Author Topic: The Scariest Jobs Chart Ever  (Read 1551 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
The Scariest Jobs Chart Ever
« on: January 10, 2010, 07:40:14 PM »
The Scariest Jobs Chart Ever
Henry Blodget | Jan. 10, 2010, 5:18 PM | 3,709 |  25
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

________________________ ________

PrintTags: Economy, Employment, Jobs, Recession
This chart from Calculated Risk shows the decline in jobs as a percentage of the work force at the peak.

To date in this recession, we've lost more than 8 million jobs.  The decline as a percentage of the workforce is the worst since the Great Depression, matching the sharp but short drop in 1948, as the war machine wound down.

Equally important, the duration of these job losses, as well as the lack of a sharp recovery (at least so far), suggests that the problem will be with us for a long while.  We're now 24 months into this decline, and we're still at the bottom.  By this point in most previous recessions, we had already recovered all of the lost jobs.

Here's Calculated Risk:

This graph shows the job losses from the start of the employment recession, in percentage terms (as opposed to the number of jobs lost). The current employment recession is the worst recession since WWII in percentage terms, and 2nd worst in terms of the unemployment rate (only early '80s recession with a peak of 10.8 percent was worse).

Note: The total jobs lost does not include the annual benchmark payroll revision that will be announced on February 5, 2010. The preliminary estimate is for a downward revision of 824,000 jobs - pushing the total jobs lost over 8 million.

________________________ ____

Celente is right we ar going from recession to depression.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
Re: The Scariest Jobs Chart Ever
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 07:46:05 PM »
yikes - that is a serious indictment on the "perfect system" capitalism

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 07:51:37 PM »
yikes - that is a serious indictment on the "perfect system" capitalism

We dont have anything remotely even approching capitilism.  We currently live in a economic fascist state by definition. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 08:00:24 PM »
fear not... gold bubble will burst, dollar will recover. 

Confidence will come back when this happens.

In nov, FOX news says "We won back 21 seats in the House and 3 in senate! WE WON!" and repubs will pat themselves on the back long enough to lose their fire, allowing obama to cakewalk in 2012.

Libs will get their healthcare bill, Obama will have a few PR wins, maybe kill some bad guys.

And nothing will change.  Everything will keep on keeping on. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 08:02:10 PM »
Time to get a job in law enforcement. ::)

Definately in Yonkers, NY.  The bullies w badges are all well over 100k a year an insane benes.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 08:05:41 PM »
they'll claim a win if it passes.  Yeah, it's only a 60% win... but it's something Clinton failed at. 

If it doesn't pass, ya know damn well the Gop will claim a major victory.  So you have to let the left call it a win if it passes.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 08:08:02 PM »
This book has blown my mind so far on economics.  I am still libertarian in my views 100%, but this book truly exposes just how screwed we are w the govt and banks doing eachs others bidding.  

Its depressing to the nth degree, but revealing just how bad it really is.

I just finished the part about how the public was scammed into supporting WW1 by Wilson after the Lusitania sinking and am very pissed off!

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
newsflash... Libs didn't and won't get their healhcare bill.  The Insurance companies got their bill.  You can't show me where libs are happy with this bill whatsoever.

And Big Pharma.  Barry wasn't able to get his re importation amendments through.  I still have no idea if they pass this bill, what's going to keep costs in check?

As for the libs supporting it?  Well, they're the ones pushing it through.  Although I agree in the sense that the liberal base of voters don't support it and that may come back to bite these politicians in the ass.  Hopefully!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 08:17:43 PM »
We dont have anything remotely even approching capitilism.  We currently live in a economic fascist state by definition. 

You use the term "currently".    When was the last time that capitialism was at work?  Did the introduction of the federal treasury start the fascist part of capitialism?    Whats your veiw of this 33?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 08:19:55 PM »
yeha, but liberals melt over anything, just like the far-right people.

Rational people in the middle will see a 60% bill and give him a "B" grade.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 08:25:31 PM »

You use the term "currently".    When was the last time that capitialism was at work?  Did the introduction of the federal treasury start the fascist part of capitialism?    Whats your veiw of this 33?

To a degree, but definately once the govt went away from the gold standard as far as monetary policy goes.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 08:31:55 PM »
no they're not.  You guys can't see the divide between the liberal base and what dems/Obama are doing?  As it is now, this is not what libs wanted whatsoever.  Will Dems stand up there and applaud it as a victory for the people?  Yup... Does that have anything to do with what liberals are disgusted with?  nope....  This isn't what liberals/progressives wanted.  Are pundits playing it up as having postitive sides, better than nothing... yup, that's what they're paid to do.

Most Democrats(politicians) are not libs, most of them are tools of the highest bidder, just like republicans.  Liberals have been screaming mad about the direction of this bill for many months.  Have they listened to their base?  Nope.........

Hugo - my beefs with the bill are exactly what ou will read on DU or Hff.  This thing is not about lib/con its about horrible policy!

Skip - BARRY NEVER WANTED REIMPORTATION!

I posted numerous articles that this was the deal he cut in the WH in order to get their support.  He never even tried!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 08:33:52 PM »
i dont claim to be an expert on the bill.  Are you saying poor folks will not benefit at all from it?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 08:39:04 PM »
i dont claim to be an expert on the bill.  Are you saying poor folks will not benefit at all from it?

1.  Time to take your own advice and focus on issues not Sarah.  Start with reading my threads on HCR

2.  Just because some "poor" get helped does not justify screwing over everyone else to benefit the insurance carriers and drug companies.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 08:39:18 PM »
I think I just realized something.  Could be wrong but I think Obama will run again and will win.  How can someone blatantly piss all over their base, treat them like they're stupid and think he can get away with it?  Only if that's the plan/promise........  I suspect he'll be running against some extreme far right evangelical or something.  Libs will say, I'm pissed but fuck that and vote for Obama.  If not, if i'm wrong thinking this, the green party will have a big showing in the next election.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 08:39:51 PM »
Skip - BARRY NEVER WANTED REIMPORTATION!

I posted numerous articles that this was the deal he cut in the WH in order to get their support.  He never even tried!

He did want it, he did try, but in the end he sold out to Big Pharma like a cheap red district bitch...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 08:43:56 PM »

He did want it, he did try, but in the end he sold out to Big Pharma like a cheap red district bitch...

Skip - he really never tied on this.  He simply asked every special interest what they wanted and gave it to them carte blanche. 

Dorgan put it in the amendment and its getting dropped by the WH.  Many think Dorgan is retiring due to this sell out.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 08:44:39 PM »
I'm sure some people will find something in this.  By far, from what I see, the benefit goes to Big Pharma and the Insurance Companies and a lot of people will get screwed.  The point being, this isn't what liberals wanted and seeing it as the big payday for the companies screwing everyone over sure in the hell is not what liberals wanted.  Hell no they are not happy with it and many are steaming mad about it.  Will those libs call it a victory?  haha... no way...  That was the point.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 08:46:38 PM »

no, actually at the start he sold out.  333 and others posted on way way way back...  I might have even posted on it back then.  We saw this result coming months ago.  Oh and sorry, I didn't read the last line of your post above that I replied to.  I should have because I wouldn't have posted the same.  jumped the gun lol..

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 09:01:56 PM »
386 I thought you were against the public option?

anyways, the bill is blocked by a unified GOP and a couple of sell out democrats.
Nobody is able to give a good reason not to include a public option.
Something to compete with big insurance. Keep premiums down.
As empty as paradise

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 01:27:43 AM »

I have to agree.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 03:18:22 AM »
I have to agree.
So I guess Wal-Mart is a Communist invention then?

Some of you have really weird definitions of what Capitalism or Communism is.

Could it perhaps be that there's been free flowing Capitalism without any regulations that got us where we are?

that the corporations have been allowed to own the politicians?
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 03:31:37 AM »

Could it perhaps be that there's been free flowing Capitalism without any regulations that got us where we are?

how did you get from 3333's post and gcb's reply to this? lol...

What are you drinking over there today?  If it's that good, I'll import me some :P

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 05:36:54 AM »

Are you out of your freaking mind Hedge? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 05:53:09 AM »
I admit to being totally lost by his post too. lol.....   I was thinking, where in the what the who-when-huh?

We have miliions and zillions and regulations, which are all steered and crafted in a way that benefits those that lobby the politicians most. 

Anyone who thinks lack of regulation is our problem is truly mistaken.  If we had lack of regulation and a true free market, GS, AIG, BOA would be gone.