Author Topic: US F1 team.  (Read 4699 times)

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
US F1 team.
« on: January 10, 2010, 11:56:06 PM »
 62 days to the 1st race... no road test,no drivers, no complete REAL car.
 This is F1!!! not "American chopper"

Gracie Rules

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
Re: US F1 team.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 09:27:02 AM »
  2010 US F1 driver.

Gracie Rules

phemonmmill32

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 09:37:41 AM »
sounds  like  a failure before the opening green flag is waved.. who are the potential drivers?

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 01:37:37 PM »
sounds  like  a failure before the opening green flag is waved.. who are the potential drivers?

Argentinian Jose Maria Lopez.and British star and former Honda young driver programme member James Rossiter,
Gracie Rules

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 01:49:27 PM »

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 02:02:02 PM »
Ford is no stranger to F1, they supplied engines for Lotus and other companies. And they owned, I believed the Swift F1 team, which they converted to the Jaguar F1 team.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 02:12:06 PM »
Ford is no stranger to F1, they supplied engines for Lotus and other companies. And they owned, I believed the Swift F1 team, which they converted to the Jaguar F1 team.

OK... they got the engine, what about the rest?
Gracie Rules

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 02:16:41 PM »

OK... they got the engine, what about the rest?

Some of the rest

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 02:53:48 PM »
Some of the rest

Couple of other things.
 No road test.
 Pass their crash tests.
 Have a car that passes the inspection,the list goes on and on.
 Plus the 50 million up front in a bank account to secure people not dropping out like flies.

Another thing they are even called "US F1". US? Huh? Team principal is English. They are "US based" but will be operating out of a place in Spain (?), using British engines, British electronics, etc. And while they haven't announced any drivers, the only ones that have been mentioned are a guy from South America and links to some others, none of which are American.

Where is the "US" in USF1? There isn't.
Gracie Rules

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 03:06:35 PM »

Couple of other things.
 No road test.
 Pass their crash tests.
 Have a car that passes the inspection,the list goes on and on.
 Plus the 50 million up front in a bank account to secure people not dropping out like flies.

Another thing they are even called "US F1". US? Huh? Team principal is English. They are "US based" but will be operating out of a place in Spain (?), using British engines, British electronics, etc. And while they haven't announced any drivers, the only ones that have been mentioned are a guy from South America and links to some others, none of which are American.

Where is the "US" in USF1? There isn't.

I agree no US in the USF1 but it's a start besides Ferrari who else does everything in house? most chassis' are built in the UK etc

I've watched F1 for a very long time and in the US I'm in the minority most race fans are into hillbilly NASCAR so as a fan of F1 I would love to see a US presence in the sport but I'm realistic , I was very excited when Michael Andretti went with McLaren but but he joined at a very bad time for the time but he did okay despite that even Senna admitted it was a very tough time for him to join .

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 03:30:48 PM »
I agree no US in the USF1 but it's a start besides Ferrari who else does everything in house? most chassis' are built in the UK etc

I've watched F1 for a very long time and in the US I'm in the minority most race fans are into hillbilly NASCAR so as a fan of F1 I would love to see a US presence in the sport but I'm realistic , I was very excited when Michael Andretti went with McLaren but but he joined at a very bad time for the time but he did okay despite that even Senna admitted it was a very tough time for him to join .

I'm not bashing the team, I'm not anti America.
 Please don't get me wrong. I'm just been realistic.
Gracie Rules

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 03:44:28 PM »

I'm not bashing the team, I'm not anti America.
 Please don't get me wrong. I'm just been realistic.
In these economic times, it wouldn't be thesible for GM or Ford or Chrysler  to field their own F1 team. Ford has the most experience, with it's Euro arm to, if they so wish, develop a F1 car. It would be nice if the Ford and GM did so, and let the resulting technology trickle down to some of its cars (A Super Corvette, or Ford developing a Thunderbird).

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 03:49:35 PM »
;)
Back when I was a nipper, I used to be a huge F1 fan. Had that JPS in a die-cast. Even had the Tyrrell double-front wheel car, too. I figure if I could be any kind of sportsman I'd choose to be an F1 driver. Now, I occasionally listen to NASCAR on the radio as they just drive in ovals, but F1 you have to watch. And have you seen the women who hang around F1!? Oh my.

acqui

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 06:39:43 PM »
Peter Windsor can't even walk down  pit road without sounding confused so Lord only knows what he'll come up with for an F1 team. My guess is that he's waiting on the highest rent a driver.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 06:45:51 PM »
Back when I was a nipper, I used to be a huge F1 fan. Had that JPS in a die-cast. Even had the Tyrrell double-front wheel car, too. I figure if I could be any kind of sportsman I'd choose to be an F1 driver. Now, I occasionally listen to NASCAR on the radio as they just drive in ovals, but F1 you have to watch. And have you seen the women who hang around F1!? Oh my.

Actually in NASCAR they do a think at least one road course. I use to watch F1 all the time but since Schumi retired I haven't followed it that closely and boy do I remember the women of F1 lol

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 07:58:49 PM »
Actually in NASCAR they do a think at least one road course. I use to watch F1 all the time but since Schumi retired I haven't followed it that closely and boy do I remember the women of F1 lol

Well... he's back.

Gracie Rules

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 08:31:21 PM »

I thought USF1 was using Cosworth?

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 08:55:46 PM »

Gracie Rules

Magnus Greel

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 01:11:52 AM »

Will be interesting season to see Alonso V Hamilton v Button v Schumi.

Brawn-mercedes have got to be the favourite.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 04:07:07 AM »

My question is that will he still help Ferrari develop road cars? He has helped develop the 550 Barchetta, 575, 599, Enzo, 360, 430, 458, FXX, Fxx Evo, 599 xx, California, and I think the Enzo replacement as well.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 05:00:28 AM »

Yep - gonna be good this year - I think Hamilton will recover though.

Magnus Greel

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 06:15:07 AM »
My question is that will he still help Ferrari develop road cars? He has helped develop the 550 Barchetta, 575, 599, Enzo, 360, 430, 458, FXX, Fxx Evo, 599 xx, California, and I think the Enzo replacement as well.

Highly unlikely that he will have any further involvement, in his consultancy role he helped the team, helped the car company with the developments you mentioned and also did promotional work for sponsors like shell. The consultancy role was part of the whole package of what he did, and from what I've seen Luca de Montezemolo has said their relationship is finished.

Magnus Greel

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 06:18:36 AM »
Yep - gonna be good this year - I think Hamilton will recover though.

yeah, i think it will be close whichever way. Also i think Alonso will bring a much needed schumi-esque style management to the ferrari team. No doubt Alonso will pull the team around him (at massa's expense), and engage in more of the car and team development in the same way schumacher did, so I think Ferrari will also be in a stronger position.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 02:48:58 PM »
 Michael Schumacher - The first test in GP2 Jerez de la Frontera. 01/12/2010

Gracie Rules

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 09:41:31 PM »
  Mercedes Grand Prix 2010 F1 livery

Gracie Rules