Author Topic: steven segal lawman hahah I cannot stop laughing  (Read 7584 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: steven segal lawman hahah I cannot stop laughing
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 08:27:06 AM »
Seagal has been a cop for 20 yrs? who knew?

lolo :D

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 08:27:39 AM »
hahah that would be awesome - think of the humiliation to the gym rat - Steven fucking segal busted me
Segal: you post on Getbig right?
hahaha or "whats your screen name, lets see if you post on the roid board as well"

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 08:30:07 AM »
hahaha or "whats your screen name, lets see if you post on the roid board as well"

Why would I? I have no interest in Steroids I thought that was pretty obvious :D

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 08:31:41 AM »
Out of all places on earth..he chose jefferson parish...I grew up there. lol  

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2010, 08:45:59 AM »
I like when Segal talks all black. "yo maaan, who gun dis is here?" 

He never talked like that on fucken red carpet interviews.

It's always good to "talk to your audience."

If you're speaking to a CEO at a party, you do not talk ghetto saying "Homey, you ain't gonna do SHIT" or whatever.

But if you are in the ghetto, you do not use 50 cent words, and speak like you're giving a Valedictorian speech.

Know your audience, and you can connect with them a little easier. I think that's all Segal is trying to do.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2010, 08:51:45 AM »

If you're speaking to a CEO at a party, you do not talk ghetto saying "Homey, you ain't gonna do SHIT" or whatever.

But if you are in the ghetto, you do not use 50 cent words, and speak like you're giving a Valedictorian speech.

Know your audience, and you can connect with them a little easier. I think that's all Segal is trying to do.

Another story from Millers book was:

A rookie got teamed up with an experienced cop, the experienced cop tells the rockie to tell the couple which was blamed for noise polution to shut the fuck up.

So he goes over an in the nicest tone possible say: Can you ladies and gentleman keep the noise level down please?
They look at him like hes from planet Mars.
Then they look over to the experienced cop and say: Sir what's he saying?
Where the reply was: If you don't keep the noise down we're going to bust your ass and crack your fucking heads wide open, do you understand that?
Which they replied: Yesir we understand that ;D

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2010, 09:28:26 AM »

Very true.  There is a time and place. Adapt and be versatile always.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2010, 11:09:08 AM »
Segal was the man back in the day,now he`s a fat bloated mess of a man who looks like Dracula and talks like he`s from the hood.

In essence,he`s a tool and a total has been.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2010, 11:24:03 AM »
Go straight to the Taser. The most non-lethal take down option available. Things are freaking golden!! No need to wrestle with anyone anymore..only on a very rare occasion.
And that is why police delts are being sued. Lazy cops who go straight for the taser. Or like what happened on the west coast, forgetting where the taser is and shooting a subdued perp.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 12:00:58 PM »
He'd beat 99% of everyone on this boards ass...all while laughing...
always speak for yourself how can you speak for 99% of people on the board
 ???
choice is an illusion

clownbaby

• Getbig III
  • get licked
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 12:27:38 PM »
Ha ha that is so cheesy
be is so fat can he even kick anymore
 al let's hope if he comes across a tough guy with a gun the guy throws the gun away and gets real close so seagal can do his famous patty cake hand moves and look good on camera
hahaha  what do these famous guys do with their money that they have to return in old age to do foolishness like this :-\

He never did "kick" as his martial art, aikido has nothing to do with kicking but rather redirecting your opponents energy and movement. His techniques are very effective and law enforcement officials often bring in aikido teachers to show the police officers techiques to protect themselves.

You are an ignorant clown, and stark has got to be one of the dumbest posters on this site

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 12:51:02 PM »
very adamant.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2010, 01:12:26 PM »
He never did "kick" as his martial art, aikido has nothing to do with kicking but rather redirecting your opponents energy and movement. His techniques are very effective and law enforcement officials often bring in aikido teachers to show the police officers techiques to protect themselves.

You are an ignorant clown, and stark has got to be one of the dumbest posters on this site
who asked you to clarify anything
I watched a movie last night with young seagal and he was kicking I notice as he got older and fat in his movies he stopped kicking
and the fact remains the show looks cheesy and staged you seem upset  
try and get over it  by calming down if that doesnt help have a cry into your pillow tonite see if it helps
choice is an illusion

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2010, 01:17:02 PM »

This is true.

My Attorney is a black man from Alabama and he speaks perfect English, but when he is around a client who is a bit "ghetto" his speaking style changes and the client can relate to him better. The first few times i heard him do it was over the phone while i was at his office and i was like WTF, but he explained to me how "you need to speak to your audience in a way they can relate". Anyway, he is a very high profile Attorney and does well for his family, so as long as he speaks to me in proper English, he will be my Attorney. ;D

Segal actually does a lot of good things for the community and has been doing them for years. Most people don't know much about Segal and even though his movies are cheesy, he's actually fully capable of disarming people rather quickly and it's not just Hollywood stunts.

8)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2010, 02:03:24 PM »
I can't hate on  the guy...he comes off like a genuine good guy... brings toys regularly to kids in a hospital... solid man, can't hate on that ..

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2010, 02:15:29 PM »
hahahaha...Yall wild...

Dont forget..this guy was runnin dojos and shit in japan...i think this "patty cake shit" would really fuck someone up.. I dont think you forget Aikido..

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2010, 03:23:16 PM »

HA!  Run so far away just started playing on KCDX when I started reading this thread!

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2010, 04:19:38 PM »
I followed a 3 day Aikido seminar with him in 1994, in a small town close to Paris.
Place was packed with about 400 students from all over Europe and some from the US as well.
In those days he used to give seminars when he wanted as he travelled the world to promote his (then succesful) movies.
Sign up was limited and the Paris seminar was an annual thing back then and was always fully booked a year in advance, when people were at the seminar and registration for next years seminar opened up that weekend.
I missed '93 because of this, but made sure my buddy who went that year signed me up for the year after in '94.
You were not allowed to bring video/photo camera and no training weapons inside the training hall (wooden stick/jo, sword/boken, knife/tanto).

When he entered the hall the first day, I was kind of surprised with how tall he is, never realised it until then how tall he is.
You know how soft he speaks sometimes in the movies? That's how he was speaking while demonstrating/explaining a technique. Too bad if you were sitting all the wayin the back, your eyes would have to do the studying.
After the technique he did take his time and walked around and made sure everybody got attention.

Dude training not too far away from me had the courage to ask Steve/Take sensei to do his famous clothesline move on him (irimi nage)
Steve asked him if he was sure. Dude got excited and said YES.
Ofcourse everybody around Steve always sits down when he's showing something so you can see from up close what's going on, same here.
The guy hit the mat so hard and fast that the people watching him got worried when they saw him going down. He was ok, little dizzy but at least could "brag" for the rest of his life that he was thrown by Steve.

Here is Irimi nage.
The short Japanese guy Steve used to use in every demo and most of his early movies is his former student Matsuoka.
They're not on good terms for a while now, but Matsuoka is gangster as well, short as he is, dude is fast as lightning!