Author Topic: Lane Kiffin - Back to U$C  (Read 7270 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: Lane Kiffin - Back to U$C
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2010, 07:28:30 PM »
Did anyone see the press conference? Pretty uneventful except for the one reporter who made kiffin squirm asking about Ed Ogeron texting UT recruits during the final meeting telling them to drop UT and go to USC. Kiffin answered the question the way Clinton would on the Lewinski trial. Enjoy him USC fans!

He is going to even bring more shame on the U$C program. I was reading about how he was talking to Kyle Prater to come back to U$C after Lane told him to come to Tennenssee. Recruiting is what it is all about though.
D

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2010, 07:36:33 PM »
He is going to even bring more shame on the U$C program. I was reading about how he was talking to Kyle Prater to come back to U$C after Lane told him to come to Tennenssee. Recruiting is what it is all about though.

I read on a Vol board where Orgeron admitted on Fox sports radio that he did call UT recruits but only because he had built relationships and just wanted to square things away. What a nice fella, right? They are all good recruiters though, it should be easy for those guys now in So Cal to get who they want. Can he actually coach them up though and stay out of trouble at the same time, I say probably not.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2010, 07:54:50 PM »
I read on a Vol board where Orgeron admitted on Fox sports radio that he did call UT recruits but only because he had built relationships and just wanted to square things away. What a nice fella, right? They are all good recruiters though, it should be easy for those guys now in So Cal to get who they want. Can he actually coach them up though and stay out of trouble at the same time, I say probably not.

Would you let your kid go to a Lane Kiffin coached team?? This guy is "SCUM" (That is what Buckeyes call my Alma Mata) If i had a kid, "NO WAY"!!
D

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2010, 08:06:43 PM »
Would you let your kid go to a Lane Kiffin coached team?? This guy is "SCUM" (That is what Buckeyes call my Alma Mata) If i had a kid, "NO WAY"!!

I wouldn't, but trust me, there will be kids lining the streets to play there. Not because of Kiffin and company, but because its USC. And a lot of parents don't care about the coaches character, only that coaches ability to get his kid to the next level. 

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2010, 08:17:45 PM »
I wouldn't, but trust me, there will be kids lining the streets to play there. Not because of Kiffin and company, but because its USC. And a lot of parents don't care about the coaches character, only that coaches ability to get his kid to the next level. 

That is true for all D1 Kids and their Parents.  8) Most kids are on the three year program.
D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2010, 09:33:04 PM »
Seems like Lane is going back to the west coast!! Got his QB that he needs and is leaving some great recruits at Tennessee
What GREAT recruits did he bail out from the Memphis City Jail?
((-::

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2010, 10:19:23 PM »

I don't know about that. Up until Carroll showed up at USC, it had been a shithole for a while. With probable punishment by the NCAA coming down the pipe, I wouldn't be surprised to see USC end up back there.

Oregon's the new big dog in the Pac 10 anyway.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2010, 11:06:58 AM »
I don't know about that. Up until Carroll showed up at USC, it had been a shithole for a while. With probable punishment by the NCAA coming down the pipe, I wouldn't be surprised to see USC end up back there.

Oregon's the new big dog in the Pac 10 anyway.

Read a column on ESPN that said that Kiffin's farewell meeting with the TN players began to get very hostile. I read that certain players wanted to take a swing at him and had to be restrained by assistant coaches. Don't know how valid this story is, though.

body88

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2010, 07:19:03 AM »
I felt bad about this until I heard a different point of view. Which small school is going to lose their great coach to UT, now?  It works both ways, and this time out USC poached a coach from a lesser program. Just like ND did to Cinci and so on.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2010, 07:41:07 AM »
I felt bad about this until I heard a different point of view. Which small school is going to lose their great coach to UT, now?  It works both ways, and this time out USC poached a coach from a lesser program. Just like ND did to Cinci and so on.

I felt bad for the players at Michigan when RR came to AA and when he left Morgantown. RR said that it was MICHIGAN!! He had to leave and take the chance to coach at a better school. He needs to win NOW or he is out next year!! What happens if our next coach brings back the Pro style offense???
D

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2010, 08:27:08 AM »
I felt bad for the players at Michigan when RR came to AA and when he left Morgantown. RR said that it was MICHIGAN!! He had to leave and take the chance to coach at a better school. He needs to win NOW or he is out next year!! What happens if our next coach brings back the Pro style offense???

thing is, RR actually earned his shot at michigan. kiffin, not really.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2010, 10:30:18 AM »
thing is, RR actually earned his shot at michigan. kiffin, not really.

Coaching is all about who is the SEXY pick. U$C has never shyed away from bringing in the big names because that helps gets recruits....Southern Cal, Women, pipeline to NFL and Los Angeles. 
D