Author Topic: Obama: I've Failed To Bring Americans Together... But I'll Try Again This Year  (Read 3453 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama: I've Failed To Bring Americans Together... But I'll Try Again This Year
Daily amil (UK) ^ | January 13, 2010 | David Gardner

________________________ ________________________ _____

Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 3:14:04 PM by Steelfish

Obama: I've Failed To Bring Americans Together... But I'll Try Again This Year

David Gardner 13th January 2010 Barack Obama has confessed that he failed in his bid to bring Americans together in the first year of his presidency. One year after promising a new era of change at his historic White House inauguration, the president acknowledged that an atmosphere of divisiveness has washed away some of his lofty goals. ‘That’s what has been lost this year – that whole sense of changing how Washington works,’ Mr Obama said in an interview with People magazine in the US. He said his second-year agenda will focus on uniting the country around common values.

Not what he'd hoped: Barack Obama speaks to the media about the earthquake in Haiti today, with Vice President Joe Biden behind him [Pic in URL]. The president has admitted in a magazine that he has failed to unite Americans. ‘We all want work that is satisfying, pays the bills and gives children a better future and security,’ said, adding it doesn’t matter ‘whether we are Democrats or Republicans.’

The president has faced an increasingly uphill battle pushing through his policies against a backdrop of party political bickering. His pleas for bipartisan support have largely fallen on deaf ears. Republican leaders have rallied against the core items of Mr Obama's agenda, from his economic stimulus plan to fight the recession to overhauling the US health care system. The mood of the country has remained in a sustained slump, too, as double-digit unemployment has followed a campaign built upon ‘hope’ and ‘change.’

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

________________________ ________________________ _____________________

Gee, you think Barry? 

Maybe letting Pelosi run the show wasnt the best idea Barry?????

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
That's mainly because he allowed the left in congress to run policy for the year.  Plus, there's been even less transparency and more back room deals and favors than anyone expected.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
You know what guys I think it's great that he is admitting his faults.  You can't really roast him for that. 
Abandon every hope...

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
That's mainly because he allowed the left in congress to run policy for the year.  Plus, there's been even less transparency and more back room deals and favors than anyone expected.

Excluding a public option - you really think that is allowing the left to run the policy? ???

As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Excluding a public option - you really think that is allowing the left to run the policy? ???

Cap & Trade,  Amnesty for illegals, Stimulus Bill, extreme appointments to positions, etc. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
Cap & Trade,  Amnesty for illegals, Stimulus Bill, extreme appointments to positions, etc. 

Did he pass all this in his first year? No. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Did he pass all this in his first year? No. 

It doesnt matter, those are the things he is trying to ram through which all but the fringe left want. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
It doesnt matter, those are the things he is trying to ram through which all but the fringe left want. 

Ram through where? He didn't ram through health care very well in fact he lost out on the most important stuff because he couldn't 'ram through' what he wanted.  You're over estimating Obama and the left on this 333.  If they were motivated to ram through legislation we would have had a public option months ago.  Fact is within their own party they can't ram anything through let alone the congress and house they control.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Ram through where? He didn't ram through health care very well in fact he lost out on the most important stuff because he couldn't 'ram through' what he wanted.  You're over estimating Obama and the left on this 333.  If they were motivated to ram through legislation we would have had a public option months ago.  Fact is within their own party they can't ram anything through let alone the congress and house they control.

The Town Halls scared the hell out of the dems and now people are diesecting these horrific policies and speaking out.  No one wants these bills but the obamabots and the hack politicians looking to justify their paycheck.

Crap & Tax is a disaster almost universally and even many envrios say its a sham. 

The Stim Bill is a colossal failure. 

The wall street bailouts and Geithner are upsetting people. 

and on and on. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
The Town Halls scared the hell out of the dems and now people are diesecting these horrific policies and speaking out.  No one wants these bills but the obamabots and the hack politicians looking to justify their paycheck.

Crap & Tax is a disaster almost universally and even many envrios say its a sham. 

The Stim Bill is a colossal failure. 

The wall street bailouts and Geithner are upsetting people. 

and on and on. 

Wouldn't what you just posted go against him being able to ram through those things? 

BTW repub and dem supported bailouts, and stim bill so any one who was president would have done the exact same thing on those issues.   Even your beloved Palin if she so happened to be president during a period like this. 

Cap and trade has not even been fleshed out yet.  what you are speculating on is a bill that has not even been debated thoroughly so really you have no idea what the final bill will look like.  If we are to take Obama at his word then it may include more partisanship than last year.   
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
Oh and just so we are clear -

McCain Palin ran a campaign on cap and trade.

There are many economists and accountants who support cap and trade as a viable system for decreasing emissions including ones at the University of Chicago (you know one of the best schools in the world)

Bush 1 instituted a cap and trade like policy with his clean air act of i believe 1990, this has done no harm to business and has reduced emissions and has yet to be repealed because the way you say it, cap and trade is the worst thing in the world so why oh why would it still be in effect today?
Abandon every hope...

tonymctones

• Getbig V

BTW repub and dem supported bailouts, and stim bill so any one who was president would have done the exact same thing on those issues.   Even your beloved Palin if she so happened to be president during a period like this. 
I love this moral equivalency bull shit, just b/c a rep would have done it doesnt make it right brain child  ::)

admit that it was rammed through by obama and was a colossal waste of tax payer money...I would give him props if he came out and admitted that.

shit id give you props if you came out and admitted that  ::)

kcballer

• Getbig V
I love this moral equivalency bull shit, just b/c a rep would have done it doesnt make it right brain child  ::)

admit that it was rammed through by obama and was a colossal waste of tax payer money...I would give him props if he came out and admitted that.

shit id give you props if you came out and admitted that  ::)

I don't think it was the wrong thing though, neither did the UK, China, Europe and any other country massively effected by this.  They all passed stimulus bills of some kind.  Are there things in the US bill i don't agree with? Sure but i'd rather have this than no stimulus.
Abandon every hope...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I don't think it was the wrong thing though, neither did the UK, China, Europe and any other country massively effected by this.  They all passed stimulus bills of some kind.  Are there things in the US bill i don't agree with? Sure but i'd rather have this than no stimulus.
again this is the problem acting simply for the sake of acting....IS NOT THE FUKING ANSWER

I agree something needed to be done, what didnt need to be done was giving congress a number and saying fill that number.  ::) What it got us is pork barreled spending, inefficient use of our tax dollars and more debt...

whatever benefits this stimulus had will be severely outweighed by the downsides especially in the future...

think if the net outcome isnt more than the input, YOU DONT DO IT...

kcballer

• Getbig V
again this is the problem acting simply for the sake of acting....IS NOT THE FUKING ANSWER

I agree something needed to be done, what didnt need to be done was giving congress a number and saying fill that number.  ::) What it got us is pork barreled spending, inefficient use of our tax dollars and more debt...

whatever benefits this stimulus had will be severely outweighed by the downsides especially in the future...

think if the net outcome isnt more than the input, YOU DONT DO IT...

We will not know the positive or negative effects of the added debt for years to come.  This is something that only years later in retrospect, can it truly be judged correctly.  Without the blindness of anti health care anti dem anti obama sentiment. And that is all i'm going to say on the stimulus.
Abandon every hope...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
240, rudy, and now the white house admits obama will go center in year 2.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

KC - I posted endlessly why the Stim Bill would fail, and a year later guess what?  I was right.  

Obama is either a economic illiterate or a liar.  I think he is a combo of both personally.

He also has a way of attacking peoples' motives that send them into attack mode.  

Remember these gems:  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
We will not know the positive or negative effects of the added debt for years to come.  This is something that only years later in retrospect, can it truly be judged correctly.  Without the blindness of anti health care anti dem anti obama sentiment. And that is all i'm going to say on the stimulus.

Then why are they calling for Stim Bill Part 2?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
240, rudy, and now the white house admits obama will go center in year 2.

God are you blind. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
why am i blind?

white house will 'unite' by getting more moderate voters on board.  they do all the lib shit in year 1, then play moderate in year 2 for 2010 seat races.

then, early 2011 they push amnesty, gun control and other lib BS.  Then, for fall 11 primaries (to ensure obama doesn't get a hilary or evan buyh challenger) he goes pure moderate, or complete inaction (doing little to piss anyone off) until the elections.

watch and see.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
why am i blind?

white house will 'unite' by getting more moderate voters on board.  they do all the lib shit in year 1, then play moderate in year 2 for 2010 seat races.

then, early 2011 they push amnesty, gun control and other lib BS.  Then, for fall 11 primaries (to ensure obama doesn't get a hilary or evan buyh challenger) he goes pure moderate, or complete inaction (doing little to piss anyone off) until the elections.

watch and see.

They already have crap & tax, health care, and amensty for illegals on the calendar 240. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Obama PLANNED to get 2 of those passed in 2010.  Your valiant efforts, along with many other people, have held things up :)

Suppose he gets those 3 voted on by March 2010.  Suddenly it's primary time for fall seats and BOOM he catches Bin laden, and/or DOW jumps to 12k, and/or UE drops to 9%, and/or UFO evidence released, and/or any number of things that can be manipulated to make obama suddenly cool and hip again.

You live politics, 33, and you are gonig to remember Obama's actions from years back.  Most people simply will not.  "Obama got bin laden and he fixed the economy that Bush broke, that's good enough for me... now, what's the number to call to vote for American idol?"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama PLANNED to get 2 of those passed in 2010.  Your valiant efforts, along with many other people, have held things up :)

Suppose he gets those 3 voted on by March 2010.  Suddenly it's primary time for fall seats and BOOM he catches Bin laden, and/or DOW jumps to 12k, and/or UE drops to 9%, and/or UFO evidence released, and/or any number of things that can be manipulated to make obama suddenly cool and hip again.

You live politics, 33, and you are gonig to remember Obama's actions from years back.  Most people simply will not.  "Obama got bin laden and he fixed the economy that Bush broke, that's good enough for me... now, what's the number to call to vote for American idol?"

No 240 it does not work like that.  Crap & Tax and amensty will bog down both houses for months on end. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
why am i blind?

white house will 'unite' by getting more moderate voters on board.  they do all the lib shit in year 1, then play moderate in year 2 for 2010 seat races.

then, early 2011 they push amnesty, gun control and other lib BS.  Then, for fall 11 primaries (to ensure obama doesn't get a hilary or evan buyh challenger) he goes pure moderate, or complete inaction (doing little to piss anyone off) until the elections.

watch and see.

Haha...another Clintonian waffler.  But, you're probably right.  If not in actions then certainly in campaign speeches.  Deeds above words...but, if the media decides to make him a superstar again I suppose he'll be portrayed as middle of the road, humble, fighting the good fight, blah, blah, blah...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Haha...another Clintonian waffler.  But, you're probably right.  If not in actions then certainly in campaign speeches.  Deeds above words...but, if the media decides to make him a superstar again I suppose he'll be portrayed as middle of the road, humble, fighting the good fight, blah, blah, blah...

Its too damn late for that.  Obama blew his wad on Health Care.  if Brown wins in MA, Barry is donezo.