Author Topic: Does pain=gain?  (Read 1080 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Does pain=gain?
« on: January 13, 2010, 10:28:58 PM »
The saying goes:  No pain, no gain. 

Is this true for bodybuilding?  I noticed a lot of people with great bodies train very intensely in the gym and appear to be in pain.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Does pain=gain?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 10:36:16 PM »
Unless you consider a needle in your ass twice a day "pain" because these pros couldn't train hard if their life depended on it!

io856

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 10:39:26 PM »
Unless you consider a needle in your ass twice a day "pain" because these pros couldn't train hard if their life depended on it!
epic scar tissue

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 10:49:47 PM »
Some days i'm sore some not so much. Some bodyparts would hurt more than others the next day.

I could always do 10 sets per bodypart in order to be in pain but then i wouldn't recover. I don't think it's the main factor but there is always some pain. Less now than way back when i started training.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 11:08:22 PM »

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 11:52:59 PM »
pain isnt always a good thing and it can mean that you need to take it easy or take a little time off. but if your training hard and consistantly you will inevitably come across some pain.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 12:22:34 AM »
I wouldn't call it pain. But I like training, maybe it's just me.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 12:33:06 AM »
It would hurt to get taken up the bum.

Doesn't mean you will get big bum muscles.
P

erokyrwrld

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 07:19:27 AM »
If I'm not sore the next day, I consider the workout to be a waste.  There's a difference between pain and soreness (well, maybe not to a noob).  Pain is when you feel you MCL or hamstring tear (I've had both).  Not being able to walk due to an excrutiating leg day is just soreness.  So maybe it should be no sore, no gain.  Again, though, the phrase is appropriate for noobs because to them soreness is pain, because they arent at the level they can enjoy it and bask in it.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 10:47:46 PM »
If I'm not sore the next day, I consider the workout to be a waste.  There's a difference between pain and soreness (well, maybe not to a noob).  Pain is when you feel you MCL or hamstring tear (I've had both).  Not being able to walk due to an excrutiating leg day is just soreness.  So maybe it should be no sore, no gain.  Again, though, the phrase is appropriate for noobs because to them soreness is pain, because they arent at the level they can enjoy it and bask in it.
Yeah I meant soreness.