Author Topic: Sex sting nets former chief U.N. weapons inspector Scott Ritter (Pervert!)  (Read 1952 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Get Pocono Record Mobile  Home | Classifieds | Autos | Homes | Jobs | Coupons/Deals | Text Alerts | Subscribe
 January 14, 2010 14°Forecast /Radar  News
  Sex sting in Poconos nets former chief U.N. weapons inspectorText Size: A | A | A
Print this Article Email this Article
 Photo 1 of 1  |  Zoom Photo +

________________________ ________________________ ________________________

By Andrew Scott
Pocono Record Writer
January 14, 2010

A former chief United Nations weapons inspector is accused of contacting what he thought was a 15-year-old girl in an Internet chat room, engaging in a sexual conversation and showing himself masturbating on a Web camera.

Scott Ritter of Delmar, N.Y., who served as chief U.N. weapons inspector in Iraq from 1991-98 and who was an outspoken critic of the second Bush administration in the run-up to the war in Iraq, is accused of contacting what turned out to be a Barrett Township police officer posing undercover as a teen girl.

Criminal Court Docket: Former UN Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter (PDF File)Affidavit of Probable Cause: Former UN Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter (WARNING: Extremely Graphic Content) (PDF File) Read the Affidavit of Probable Cause
WARNING: Extremely Graphic Content

The police affidavit gives the following account:

Officer Ryan Venneman was posing as 15-year-old "Emily" in an online chat room when he was contacted by someone using the name "Delmarm4fun." This person, later identified as Ritter, told "Emily" he was a 44-year-old male from Albany, N.Y.

"Emily" told Ritter she was a 15-year-old girl from the Poconos, at which point Ritter asked for a picture other than the one "Emily" had posted on her account. Ritter then sent her a link to his Web camera and began to masturbate on camera.

"Emily" asked Ritter for his cell phone number, which he provided.

Ritter again asked "Emily" how old she was. Told she was 15, Ritter said he didn't realize she was 15 and turned off his webcam, saying he didn't want to get in trouble.

Ritter told "Emily" he had been fantasizing about having sex with her, to which she replied: "Guess you turned it off ..."

Ritter then said: "You want to see it finish," reactivated his webcam and continued masturbating and ejaculated on camera.

The online conversation occurred in February 2009, but the investigation lasted until November, when Ritter was charged, because police had to undergo the lengthy process of obtaining court orders to get Ritter's cell phone and computer information.

Ritter is awaiting his next appearance in Monroe County Common Pleas Court. He waived his right last month to a preliminary hearing and is free on $25,000 unsecured bail.

The Pocono Record's attempts to reach Ritter at his New York home and his attorney, Todd Henry, were unsuccessful.

This is not the first time Ritter has been in such trouble.

According to reports, Ritter was charged in a June 2001 Internet sex sting in New York, but that case was dismissed.

He had been charged with attempted child endangerment after arranging in an online chatroom to meet what he thought was a 16-year-old girl at a Burger King restaurant. The girl turned out to be an undercover policewoman.

Ritter said the criminal charge was a smear campaign in response to his criticizing U.S. policy in the Middle East.

The New York Post reported Ritter had been caught in a similar case involving a 14-year-old girl in April 2001, but that he was not charged.

In 1998, Ritter resigned from the United Nations Special Commission weapons inspection team and has been the most outspoken critic of U.S. policy toward Baghdad.

Ritter first made headlines in 1997 when, as a senior UNSCOM member, he was accused by Iraq of being an American spy himself. Now a consultant, he is the author of "Frontier Justice: Weapons of Mass Destruction and the Bushwhacking of America" and "Endgame: Solving the Iraq Problem Once and For All."

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _

Disgusting 

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
former.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
former.

He was, and probably will be an even bigger one now, hero of the left wing. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Emily" told Ritter she was a 15-year-old girl from the Poconos, at which point Ritter asked for a picture other than the one "Emily" had posted on her account. Ritter then sent her a link to his Web camera and began to masturbate on camera.

"Emily" asked Ritter for his cell phone number, which he provided.

Ritter again asked "Emily" how old she was. Told she was 15, Ritter said he didn't realize she was 15 and turned off his webcam, saying he didn't want to get in trouble.

Ritter told "Emily" he had been fantasizing about having sex with her, to which she replied: "Guess you turned it off ..."

Ritter then said: "You want to see it finish," reactivated his webcam and continued masturbating and ejaculated on camera.

________________________ ________________________ ___________

Ritter is going to get killed in prison unless he is in solitary. 

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
No he's not.  He's never been a "hero" of the left wing.  Don't make shit up.  The left also posted material from Pat Buchanan all the time during the Bush years... Is he a hero of the left wing? hahaha Don't forget, Scott Ritter is a republican. ;)

Tag on one more republican pedo to the long ass list...

thanks for mentioning the Rep. angle.
didnt want to rag on 333 so early in the morning and ruin his day. ;)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
thanks for mentioning the Rep. angle.
didnt want to rag on 333 so early in the morning and ruin his day. ;)

He may have been a Repuke, but then became a hero of DU, so I guess he is twice as bad right? 

Either way, there is no excuse for this. 

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
republican is synonymous with pedophile.  :'(
ouch; thats harsh - funny, but harsh.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
ouch; thats harsh - funny, but harsh.

You mean like Bernie Ward?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
I can only take about 5-10 minutes most of DU without having to leave.  As far as science goes - I'm sure a psychiatrist would have a field day over there and be able to diagnose some shit over there.   

Are you talking about Democratic Underground or w/e that shitty site is called? I was referring to depleted uranium.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Are you talking about Democratic Underground or w/e that shitty site is called? I was referring to depleted uranium.

Ha ha!!!!  Yeah Demo Under. 

Fury

• Getbig V
Ha ha!!!!  Yeah Demo Under.  

I can honestly say I've never gone there. The name alone warrants avoiding it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I can honestly say I've never gone there. The name alone warrants avoiding it.

Its the site where Blacken gets everything from and has 100,000 "progressives" crying for more free crap from the govt. 

Fury

• Getbig V
Its the site where Blacken gets everything from and has 100,000 "progressives" crying for more free crap from the govt. 

So it's really a playground for ultra-liberal dipshits?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
So it's really a playground for ultra-liberal dipshits?

More like a AA meeting. 

Fury

• Getbig V

BayGBM

• Getbig V
No he's not.  He's never been a "hero" of the left wing.  Don't make shit up.  The left also posted material from Pat Buchanan all the time during the Bush years... Is he a hero of the left wing? hahaha Don't forget, Scott Ritter is a republican. ;)

Tag on one more republican pedo to the long ass list...

Ouch!  :'(

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Hugo, didn't you once proclaim this guy was your personal hero and that to many he is on par with Thomas Jefferson, Nelson Mandela and Che Guevara rolled into one!?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Scott Ritter the sex criminal
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 06:21:30 AM »
Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter Nabbed in Teen Sex Sting
Thursday, January 14, 2010 
By Joshua Rhett Miller

Former chief United Nations weapons inspector Scott Ritter was arrested in a Pennsylvania sex sting in November on a litany of charges involving a lewd Internet conversation with a person he thought was a 15-year-old girl.

Ritter, 48, allegedly masturbated in front of a Web camera while he was engaged in conversation in an Internet chat room with an undercover cop posing as the teenage girl. He declined to discuss the charges Thursday when reporters visited his New York residence.

"I said there would be no comment," Ritter said, according to the Albany Times Union. "Why don't you guys just go away?"

The chief U.N. weapons inspector in Iraq from 1991-98 and harsh critic of the war in Iraq, Ritter is accused of contacting the "girl" while using the handle "delmarm4fun" last February.

Ritter, of Delmar, N.Y., allegedly told the girl, "Emily," that he was a 44-year-old man from Albany, N.Y., according to an affidavit of probable cause.

The undercover officer then told Ritter he was a 15-year-old girl from the Poconos region of Pennsylvania, at which point Ritter asked for a picture in addition to one "Emily" had posted on her account, according to the affidavit prepared by Barrett Township Police Det. Ryan Venneman.

Ritter then sent a link to his Web camera and began to masturbate while it was focused on his genitals, according to the affidavit. The former U.N. official then allegedly provided his cell phone number.

"He then continued to masturbate on web cam and he again asked how old I was," the affidavit continued. "He was advised again that I was 15 years old. He said he didn't realize that I was 15 years old and turned off his web camera. He stated that he didn't want to get in trouble."

Ritter then allegedly told the "girl" that he fantasized about having sex with her, to which the officer replied, "guess u turned it off [no problem]."

Ritter then asked the girl if she "want[ed] to see it finish" before reactivating his Web camera and ejaculating, the affidavit read.

The conversation with the girl allegedly took place on Feb. 7, 2009, but the police investigation investigation lasted until November. Ritter was arrested on Nov. 9 and charged with unlawful contact with a minor, criminal use of a communications facility, corruption of minors, indecent exposure, possessing instruments of crime, criminal attempt and criminal solicitation.

Ritter appeared for his preliminary hearing on Dec. 17 and waived the felony charge of unlawful contact with a minor. He remains free on $25,000 bail.

Ritter's attorney, Todd Henry, of Philadelphia, did not return several calls seeking comment Thursday.

Ritter — born William Scott Ritter Jr. — is a former Marine who reportedly met his second wife, Marina, while working as a counterintelligence officer in the former Soviet Union.

"I came to Delmar ... to put roots down, to raise a family and live a normal middle-class American life," Ritter told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution in 2002.

A press conference on the matter to be held by the Barrett Township Police Department is scheduled for 4 p.m. Thursday. Monroe County Assistant District Attorney Michael Rakaczewski will prosecute the case.

A press release issued in November by the Barrett Township police noted that the incident wasn't the first time Ritter had been arrested on similar charges, but that he had not been formally charged.

Ritter was reportedly charged in a June 2001 sex sting in New York, but the case was dismissed. He had been charged with attempted child endangerment after arranging to meet a person he thought was a 16-year-old girl at a fast-food restaurant. The girl was actually an undercover police officer.

The New York Post reported Ritter was caught in a similar case in April 2001 involving a 14-year-old girl, but he was never charged.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Scott Ritter the sex criminal
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 06:23:00 AM »
Ritter then allegedly told the "girl" that he fantasized about having sex with her, to which the officer replied, "guess u turned it off [no problem]."

Ritter then asked the girl if she "want[ed] to see it finish" before reactivating his Web camera and ejaculating, the affidavit read.

________________________ ________________________ ___

Imagine being the officer having to role play and watch that?

WTF?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
What a fall!  Mr. Ritter had a lot of credibility... for a while.  :-[

Scott Ritter’s Other War
By MATT BAI

On a February afternoon in 2009, Ryan Venneman, one of only five full-time police officers in tiny Barrett Township, Pa., decided to spend some time hunting for sexual predators online. Venneman entered a Yahoo chat room, where the minimum legal age is supposed be 18, and passed himself off as a teenager named Emily. Before long, he was contacted by a man who said he was 44 and called himself delmarm4fun — a reference to Delmar, N.Y., an Albany suburb about three hours from where Venneman was sitting in the Poconos.

“Age?” delmarm4fun asked.

“15.”

“Aha,” came the response. “New York or Pa.?”

A graphic flirtation ensued. At one point, delmarm4fun asked “Emily” again if she was 18.

“No, I’m 15,” Venneman replied.

“Aha,” delmarm4fun said again. “My bad.”

“What’s wrong?” Venneman asked.

“Didn’t realize you were 15. . . .”

“So why u don’t like me,” Venneman typed, mimicking an adolescent’s mangled syntax.

“I do, very much. LOL. Just don’t want any trouble.”

After about an hour of this, according to logs later presented in court, the man Venneman was talking to masturbated in front of a webcam and announced he was off to take a shower.

“U know ur in a lot of trouble, don’t you,” Venneman typed.

“Huh?”

“I’m a undercover police officer. U need to call me A.S.A.P.”

“Nah,” delmarm4fun wrote. “Your not 15. Yahoo is for 18 and over. It’s all fantasy. No crime.”

“I have your phone number and I will be getting your IP address from Yahoo and your carrier,” Venneman wrote. “We can do this 2 ways call me and you can turn yourself in at a latter date or I’ll get a warrant for you and come pick you up.”

The perpetrator turned himself in almost immediately. Delmarm4fun, it turned out, was Scott Ritter, one of the most controversial figures in American foreign policy for the past decade and a half. It was Ritter, a former Marine major and United Nations weapons inspector in Iraq, who quit the U.N. inspection team in 1998 and railed against Saddam Hussein’s government for misleading inspectors and scamming the international community. And it was Ritter who then did an about-face and emerged, during the long period that led to the war, as the loudest and most credible skeptic of the Bush administration’s contention that Hussein was hiding weapons of mass destruction. In a bizarre moment in 2002, Ritter even made the long journey back to Baghdad to address the Iraqi Parliament as a private citizen, warning that his own country was about to make a “historical mistake” and urging the Iraqis to allow inspections to resume. For this, and for his relentless insistence that the presence of hidden W.M.D.’s was nothing but a political pretense for war, Ritter was dismissed and even mocked by much of the media establishment (including writers for this magazine and The New York Times).

As the last American troops left Iraq, it’s fair to say that the war and the debate that surrounded it produced few real heroes; rather, it served as a kind of vortex of destruction that sucked in and defiled nearly everyone associated with it. In Ritter’s case, the public vindication to which he would seem entitled — and which he has never quite received — has now been replaced by a very public disgrace, his life having slowly come undone in the years after the invasion. “It’s tragic,” Seymour Hersh, The New Yorker’s investigative reporter, said when we spoke this fall. Hersh grew close to Ritter in the late ’90s and appeared as a character witness at his trial in Pennsylvania last April. “He understands the Arab world in a way that few Westerners I know do. You have no idea how smart he is.”

Even after he was convicted on five felony counts and two misdemeanors last year, Ritter remained, as he always has, self-righteous and inclined toward seeing conspiracies. “I’m not humiliated,” he told me recently, when I suggested he should be. “It’s nobody else’s business. And anybody who seeks to make it their business, they should be humiliated. They should be ashamed. They should be embarrassed. What I did or what I didn’t do is nobody’s business but my own and my wife’s. And the fact that this had been dragged out into the public eye the way it has speaks volumes about our society.”

Those who came to Ritter’s defense around Iraq always argued that he was a courageous and patriotic American, unjustly defamed by opponents, while his critics portrayed him as unreliable and attention-starved — an “unstable” character, as Richard Perle, one of the administration’s war planners, once described him. The confounding thing about a figure as self-defeating and polarizing as Scott Ritter is that, with enough time, supporters and critics alike can come to feel they’ve been proved right...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/26/magazine/scott-ritter.html?_r=1&hp

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Peter from Bell port
Everyone is missing the point. The actionable word here is he "thought" that she may be under eighteen. If I "thought" of robbing a bank, or "thought" of pulling up a woman's dress, am I committing a crime? Thinking anything, even if it's perverse or illegal, should be above prosecution.
The other thing is that even though the cop said he was underage, the policy of the site is eighteen and over, so isn't there a presumption of legality even if the cop, (who was lying) said he was under eighteen? Get another lawyer!

donriver from Toronto
Ritter must have a very bad lawyer. The police officer must have first declared (to Yahoo) that he (she) is over 18 to get into that room. After making one false declaration, the second declaration that he (she) is 15 can be presumed false also. So what's the crime to chat with some one who only pretended to be 18? Are we not allow to engage in fantasy any more? If America is to turn into this kind of police state, we might as well move to China. At least there are jobs there.

Clotario in NYC
Seriously, unless we are willing to go down the road of thoughtcrime there was no crime here.

Something about this case rubs me the wrong way; I think Peter from Bellport sums it up.  Why is it a crime to JO in your own home… in front of your own computer/webcam?  Ritter was in a chat room where the age of entry is 18 and engaging in, as he says, fantasy.  He never went to meet the person (real or fake) on the end of the webcam… yet he was prosecuted and sent to jail? ???

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Peter from Bell port
Everyone is missing the point. The actionable word here is he "thought" that she may be under eighteen. If I "thought" of robbing a bank, or "thought" of pulling up a woman's dress, am I committing a crime? Thinking anything, even if it's perverse or illegal, should be above prosecution.

The other thing is that even though the cop said he was underage, the policy of the site is eighteen and over, so isn't there a presumption of legality even if the cop, (who was lying) said he was under eighteen? Get another lawyer!

donriver from Toronto
Ritter must have a very bad lawyer. The police officer must have first declared (to Yahoo) that he (she) is over 18 to get into that room. After making one false declaration, the second declaration that he (she) is 15 can be presumed false also. So what's the crime to chat with some one who only pretended to be 18? Are we not allow to engage in fantasy any more? If America is to turn into this kind of police state, we might as well move to China. At least there are jobs there.

Something about this case rubs me the wrong way; I think Peter from Bellport sums it up.  Why is it a crime to JO in your own home… in front of your own computer/webcam?  Ritter was in a chat room where the age of entry is 18 and engaging in, as he says, fantasy.  He never went to meet the person (real or fake) on the end of the webcam… yet he was prosecuted and sent to jail? ???
Agreed. Just seems... off.
I have a friend who's brother went to prison for 2 years over statutory rape, the girl was a policemans daughter he brought home from a bar; apparently she has 3 other Statutories in her record.
The girl goes to bars with a fake ID, takes a guy home, and if the dude stops fucking her or does something she doesnt like, she tells the dad and the dad takes them to court, she's put 4 men in jail.

It just seems so wrong that these men are being held accountable when its the woman who is falsifying her age, hanging out in 21 and older establishments, and still its the MANS fault that they were under 18? (not like they could ID her, she has a fake that gets her into bars!!!)

4 lives ruined, and yet every time she walks with not even a slap on the wrist.
At what point should the dad realize his daughter is a fucking whore?
At what point should the judge say, look dude, this isnt the mens fault, has some fucking responsibility as a parent.

The biggest question for me, why is the bitch allowed to use "I met him in a bar" in court and NOT get charged being in a bar under 21? Why is she not held accountable? I realize her dad is a cop, but fuck man, 4 lives ruined and the bitch is still probably out there doing the same shit.

Fucked up the way some of these sex laws are now days.

Those 4 men are now REGISTERED SEX OFFENDERS - they have to go around the neighborhood and introduce themselves in the same catagory as rapists and pedophiles. All for banging a chick they picked up in a BAR, with an ID stating she was over 21.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
He may have been a Repuke, but then became a hero of DU, so I guess he is twice as bad right? 

Either way, there is no excuse for this. 

i dont care what his political party is.  he's a perv, prosecute him, end of story.

keep it legal fellahs

BayGBM

• Getbig V
i dont care what his political party is.  he's a perv, prosecute him, end of story.

keep it legal fellahs

Why is it a crime to JO in your own home… in front of your own computer/webcam?  He never went to meet the other party (whatever their age) in person and he was chatting in a room where the age of entry is 18.  So what crime has he committed?  ???

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Why is it a crime to JO in your own home… in front of your own computer/webcam?  He never went to meet the other party (whatever their age) in person and he was chatting in a room where the age of entry is 18.  So what crime has he committed?  ???

Hes committed the crime of fantasizing. Clearly, since he fantasized about having sex with a young girl, that is the same as actually having sex with one.
Damn that sonofabitch, how dare he fantasize in his head without acting upon it.

/sarcasm

;D