Author Topic: Global Warming  (Read 3445 times)

slacker

• Getbig V
Global Warming
« on: January 15, 2010, 10:47:42 AM »
As someone who is sceptical about this theory I am wondering whatthe general publics opinion is on this matter.

DISCUSS
I

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
Re: Global Warming
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 10:49:22 AM »
as i look outside and see the snow and icicles, i'm inclined to believe it's a huge crock of shit.
Deep Tissue Massage

saopl

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 10:51:03 AM »
as i look outside and see the snow and icicles, i'm inclined to believe it's a huge crock of shit.

???

DITTO.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 10:52:21 AM »
I mean how the fuck can a few degrees change the world.   I see it as a crock to scare the public. Its a money machine for some
I

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 10:54:07 AM »
We've had a lot of debates on this in the political section.  There is a real debate still occuring among scientists and climatologists as if man made CO2 is directly causing global warming (and if our detection methods of climate patterns are truely accurate).  The data does not all agree although more does point to a slow warming trend over time (with fluctuations mainly from the sun).  Unfortunately, this subject has been highly politicized and groups doing research funded by global warming advocates.  Even worse is that some of the data was thrown out because it didn't fit the model.
Al Gore was fine when he was bringing attention to the topic but then went radical.

It's wonderful to preserve our environment, we must, but global warming is certainly not the immediate crisis some have made it out to be.  It became almost cult-like.  More scientists have come forward to question the conclusions of some of the main researchers.  The hockey-stick model (which shows significant warming in the last century) is under a lot of scrutiny.

In fact, the last 15yrs of data shows a cooling period.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 10:54:43 AM »
I mean how the fuck can a few degrees change the world.   I see it as a crock to scare the public. Its a money machine for some

I'm glad you were able to invalidate studies done by countless PHDs over decades with your vast knowledge. 

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 11:00:28 AM »
it's just the latest scare for this generation. when i was a kid, it was all about the disapearing rain forrest. then it was global cooling and the threat of a new ice age. then it was holes in the ozone layer. and now it's global warmin aka climate change. im wonder what'll be next for them to 'scare' us with?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 11:02:26 AM »
A few degrees could certainly change the world (because of the ocean waters and costal regions).  The interesting thing is that the ice caps and icy regions go through a period of melting and re-freezing.
In the early 1920s scientists identified a large amount of melting and were raising concerns, then the areas re-froze.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 11:03:40 AM »
mon, though the majority believe there is a warming trend over time there is more debate than ever about the hockey-stick model made popular by Gore.

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 11:05:37 AM »
Al Gore certainly is enjoying the money he's making off of it

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 11:08:18 AM »
As someone who is sceptical about this theory I am wondering whatthe general publics opinion is on this matter.

DISCUSS

Geez, how many times can we discuss how much AlGore is a f-ing idiot? Not enough in my opinion!

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 11:16:33 AM »
it's just the latest scare for this generation. when i was a kid, it was all about the disapearing rain forrest. then it was global cooling and the threat of a new ice age. then it was holes in the ozone layer. and now it's global warmin aka climate change. im wonder what'll be next for them to 'scare' us with?
The whole 2012 deal where tunnels are being built for the rich for the end of times or whatever.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 11:21:06 AM »
I was just in Alaska and it would be a shame if some of the glaciers melted. for the beauty but also the wildlife.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 11:23:24 AM »
I tend to believe in credible scientists rather than what some meathead on getbig has to say on the matter. That's all I have to say about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 11:31:52 AM »
Good point Maxx...but it also depends if the scientist(s) are some of the ones specifically picked by the pushers of this.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 11:55:29 AM »
Good point Maxx...but it also depends if the scientist(s) are some of the ones specifically picked by the pushers of this.
::)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 12:02:27 PM »
We should let the scientists debate and keep the politics out of it.  When you hear the history of the "global warming consensus", many scientists were forced out because they didn't agree with the prevailing theory.  More scientists than ever came out this past year to question man made CO2 causing global warming, at least saying there is conflicting data that was purposely not included in the research summaries.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 12:50:47 PM »

exactly

it's on tv so it must be true... ::)
tank u jesus

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 01:08:52 PM »
I was just in Alaska and it would be a shame if some of the glaciers melted. for the beauty but also the wildlife.
I went to school in Alaska, and my university Geology professor said global warming is a crock of shit.  Actually he just said it is not man mad just the earth's natural cycle as evidenced by the geological records.  So I tend to believe him over Al Gore. 

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 01:50:12 PM »
Al Gore certainly is enjoying the money he's making off of it
yup 50k a speach that asshole is getting

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 01:52:58 PM »
obama should let the scientists debate and keep the politics out of it.
fixed.
but he won't cuz it's an easy money grab.
smog is the problem but we got other stuff that needs attention first.
attention without obama being involved first.
fixed

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 02:06:54 PM »
I'm glad you were able to invalidate studies done by countless PHDs over decades with your vast knowledge. 
Thats the point If someone with no background in this area can make a valid argument against these so called experts. This points to a weak theory
I

Dr. Fist

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 02:08:49 PM »
Global warning is one of your least concerns when the leader of the norteños has ordered someone to shank you without knowing it, luckely I was a little bit faster than him.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 02:10:43 PM »
I went to school in Alaska, and my university Geology professor said global warming is a crock of shit.  Actually he just said it is not man mad just the earth's natural cycle as evidenced by the geological records.  So I tend to believe him over Al Gore. 
Exactly the man lives and breathes the air in question.   I tend to believe this is a scare tactic.
I

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 02:11:33 PM »
Global warning is one of your least concerns when the leader of the norteños has ordered someone to shank you without knowing it, luckely I was a little bit faster than him.

I'm beginning to enjoy your posts ;D