Author Topic: Thoughts regarding latest events - Discussion  (Read 33103 times)

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
Re: Thoughts regarding latest events - Discussion
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2010, 02:22:00 AM »
X2 Sev
I understand Ron too

Many people shit here and it reflects bad on the very industry this board supports

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2010, 04:52:53 AM »
Very disappointed by this thread.  I don't blame Ron (he's obviously being strong-armed), but I do blame many of you vag's that are chiming in supporting the censorship and limitations he is being forced into.

The board NEEDS to stay the same.  We need a place to "keep it real".  We need a place to where stories about Vegas hotels can be shared, where physique wreckers (i.e., Palumbo) are exposed, corruption, investigations, scandals, etc...can be talked about.

Can't blame Ron for giving in.  He's got lots of fitness p*ssy to crush at these shows and what not. If I were in his position, I wouldn't be sacrificing my access either.  

Best solution = Ron creates a new forum with a positive tone, and sells G&O as it currently exists (same member database carries over) to Ed, Block, or others interested in a "real" forum.  Has this proposal been considered?

best solution: 

Ron's property..Ron's rules.  don't like the standards he expects?  go to the Matt C or Alex 23 sites OR continue to post the same redundant shit here and DON'T be disappointed if your comments get edited.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2010, 05:32:01 AM »
Dude - I am Republican. I am taking a 'dont come into my house, shit on the floor, and claim it is ok'.  Come into my house and talk about bodybuilding and more.

well at least you r a republican....if u were a bloody liberal i'd personally do my best to end getbig.. :D

getbig ws ALWAYS like this Ron..ALWAYS....you've just changed your attitude in tolerance for one reason or another...you CANT do that ron...you CANNOT change the rules midgame...

and srry ron...you might be the creator/owner of the board...but your house it is NOT....you seem not to realize that. You do not build a building...call it a public structure...allow people access to it for years...and then start whining about it being your house if things dont go your way... :-\
it comes across too much like " my toys my rules" and people will just up n leave :-\

the r safe havens even on getbig...the girl board and the positive board...
the rest is fine as it is....k the dog farted and stunk up the room....i must vacate immediately  :-X
carpe` vaginum!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2010, 05:35:26 AM »
well at least you r a republican....if u were a bloody liberal i'd personally do my best to end getbig.. :D

getbig ws ALWAYS like this Ron..ALWAYS....you've just changed your attitude in tolerance for one reason or another...you CANT do that ron...you CANNOT change the rules midgame...

and srry ron...you might be the creator/owner of the board...but your house it is NOT....you seem not to realize that. You do not build a building...call it a public structure...allow people access to it for years...and then start whining about it being your house if things dont go your way... :-\
it comes across too much like " my toys my rules" and people will just up n leave :-\

the r safe havens even on getbig...the girl board and the positive board...
the rest is fine as it is....k the dog farted and stunk up the room....i must vacate immediately  :-X
I remember as a kid spoiled kids saying "I'm taking my toys and going home"

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2010, 05:50:51 AM »
I remember as a kid spoiled kids saying "I'm taking my toys and going home"

equivalent of whats rons trying to do....   :-\
carpe` vaginum!

hmontaq

• Getbig II
« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2010, 05:51:25 AM »
Where was this train of thought 10 years ago?
Getbig =Reality Show

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2010, 05:53:34 AM »
Where was this train of thought 10 years ago?
tom prince posted here annd we were all laughing actually

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2010, 05:54:16 AM »
tom prince posted here annd we were all laughing actually
Why was that bell?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2010, 05:59:33 AM »
Why was that bell?
the epicaricacy of real life situations in general

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2010, 06:01:18 AM »
All the other BB'ing boards on the net are moderated beyond belief and too fucking vanilla these days. Steroidology used to be similar to Get Big but is deader than Britanny Murphy these days. Get Big is the only place I know of that still lets people speak their mind.

Sure people rip on anything and everything, but it's only the G & O and a couple other boards. Get Big has other boards for people who don't want to read the awesome craziness of this board.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2010, 06:18:50 AM »
Since Ron is reading this thread, can he give Melvin Goodrum and myself our Blue Stars for competing? How about applying the rules here to everyone?

Getting tarred and feathered on Getbig is a hoot.....as long as it happens to the others. I find it rather sad that some have libeled me by referring to some white van and such nonsense. This is the kind of crap that shouldn't be allowed on any discussion board. The moderators allow this shit and then Ron wonders why he has problems.

From my point of view, the Blockhead story was amusing. I had to wonder why the guy in the story never touched the two gals he was close to. :)

As far as debating Bob Chick, appointed pro athletes rep, well, he gives better than he gets. Nuff said.

Basile, don't try to play innocent.  I saw what you wrote over at BBpro and quite frankly I was amused at the fact that you actually thought they had some respect for you but you learned the very hard way.

As far as the blue stars are concerned, I honestly don't know why some people have them and some people don't.  Leafy Bug's got them, Derek Anthony doesn't, but Billy Guns has them etc.  Even Blockhead was given blue stars. Its a selective progress and I don't know how Ron decides but even if I had them, it isn't like my credit score would go up or something and it certainly would not garnish me anymore respect than what I usually get which is a barrage of trolls who are obsessed with me.

But I compete to win the show and get that pro card, not to impress Ron.  And each year, I get a bit closer and closer to doing that.  And if you think I'm still getting blown out of the water, think again.  Its only a matter of time before I start breaking into the pack.
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2010, 06:23:38 AM »
Vince are you going for the Pro card this year?

Colossus3

• Getbig II
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2010, 06:25:34 AM »
BlockHead was BANNED??!!!! The only reason i came to this board for the past 10 years was because of people like blockhead!!!! All the other bodybuilding boards are copy cat of each other, they are boring. I live bodybuilding every day!!! GetBig was/is great escape from that reality. It made me laugh when I was down.  Kind of like why people who see movies, to escape reality!!!

Ron make no mistake about it the only reason your board became popular was because of people like blockhead, because of the shit talkers. Most of the time we don't like that but thats what makes it entertaining. NO PUBLICITY IS BAD PUBLICITY!!

Ron everyone damn knows that if you want bodybuilding news you don't go to GETBIG
At the same time everyone knows if you want some good laughs and if you want to escape from reality then GETBIG IS THE PLACE FOR YOU TO GO!! That's not what you wanted to create but thats what happened and thats what made getbig.  by you shutting that down you might as well shut down get big because then it will be no different then other bodybuilding sites.

Getbig is kind of like Wii in video game world. Nintendo went different route then Sony and MS and it payed off big time. Same thing with getbig. Getbig is different then other sites and it paid off.

If you look at my past posts I'm the first one to stand up for bodybuilding against some guys that clearly don't like bodybuilding. At the same time there is a good balance on this board of guys that love bodybuilding and the once that don't. The only difference is that some guys that love bodybuilding say total truth about it instead of hiding it and pretend that everything is ok.

Through out history if no one ever stood up to corrupt people in charge then nothing would ever get changed.

Thing about getbig is that no matter how big you are no matter how rich you are YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MADE FUN OFF!!! Because this site is nothing more then for entertainment purposes only!! I knew that when i started posting here. When i was made fun of in stead of fighthing with the losers i laughed with them!  The sooner the Pro's realize that this is all just for fun and its nothing personal the better.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2010, 06:26:23 AM »
I didn't think so many pussies did not like getbig.

The 'regulars' are not in support of censorship one bit.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2010, 06:29:21 AM »
As far as Ron's comments are concerned, he's 120% right.  This is a bodybuilding forum and its to promote the status of bodybuilding not to tear it down.  Blockhead and Ed were posting about Jim Manion stealing money and running a pyramid scheme and that simply wasn't true and its not free speech, its just libel and slander....period.

I love bodybuilding and I love competing but lately a lot of you folks have been posting complete nonsense about Bob and the Mirage Hotel, conspiracy theories, and other sorts of garbage that simply doesn't make any sence.  

There's nothing wrong with discussing issues and debating about real stuff but when you're throwing crap out of thin air with no proof like Block and Ed were doing, it has no place whatsoever.  If Blockhead thinks bodybuilding is this way, he should not have competed last year and needs to leave the sport of bodybuilding and turn in his NPC card.

I like debating up here but slander and libel is a different story.  Everyone should keep it real around here.
A

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2010, 06:30:06 AM »
It's Ron's call of course but he should be aware of the fact that there is exactly one reason why this board is still alive: brutal honesty.
It just can't compete with any of the other boards based on anything else than that.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2010, 06:30:58 AM »
Why is Block banned he was a solid poster around here.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2010, 06:31:17 AM »
Vince are you going for the Pro card this year?

Yes, an NGA pro card.  I may compete in the NPC NC State Championships as well.  I have more time to eat and train properly than I used to so I will be doing more shows yearly.
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2010, 06:32:28 AM »
Yes, an NGA pro card.  I may compete in the NPC NC State Championships as well.  I have more time to eat and train properly than I used to so I will be doing more shows yearly.
what happened to the Atlanta Falcon's job?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2010, 06:36:15 AM »
what happened to the Atlanta Falcon's job?

I did security work for the Atlanta Falcons Training Camp a few years ago when they were running it at Furman University.  It wasn't a permanent job  ::)
A

Colossus3

• Getbig II
« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2010, 06:37:48 AM »
Vince G, CSN MFT --- Nothing on this board can be taken as slander!!!! Thats like wanting to sue mentally challenged kid for slander. majority of people on this board know that most of the stuff is nothing more but bs for entertainment purposes.

Besdies what i see now is no different then what I saw in the past 10 years on this board.

Mark my words this place will be ghost town if the FOUNDATION ON WHAT THIS BOARD WHAT FOUNDED ON WILL BE REMOVED!!

I'll say it again. This site became popular because it was different. difference is NO HOLDING BACK TRUTH/SHIT TALKING/MAKING FUN/POSTING WHATEVER.  You take that away and you have copy cat of every other bodybuilding site out there. Lot of people don't like boring everyday bodybuilding sites that out there and thats why the come to getbig everyday and thats why getbig became popular!!!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2010, 06:39:05 AM »
Vince G, CSN MFT --- Nothing on this board can be taken as slander!!!! Thats like wanting to sue mentally challenged kid for slander.  Majority of people on this board know that most of the stuff is nothing more but bs for entertainment purposes.

Besdies what i see now is no different then what I saw in the past 10 years on this board.

Mark my words this place will be ghost town if the FOUNDATION ON WHAT THIS BOARD WHAT FOUNDED ON WILL BE REMOVED!!

I'll say it again. This site became popular because it was different.  Difference is NO HOLDING BACK TRUTH/SHIT TALKING/MAKING FUN/POSTING WHATEVER.  You take that away and you have copy cat of every other bodybuilding site out there. Lot of people dont like boring everyday bodybuilding sites that out there and thats why the come to getbig everyday and thats why getbig became popular!!!
Agreed however with 169 posts thats a low count for 10 yrs

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2010, 06:43:00 AM »
Best site on the web bar none for entertainment.  Glad I was there when the wheel went 'round with the lols.

And it's 'garner' Vince, you ignorant putz.

Colossus3

• Getbig II
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2010, 06:45:59 AM »
Vince G, CSN MFT -- I just started posting in 2009 but I came to this board everyday to read for the LOL"s for the past 10 years.

Colossus3

• Getbig II
« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2010, 06:54:32 AM »
Getting mad for being made fun of on getbig is like getting mad for being made fun of on SNL or MadTV. Pro's and People in charge should know this and should laugh with the board instead of against it. 

98 PERCENT OF STUFF ON HERE IS BS/ENTERTAINMENT and the other 2 percent in stead of fighting against it the pro's and people in charge should just say "shit happens" and move on.  BUT MORE YOU FIGHT AGAINST IT THE MORE FUEL YOU GIVE FOR THE SHIT TO GO ON.

I know a lot about chicago bodybuilding scene. Everything that blockhead said was the truth. lol i even know most of those people he was talking about. I dont get mad, i laugh with him. Because its the truth and truth is IF WE PUT ANY PERSON ON THIS PLANET UNDER THE MICROSCOPE WE CAN FIND SOMETHING TO MAKE FUN OF!! ONCE AGAIN THATS WHAT THIS BOARD IS ALL ABOUT!