Author Topic: Thoughts regarding latest events - Discussion  (Read 33096 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: Thoughts regarding latest events - Discussion
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2010, 09:04:58 PM »

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2010, 09:08:14 PM »
I used to compete when I was younger and wanted try it again. I have nothing against bodybuilding just present day bodybuilding. When I competed last, I enjoyed it. I might...just might try it again (if my wife will let me).

you're still married?

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2010, 09:14:34 PM »
Some of you think that it is ok to come here and bash the very sport that this board is built on.  That is ok to degrade the NPC, the people in it, the IFBB and any other bodybuilding, fitness and figure organization.  That is ok to call people whatever you want, to just make fun of people, and to bully around.

Well, it is not, and lately, I am getting tired of it.  I started Getbig to enjoy the sport, to learn about the people in the sport and the industry. amd to go to a place where  the latest news, happenings and stories are there.   I didn't come here to start deleting threads every day by people who just don't care anymore, that prefer to bash everything in site.

Lets talk about the NPC.  The NPC is a thriving organization, which caters to bodybuilders, fitness, figure and now bikini. I am thrilled with this latest addition - that is bikini. For a photographer, this is great.  Bodybuilding has stagnated, but it is still doing well, especially in the local levels.  Like it or not, the NPC is the organization that I chose to take pictures with, and the IFBB is the pro division.  I enjoy it.

Some of you clearly do not. Some of you just come here to seriously ridicule it and anything about it.  It isnt fun for me anymore when you do that.  I don't mind the banter, the debates, and many other aspects of it, but when you start calling the very places that I go to names just to get a high, it isnt welcome here.

So yes, if you come here to ridicule the very organizations and the people who actually promote it, and put their money down in it, I don't want it here.  If you come here because you enjoy bodybuilding, that it is a different story.

I really don't need you here - remember, I am not here to make 'numbers' or 'make money' of the site.  I do very well in what I do.  I want to come here to enjoy, to banter, to be entertained - not get dismayed or disgusted.  

When some of my very close friends in our industry don't feel like coming here because the ones who don't care about bodybuilding keep bullying around, I am concered.

As clearly indicated by the Time Out Board, you can go somewhere else.  Then maybe I can come here, and just go back to enjoy the entertainment and more instead of the outright crap that some of you spew out just to hurt others.

I rate this thread F-, dear Ron.

mikediesel

• Getbig III
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2010, 09:26:12 PM »
Etbig just jumped the shark

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2010, 09:27:01 PM »
Man, where to start with this.............

lot's of opinions and most of them I agree with.

BUT!!! You cocksuckers whining about the negativity need to STFU!! There is a Positive Board that is heavily moderated open for discussion and none of you post there, so quit your whining and try backing up what you claim you want, a Positive Board.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2010, 09:34:55 PM »
Everything in "moderation"

That is all it will take.

There is a big difference between what people type here with their guise of anonymity and how they conduct themselves at the very shows and events you speak of. Any Pro that is afraid to be here probably shouldnt be here. This board is for people with internet savvy who have become jaded about many things over the years. This board is more of an 'anything goes' type of setting. For every negative you encounter, there are positives to balance it out.

This is why the "friendlier" forums are so un-popular.

It's the adrenaline and lack of censorship that people thrive on. The bad attitudes that come out don't depict reality for these folks.

Resolution: Moderate what needs moderation. Eliminate what shouldn't be here. Allow freedom of speech and then make the decision as to whether or not it 'crosses the line'

If you shut G and O down, the whole board will go away. Unfortunate but true.

If you are saying that you are getting ready to "throw in the towel".. just do it and be done with it. People learn to deal with change as they do with adversity.

Anyone who is offended by what they read here shouldn't be here anyway. If they can't handle the responses to their posts, they shouldnt be posting here.

It's that simple.

Unfortunately, in this day, people are attracted to controversy, negativity and entertainment. Somehow they go hand-in-hand.

How does the song go? "Nice guys get washed away like the rain and the snow..."

Jadethegladiator

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2010, 09:36:19 PM »
people trying to pimp shit like a "boyfriends new band" is just asking for it.

Nothing personal, but there is no rule here that says we can't flame anyone for anything.

how boring would a thrwead be if we all said how awesome everyone and everything is. Flaming is good.

Web,
Hello, this is the G/O thread.  Yep, I was pimping my guy's band....who the f**k cares?  

Just thinking, if you can take the time out of your busy schedule, take a look at all of the other b/s that is being posted. :)

Jade

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2010, 09:38:26 PM »
Since Ron is reading this thread, can he give Melvin Goodrum and myself our Blue Stars for competing? How about applying the rules here to everyone?

Getting tarred and feathered on Getbig is a hoot.....as long as it happens to the others. I find it rather sad that some have libeled me by referring to some white van and such nonsense. This is the kind of crap that shouldn't be allowed on any discussion board. The moderators allow this shit and then Ron wonders why he has problems.

From my point of view, the Blockhead story was amusing. I had to wonder why the guy in the story never touched the two gals he was close to. :)

As far as debating Bob Chick, appointed pro athletes rep, well, he gives better than he gets. Nuff said.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2010, 09:39:45 PM »
Web,
Hello, this is the G/O thread.  Yep, I was pimping my guy's band....who the f**k cares?  

Just thinking, if you can take the time out of your busy schedule, take a look at all of the other b/s that is being posted. :)

Jade
Hi Jade. :-*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2010, 09:41:12 PM »
I agree that the gimmicks got to go...it grants all these trolls total anomiminity.(sp?) they can do and say whetever they want and have no repercussions. That just isnt fair to the public figures that come to this board to post. It becomes nothing more than a juvenile hate-fest. If this board is going in the toilet, I think that is the reason why.

It should be like the other boards in terms of having only one account & screen name, if at all possible, so they can be held somewhat more accountable for things they say. If they cant follow the basic rules & ettiquete, then there should be a way to ban them totally. Having said that, I come to this board because it is 'real' and uncensored for the most part. Sometimes you have to wade thru miles of bullshit to get to the end of the rainbow, that is the appeal of Getbig. As long as it is TRUTHFUL and not outright slanderous, I think whatever is said here should be fair game.

Again, hold each poster accountable for their words. No more anonymous gimmicks. I think doing that alone will cause many to rethink spewing whatever garbage happens to pop into their brain at that moment.

I always enjoy reading Special Ed and Blockheads posts.. I enjoy the satire and their dark humor. I dont speak to them or know them personally, but they are the more intelligent and entertaining posters on this board. Rarely have I seen them name names... I just think the things they say might hit a nerve for some, thats all.

I agree. Who are all these people? Why should they be allowed to say anything they want? There is no accountability for the majority who post here.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2010, 09:45:07 PM »
I agree. Who are all these people? Why should they be allowed to say anything they want? There is no accountability for the majority who post here.
You want accountability, start your own board, until then, you are a guest and will follow the guidelines set forth by the ruling party.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2010, 09:51:05 PM »
Man, where to start with this.............

lot's of opinions and most of them I agree with.

BUT!!! You cocksuckers whining about the negativity need to STFU!! There is a Positive Board that is heavily moderated open for discussion and none of you post there, so quit your whining and try backing up what you claim you want, a Positive Board.

Xs 2

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2010, 10:14:55 PM »
Ron, I wish you responded to racism on this board the way you do this...I've sent countless report to moderators and 90% of them get ignored...That's why I gave up and now fight the good fight and spew racist sludge like everyone else about everyone except Jews of course...

When I get a report to moderator, I respond to racist posts. But again, debates is different than outright racism.

Ron it's your board and obviously you can run it how you want but it's bullshit to change the rules halfway through the game because some of the power brokers don't like the truth getting out. Bodybuilding needs at least one board that isn't controlled by politics and fantasy.

Debates and discussions are fine. Pure attacks just to troll or get a rise out of me is getting old.

but is there no place to discuss legitimate concerns or gripes against those in power? thread after thread that don't contain any personal attacks get deleted.

Discussion - there is always a place. But the trolls do not discuss, they attack.  Debates are fun.

ron is taking a very ex republican (now obamasque) view of things... if u dont agree with us...you hate Amreeka/bodybuilding

Dude - I am Republican. I am taking a 'dont come into my house, shit on the floor, and claim it is ok'.  Come into my house and talk about bodybuilding and more.

If you don't care about people leaving the forum why did you block the links to Matt C and Alex23's forums?

Of course I care about people, it is the people who have not posted because of the trolls.  I block links to many boards that spam the site. And will continue to do that, because I dont care about other site who cut and paste threads that are there to get a rise out of me.

Now it is more full of trolls who don't even like the sport and just try to bash in a vain attempt try to gain internet "fame".

Bingo - that is the majority of PM's that I get.

Block and I are friends and I think even he would admit his posts lately have been to get a rise out of Ron.

Correct - to the point where I get irked enough that it isnt worth the negativity and attacks on every post.

Just an example: I try to promote my new man & his band in the G/O section & he gets ripped to shreds. What's the point on tearing someone down.....does it make one feel better? I agree that the gimmicks got to go...it grants all these trolls total anomiminity.(sp?) they can do and say whetever they want and have no repercussions.

By a few trolls. With no repercussions. What do they care? Do they even care about the industry, bodybuilding or anything around it. When someone has 15+ negative posts in a row, there is a problem.

Not much will change, in truth, as I normally enjoy everything, but am tired of some of the pure hatred and attacks. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2010, 10:39:13 PM »

We're all test and tren junkies here. 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2010, 10:42:07 PM »
I agree that women are treated objectionably here by the anonymous flotsam. I guess it shows how frustrated most guys are to be that nasty to women.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2010, 10:44:32 PM »
not me, i'm just an asshole in real life.
No doubt about it...

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2010, 10:46:26 PM »
Ok Ron, that's just fine! So you should establish some limits, DO IT! Don't bitch around, just do it! Half of this fuckers here on getbig are tiny tits! Are they getting under your skin? So fuck the, what are you waiting for? Most of this losers that diss on whatever is written here are the first ones to fuck off if they were challeged personally by any means! Atittude is what is needed! And Chick you need to be thouger on this fuckers! And to end my statement... fuck muslims... Never surrender until the fat lady sings!
S

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2010, 10:47:46 PM »
Yeah, and fix the quoting problem while your at it.  ::)
No doubt about it...

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2010, 11:21:22 PM »
Ron I think it would be a good idea to lay out specifically what types of threads/posts you don't want to see anymore.  Even after reading this whole thread I'm really not sure.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2010, 11:58:07 PM »
Ron I think it would be a good idea to lay out specifically what types of threads/posts you don't want to see anymore.  Even after reading this whole thread I'm really not sure.

that is a set up if I ever heard of one. I dont think he has to lay out anything. He will just delete any posts he thinks is attacking his bread and butter. He said dont shit where you eat, gabish?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2010, 12:23:27 AM »
Ok Ron, that's just fine! So you should establish some limits, DO IT! Don't bitch around, just do it! Half of this fuckers here on getbig are tiny tits! Are they getting under your skin? So fuck the, what are you waiting for? Most of this losers that diss on whatever is written here are the first ones to fuck off if they were challeged personally by any means! Atittude is what is needed! And Chick you need to be thouger on this fuckers! And to end my statement... fuck muslims... Never surrender until the fat lady sings!
???

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2010, 02:05:59 AM »
So Beefyheavyweight was allowed to post things bringing down bodybuilding over and over of which many weren't even true but Blockhead posts a few things of which are either meant to be fiction, or true and BANG gets banned.

Apparantly there is no more gossip allowed on the 'Gossip & Opinions' board.

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2010, 02:12:48 AM »
Very disappointed by this thread.  I don't blame Ron (he's obviously being strong-armed), but I do blame many of you vag's that are chiming in supporting the censorship and limitations he is being forced into.

The board NEEDS to stay the same.  We need a place to "keep it real".  We need a place to where stories about Vegas hotels can be shared, where physique wreckers (i.e., Palumbo) are exposed, corruption, investigations, scandals, etc...can be talked about.

Can't blame Ron for giving in.  He's got lots of fitness p*ssy to crush at these shows and what not. If I were in his position, I wouldn't be sacrificing my access either.  

Best solution = Ron creates a new forum with a positive tone, and sells G&O as it currently exists (same member database carries over) to Ed, Block, or others interested in a "real" forum.  Has this proposal been considered?
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2010, 02:17:57 AM »
lots of people thrive on being negative

the problem with getbig is not negativity

is the annonymous internet personalities who come here to lash out and try to get a raise out of people due to frustrations in their own lives

they stay annoymous because they would never have the balls to say what they say in real life or to put themselves out to be judged

there should be limits : like posting gore videos or pics...racism...and such

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2010, 02:19:45 AM »
lots of people thrive on being negative

the problem with getbig is not negativity

is the annonymous internet personalities who come here to lash out and try to get a raise out of people due to frustrations in their own lives

they stay annoymous because they would never have the balls to say what they say in real life or to put themselves out to be judged
X2 Sev