Author Topic: Thoughts regarding latest events - Discussion  (Read 32875 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Thoughts regarding latest events - Discussion
« on: January 15, 2010, 04:47:52 PM »
Some of you think that it is ok to come here and bash the very sport that this board is built on.  That is ok to degrade the NPC, the people in it, the IFBB and any other bodybuilding, fitness and figure organization.  That is ok to call people whatever you want, to just make fun of people, and to bully around.

Well, it is not, and lately, I am getting tired of it.  I started Getbig to enjoy the sport, to learn about the people in the sport and the industry. amd to go to a place where  the latest news, happenings and stories are there.   I didn't come here to start deleting threads every day by people who just don't care anymore, that prefer to bash everything in site.

Lets talk about the NPC.  The NPC is a thriving organization, which caters to bodybuilders, fitness, figure and now bikini. I am thrilled with this latest addition - that is bikini. For a photographer, this is great.  Bodybuilding has stagnated, but it is still doing well, especially in the local levels.  Like it or not, the NPC is the organization that I chose to take pictures with, and the IFBB is the pro division.  I enjoy it.

Some of you clearly do not. Some of you just come here to seriously ridicule it and anything about it.  It isnt fun for me anymore when you do that.  I don't mind the banter, the debates, and many other aspects of it, but when you start calling the very places that I go to names just to get a high, it isnt welcome here.

So yes, if you come here to ridicule the very organizations and the people who actually promote it, and put their money down in it, I don't want it here.  If you come here because you enjoy bodybuilding, that it is a different story.

I really don't need you here - remember, I am not here to make 'numbers' or 'make money' of the site.  I do very well in what I do.  I want to come here to enjoy, to banter, to be entertained - not get dismayed or disgusted.  

When some of my very close friends in our industry don't feel like coming here because the ones who don't care about bodybuilding keep bullying around, I am concered.

As clearly indicated by the Time Out Board, you can go somewhere else.  Then maybe I can come here, and just go back to enjoy the entertainment and more instead of the outright crap that some of you spew out just to hurt others.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Thoughts regarding latest events - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 04:50:52 PM »
haters will always hate, but at the end of the day we all love this sport

BODYBUILDING RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

E
E

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 04:52:15 PM »
is ok to call people whatever you want, to just make fun of people, and to bully around.

that's the whole principle getbig is built upon, you cannot forsaken us now? :'(
tank u jesus

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 04:53:11 PM »
Good points, Ronaldo. I think, tho, that Ed and Block bring a lot more to BBing and Getbig than they take away from it. Good satire and subversion always comes from the love of its subject, and not from dislike.

TruthHurts

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 04:54:44 PM »
ron, i kinda love u. i think of you as a stern but caring older brother type. that said i think u kinda lost your love and tolerance of the crazy getbig family we all once were.

there are many places where everyone is lovely about bodybuilding. is being negative about bodybuilding any worth than stark posting mundane, unfunny boring shit all day from loser sites about people getting shot, or falling off horses ??

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 04:55:26 PM »
Where is "Team Gayer Than" when we need them?
U

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »
While I appreciate the statement, Dear Leader, perhaps you could explain to us how Block's 'Day in the Life of a BB' thread was NOT entertainment.  

It was primed to be one of the greatest threads of all-time, bar none.  

The G&O has always been THE most 'real' forum in all of bodybuilding.  That's a distinction that no other forum could even come close to and it's the very reason GetBig is the most popular site of all in bodybuilding.  

I know you're getting older and more jaded - hey, I'm going through the same myself - but once you eliminate the realness, then GetBig is no longer special and no one will have any reason to come here that they can't find elsewhere.  

I would seriously re-think your position on this.  People need to know that the guy who says he's only charging them 'his price' for gear is definitely lying to them.  

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 04:55:57 PM »
Some of you think that it is ok to come here and bash the very sport that this board is built on.  That is ok to degrade the NPC, the people in it, the IFBB and any other bodybuilding, fitness and figure organization.  That is ok to call people whatever you want, to just make fun of people, and to bully around.

Well, it is not, and lately, I am getting tired of it.  I started Getbig to enjoy the sport, to learn about the people in the sport and the industry. amd to go to a place where  the latest news, happenings and stories are there.   I didn't come here to start deleting threads every day by people who just don't care anymore, that prefer to bash everything in site.

Lets talk about the NPC.  The NPC is a thriving organization, which caters to bodybuilders, fitness, figure and now bikini. I am thrilled with this latest addition - that is bikini. For a photographer, this is great.  Bodybuilding has stagnated, but it is still doing well, especially in the local levels.  Like it or not, the NPC is the organization that I chose to take pictures with, and the IFBB is the pro division.  I enjoy it.

Some of you clearly do not. Some of you just come here to seriously ridicule it and anything about it.  It isnt fun for me anymore when you do that.  I don't mind the banter, the debates, and many other aspects of it, but when you start calling the very places that I go to names just to get a high, it isnt welcome here.

So yes, if you come here to ridicule the very organizations and the people who actually promote it, and put their money down in it, I don't want it here.  If you come here because you enjoy bodybuilding, that it is a different story.

I really don't need you here - remember, I am not here to make 'numbers' or 'make money' of the site.  I do very well in what I do.  I want to come here to enjoy, to banter, to be entertained - not get dismayed or disgusted.  

When some of my very close friends in our industry don't feel like coming here because the ones who don't care about bodybuilding keep bullying around, I am concered.

As clearly indicated by the Time Out Board, you can go somewhere else.  Then maybe I can come here, and just go back to enjoy the entertainment and more instead of the outright crap that some of you spew out just to hurt others.

I agree with you Ron

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 04:56:33 PM »
People feel the need to hate because they are insecure.  The truth is the worse pro is still better than the average poster.   I come here mostly for amusement.  I have a handful of bros that I rely on for info and support.  Im sorry so many people take advantage of your hard work Ron
I

TruthHurts

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 04:57:26 PM »

The G&O has always been THE most \\\'real\\\' forum in all of bodybuilding.  That\\\'s a distinction that no other forum could even come close to and it\\\'s the very reason GetBig is the most popular site of all in bodybuilding.  

I know you\\\'re getting older and more jaded - hey, I\\\'m going through the same myself - but once you eliminate the realness, then GetBig is no longer special and no one will have any reason to come here that they can\\\'t find elsewhere.  

srsly, i agree 100%

ya danny glover-a-like schmoe ;D

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 04:57:35 PM »
Where is "Team Gayer Than" when we need them?
Donde?
U

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 04:59:09 PM »
The only reason why this board still exists is the brutal honesty and satire. Otherwise it would have slithered into oblivion long ago. With the much better competition out there, you must know that's true Ron.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 05:02:31 PM »
I've always wondered one thing though Ron.

There is always a certain specific type of character that joins this board, Getbig.

Compare with other BB-boards and you see quite the difference between the members on those boards and here.

Getbig is a very special gatheringplace for likeminded individuals, but it's just Getbig that have these kinds of people.

How is this?
Q

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 05:03:33 PM »
personally i think this board has been going downhill for a few years now, no pros post here anymore, its all negative, and half of the ppl here dont even watch/like bb'ing, why wasnt the board modded more heavily a few years ago when it started goin down the crapper in the first place? why all of the sudden now is the board being modded heavily?

like someone said earlier i think block and ed bring alot more to this board than they take away from it.

it seems like this board is taking a new direction, and i dont like it. before it was all about free speech and ive had some of my best laughs while reading this very board, hopefully this isnt the beginning of the end of that.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 05:06:26 PM »

MELTDOWN!!!!

Now thats out of the way, how have you been my friend!  I miss our chats on IM!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 05:08:00 PM »

Appreciate the thread Ron........where was was this 10 years ago?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 05:08:49 PM »
congrat's Ron...you have just killed Getbig... ;)

bench

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 05:09:29 PM »
People feel the need to hate because they are insecure.  The truth is the worse pro is still better than the average poster.   I come here mostly for amusement.  I have a handful of bros that I rely on for info and support.  Im sorry so many people take advantage of your hard work Ron
Whats pathetic is that you chose to hate on me.  HATER!

I always figured you to be jealous of me.  At least you now confirmed it with your above post.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 05:10:16 PM »
MELTDOWN!!!!

Now thats out of the way, how have you been my friend!  I miss our chats on IM!

::)

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 05:10:50 PM »
well there is a difference between bashing and expressing the truth no matter how crude a form it comes in.

THe people that love bodybuilding and have the power to do some good need to take a long hard look at the cuture that surrounds it. It isnt all good. The craziness that surrounds it is hurtful to everyone involved with it many who are innocent and good people. 

I agree there are many members who are just here to hate and bash and are taking advantage of Ron's very tolerant good nature.  However, I dont think Ed and Block fall into that catagory. I think they really love the sport but hate the culture that surrounds it and govern it. I think ultimately they want positive change. I do think their voices should be heard.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 05:11:16 PM »
personally i think this board has been going downhill for a few years now, no pros post here anymore, its all negative

And that is the opinion of many, which I am not happy about.

that's the whole principle getbig is built upon, you cannot forsaken us now?

Entertaining yes, downright abusive and bullying to drive people away - no.

Block's 'Day in the Life of a BB' thread

Not the problem.  But posting about someones family, calling the very organization we all try to build and in our industry a scam, corrupt, and more - well - I don't need that nor want it here. BIG difference. Let Anthony Roberts twist another story.

There are limits to anything.  Try going to calling the NFL, MLB a scam or corrupt, then call the people there and talk about their wives and family. Then expect to be welcome on a football or baseball board.  
Hence that is the difference.  

We live and go to the expos, the contests, talk and actually see various competitors.  It's called 'Don't shit and piss in the place that you live - it smells too much'.  And yes, there is a difference between entertaining, banter and actually things which hurt people.

well there is a difference between bashing and expressing the truth no matter how crude a form it comes in. THe people that love bodybuilding and have the power to do some good need to take a long hard look at the cuture that surrounds it. It isnt all good. The craziness that surrounds it is hurtful to everyone involved with it many who are innocent and good people.  I agree there are many members who are just here to hate and bash and are taking advantage of Ron's very tolerant good nature.  I think ultimately they want positive change. I do think their voices should be heard.

Now that I agree with you on.  Positive change is great - debate is great - discussion is great.  Talking about someone sleeping with someone else, saying everything is corrupt, a scam, bullshit, talking lies and more.  I don't need it nor care about it. 

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 05:11:33 PM »
PIP

i'm gonna watch some porn to drown the sorrow :'(
tank u jesus

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 05:12:26 PM »
And that is the opinion of many, which I am not happy about.

Entertaining yes, downright abusive and bullying to drive people away - no.

Not the problem.  But posting about someones family, calling the very organization we all try to build and in our industry a scam, corrupt, and more - well - I don't need that nor want it here. BIG difference. Let Anthony Roberts twist another story.

There are limits to anything.  Try going to calling the NFL, MLB a scam or corrupt, then call the people there and talk about their wives and family. Then expect to be welcome on a football or baseball board.  
Hence that is the difference.  

We live and go to the expos, the contests, talk and actually see various competitors.  It's called 'Don't shit and piss in the place that you live - it smells too much'.  And yes, there is a difference between entertaining, banter and actually things which hurt people.

I agree with you Ron

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 05:13:24 PM »
::)
Whats with the eyes?

You verbally assert that bodybuilding is NOT a sport.  This runs contrary to Ron`s claims that it indeed is a sport.  Does your assessment help of hinder Ron`s proclamation?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 05:13:30 PM »
Appreciate the thread Ron........where was was this 10 years ago?
No one likes a stoolie, Coach. Be careful in the yard.