CG amazing, story OK, good entertainment

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Re: 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 09:53:51 AM »
I saw 2012 today on the bigscreen
CG amazing, story OK, good entertainment

Mother of all disaster movies.. unrealistic in some areas but epic nontheless. 

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 04:53:31 PM »
too much of a family movie

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 11:43:47 AM »
too much of a family movie

I thought so too, way too cheesy and 'perfect' happy ending for my taste,  real life isn't such a fairy tale

and I got pissed of that the russian whore lived while the father who bought the tickets for his kids died..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 03:05:06 PM »
I liked it.  Special effects were incredible.  Also has a good message:  the material things we spend so much time worrying, arguing, fretting, etc. about can be gone in an instant. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 09:29:32 PM »
I liked it.  Special effects were incredible.  Also has a good message:  the material things we spend so much time worrying, arguing, fretting, etc. about can be gone in an instant. 

I thought the message was "get rich so you can buy your way onto an arc and live while the poor people die as the world crumbles."  I loved the brief scene where they show the queen of England shuffling onto the arc with her dogs in tow.  God save the queen!  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 10:04:03 AM »
I thought the message was "get rich so you can buy your way onto an arc and live while the poor people die as the world crumbles."  I loved the brief scene where they show the queen of England shuffling onto the arc with her dogs in tow.  God save the queen!  :D

Yeah.  That too.   :)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 08:45:42 PM »
not a bad movie, but damn it was long as hell.  They could have easily shaved 30 minutes off of it.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 10:46:48 AM »
Horrible!
R

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 06:13:03 PM »

I would have placed an age restriction on those getting onto the arc , 55 and under. Nobody over 55 needs to live anyways.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 09:59:15 AM »
I would have placed an age restriction on those getting onto the arc , 55 and under. Nobody over 55 needs to live anyways.

Unless they have a billion dollars!  It was their money that built the arcs, remember?  Imagine the irony.  Poor/working class people building the arcs for money not knowing that they will soon be dead and unable to spend the money they are making.  The rich simply wrote a check and sail away to safety.  That part of the script was no fiction; I can totally see that happening in the real world.  ::)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 09:04:04 PM »
Unless they have a billion dollars!  It was their money that built the arcs, remember?  Imagine the irony.  Poor/working class people building the arcs for money not knowing that they will soon be dead and unable to spend the money they are making.  The rich simply wrote a check and sail away to safety.  That part of the script was no fiction; I can totally see that happening in the real world.  ::)

I don't see it making a difference (maybe to some hick gas station attendant) anyone with reasonable intellect realizes once civilization falls money will be good for toilet paper since it will have no monetary value other then the '20' printed on the bill, the real treasures will be as they were in the past raw resources or valuables that can be utilized (ie. petrol, knives, cutlery, flashlights, batteries, etc.)

So all in all the rich will be utterly useless, unless they have degrees in engineering, architecture, etc.

:)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 06:08:21 AM »
I don't see it making a difference (maybe to some hick gas station attendant) anyone with reasonable intellect realizes once civilization falls money will be good for toilet paper since it will have no monetary value other then the '20' printed on the bill, the real treasures will be as they were in the past raw resources or valuables that can be utilized (ie. petrol, knives, cutlery, flashlights, batteries, etc.)

So all in all the rich will be utterly useless, unless they have degrees in engineering, architecture, etc.

:)

Um, the common man didn't realize that the world was crumbling.  Only people of certain means were given access to that information which, in turn, inspired them to open their wallets in order to build the arcs.  In fact, if my memory is correct, most of the workers didn't know what they were building or why; they were simply contracted to work on a construction/engineering project.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 08:49:19 PM »
Um, the common man didn't realize that the world was crumbling.  Only people of certain means were given access to that information which, in turn, inspired them to open their wallets in order to build the arcs.  In fact, if my memory is correct, most of the workers didn't know what they were building or why; they were simply contracted to work on a construction/engineering project.

I'm talking about this happening in the real world, not a hollywood movie.. if anybody thinks money is going to matter when the end of the world comes they deserve to die for outright stupidity..like I said before paper money or zeroes in a bank account will be utterly worthless in said situation, what good is paper money if there is no monetary system in place and people are back in caveman times where everyone has to fend for themselves?.. the only possible system of value will be resources like iron ore, gold, silver, metals, etc.