Author Topic: Chavez says U.S. occupying Haiti in name of aid  (Read 1000 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Chavez says U.S. occupying Haiti in name of aid
« on: January 17, 2010, 07:48:01 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60G2DW20100117?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&rpc=22&sp=true

CARACAS (Reuters) - Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez on Sunday accused the United States of using the earthquake in Haiti as a pretext to occupy the devastated Caribbean country and offered to send fuel from his OPEC nation.

WORLD  |  NATURAL DISASTERS

"I read that 3,000 soldiers are arriving, Marines armed as if they were going to war. There is not a shortage of guns there, my God. Doctors, medicine, fuel, field hospitals, that's what the United States should send," Chavez said on his weekly television show. "They are occupying Haiti undercover."

"On top of that, you don't see them in the streets. Are they picking up bodies? ... Are they looking for the injured? You don't see them. I haven't seen them. Where are they?"

Chavez promised to send as much gasoline as Haiti needs for electricity generation and transport.

A perennial foe of U.S. "imperialism," Chavez said he did not wish to diminish the humanitarian effort made by the United States and was only questioning the need for so many troops.

The United States is sending more than 5,000 Marines and soldiers to Haiti, and a hospital ship is due to arrive later this week.

The country's president said U.S. troops would help keep order on Haiti's increasingly lawless streets.

Venezuela has sent several planes to Haiti with doctors, aid and some soldiers. A Russia-Venezuela mission was set to leave Venezuela on Monday carrying aid on Russian planes.

Chavez said Venezuela's planes were the first to land in Haiti after Tuesday's 7.0 magnitude earthquake, which wrecked the capital Port-Au-Prince and killed as many as 200,000 people.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ __

Maybe Hugo should go fuck himself.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Chavez says U.S. occupying Haiti in name of aid
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 07:50:06 PM »
Sounds like some playerhaitian going on.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 07:53:44 PM »
Sounds like some playerhaitian going on.

That would be the El Presidente of Venezuela that should go fuck himself.

It was a very irresponsible statement on his part making him look like an average dumb ass. 

He should shut up and make sure there isn't a fuel shortage.   

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 07:58:23 PM »
I was going to say something but that perfect ass made me forg....

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 08:11:05 PM »
OMG 240, best post ever :D  have no idea what were you trying to say Ozmo.... oh nevermind, I don't want to know now :)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 09:35:08 PM »
What a whiny bitch. Reeks of jealousy.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 11:13:05 PM »
That would be the El Presidente of Venezuela that should go fuck himself.

It was a very irresponsible statement on his part making him look like an average dumb ass. 

He should shut up and make sure there isn't a fuel shortage.   
I would agree. But it would be odd if the US shuts down G-mo, and sets up shop in Haiti.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 12:20:25 AM »
A bunch of the milbloggers got together got some donations, flew to the DR and trucked over the mountain to Haiti. They got attacked several times on the way. The fact that they were armed and all retired SF medics sorta screwewd the douchbags. This is another BS humanitarian aid mission that the UN can't do so we're forced to. The US military is the only one capable of getting the supplies in, organizing the aid and has a long history of working with NGO's...who else will do this.
L

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 12:38:48 AM »
A bunch of the milbloggers got together got some donations, flew to the DR and trucked over the mountain to Haiti. They got attacked several times on the way. The fact that they were armed and all retired SF medics sorta screwewd the douchbags. This is another BS humanitarian aid mission that the UN can't do so we're forced to. The US military is the only one capable of getting the supplies in, organizing the aid and has a long history of working with NGO's...who else will do this.
And what good is the UN again? Or is this a case of the UN saying to the US, "this happened in your backyard, you got this."

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 02:06:42 AM »
If u ever get an answer please let me know. The other side of the damm island is fine. I had my wedding there.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 08:15:03 AM »
Good points, but wouldn't it make sense that Hugo should verify his accusations before he makes them?

We are looking at a lawless disaster area.  It makes sense that troops should be in there to help keep the peace and protect relief supplies.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 10:25:39 AM »
And what good is the UN again? Or is this a case of the UN saying to the US, "this happened in your backyard, you got this."

The UN is the most worthless piece of shit on the planet. They are completely useless. The USA would do well to leave ASAP.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 10:33:19 AM »
The UN is the most worthless piece of shit on the planet. They are completely useless. The USA would do well to leave ASAP.

I'm seriously hoping the UN is blown up on 24 this season. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 10:55:27 AM »
I'm seriously hoping the UN is blown up on 24 this season. 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You know that's a pipe dream

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 12:20:57 PM »
So much mierda comes out of Chavez's mouth everyday that I now just ignore everything that he says.

It was either last year or the year before that he said on TV that the economy in the US was so bad that most Americans were starving and homeless, and that he was expecting a mass immigration of American citizens into Venezuela pretty soon...LOL    ;D 

What a clown!    ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »
good points but, my ass...  You don't believe they were lol

You think I'm just saying they are good points?  Wow.

If I didn't think YOUR points were valid I'd have ZERO problems saying so.

The more I learn about this Hugo, the more he seems to be a bit of a blow hard.