Author Topic: Brady Campaign Gives President 'F' On Gun Control; Calls Him 'Abject Failure'  (Read 3618 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
yeah, i would like to hear the stats too. 

I think increased technology has stopped a lot of crime in the near-20 years since the early 90s when shit was so hectic with guns.  You rob a store now, you're on 5 cameras between the parking lot and the 7-11.  better chance you'll be caught.  Plus in FL, the 5-10-25 to life rule has a lot of bad guys scared.

many (smart) people stocked up as the bill started being discussed, knowing the political climate - much like the wise ones bought their guns in 2007/early 08 when it was obvious a dem was getting in.

Still, it would cost any dem a TOn of swing voters to even mention anythign related to anti-gun.  I don't know of anythign Obama has said.  I think holder mumbled something one, supposing, and people went apeshit.  Obama smelled the temperature and left it alone.  Only 1/4 of his term is done, but losing congress in the fall will help prevent it as well.  IF he was gonna go anti-gun, it would have HAD to have been in 2009. 
I think so too, id also like to see the number of guns stolen during, before, and after the brady ban I would think that they would have gone up during.

Obama has said many things about guns 240 you simply either turned a blind eye like with many things obama or just didnt care. He mentioned guns in more than one of his campaign speeches that I remember off the top of my head. You probably dont remember him playing the race card either do you?  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I think so too, id also like to see the number of guns stolen during, before, and after the brady ban I would think that they would have gone up during.

Obama has said many things about guns 240 you simply either turned a blind eye like with many things obama or just didnt care. He mentioned guns in more than one of his campaign speeches that I remember off the top of my head. You probably dont remember him playing the race card either do you?  ::)

Look at the difference in the answers.  Here is the political debate pap.

Here is the reality.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
I am a strong supporter of firm gun laws.
But I distinctly remember Obama stating that gun laws were not up for change. Biden said something about that as well.
So I don't understand the disappointment.
Also, it seems like the issue is very polarized. So perhaps Obama and NRA could unite in getting illegal guns out of hands of criminals in different ways. That could perhaps be something both could agree on. And leave it at that.
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
But I distinctly remember Obama stating that gun laws were not up for change. Biden said something about that as well.
Also, it seems like the issue is very polarized. So perhaps Obama and NRA could unite in getting illegal guns out of hands of criminals in different ways. That could perhaps be something both could agree on. And leave it at that.

How is that War on Illegal Drugs working out?

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

So how is restricting my rights going to get illegal guns out of the hands of criminals? 

How do criminals get those guns?  Not from gun shows or gun stores...I can assure you of that.  They are probably stolen if anything. 

I have a question.  How come Wyatt Earp is not unpopular with the second amendment crowd?  Infact they're likely to have a movie or book on the shelf at home   Just always wondered about that.

More uneducated people that don't know squat and just see the man as a gunfighter and not an opponent of everyone else's rights.  I'm glad you brought that up...not many people know that about Earp. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
he also said many things that gave ppl the idea that gun control was going to be on the agenda. Senator obama did a amazing job in fooling ppl into thinking that he was going to be everything to everybody. Often time flip flopping multiple times during the course of the election on various topics.

Being everything to everybody is fine in theory but in practice you do eventually have to pick a side even if that side is doing nothing you still end up pissing ppl off.