Author Topic: Pelosi: Mass. Election Won’t Stop Health Bill - (I hate this Biatch)  (Read 2469 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Pelosi: Mass. Election Won’t Stop Health Bill
New York Times ^

Posted on Monday, January 18, 2010 7:42:49 PM by Sub-Driver

Pelosi: Mass. Election Won’t Stop Health Bill By DAVID M. HERSZENHORN

With Democrats increasingly anxious about the special election in Massachusetts on Tuesday and what it will mean for their big health care legislation, the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, told reporters in California Monday that the legislation would move forward not matter what.

“Let’s remove all doubt,” Ms. Pelosi said. “We will have health care one way or another.”

Ms. Pelosi acknowledged that the path forward could change if the Democrat in the Massachusetts race, Martha Coakley, loses.

“Certainly the dynamic will change depending on what happens in Massachusetts,” Ms. Pelosi said. “Just the question of how we would proceed. But it doesn’t mean we won’t have a health care bill.”

The speaker also slammed the Republican in the Massachusetts race, Scott Brown, and indeed all Congressional Republicans, for trying to block the legislation.

“I heard the candidate in Massachusetts, the Republican candidate, say ‘Let’s go back to the drawing board,’” Ms. Pelosi said.

She continued at length:

(Excerpt) Read more at prescriptions.blogs.nyti mes.com ...

________________________ ________________________ _________

Screw off you hag - you have embarassed our ancestors in the old country enough!

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Pelosi: Mass. Election Won’t Stop Health Bill - (I hate this Biatch)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 06:27:02 PM »
I actually think they are going to try and force it through, even though it might not work out.  They need talking points for the next election.  Right now, as far as I can determine, they don't have any.  What are they going to claim they've accomplished thus far?  Stimulus?  Hahahaha...

In their rush for an election day talking point, they'll push this through and claim it's a success.  Come November, non of the real bad side effects will be noticeable.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 06:33:01 PM »
Other than the tax hikes and resultant job losses????

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 06:38:47 PM »
Other than the tax hikes and resultant job losses????

For most people, that will be down the road.  They won't be feeling that impact around November.

Of course, by the time it actually starts to impact the layman's paycheck, it will be far, far too late.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 06:48:20 PM »
For most people, that will be down the road.  They won't be feeling that impact around November.

Of course, by the time it actually starts to impact the layman's paycheck, it will be far, far too late.

The tax hikes tafe effect immiediately., 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 07:03:34 PM »
Nothing that most people will feel.  Tax on Charitable Hospitals, Drug companies (some), Medical Devices, Cosmetic procedures, tanning.  All I can think of.

This is a very real concern because they're going to tout success when, in fact, the negatives have yet to come to  fruition.  They've got a big "fuck you" attitude towards everybody.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 07:16:35 PM »
Nothing that most people will feel.  Tax on Charitable Hospitals, Drug companies (some), Medical Devices, Cosmetic procedures, tanning.  All I can think of.

This is a very real concern because they're going to tout success when, in fact, the negatives have yet to come to  fruition.  They've got a big "fuck you" attitude towards everybody.

Like I CORRECTLY  predicted many other things economically related, many businesses will lay people off just in anticipation of the higher taxes alone.

This entire scam will be horrific for the economy and crap & tax will be the final nail. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 10:02:02 PM »
Pelosi: Mass. Election Won’t Stop Health Bill
New York Times ^

Posted on Monday, January 18, 2010 7:42:49 PM by Sub-Driver

Pelosi: Mass. Election Won’t Stop Health Bill By DAVID M. HERSZENHORN

With Democrats increasingly anxious about the special election in Massachusetts on Tuesday and what it will mean for their big health care legislation, the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, told reporters in California Monday that the legislation would move forward not matter what.

“Let’s remove all doubt,” Ms. Pelosi said. “We will have health care one way or another.”

Ms. Pelosi acknowledged that the path forward could change if the Democrat in the Massachusetts race, Martha Coakley, loses.

“Certainly the dynamic will change depending on what happens in Massachusetts,” Ms. Pelosi said. “Just the question of how we would proceed. But it doesn’t mean we won’t have a health care bill.”

The speaker also slammed the Republican in the Massachusetts race, Scott Brown, and indeed all Congressional Republicans, for trying to block the legislation.

“I heard the candidate in Massachusetts, the Republican candidate, say ‘Let’s go back to the drawing board,’” Ms. Pelosi said.

She continued at length:

(Excerpt) Read more at prescriptions.blogs.nyti mes.com ...

________________________ ________________________ _________

Screw off you hag - you have embarassed our ancestors in the old country enough!

I think this is grandstanding on her part. When the rubber meets the road, I don't think there are enough Democrats, willing to sacrifice their career for her foolhardiness and arrogance.

She may lose some votes in the House, too, if Brown wins.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 06:15:25 AM »
Weiner said HCR is done if Brown wins. 

I sincerely hope that Obamarx and Pelousi push this garbage.  I cant wait. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 06:28:21 AM »
We're all holding our breath here...this is huge despite the douchbags. Hell they're saying that even a close loss would be huge...but that was a few days ago before he was up by 9. Douchbag olberman had the dailykos shitbag on and he said his poll had em tied...all the others had Brown up by atleast 5. The end of barry.......
L

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 08:20:36 AM »
I wish they could just pass the good provisions in the bill (that actually protect people) and dump the rest for now.  The bill sucks and is going to cost money that we don't have (according to the newest CBO statements and other recent analyses).  The bill doesn't take on trial lawyers, malpractice reform or the insurance companies.  The bill doesn't address cost containment or real preventative medicine strategies.

I also wish Pelosi would please, please just leave politics.  She is so bad.

Mons Venus

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 08:30:24 AM »
I wish they could just pass the good provisions in the bill (that actually protect people) and dump the rest for now.  The bill sucks and is going to cost money that we don't have (according to the newest CBO statements and other recent analyses).  The bill doesn't take on trial lawyers, malpractice reform or the insurance companies.  The bill doesn't address cost containment or real preventative medicine strategies.

I also wish Pelosi would please, please just leave politics.  She is so bad.

Quite an understatement.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 11:53:01 AM »
Mons, I think Pelosi is really hurting democrats.  The liberal left is in charge of the party right now and there is a lot of backlash from independents and moderates of all parties.  I think moderate democrats are needed with moderate republicans to create a balance in government.  I favor more fiscal policies but understand the need for both repubs and dems....but there is an overabundance of leftists in control right now which will force the pendulum to swing back in the fall.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 11:59:44 AM »
Mons, I think Pelosi is really hurting democrats.  The liberal left is in charge of the party right now and there is a lot of backlash from independents and moderates of all parties.  I think moderate democrats are needed with moderate republicans to create a balance in government.  I favor more fiscal policies but understand the need for both repubs and dems....but there is an overabundance of leftists in control right now which will force the pendulum to swing back in the fall.

You seem to have it wrong there shoot.  Moderate democrats are the reason the bill is the way it is.  They have been brought and paid for by the insurance lobby.  Liberal democrats wanted a public option, extended medicare or one of either at least.  what we have is a bill which is far more republican like (help to big business at the expense of the common man) than it is liberal (help to the common man at the expense of big business).  
Abandon every hope...

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 12:33:34 PM »
You seem to have it wrong there shoot.  Moderate democrats are the reason the bill is the way it is.  They have been brought and paid for by the insurance lobby.  Liberal democrats wanted a public option, extended medicare or one of either at least.  what we have is a bill which is far more republican like (help to big business at the expense of the common man) than it is liberal (help to the common man at the expense of big business).  

How is it republican like? It seems to me just about every republican voted against it. Face it this POS was crafted by the left wing of the Dem party.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 12:35:16 PM »

Good try KC.  Face it, the Dems are just as corrupt as the GOP and just as in bed with corporate interests as the evil GOP you despise. 

Not one GOP Senator voted for this crap sandwich and you have your Dear Leader to thank for it. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 12:37:35 PM »
Good try KC.  Face it, the Dems are just as corrupt as the GOP and just as in bed with corporate interests as the evil GOP you despise. 

Not one GOP Senator voted for this crap sandwich and you have your Dear Leader to thank for it. 

Its amazing isn't it, the dems have a filibuster proof majority, and somehow the GOP is reponsible for this. It just boggles the mind.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 12:39:13 PM »
Its amazing isn't it, the dems have a filibuster proof majority, and somehow the GOP is reponsible for this. It just boggles the mind.

Its because liberalism is a severe mental disorder.  The mental disorder of the left is truly a sight to see.

For fucks' sake - you have Obama screaming about the bankers and special interests in health care!  WTF? 

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 12:42:43 PM »
Its because liberalism is a severe mental disorder.  The mental disorder of the left is truly a sight to see.

For fucks' sake - you have Obama screaming about the bankers and special interests in health care!  WTF? 

Obama is full of crap, he is a chicago mobitician.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 12:45:44 PM »
How is it republican like? It seems to me just about every republican voted against it. Face it this POS was crafted by the left wing of the Dem party.

Of course they did.  They weren't brought as a whole like the dems were.  This bill is not a left wing bill in the slightest.  If only you looked at huff post or DU to see what real liberals think of this bill, then you would see.  It's a republican-like bill.  I never insinuated the republicans sponsored of voted for this bill.  I stand by my words that this is more right than left because it takes from the people and gives to business, something republican's are known for and have a long history of. 

The democratic party may call itself or be labeled 'left wing' but this bill kazan is anything but.   
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 12:48:24 PM »

Never said it was the fault of republicans.  It's the fault of weak senators in the democratic party who would rather keep their campaign contributions than do something for the people who elected them. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 12:51:40 PM »
Never said it was the fault of republicans.  It's the fault of weak senators in the democratic party who would rather keep their campaign contributions than do something for the people who elected them. 

So go blame them, not the teabaggers. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 12:54:27 PM »
So go blame them, not the teabaggers. 

Where have i blamed them for this health care bill. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 12:55:51 PM »
Where have i blamed them for this health care bill. 

The GOP has nothing to do with this bill.  Your hatred for this mess should go directly to 1600 PA Ave. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 12:59:57 PM »
The GOP has nothing to do with this bill.  Your hatred for this mess should go directly to 1600 PA Ave. 

I haven't blamed the GOP either.  My gosh 333 i've always said this was a democrat mess and i've blamed the so called 'moderates' who have been brought and paid for by the insurance lobby, killing any chance of real reform. 
Abandon every hope...