Author Topic: global warming and skeptics  (Read 4911 times)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
global warming and skeptics
« on: January 18, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
i notice that not one of the groups formed, or so called self professed experts on the non existence of global warming is related to the scientific community and they resort to pulling lame anecdotes to cite their "case".

it makes me laugh to know that the very same people that dont want to know how they put a billion transistors onto a 45 nanometre die to make a PC chip, or how a car engine management system works, or how the selection of a steel cross member for a bridge is done yet they take these things for granted then have the audacity to question the scientific community- that does its own share of peer review- and their conclusion of global warming due to human causes.

the medical community have to submit irrefutable evidence of double blind, statistically significant studies to prove drug efficacy- the very same that the global warming scientists do...to prove that it is occurring.

Yet these numb skulls get on the radio and pick cold days here and there as their proof that it isnt.

fuck humans are dumb. one day the general populous will realise that groups of smart people make this a better world and if they say that we're ruining it then we'd better pay attention.

no good saying "told you so" 50 years from now.

ok im over my rant. back to the usual DA slagging and Nasser worship.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
Re: global warming and skeptics
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 07:52:45 PM »
"Science is the devils way to get you to turn away from God" - one of my siblings

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 08:08:54 PM »
Disco,

Send this video around to the dim-witted deniers.

This should help educate the uneducated.

cauthon

• Getbig II
  • Craig Killed for you Bitches
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 08:41:23 PM »

how they put a billion transistors onto a 45 nanometre die to make a PC chip,

They dont.

Hope this helps

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 08:44:10 PM »
TA, you've been owned in every subject from politics to relgion to training to nutrition and now global warming, its time to give it up jr.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 08:46:23 PM »
 so how does one explain the emails recently turn over that have the top scientists in global warming trying to manipulate numbers that show that global warming is not exactly happening as they state? i have no dog in the fight but after reading those e mails it appears they have some explaining to do.. so if anyway who preaches the dangers of global warming have read the e mails from top scientists (one is even the al gore "to go" guy) then they need to see how these guys are manipulating numbers to get the money for research.. they should have been convicted..

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 08:48:33 PM »
They dont.

Hope this helps

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transistor_count

Six-Core Xeon 7400    1,900,000,000    2008    Intel    45 nm

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 08:48:46 PM »
so how does one explain the emails recently turn over that have the top scientists in global warming trying to manipulate numbers that show that global warming is not exactly happening as they state? i have no dog in the fight but after reading those e mails it appears they have some explaining to do..
anybody can fabricate evidence...

bench

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 08:49:28 PM »
so how does one explain the emails recently turn over that have the top scientists in global warming trying to manipulate numbers that show that global warming is not exactly happening as they state? i have no dog in the fight but after reading those e mails it appears they have some explaining to do..

there were only two emails out of thousands that were obtained and both were taken out of context

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 08:50:39 PM »
Al Gore got caught for photoshopping that was in his movie..hahahahahaha!

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 08:51:12 PM »
out of context? please  ::) they were falsifying info ..

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 08:52:02 PM »
so was gore's "top guys"...

bench

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 08:54:29 PM »

2 out of thousands of emails - no it was a beat up by the media and the right-wing

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 09:00:09 PM »
i dont care if it was one email.. the point is they were trying to get their story straight about why the "info" was not adding up .. they were getting data that did not support their case of global warming.. asking others to "erase emails" so that they did not get read ecte ct.. come on.. that does not concern you? what other crap dont we know about that they have "discussed" and dont want you to see.. they want the money for the research..that is the motive.. global warming whether true or not is now about money...

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 09:03:18 PM »
i dont care if it was one email.. the point is they were trying to get their story straight about why the "info" was not adding up .. they were getting data that did not support their case of global warming.. asking others to "erase emails" so that they did not get read ecte ct.. come on.. that does not concern you? what other crap dont we know about that they have "discussed" and dont want you to see.. they want the money for the research..that is the motive.. global warming whether true or not is now about money...

no they weren't

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 09:03:32 PM »
people care about what TV tells em to care about every evening.

I have no tv since 10 years, and dont care about anything, why would I?

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 09:08:43 PM »
people care about what TV tells em to care about every evening.

I have no tv since 10 years, and dont care about anything, why would I?

you can watch the discovery channel once in a while, animal planet. lets keep with the facts, you ran from france, now you re poor again cant afford a tv

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 09:14:24 PM »
all about the carbon tax, its a scam. al gore even got a oscar for that doc, the same people control the oscars. this is not some conspiracy, you americans need to wake up. if you donnt, yu clearly deserve your government.they even spew their propaganda here in europe. if you cant see the towers were blown up, you re a naive moron.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 09:18:22 PM »
all about the carbon tax, its a scam. al gore even got a oscar for that doc, the same people control the oscars. this is not some conspiracy, you americans need to wake up. if you donnt, yu clearly deserve your government.they even spew their propaganda here in europe. if you cant see the towers were blown up, you re a naive moron.

LOL @ all these "conspiracy theorists" worrying about a "government takeover"

The truth is the United States government is nothing more than a bunch of scared bureaucrats  waiting for 5 o'clock to roll around every day.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 09:19:09 PM »
when did this happen
I

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 09:21:05 PM »
&feature=related   go to the 6 minute mark and see how it is about money..  there are also interviews with many former IPCC scientists who disagreed with the data..

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 09:33:47 PM »
Im surprised donkeykong and drchimps didnt log in to spew their bullshit here

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 09:38:52 PM »
i can post videos too - dealing with the "fraud"

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 11:04:20 PM »
Among the IPCC elite embarrassingly, if not criminally, compromised is Phillip D. Jones, a Ph.D. climatologist at the University of East Anglia whose work figured prominently in the IPCC Third Assessment Report of 2001. Jones also contributed significantly to the IPCC Fourth Assessment Report in 2007 (AR4), but he failed to follow through when skeptical investigators asked to review raw data associated with that report. They announced intent to use UK Freedom of Information laws to obtain the data, so Jones sent the following e-mail to one of his collaborators: "Mike, Can you delete any e-mails you may have had with Keith re AR4? Keith will do likewise.... Can you also e-mail Gene and get him to do the same?... Will be getting Caspar to do likewise." The Mike in this message is Michael Mann, professor of meteorology at Pennsylvania State University, whose influential "hockey stick" graph warning of pending global warming eco-catastrophe was found by a congressional investigation to be fraudulent. In another correspondence about AR4 labeled HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL, Jones contacted Mann regarding research critical of their global warming platform. "I can't see either of these papers being in the next IPCC report," wrote Jones. "Kevin and I will keep them out somehow — even if we have to redefine what the peer-review literature is!"

Mann received another incriminating e-mail from Dr. Kevin Trenberth, a New Zealander now with the University of Colorado and Head of the Climate Analysis Section at the National Center for Atmospheric Research. "The fact is we can't account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can't." An incredulous Trenberth simply blamed "our [inadequate] observing system." Yet he and his colleagues are now dodging the "Climategate" bullet, indignant that global warming skeptics are supposedly taking their comments out of context. One wonders if they might be referring to a message from Jones who wrote about a statistical "trick" he used to "hide" data. Or perhaps they mean Mann's reference to climate change skeptics as "idiots."

so this is hardly "out of context" for them to admit they cant account for the lack of warming and the fact that they are trying to have e mails deleted so that they dont come under peer review.. and keeping studies out of the view of others that dont match their "opinion" of global warming..

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 05:24:19 AM »
Context is everything  :-\

------------------

One of the hacked East Anglia emails that has gotten considerable play on the web indicates that several alarmist scientists deleted emails that were subject to a Freedom of Information Act request rather than produce them. That's true; here is the context.

On May 27, 2008, David Palmer, who is in charge of "data protection" at the University of East Anglia, wrote to Tim Osborn about a Freedom of Information Act request the university had received from one David Holland:

Please note the response received today from Mr. Holland. Could you provide input as to his additional questions 1, and 2, and check with Mr. Ammann in question 3 as to whether he believes his correspondence with us to be confidential?

Although I fear/anticipate the response, I believe that I should inform the requester that his request will be over the appropriate limit and ask him to limit it....

I just wish to ensure that we do as much as possible 'by the book' in this instance as I am certain that this will end up in an appeal, with the statutory potential to end up with the ICO.

Thus, the same day, Tim Osborn wrote to Caspar Amman of the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colorado:

Our university has received a request, under the UK Freedom of Information law, from someone called David Holland for emails or other documents that you may have sent to us that discuss any matters related to the IPCC assessment process. We are not sure what our university's response will be, nor have we even checked whether you sent us emails that relate to the IPCC assessment or that we retained any that you may have sent. However, it would be useful to know your opinion on this matter. In particular, we would like to know whether you consider any emails that you sent to us as confidential.

Sorry to bother you with this,
    Tim (cc Keith & Phil)

The point was to lay foundation for an objection to producing such emails on the ground that they were "confidential." Amman replied:

Oh MAN! will this crap ever end??

Well, I will have to properly answer in a couple days when I get a chance digging through emails. I don't recall from the top of my head any specifics about IPCC.

I'm also sorry that you guys have to go through this BS.

Osborn replied:

Hi again Caspar,
    I don't think it is necessary for you to dig through any emails you may have sent us to determine your answer. Our question is a more general one, which is whether you generally consider emails that you sent us to have been sent in confidence. If you do, then we will use this as a reason to decline the request.

Cheers
    Tim

That was followed by this more formal response from Amman on May 30:

in response to your inquiry about my take on the confidentiality of my email communications with you, Keith or Phil, I have to say that the intent of these emails is to reply or communicate with the individuals on the distribution list, and they are not intended for general 'publication'. If I would consider my texts to potentially get wider dissemination then I would probably have written them in a different style. Having said that, as far as I can remember (and I haven't checked in the records, if they even still exist) I have never written an explicit statement on these messages that would label them strictly confidential.

Caspar

In the meantime, though, Osborn and his colleagues had already taken matters into their own hands. On May 29, Phil Jones wrote to Michael Mann, with the subject heading "IPCC & FOI":

Mike, Can you delete any emails you may have with Keith re AR4? ["AR4" is common shorthand for the U.N. IPCC's Fourth Assessment Report, which was released in 2007.] Keith will do likewise. He's not in at the moment - minor family crisis.

Can you also email Gene and get him to do the same? I don't have his new email address.

We will be getting Caspar to do likewise.

These emails appear to show that, when faced with a legitimate request under Britain's Freedom of Information Act, these global warming alarmists preferred to delete their emails with one another about the crucially important IPCC report--the main basis for the purported "consensus" in favor of anthropogenic global warming--rather than allow them to come to light. This is one of many instances in the East Anglia documents where the global warming alarmists act like a gang of co-conspirators rather than respectable scientists.