Author Topic: Breaking news: Awesome Kong and Bubba the sponge sent home...  (Read 3148 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Breaking news: Awesome Kong and Bubba the sponge sent home...
« on: January 19, 2010, 01:20:59 PM »
Awesome Kong got into a real life fight with Bubba the sponge at TNA's Impact tapings after Bubba made some disparging remarks about the people of Haiti and the earthquake. The word going around backstage is that the incident with Awesome Kong beating up Bubba the Love Sponge was "far worse" than Bubba described it today. Note from Ryan Clark: I've heard that Kong went absolutely ballistic, was screaming very loudly, and would not back off Bubba as others tried to break it up. Both were sent home after the incident. It's time to get rid of Bubba but he brings them crazy publicity with his two radio shows.

If any of you have ever seen Awesome Kong, she looks crazy and I wouldn't even mess with her.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Breaking news: Awesome Kong and Bubba the sponge sent home...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 01:24:03 PM »
Mark Madden claimed that, during the encounter, Kong kept screaming, "This is for Haiti...this is for Haiti..." among other things.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 04:27:07 PM »
credit: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/awesome-kongs-tna-status-following-incident-last-night-94845

Despite her physical altercation with Bubba The Love Sponge last night, which subsequently saw the TNA Knockout sent home early from the TV tapings last night in Orlando, we can now confirm that Kong is in the Impact Zone right now for tonight's tapings.

According to ProWrestling.net, Kong is expected to be used during the show that is being taped tonight.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 04:31:11 AM »
credit: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/awesome-kongs-tna-status-following-incident-last-night-94845

Despite her physical altercation with Bubba The Love Sponge last night, which subsequently saw the TNA Knockout sent home early from the TV tapings last night in Orlando, we can now confirm that Kong is in the Impact Zone right now for tonight's tapings.

According to ProWrestling.net, Kong is expected to be used during the show that is being taped tonight.

Apparently the entire TNA locker room was behind Awesome Kong on that one. Bubba supposedly said "F**k Haiti" and kong took offense to that.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 05:31:42 AM »
That’s what I keep hearing, as well.
I wonder if she has family/friends over there, if this was interpreted as a racial issue, or if Kong is just another one of many who don’t particularly care for Bubba.

I don’t know if Bubba truly feels that way, or if he was just trying to use shock tactics to be controversial for ratings.
If he does feel that way, fine…but think it; don’t say it on-air.

And if you’re looking for “shock” ratings, there’s a difference between discussing vulgar/taboo topics and acting cold and arrogant towards a natural disaster resulting in massive numbers of dead human beings.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 05:57:48 AM »
That’s what I keep hearing, as well.
I wonder if she has family/friends over there, if this was interpreted as a racial issue, or if Kong is just another one of many who don’t particularly care for Bubba.

I don’t know if Bubba truly feels that way, or if he was just trying to use shock tactics to be controversial for ratings.
If he does feel that way, fine…but think it; don’t say it on-air.

And if you’re looking for “shock” ratings, there’s a difference between discussing vulgar/taboo topics and acting cold and arrogant towards a natural disaster resulting in massive numbers of dead human beings.

All I know is Kong beat the piss out of Bubba. He was stupid for making those kind of remarks.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 09:13:16 AM »
Bubba is a fat, white trash wannabe. He would easily get handled in a fight with a professional wrestler.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 04:53:27 AM »
Bubba is a fat, white trash wannabe. He would easily get handled in a fight with a professional wrestler.
And what makes it all the more interesting is that Awesome Kong is a female.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 08:55:07 AM »
Oh...I Know. I follow wrestling. It's a guilty pleasure that's why I don't post on here as often.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 11:48:45 AM »

I love that phrase!

White trash is bad enough…
But, to be labeled a “white trash wannabe” seems to imply that you don’t even qualify to be white trash, and that white trash status is your highest aspiration in life - that's the best you can hope for.

That’s deep, man.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 03:32:45 PM »

I love that phrase!

White trash is bad enough…
But, to be labeled a “white trash wannabe” seems to imply that you don’t even qualify to be white trash, and that white trash status is your highest aspiration in life - that's the best you can hope for.

That’s deep, man.

It could work the other way, as well. He comes from a nice, middle-class upbringing but tries to affect a working-class, tough guy persona.

This is often seen in hiphop with "Gangsta Wannabes."

In any event, I'm just happy he got his ass handed to him by a woman.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 03:55:23 PM »
It could work the other way, as well. He comes from a nice, middle-class upbringing but tries to affect a working-class, tough guy persona.

I humbly surrender to the depth of your astuteness.

And yes - it was a very nice story to hear.

Randy Orton allegedly spits his gum at a kid & gets sued for assault.
Kong kicks the shit out of some dude on-set and is back at work the next night.
 :D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 04:45:05 AM »
Awesome Kong quits TNA:

According to a source, Awesome Kong gave notice to TNA on Tuesday night at the TV tapings. Keep in mind that wrestlers quitting TNA happens all the time and most of the time they get talked into staying.

I'm sure it doesn't help matters with Bubba calling her a bitch on his radio show today.

It should be noted that Kong is said to be one of the nicest people to be around backstage. People within that TNA legitimately can't stand Bubba as of late.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 05:45:52 AM »
I doubt she'll leave.

What's the status with Bubba?
Is he still part of TNA?
Being Hulkster's buddy has many perks, but if it's gonna devastate their ratings, High-Chief Carter will likely step in. . .

Remember the Dave Schultz/John Stossel incident?
Not even Hogan could save his buddy from that one - Dr. D was sent packing.
He carries some bitterness towards Hogan today.
I don't know if his firing is the reason, but Schultz doesn't have many good words to say about his old pal Terry.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 07:45:19 AM »
I doubt she'll leave.

What's the status with Bubba?
Is he still part of TNA?
Being Hulkster's buddy has many perks, but if it's gonna devastate their ratings, High-Chief Carter will likely step in. . .

Remember the Dave Schultz/John Stossel incident?
Not even Hogan could save his buddy from that one - Dr. D was sent packing.
He carries some bitterness towards Hogan today.
I don't know if his firing is the reason, but Schultz doesn't have many good words to say about his old pal Terry.

I checked the web this morning. She is gone. She'll probably head over to Japan. She can/will make a killing over ther money wise.

Not sure what is up with Bubba. No word yet.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 11:01:11 AM »
I'm surprised.
I suspect she'll return eventually - at least if TNA will have her.
And if she's enjoying the Japan thing she'll be sure to work out a stipulation in her contract allowing her to work over there.

Most TNA talent has had those types of arrangements in the past, although it will be interesting to see what happens now that things are apparently changing within the company.   

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 04:53:12 AM »
I'm surprised.
I suspect she'll return eventually - at least if TNA will have her.
And if she's enjoying the Japan thing she'll be sure to work out a stipulation in her contract allowing her to work over there.

Most TNA talent has had those types of arrangements in the past, although it will be interesting to see what happens now that things are apparently changing within the company.   
I know for a fact she is huge in Japan. Plus she isn't like the usual "diva" in the sense that 85% of the diva's in TNA or WWE can't wrestle worth a damn. She can do some pretty high impact moves. I think she'll do a good stint in Japan before heading back to the north American rings.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 06:55:58 PM »
The following is from CourtHouseNews.com:

Wrestler Accuses 'Love Sponge' of Hate Call
By KARINA BROWN

(CN) - Pro wrestler Awesome Kong claims a radio host called her in the middle of the night from a blocked number and threatened to "'sucker punch' her until she stopped breathing," adding, "You'll be dead like all those other blacks in Haiti you fat black bitch!" Kong, whose real name is Kia Stevens, says AT&T refuses to identity the caller, who she believes is Todd Clem, aka Bubba the Love Sponge.

Stevens, who works for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, says she got into a backstage spat with Clem, a Total Nonstop contracted interviewer and radio host known as Bubba the Love Sponge, after Clem disparaged efforts to raise money for victims of the earthquake in Haiti.

Stevens claims Clem called her at her Tampa home from a blocked number at 5 a.m. on Feb. 10. She says the caller said, "'This is Bubba the Love Sponge here at (and at this point the caller named a radio station' and then alluded to the fact that the call was being broadcast on the radio. "The caller then started talking in a stream, threatening to come to the petitioner's house and 'sucker punch' her until she stopped breathing and then said, 'You'll be dead like all those other blacks in Haiti you fat black bitch ... Fuck Haiti!"

Stevens claims that when she did not respond, "the male who had identified himself as 'Bubba the Love Sponge' stated 'What d'ya think about that, Monkey Kong?' ... 'What? Those big fat Jimmy Walker lips ain't talking shit now, huh?'"

Stevens says she recognized Clem's voice, having heard his radio show.

According to media reports, Clem claimed on his show that Stevens had approached him backstage after a Jan. 18 wrestling match and "sucker-punched" him in the face several times while yelling "This is for Haiti!"

Kong reportedly served a two-day suspension for the altercation.

Stevens sued Clem and AT&T, demanding that the phone company release records that would identity the caller.

She is represented in Hillsborough County Court by Chris Mancini of Fort Lauderdale.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 06:57:34 PM »
Elise Brown sent along the following:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2010
The following statement is from syndicated and satellite radio host Bubba the Love Sponge®:

"This morning I was made aware of allegations made in a petition for full bill of discovery by Ms. Kia Stevens, a professional wrestler with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.
The allegations in this petition are one hundred percent false. To be clear; everything contained in this petition is not true. Ms. Stevens attributing outrageous racist statements and physical threats to me is disgusting."
"We can prove without any doubt the allegations made in this petition are false. First Ms. Stevens claims that she was called on the air, at 5:08 AM on February 10th, we are not even on the air until 6 AM Eastern time. We have phone records and eye witnesses that account for my every movement that day from 4:50 AM forward. No call was made to Ms. Stevens at all."
"We will be pursuing all legal remedies available to us in the State of Florida to fight these deliberately malicious allegations."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 04:43:30 AM »
Another "lets get rich quick" scheme that will backfire.