Author Topic: Best place to live in the US.. opinions please  (Read 14696 times)

Campeon Del Mundo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Best place to live in the US.. opinions please
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2010, 04:44:19 PM »
   I've been in Las Vegas for years and don't like it.  It's a 2 horse town, real estate and gaming.  If you arent' in those businesses you are probably working fast food.  And everything is backwards here.  Tons of hookers and white trash and $9/hour jobs.

If you have more than 2 brain cells to rub together and have a college degree stay away from Las Vegas.  I have a BS degree.

Here are my top choices:

If you have any ambitions in life to pursue professional work here are the top cities...
     -  Bay area Northern Cal.
     -  Austin, Dallas   <-- Best places for work,. recession proof
     -  Washington DC   <-- tons of gov't jobs
     -  St. Louis, Mo  <-- pretty good for tech jobs

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2010, 05:23:08 PM »
Bay is correct all the way, no doubt would live where he says. 
TEAM Nasser

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2010, 09:55:39 PM »
See you on the bay...  :D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2010, 02:36:00 AM »

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2010, 06:48:51 AM »
any views on anchourage ,alaska??

body88

« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2010, 07:03:06 AM »
  I've been in Las Vegas for years and don't like it.  It's a 2 horse town, real estate and gaming.  If you arent' in those businesses you are probably working fast food.  And everything is backwards here.  Tons of hookers and white trash and $9/hour jobs.

If you have more than 2 brain cells to rub together and have a college degree stay away from Las Vegas.  I have a BS degree.

Here are my top choices:

If you have any ambitions in life to pursue professional work here are the top cities...
     -  Bay area Northern Cal.
     -  Austin, Dallas   <-- Best places for work,. recession proof
     -  Washington DC   <-- tons of gov't jobs
     -  St. Louis, Mo  <-- pretty good for tech jobs

New York and Boston have more "professional opportunities" than all those cities. Not bagging on your choices, but to not list northeast cities when referring to "professional work" makes me question your experience.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2010, 07:52:16 AM »
any views on anchourage ,alaska??
Looks damn cold I'm not moving there

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2010, 08:15:33 AM »
L

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2010, 11:21:22 AM »
Yes, it is!  This area has what are known as "microclimates."*  Within just a few miles (sometimes one mile) you can have very different weather.  By the way, although I love it here, I acknowledge that there are other great places to live:  there is a reason why people dream of living in the Keys, Santa Barbara or Hawaii.  No one “dreams” of living in Boston.  Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, and parts of San Diego are also nice—if you can afford them.  But as has been said,

If you don't have your act together in terms of career and $$ your quality of life will suck.

Again, lifestyle has a lot to do with it.  For many people a Mediterranean climate is a big part of “the good life.”  Obviously, if you’d rather go ice fishing, Alaska would be a better destination.

+1 to never have to wear 3 layers of clothes again.

Is there a lot of shark attacks in northern cal? I've read that because the water is a bit colder in San Fran, it is ideal for great whites. yikes! :o
tank u jesus

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2010, 11:35:12 AM »
+1 to never have to wear 3 layers of clothes again.

Is there a lot of shark attacks in northern cal? I've read that because the water is a bit colder in San Fran, it is ideal for great whites. yikes! :o

That is what makes Northern California great!!  :o We have Whites in the Panhandle of of Florida too and another reason i love Florida.

P.S. Stay away from East coast of Florida.  >:(
D

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2010, 11:46:47 AM »
Gaffney, South Carolina

Shiskaberry

• Competitors II
  • Getbig I
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2010, 11:53:53 AM »
New York or Santa Cruz Cali.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2010, 12:34:52 PM »
That is what makes Northern California great!!  :o We have Whites in the Panhandle of of Florida too and another reason i love Florida.

P.S. Stay away from East coast of Florida.  >:(

really? i though florida was full of smaller, but aggressive sharks? too warm for whites etc
tank u jesus

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2010, 12:35:28 PM »
Gaffney, South Carolina

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH AAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAH!!! That almost made me have a meltdown..AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AAHHAHAH   :D ;D :D :D :D Only thing is Gaffney is Highway 85...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA HHA
D

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2010, 12:37:08 PM »
Been to the States a few times on 'vacation' (always wanted to say that in a sentence instead of holiday  :P ) and seen both coasts and a bit of the South. If I had to pick West I'd go for Santa Barbara, East I enjoyed Hartford in Connecticut.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2010, 12:44:32 PM »
really? i though florida was full of smaller, but aggressive sharks? too warm for whites etc

Well, actually the great thing about the Panhandle in Florida is filled with the top ten Deadliest sharks in the world!! That is why i chose to move down here. There is warm water but the farther you go out it gets colder and have seen a couple of Whites while fishing but no biggie. The only Sharks that i look out for is Bulls, Lemons, Hammerheads but i see them on a daily basis. There was a 8 Foot Hammerhead that was swimming right where i swim, all the time but the beaches were closed down until it left. Florida leads the world in Shark Attacks and that was a big choice as to my reasoning to come do the Sunshine State. Hawaii is nice but there has been Great Whites there and that is mostly Tiger Shark land.
D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2010, 12:52:00 PM »
Well, actually the great thing about the Panhandle in Florida is filled with the top ten Deadliest sharks in the world!! That is why i chose to move down here. There is warm water but the farther you go out it gets colder and have seen a couple of Whites while fishing but no biggie. The only Sharks that i look out for is Bulls, Lemons, Hammerheads but i see them on a daily basis. There was a 8 Foot Hammerhead that was swimming right where i swim, all the time but the beaches were closed down until it left. Florida leads the world in Shark Attacks and that was a big choice as to my reasoning to come do the Sunshine State. Hawaii is nice but there has been Great Whites there and that is mostly Tiger Shark land.
So, let me get this straight, you moved down to that area in Florida because it leads the world I. shark attacks? Hmmm.

I've only seen. Few sharks up close in the wild, one was a small shortfin Mako that was caught by a guy on the Outer Banks (nice place). Another was a dogfish, same place. I've heard that there are Great Whites off the coast of Cape Hatteras.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2010, 12:54:12 PM »
i heard detroit was nice

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2010, 12:55:06 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAH!!! That almost made me have a meltdown..AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AAHHAHAH   :D ;D :D :D :D Only thing is Gaffney is Highway 85...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA HHA
Hey lemme tellya sumtin bout the southern peach...it live n let live up here buddy...i gots me pick up and me dog and me shotgun...i know evrybody n evrybody know me round town...evrybody says good mornin and how do? Yes sir, no mamm, etc.....deer huntin is great here and quail season...I aint locked my front door at home never! Good 'ol country folk uphere bud....so what if i'm seeing my cousin...oh well, it ok uphere!

ps our peach water tower on 85 look like fuzzy ass with hemmroid.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2010, 12:55:10 PM »

You moved to Florida for the sharks? Haha, well, at least it's a more interesting reason than the usual family, work or a boy/girlfriend reason.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2010, 01:01:35 PM »
So, let me get this straight, you moved down to that area in Florida because it leads the world I. shark attacks? Hmmm.

I've only seen. Few sharks up close in the wild, one was a small shortfin Mako that was caught by a guy on the Outer Banks (nice place). Another was a dogfish, same place. I've heard that there are Great Whites off the coast of Cape Hatteras.

Yes sir. I love MICHIGAN but i knew that i would either end up in Florida or California!! Mako's are really quick and hard to handle when you bring them up on the boat but their Speed is uncanny to none. Great Whites are rare in Florida but i had a buddy that caught one off the beach...  :o :o Dude has his picture where he pulled it up on the beach but it was only a Baby...11 Feet or a little more...I see Sharks as Beautiful and my friends/MOM sees me as a nut.
D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2010, 01:02:32 PM »
i heard detroit was nice

Darko had a great time while in Detroit.  :o
D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2010, 01:05:08 PM »
Hey lemme tellya sumtin bout the southern peach...it live n let live up here buddy...i gots me pick up and me dog and me shotgun...i know evrybody n evrybody know me round town...evrybody says good mornin and how do? Yes sir, no mamm, etc.....deer huntin is great here and quail season...I aint locked my front door at home never! Good 'ol country folk uphere bud....so what if i'm seeing my cousin...oh well, it ok uphere!

ps our peach water tower on 85 look like fuzzy ass with hemmroid.

Listen here, Junior!!! I lived in Pelzer, Piedmont, Moonville, Simpleville, Mauldin and anywhere in the upstate but Gaffney is a SHITHOLE.  :o I problary know the same people that you do.  :o
D

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2010, 01:06:46 PM »

How do you see them on a daily basis? do you work on a boat? Can't imagine the terror of being in the water with one of those things around, damn you spielberg!
tank u jesus

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #149 on: January 25, 2010, 01:08:23 PM »
Yes sir. I love MICHIGAN but i knew that i would either end up in Florida or California!! Mako's are really quick and hard to handle when you bring them up on the boat but their Speed is uncanny to none. Great Whites are rare in Florida but i had a buddy that caught one off the beach...  :o :o Dude has his picture where he pulled it up on the beach but it was only a Baby...11 Feet or a little more...I see Sharks as Beautiful and my friends/MOM sees me as a nut.
My mom says the same thing about me, I'm a snake nut. Always have liked them. Since I was able to walk. I've wanted to live in or visit the Brazilian rainforest for this exact reason. It's been a childhood dream of mine. I've never had any because snakes drive vagina away, especially the fine ones.