Author Topic: Brown: "Tax Dollars to weapons to defeat terrorists, not their legal defense"  (Read 2273 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
This is WTF I am talking about. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
And, the people said........AMEN!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
And, the people said........AMEN!!!

Oh man, this guy is good with lines like that. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I love every position the guy has... but I did hear something about his okay'ing state healthcare a few years back?  Whateever the case, it's good to see him killing the bill now.

All this Brown 2012 talk is premature.  He has 6 years state senate and before that, family law.  Even less experience than Obama had- He was a national senator for 6 years and state for 6 years first.   In 2016, if obama wins in 2012, he'd be the ideal choice.  Before that, nah... not polished enough. 

IMO, he's a little immature for the big stage.  Giggling, mentioning his daughters are available for dating, and saying over and over "Yes Obama, I Drive an American Truck!"... hell, Obama drives a Ford Hybrid.  Also an american vehicle.  So I don't understand the point.  Maybe he's saying he gets 10 Mpg and he's proud of it.  Um, okay.

So while I love his positions, I hope he develops into a smoother speaker and a little calmer.  That "I drive a Truck and you can't stop me!" talk is great for motivating tea party voters, but isn't what moderates need.  Thune 2012, maybe brown 2016 or 2020.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I love every position the guy has... but I did hear something about his okay'ing state healthcare a few years back?  Whateever the case, it's good to see him killing the bill now.

All this Brown 2012 talk is premature.  He has 6 years state senate and before that, family law.  Even less experience than Obama had- He was a national senator for 6 years and state for 6 years first.   In 2016, if obama wins in 2012, he'd be the ideal choice.  Before that, nah... not polished enough. 

IMO, he's a little immature for the big stage.  Giggling, mentioning his daughters are available for dating, and saying over and over "Yes Obama, I Drive an American Truck!"... hell, Obama drives a Ford Hybrid.  Also an american vehicle.  So I don't understand the point.  Maybe he's saying he gets 10 Mpg and he's proud of it.  Um, okay.

So while I love his positions, I hope he develops into a smoother speaker and a little calmer.  That "I drive a Truck and you can't stop me!" talk is great for motivating tea party voters, but isn't what moderates need.  Thune 2012, maybe brown 2016 or 2020.

240 - The "moderates" are who voted for Brown in the first place. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
hey, different strokes.

I hope the 2012 candidate doesn't act like Brown acted in his speech last night.  Continually bringing up the truck... really?  "Take that Obama, I drive a truck!!  Ha!  And I want to get you on the basketball court!"

He was high on the moment, sure.  But I'm hoping he isn't bringing up his daughters dating, his truck, and his ball game nonstop in the future.  I hope he verses himself well in the issues, and gets 6 or 8 years experience before running for President.  Remember, as with Palin, the guy has the most fans NOW.  He'll only whittle down that fanbase as they learn more about him - it works that way with everyone.

Yes, moderates voted for him, but that "leave my truck alone!" shit won't play in 2012.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
He also said that that the healthcare program he voted for resulted in a lot of debt and higher premiums. This is the same program that supposedly Democrats used as a model for their plan. Brown sees that it is not working and he is opposing it.  What is wrong with seeing that something doesn't work, admitting that it is not working and preventing from happening at a national level?

If Barry and his Democrats are smart, they will change their position. But, I really hope they are as stupid as I think they are and continue down their path of self destruction.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
hey, different strokes.

I hope the 2012 candidate doesn't act like Brown acted in his speech last night.  Continually bringing up the truck... really?  "Take that Obama, I drive a truck!!  Ha!  And I want to get you on the basketball court!"

He was high on the moment, sure.  But I'm hoping he isn't bringing up his daughters dating, his truck, and his ball game nonstop in the future.  I hope he verses himself well in the issues, and gets 6 or 8 years experience before running for President.  Remember, as with Palin, the guy has the most fans NOW.  He'll only whittle down that fanbase as they learn more about him - it works that way with everyone.

Yes, moderates voted for him, but that "leave my truck alone!" shit won't play in 2012.

240 - Thune is looking better and better to me every day.  Sober, mature, good looking, articulate, great on the issues, clean cut, and conservative.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
no shit.  I wish thune would just announce already.  no wait, I dont.  Hold off until fall of 2011 I guess.  But he should be assembling the teams and domain names soon, right?  Two years is required these days for the exploratory committees.

Very cool that brown admits that about the vote.  Aside from being a little obnoxious, I love the guy.  I heard "Brown 2012" all over yesterday - WAY too soon for that.  Obama wasn't ready, we saw what happened. 

However, all the celebration worries me.  "We won!" didn't happen yet.  They took back 1 seat.  Both the D's and R's are defending 18 seats in 2010... And brown's seat expires in 2012.  What NINE senate seats could the Repubs steal in 2010?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
hey, different strokes.

Relax, man.

He was having fun and throwing back in Obama's face. Obama was the one that started it by making fun of Brown's truck commercial when he showed up to support Coakley.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
no shit.  I wish thune would just announce already.  no wait, I dont.  Hold off until fall of 2011 I guess.  But he should be assembling the teams and domain names soon, right?  Two years is required these days for the exploratory committees.

Very cool that brown admits that about the vote.  Aside from being a little obnoxious, I love the guy.  I heard "Brown 2012" all over yesterday - WAY too soon for that.  Obama wasn't ready, we saw what happened. 

However, all the celebration worries me.  "We won!" didn't happen yet.  They took back 1 seat.  Both the D's and R's are defending 18 seats in 2010... And brown's seat expires in 2012.  What NINE senate seats could the Repubs steal in 2010?

You know I like Palin with all my heart, seriously, but my head tells me Thune is the guy at this point. 

Back to basics, clean cut guy, pro 2nd amendment, women will love him, no dynasty baggage, conservative, etc.

That being said, I like Brown a lot.  A straight male who is a guys guy would wants to elimate terrorists, not bring them down the block from me.   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
240 - Thune is looking better and better to me every day.  Sober, mature, good looking, articulate, great on the issues, clean cut, and conservative.  
And a Christian Wacko.  As Wacko as Sarah Palin.  Just perfect.

Why oh why can you Republicans not find a Barry Goldwater.  Why do your laurels always have to rest on a religious fundamental socially backwards wierdo? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
And a Christian Wacko.  As Wacko as Sarah Palin.  Just perfect.

Why oh why can you Republicans not find a Barry Goldwater.  Why do your laurels always have to rest on a religious fundamental socially backwards wierdo? 

The population wont go for a Goldwater.  I would in a heartbeat and liked Goldwater a lot and that is my ideal.  however, the reality with the electorate is that they wont go for a guy like him. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
The population wont go for a Goldwater.  I would in a heartbeat and liked Goldwater a lot and that is my ideal.  however, the reality with the electorate is that they wont go for a guy like him. 
Why do you think that is so?  Goldwater is a true conservative.  Not these fly by night religious hypocritical nuts like Palin and Thune, Brown.

Do you think that the current Conservative base is just not that bright?  I think they probably haven`t a clue who Barry Goldwater was and if they did, they would probably ostracize him.  Your thoughts?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
BAM!

By the 1980s, the increasing influence of the Christian Right on the Republican Party so conflicted with Goldwater's libertarian views that he became a vocal opponent of the religious right on issues such as abortion, gay rights, and the role of religion in public life.[2] Goldwater concentrated on his Senate duties, especially passage of the Goldwater-Nichols Act of 1986.

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser
Fuck Yeah!

I hate these pussies and PC clowns who say that we shouldn't "waterboard" terrorists blah blah.  FUCK YOU.  People that try to kill Americans have NO RIGHTS.  Waterboarding has probably saved the lives of thousands Americans.

Being PC has done nothing for us.  Just look at Fort Hood for example.  If they had profiled that nutjob, maybe those innocent Americans would still be alive.  We are so concerned with being "politically correct", but at what expense?  Tell that to the victim's families of these terrorist attacks.  Why that Fort Hood nutjob was not even on a watch list is beyond me.

Now you have this 9/11 trial going to New York.  WHAT THE FUCK YOU LEFTY NUTJOBS?!?!  You put millions of Americans in danger, re-open the healing wounds of victims, give these terrorists a platform to spout their religious blasphemy, risk these guys going free (evidence thrown out because lack of Miranda rights), AND COST US MILLIONS OF $$$$ WE DONT HAVE.

All for what?  To show "America has a strong justice system?".  Give me a break.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
The law is the a great weapon to fight terrorism with. It's a shame people like Brown do not see that and instead would rather we create more terrorists through unjust torture and indefinite detentions. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Why do you think that is so?  Goldwater is a true conservative.  Not these fly by night religious hypocritical nuts like Palin and Thune, Brown.

Do you think that the current Conservative base is just not that bright?  I think they probably haven`t a clue who Barry Goldwater was and if they did, they would probably ostracize him.  Your thoughts?

TA, I am as anti-organized religion as they get and shun it like the plague.  However, I am honest enough to realise that the population is not that way and are scared off by a guy like Goldwater, for stupid reasons IMHO.  So, I have to choose my poison for lack of a better term.    

Its not a matter of conservatives not being bright, its a matter of people having their priorities skewed.  For me, I loathe people like Huckster and like people more like RP.  

So for me, the calculation is do I favor someone who I probably agree with 70% of the time (GOP) or someone I agree with 25% of the time (Dems)?  

I dont expect to get 100% from any particular person.  But you have people who do and wont accept a Goldwater type because a guy like him or RP scares them, stupidly.    

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
And a Christian Wacko.  As Wacko as Sarah Palin.  Just perfect.

Why oh why can you Republicans not find a Barry Goldwater.  Why do your laurels always have to rest on a religious fundamental socially backwards wierdo?  

Goldwater the Episcopalian?

Listen, jackass. Thune's religious belief is NOT the main reason why he might be a nominee. He is way different and better than the pile of crap that is in the oval office right now.

Why do you assume right away that every Republican cadidate is a religious nut job? Seldom, if ever, does Thune ever talk about religion.

In your tiny brain, anyone who believes in GOD is not fit to be a political leader. That is pretty short sighted.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Goldwater the Episcopalian?

Listen, jackass. Thune's religious belief is NOT the main reason why he might be a nominee. He is way different and better than the pile of crap that is in the oval office right now.

Why do you assume right away that every Republican cadidate is a religious nut job? Seldom, if ever, does Thune ever talk about religion.

In your tiny brain, anyone who believes in GOD is not fit to be a political leader. That is pretty short sighted.
Uh, do you want to check the religious nutjob school where Thune went and his Social positions?  Guy is a religious nut and is not afraid to wear it on his sleeve.  Goldwater would disown him.

When you say "radical right" today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party away from the Republican Party, and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye.
     -- Barry Goldwater, The Washington Post (July 28, 1994).

Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.
     -- Barry Goldwater, November, 1994, in John Dean, Conservatives Without Conscience

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
An evangelical Christian, Thune graduated with a B.A. degree in Business from Biola University, an Evangelical Christian college near Los Angeles in 1983

He married the former Kimberley Weems of Doland, South Dakota, in 1984; both are committed Evangelical Christians

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Thune has described his religious faith as the most important aspect of his political career: "Having a Christian worldview shapes my decision-making with respect to all aspects of my life. I always respect people in public life who are principled, and those principles have to be connected to something. And my faith is what serves as the anchor and directs my actions.

In a 2005 interview with Christianity Today, Thune supported invading Iraq, expressing a hope that this would result in greater religious freedom: "Liberating Iraq from decades of tyranny and dictatorship, bringing about political freedom, will create an atmosphere of where religious freedom will come to Iraq. And that opens the door, obviously, for the Christian faith there as well."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
An evangelical Christian, Thune graduated with a B.A. degree in Business from Biola University, an Evangelical Christian college near Los Angeles in 1983

He married the former Kimberley Weems of Doland, South Dakota, in 1984; both are committed Evangelical Christians

Pro 2nd amendment

Against - Crap & Tax

Against Deathcare

Against TARP

Against Stim BIll 

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser

Let me ask you this TA, do you think the Dems and Obama are doing a good job?  (serious question)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Goldwater knew the communists were a threat, which they still are.