Author Topic: Hugh Hewitt talking to Christopher Hitchens calls troops in Haiti an invasion.  (Read 3530 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
The reports coming in from the many nations involved in thi help mission with Haiti are all reporting the same thing. France, Cuba, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina are all saying america is making the delivery of goods impossible and is using its military to control the help these countries are trying to give ti Haiti. The French and Venezuelans have been the most vocal on this matter and are slamming the american government on what it is doing. The bringing of military ships and soldiers IS NOT what the Haitians needed.

Every other nation arrived with supplies of everything from food to tools to fuel and in all of these cases complaints are flaring over america withholding these supplies from the people. America did the same thing in Ethiopia. Many countries sent money, ship loads of food, medical equipment, doctors etc and as soon as america became involved in the "help" things became tragically worst. Ships forced to sit in Ethiopian docks until food spoiled, medication left unrefrigerated in the sweltering heat lost effectiveness, heavy machinery never disembarked from ships, etc. America has had a disdain for Haiti just like it has for Cuba and it truly is SHAMEFUL at best. It is clearly on display and once again every nation sees it. Last year 500 Million dollars went to Haiti with Bill Clinton as the ambassador...ALL OF THAT MONEY WENT MISSING UNDER HIS WATCH. Now he is begging again..I don't think so Bill.

Here is something for you and all to ponder. The UN has been in Haiti for years, so has the Red Cross, non profit groups of all types, various religious groups etc. How could these groups have been there for years, have received and raised the equivalent of BILLIONS yet no one had hospitals built, schools built, heavy machinery and tools delivered, roads built etc etc. Where has all of that money gone? Why has the persons charged with overseeing this money not been exposed and jailed since the money has been clearly stolen. Why isn't Red Cross not standing before a panel answering what they have done with funds they have received? and the UN? What the hell have they been doing over there all these many years? and where is the funding they have supposedly received and brought to Haiti?

There is some serious EVIL at work on this island by america, the UN, Red Cross and the many organization that claimed to be committed to helping these people over the many years.
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
It was even mentioned in the news today that aid was being held back to make room for military equipment and vehicles.  Now on the other side you could say and some will, that you need the order in place to get the aid delivered.  I guess one would have to be there to know the truth and the level of security actually needed to judge.  I dunno....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
The reports coming in from the many nations involved in thi help mission with Haiti are all reporting the same thing. France, Cuba, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina are all saying america is making the delivery of goods impossible and is using its military to control the help these countries are trying to give ti Haiti. The French and Venezuelans have been the most vocal on this matter and are slamming the american government on what it is doing. The bringing of military ships and soldiers IS NOT what the Haitians needed.

Every other nation arrived with supplies of everything from food to tools to fuel and in all of these cases complaints are flaring over america withholding these supplies from the people. America did the same thing in Ethiopia. Many countries sent money, ship loads of food, medical equipment, doctors etc and as soon as america became involved in the "help" things became tragically worst. Ships forced to sit in Ethiopian docks until food spoiled, medication left unrefrigerated in the sweltering heat lost effectiveness, heavy machinery never disembarked from ships, etc. America has had a disdain for Haiti just like it has for Cuba and it truly is SHAMEFUL at best. It is clearly on display and once again every nation sees it. Last year 500 Million dollars went to Haiti with Bill Clinton as the ambassador...ALL OF THAT MONEY WENT MISSING UNDER HIS WATCH. Now he is begging again..I don't think so Bill.

Here is something for you and all to ponder. The UN has been in Haiti for years, so has the Red Cross, non profit groups of all types, various religious groups etc. How could these groups have been there for years, have received and raised the equivalent of BILLIONS yet no one had hospitals built, schools built, heavy machinery and tools delivered, roads built etc etc. Where has all of that money gone? Why has the persons charged with overseeing this money not been exposed and jailed since the money has been clearly stolen. Why isn't Red Cross not standing before a panel answering what they have done with funds they have received? and the UN? What the hell have they been doing over there all these many years? and where is the funding they have supposedly received and brought to Haiti?

There is some serious EVIL at work on this island by america, the UN, Red Cross and the many organization that claimed to be committed to helping these people over the many years.

Samson you know what book said about the Red Cross and the UN.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
It was even mentioned in the news today that aid was being held back to make room for military equipment and vehicles.  Now on the other side you could say and some will, that you need the order in place to get the aid delivered.  I guess one would have to be there to know the truth and the level of security actually needed to judge.  I dunno....

That, plus I tink the govt is trying to avoid hundreds of thousands getting in boats for florida.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Samson you know what book said about the Red Cross and the UN.

Yes I do...I might have to start posting parts of the book for those who wish not to read it, so they can see what these organization like UN, Red Cross, etc were formed for and what their goal is.
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V

That is what the american press is presenting to you..that the military is needed for order. That comment of the military being flown in to help with order was the same thing said during the Katrina hurricane, during Ethiopia, and during americas involvement with Georgia (Russia) that ended up with Georgia being attacked by Russia and resulted in disastrous outcomes for New Orleans and Ethiopia. If america wanted to get involved what should have been on the ships were bulldozers, dump trucks, mobile hospitals, and much of the supplies america KNEW HAITI WAS LACKING instead of bringing carrier ships, tanks, arms, bullets etc...

And as a side note...only america is making claims of disorder and supposed gangs...(same thing said during Katrina that turned out to be a lie). The French, Venezuelans, Cubans and all other nations involved have not spoken a work of any violence or need for military involvement.
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
That is what the american press is presenting to you..that the military is needed for order. That comment of the military being flown in to help with order was the same thing said during the Katrina hurricane, during Ethiopia, and during americas involvement with Georgia (Russia) that ended up with Georgia being attacked by Russia and resulted in disastrous outcomes for New Orleans and Ethiopia. If america wanted to get involved what should have been on the ships were bulldozers, dump trucks, mobile hospitals, and much of the supplies america KNEW HAITI WAS LACKING instead of bringing carrier ships, tanks, arms, bullets etc...

And as a side note...only america is making claims of disorder and supposed gangs...(same thing said during Katrina that turned out to be a lie). The French, Venezuelans, Cubans and all other nations involved have not spoken a work of any violence or need for military involvement.
I don't trust our media, but that's not what they said.  It came across more like an obstacle.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
"That, plus I tink the govt is trying to avoid hundreds of thousands getting in boats for florida."

Very excellent point.

From a moral viewpoint, it's fuccked up that people are dying because food and meds aren't getting in because our military needs come first.

From a military/utilitarian/nationalist viewpoint, if we can use this crisis to establish stronger military presence in the world and provide greater response strike ability at interests of our potential enemies, this is a good thing.  Would any american trade 10 polish or haitian or whatever lives if it meant oil doesn't spike to $500 a barrel or China doesn't stop lending?  You tell me...

It just depends what you care more about - doing the right thing or US superiority and yur way of life.  I go back and forth :)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
"That, plus I tink the govt is trying to avoid hundreds of thousands getting in boats for florida."

Very excellent point.

From a moral viewpoint, it's fuccked up that people are dying because food and meds aren't getting in because our military needs come first.

From a military/utilitarian/nationalist viewpoint, if we can use this crisis to establish stronger military presence in the world and provide greater response strike ability at interests of our potential enemies, this is a good thing.  Would any american trade 10 polish or haitian or whatever lives if it meant oil doesn't spike to $500 a barrel or China doesn't stop lending?  You tell me...

It just depends what you care more about - doing the right thing or US superiority and yur way of life.  I go back and forth :)

That's all well and fine...if Haiti had any strategic or military value. As it stands, it's little more than a heaping pile of garbage in a nice climate.

What do we stand to gain by occupying Haiti? Oh that's right, nothing.  ::)

Videos posted by Anderson Cooper showing all the fighting and looting and what not going on (him carrying the bloodied kid out of a fight) leads me to believe that some sort of military presence needs to be there.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I still don't get this, why not coordinate drops for the supplies.  You can send in teams to points 1,2,3 etc and helo supplies in.  Teams in place to help distribute.  It doesn't take a mass invasion.  Yet time and time again I see them, almost intentionally, do the dumb and dumber.... There must be a bigger reason.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
here's 3 reasons.  Toss in cuba and venez making nice with RUS who is nice with iran/China and it starts to make sense.  When we need oil and its time to invade venez, we now have a lunching base after bush failed to get the bases in colombia that we need.  And do you think JFK would have loved to have nuke bases in haiti during that cuba mess?  and do you remember russia running bomber and wasrhip runs off cuba this past year ala hugo chavez?

And it's common sense - you never pass up a chance to put bases and missile in the middle of your enemies backyards.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
why the deletions berserk?  weird.

Anyway, while I'm not a huge fan of crazy military spending, I do recognize cuba/venez being a huge deal down the road.  if we have a major miltary presence in haiti, it's a very good thing to just keep everyone down there on their best behavior.  

Fury

• Getbig V
why the deletions berserk?  weird.

Anyway, while I'm not a huge fan of crazy military spending, I do recognize cuba/venez being a huge deal down the road.  if we have a major miltary presence in haiti, it's a very good thing to just keep everyone down there on their best behavior.  

I'm not deleting them. Hugo is.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I'm not deleting them. Hugo is.
calm down, drop the trolling bit and your posts won't get deleted.  You don't have to have a prized owning at the end of every thread you post to say what you want to say and get a decent debate out of it.  When you're actually doing that, which is rare, I leave you alone.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
but back to the discussion...

what is our military presence like in haiti now?

if russia is flying planes and scooting boats by Fl... wouldn't it be nice to have a whole lotta quick strike capability based outta cuba to kill their operations here if they ever took on florida?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
I still don't get this, why not coordinate drops for the supplies.  You can send in teams to points 1,2,3 etc and helo supplies in.  Teams in place to help distribute.  It doesn't take a mass invasion.  Yet time and time again I see them, almost intentionally, do the dumb and dumber.... There must be a bigger reason.....

We are dropping in supplies via helicopter from the airport to various areas.  A lot of the problem at this point is the sheer magnitude.  Millions are affected and we've only got limited ways into the country.  Last I heard we've got between 9-11,000 troops in.  The AF is running 180 or so planes through the airport each day.

But, there's only x number of choppers that can drop x amount of supplies for millions of people affected.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Oh, and Hugh Hewitt can go fuck himself.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

We are dropping in supplies via helicopter from the airport to various areas.  A lot of the problem at this point is the sheer magnitude.  Millions are affected and we've only got limited ways into the country.  Last I heard we've got between 9-11,000 troops in.  The AF is running 180 or so planes through the airport each day.

But, there's only x number of choppers that can drop x amount of supplies for millions of people affected.
Would have been nice to hear that info from our suck ass media.  You're the first person I've heard it from despite listening to at least a half dozen to dozen reports per day on it.  I was wondering why the hell they were not because I had not heard them once mention it.  thank you skip.  I assume you had good info on it?  Caught a report I must have missed...?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Oh, and Hugh Hewitt can go fuck himself.
LOLOLOL...

I'm not sure if you got the joke... First is was Ozmo posting on Hugo saying it, and saying he should go fuck himself.  Then it was France and a few others I think.  and now a conservative calling it an invasion.  He did say he was glad Obama did it but called out the left for not having an issue with it, which I guess says he has an issue with it lol....

Skip8282

• Getbig V
LOLOLOL...

I'm not sure if you got the joke... First is was Ozmo posting on Hugo saying it, and saying he should go fuck himself.  Then it was France and a few others I think.  and now a conservative calling it an invasion.  He did say he was glad Obama did it but called out the left for not having an issue with it, which I guess says he has an issue with it lol....

Yeah, I got it.  I've been one of the ones saying all these people can go fuck themselves.

Anyway, military logistics is what I do for the DOD and I heard at work, but I thought I read it too.  The reality is it's a huge amount of people to get food and medical supplies to.  It's just not reasonably going to happen in a couple of weeks. 

I just looked on southcom's website and the correct number of troops there now is about 13,000.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
I don't trust our media, but that's not what they said.  It came across more like an obstacle.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE AMERICAN NEWS HAS BEEN REPORTING!

Everything being labeled as a LOGISTICAL NIGHTMARE, IMPOSSIBLE TO GET TO AREAS, GANGS ARE RUNNING PORT AU PRINCE, yadda yadda...It is sickening. Here is just some of the news about america creating a greater problem in Haiti

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20100119/wl_time/0288041953379195349400
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/centralamericaandthecaribbean/7030248/Haiti-earthquake-police-admit-gangs-have-taken-over-Port-au-Prince.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8460787.stm
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60I5TA20100119

How easy it was and is for america to get to Iraq and Afghanistan to bomb and kill, yet to do humanitarian work it is all of a sudden sooooooooo difficult to do. There is a talk show called THE POWER HOUR and the host is Joyce Riley a heart transplant nurse from the military who has all of the inside info on what is really happening as her fellow military doctors, nurses etc keep her abreast of what is happening. She went on at length at how america just sent a hospital ship to Haiti (after all of this time) while 17 other nations were there practically immediately. I posted the thread on this board showing  how the american news conveniently forgot to mention how Cuba sent over 400 doctors, the media also did not report that all of the Haitian doctors were forced out of Port au Prince and surrounding by american military when they arrived...why the hell would they do that? America also refused to allow Hugo Chavez to send in FREE FUEL to Haiti? WTF? Aircraft attempting to fly into the airports in Haiti are delayed or right out DENIED by america which has conveniently placed itself in charge of the air traffic control in Haiti.

This whole matter is just being made far worst than it needs to be. AND THE MEDIA IS FLAT OUTLYING TO YOU OR NOT TELLING YOU WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING.
C

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Has anyone stopped to consider how unimaginably stupid the idea of America "occupying" Haiti is?

Even the CT douchebags who post here--- C'mon man... I mean really.

Use your brains for a moment please.

SAMSON-- try occupying some soap and water in your spare time. You smell like Port Au prince.

Fury

• Getbig V
Has anyone stopped to consider how unimaginably stupid the idea of America "occupying" Haiti is?

Even the CT douchebags who post here--- C'mon man... I mean really.

Use your brains for a moment please.

SAMSON-- try occupying some soap and water in your spare time. You smell like Port Au prince.

I said the same thing and got my posts deleted.  ::)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Ok-- I can respect your logic in that case.

But, beyond the absurdity of "occupation"--- Why now and for what purpose? To invade Venezuela as 240 mentioned? Give me a fucking break.

Leftist dictatorships have always been friendly with China and Russia and for the first time in half a century, Cuba looks like it might be on the verge of embracing capitalism ( at least the idea of it, once the beard dies).

It's a moronic and irresponsible accusation imo.