Author Topic: Canada VS USA Discuss  (Read 3152 times)

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
Re: Canada VS USA Discuss
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 06:11:11 PM »
I recently spent some time in Toronto and realized that majority people are really nice and polite...

are you kidding? I live here and I'd say the opposite. I travel to the US sometimes and find them more polite to be honest. Some Canadian spots the people are pretty nice but Toronto is the worst in Canada

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2010, 06:15:35 PM »
are you kidding? I live here and I'd say the opposite. I travel to the US sometimes and find them more polite to be honest. Some Canadian spots the people are pretty nice but Toronto is the worst in Canada

my bad..i said Toronto but I wasn't in the city..I was staying in Kitchener..
JM

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2010, 06:31:48 PM »
my bad..i said Toronto but I wasn't in the city..I was staying in Kitchener..

ya big difference. Kitchener is a small town and slower paced. Toronto is full of immigrants and they're brutal I swear

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2010, 06:34:25 PM »
ya big difference. Kitchener is a small town and slower paced. Toronto is full of immigrants and they're brutal I swear

Trained at Popeyes Gym...absolutely loved it!
JM

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2010, 06:54:05 PM »

I've never been there. You should visit toronto though just for an experience. Great clubs, great house music if you're into that. I used to go to the Guvernment a lot when I first moved here and it was a blast

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2010, 07:02:28 PM »
I am a Canadian citizen and have lived here most of my life.  I spent a few year sin Florida and a few more in New York and I enjoyed my time there greatly.    I know what I think of America but what do you all thin of Canada.  I know I am opening a can of worms here  lol  However I am just looking for factual info and actual opinions from people who have maybe lived in both countries

Only been to Montreal, awesome city with hot women. You lived in NYC?

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2010, 07:35:07 PM »
Only been to Montreal, awesome city with hot women. You lived in NYC?
yeah NYC and Staten Island and then of course spent the summers at the Jersey Shore
I

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2010, 07:37:34 PM »
yeah NYC and Staten Island and then of course spent the summers at the Jersey Shore

Where are you now T-dot? What do you like better there or NYC?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2010, 09:11:27 PM »
you think any one is going to read all this crap?             the coach = all drugs

Just like the health care bill.......probably not. But it might be a good idea before people go spewing about how bad our health care is and how good they THINK theirs is.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2010, 09:14:50 PM »
Where are you now T-dot? What do you like better there or NYC?
Im in BC now but I loved New York.  T.O wasnt like it is now when I lived there. I left 15 years ago.   Where did you live before T dot
I

pugalist666

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2010, 09:16:46 PM »
Just like the health care bill.......probably not. But it might be a good idea before people go spewing about how bad our health care is and how good they THINK theirs is.
note no denial   of being all drugs

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2010, 09:17:16 PM »
That's because they want a green card ;D

This is actually true on the east coast of Florida.  :D Stay on the west coast.  ;D
D

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2010, 09:47:05 PM »
Im in BC now but I loved New York.  T.O wasnt like it is now when I lived there. I left 15 years ago.   Where did you live before T dot

The party scene is pretty damn good in Toronto. I hear a lot about montreal -- was the once but didn't really do it up but t.o is the shit, although I've retired from the club scene.
I was in NYC last year for 4-5 days in the Tribeca area. It's a cool place, lots of character and soul but the traffic is 5x worse then Toronto and Toronto is pretty awful. I've been to Vegas also, a bunch of times but do not care for it.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2010, 09:55:44 PM »
I am a Canadian citizen and have lived here most of my life.  I spent a few year sin Florida and a few more in New York and I enjoyed my time there greatly.    I know what I think of America but what do you all thin of Canada.  I know I am opening a can of worms here  lol  However I am just looking for factual info and actual opinions from people who have maybe lived in both countries
it's ok. we still like you.
A

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2010, 10:51:24 PM »
Canadian girls are very conservative!

Only with you! ;)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2010, 11:02:00 PM »

great gym!

one of the best in ontario.
b

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2010, 11:07:33 PM »
if you want quick health care and are willing to pay for it , there are lots of private hospitals in canada  , if your bodybuilder friend wanted quick treatment he could have paid for it , he wanted it for free so he had to wait , end of story

That's funny because at the time, which was about a decade ago, that was never mentioned to him that i know of. I know he said a couple pro's he knew from the U.S told him later on he should've looked into a surgeon in the U.S. and went there. This is Canada, and not many surgeons have repaired torn pecs -- it's pretty rare. he was turned away from a couple surgeons just because they weren't comfortable with doing it. Eventually he was told to get the best shoulder surgeon in Canada to do it and he was the Toronto Blue Jays and Leafs surgeon but that guys waiting list was pretty massive.

His was misdiagnosed right from the getgo, told it was just a strain. of course he was young and figured the doctors he saw knew what they were talking about. I think it took 3 different doctors to actually order an X-ray and ultra sound and finally realized the dude's pec was clean off the bone.

The funny thing is if he was a hockey player dude would've been taken care of like a prince. Nobody gives a shit what some juiced up bodybuilder did to themselves lifting heavy weights :D sad but true

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2010, 11:09:25 PM »
That's funny because at the time, which was about a decade ago, that was never mentioned to him that i know of because he would have got it done. I know he said a couple pro's he knew from the U.S told him later on he should've looked into a surgeon in the U.S. and went there. This is Canada, and not many surgeons have repaired torn pecs -- it's pretty rare. he was turned away from a couple surgeons just because they weren't comfortable with doing it. Eventually he was told to get the best shoulder surgeon in Canada to do it and he was the Toronto Blue Jays and Leafs surgeon but that guys waiting list was pretty massive.

His was misdiagnosed right from the getgo, told it was just a strain. of course he was young and figured the doctors he saw knew what they were talking about. I think it took 3 different doctors to actually order an X-ray and ultra sound and finally realized the dude's pec was clean off the bone.

The funny thing is if he was a hockey player dude would've been taken care of like a prince. Nobody gives a shit what some juiced up bodybuilder did to themselves lifting heavy weights :D sad but true