Author Topic: What to "create" - trueprotein.com  (Read 979 times)

Cerberus2k7

• Getbig II
What to "create" - trueprotein.com
« on: January 24, 2010, 01:55:06 PM »
Alright, so I'm out of commission for a bit as I pushed myself a bit too hard in the gym(caused my heart and lung lining to become inflamed) so I figured now is a good time to get my battle plan in the works.  I'm on the TP site but holy crap there's a lot of stuff you can add.  I see some prebuilts that are 100% whey or a 75% blend.  But on the custom blends, what are some "Must Have" ingredients?  Not allergic to anything and this will be used as a general use protein.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: What to "create" - trueprotein.com
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 04:12:22 PM »
well it kind of depends on how you will be using it.

most likely you probably want to do a mixed protein, with mostly slower protein (the best option here is probably going to be a type of casein)...and a little bit of a fast protein ( best option here most likely going to be some form of whey).

a mix of 75% casein and 25% whey would be great. you might take a little bit out and add in some creatine monohydrate. like 5-10% creatine maximum.

i wouldnt get caught up in all of the options they have available...your looking for a food replacement, not some kind of magic shake. magic shakes dont exist. food does though, and good food replacemnts just need the basic macronutrients.

Cerberus2k7

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 05:57:05 PM »
I'm familiar with the general types of protein, but they have all this ultra-micro-filteredbySanta whey and I have no idea if any of these are a wise choice over your general whey choices.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 08:34:38 PM »
protein is protein, the only difference between the concentrate, isolate, cross filtration, cold filtarion.... is going to be the amount of fats and carbs present. as far as the "effectiveness" of the protien...  they are all the exact same. protein is not a growth signal, hormones and weight training are.

Cerberus2k7

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 09:02:45 PM »
Looking for something to aid in my diet that is geared towards fat loss more than anything.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 09:09:41 PM »
fat loss is caused by a caloric defecit. so that means you would ideally want a protein that has the least amount of calories. so youd want to use an isolate, which has zero carbs and fats. beyond that, theres nothing else you could really add. besides maybe some flax seed, if you didnt otherwise have a source of omega 3 in your diet.

Cerberus2k7

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 07:01:22 AM »
Awesome, thanks! :D  Now I can get a six pack overnight!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 07:03:08 AM »
Awesome, thanks! :D  Now I can get a six pack overnight!
yw  ;D