Author Topic: north american economy  (Read 3116 times)

slacker

• Getbig V
Re: north american economy
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2010, 05:54:06 PM »
I

hossie59

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 06:04:01 PM »
people with low or no qualifications are often more prone to be impacted by unemployment. People with rare skills and a decent education, who can lead and have a background in psychology have better places and of course earn more.
They also chose safer jobs from the beginning.

You have never worked in aerospace.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 06:39:12 PM »
You have never worked in aerospace.
Are you another genius with ten diff degrees who's unemployed because of the "crisis"?

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2010, 07:49:08 PM »
Dude... seriously...stfu. Everyday you re-invent your internet character, judging by most of your posts it seems you're just a teen who understands nothing about life and makes up bullshit stories on a hourly basis cause he has nothing else better to do than watching TV, pick some random society related topic and create a thread about it on a bodybuilding messageboard.  You re lying so much almost anything you say has 0 value.

Oh and I dont know many people with a good education who have no jobs, or work shitty jobs. Most of em have good jobs and  very good incomes, period. I dont know why you morons need to pretend that "even people with degrees" are struggling to make a living in their fields "nowadays"... It's a myth for morons like you to feel better about themselves. These skilled people are working right now while you're whining on an internet messageboard cause you have nothing worth it to offer to society. Learn some skills and sell em for money then you'll see, you will feel like society needs you and like you have a role, a place in it.

ok Einstein, what is the % of college students that graduate with a good job professional right out of school in 2009, please do tell us!

You sound like a privileged, rich person who inherited their money or has gotten it easily.

And the main topic, people don't buy American because they can get much better quality products and goods from other countries, if our country stopped producing crap products and produced some stuff that was high quality I am sure the average American would buy it.

TEAM Nasser

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2010, 08:17:47 PM »
Ubber point of view is formed solely by his own occupation in his own industry, There are many highly skilled people out of work at the moment, architechts, engineers, anyone who tried their luck ruinning their own buisness, the downturn  has effected a lot of them. No doubt there are some recession proof industries, he could be in one, i would have thought such an educated gent would have had a more worldly opinion, who knows maybe he just enjoys getbig as a place for him to feel special being amongst all us common folks.  ;D

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010, 08:23:37 PM »
Ubber point of view is formed solely by his own occupation in his own industry, There are many highly skilled people out of work at the moment, architechts, engineers, anyone who tried their luck ruinning their own buisness, the downturn  has effected a lot of them. No doubt there are some recession proof industries, he could be in one, i would have thought such an educated gent would have had a more worldly opinion, who knows maybe he just enjoys getbig as a place for him to feel special being amongst all us common folks.  ;D

good post
TEAM Nasser

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010, 08:35:21 PM »
everything I own is built in North America   with the exception of my street bike. 
I would NEVER buy a Japanese truck or SUV. Every again. My range rover sport give me so many problems. Every machine i current own is American too.
A

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2010, 09:08:49 PM »
No recession here and lots of jobs to boot!

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2010, 09:58:10 PM »

He's got far too much tunnel vision to be old enough to have met many people yet. But he thinks he knows it all so who's going to say otherwise.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2010, 10:01:16 PM »
I buy Hatian products, they need our support.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2010, 10:05:37 PM »
i only buy products made in sweatshops. that way they are naturally pheromone infused.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 10:17:52 PM »
must suck to spend so many years studying in a field where there's no job at the end of the tunnel, I sincerely feel for you. And yeah, never seen anyone having troubles getting recruited in education or health.
I agree tho some people also have diplomas but very poor social skills and just cant fucking pass a job interview to save their life, even in the health or education sectors. But they re one out of 10.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2010, 10:57:06 PM »
must suck to spend so many years studying in a field where there's no job at the end of the tunnel, I sincerely feel for you. And yeah, never seen anyone having troubles getting recruited in education or health.
I agree tho some people also have diplomas but very poor social skills and just cant fucking pass a job interview to save their life, even in the health or education sectors. But they re one out of 10.
so other than troll getbig and look for little girls on craigslist what do you do for employment.   ps I just saw your debut on dateline
I

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2010, 11:01:03 PM »
My cousin when to China for 2 weeks. He brought back about 15 custom measured shirts that he bought about $12 each. He did a comparison between the shirts that he bought off the rack here in the US and the custom ones were superior in material and workmanship.

He bought so many things there for pennies on the dollar that even if you factor in the plane ticket he still ahead of the game. For about $5 US you can have a meal fit for a king.

But beyond that Americans are only patriotic when he comes to "physical and immediate threats".  In other countries buying "locally" produced goods is the only way to go.

Here is the states no ones gives a fuck where anything is produced.   One thing that always amazed me is that for the past 20 years not one high ranking government officially has stated that Americans should buy american goods.

You never see american cars in other countries...never..

hell, we give other countries tax benefits for dumping shit here.

Custom made shirts will  almostalways be of better quality than off the rack...But where did he go for the Off the rack shirts? If you say Jos A. Banks, Norstrom's, or Brooks Brothers I call bullshit.

I just bought a 100 pound weight curl set (straight bar with the screw on collars) from Dick's for the home--- i looked on the plates and low and behold, made in China...

Crossbow

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2010, 11:05:20 PM »

You never see american cars in other countries...never..

If that was true, how come that the Ford Focus is one of the most popular cars in Europe ?

PRIVATE RYAN

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2010, 03:51:31 AM »
Americans know how to
build bows. I've had six
and all from the US. I'm
not even from the us.

They built decent firearms
and outdoor gear as well.

American cars do go well,
but only in a straight line.

Best stuff from america:
Mathews Bows
Winchester pre 64 Mod 70
Zeiss Conquest Rifle scop (assembled in the us)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2010, 04:13:07 AM »
Do you think only buying products made and produced in North America would have a huge impact on our economy.
I do my best to buy North AMerican

And if so what are some things that we can do

To a large extent you are right, but to do this in practice would be hard.. so many american products these days are more or less subject to a manufacturing process in china or related countries.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2010, 06:40:29 AM »
America makes the best guitars, hands down, and I'm not American.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2010, 01:45:58 PM »

another know it all  ;D ;D
TEAM Nasser

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2010, 01:50:28 PM »
I would NEVER buy a Japanese truck or SUV. Every again. My range rover sport give me so many problems. Every machine i current own is American too.
Range Rovers are known to be "problem pits", nice to look at and run up a hill, but owning one is like having a bitchy diva for a girlfriend, at every turn there is a problem.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2010, 02:03:31 PM »
Custom made shirts will  almostalways be of better quality than off the rack...But where did he go for the Off the rack shirts? If you say Jos A. Banks, Norstrom's, or Brooks Brothers I call bullshit.

I just bought a 100 pound weight curl set (straight bar with the screw on collars) from Dick's for the home--- i looked on the plates and low and behold, made in China...

Almost all the steel used in dumbells, barbells, plates, etc... is imported from China.