Author Topic: north american economy  (Read 3115 times)

slacker

• Getbig V
north american economy
« on: January 24, 2010, 02:46:50 PM »
Do you think only buying products made and produced in North America would have a huge impact on our economy.
I do my best to buy North AMerican

And if so what are some things that we can do
I

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: north american economy
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 02:49:36 PM »
Only certain products are all north American. But if we get Mexico more involved, this could work.
A

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 02:53:50 PM »
Only certain products are all north American. But if we get Mexico more involved, this could work.
I am so tired of watching places close down and watching people lose their homes and their lively hood because of the economy. 

I can only imagine that if we buy and spend locally we could pull ourselves out of this. 

I only buy American when I can.

I drive ford only vehicles

I do however spend alot of money at walmart which I knwo isnt helping
I

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 02:54:19 PM »
you rappers buy bmw and mercedes

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 02:57:16 PM »
everything I own is built in North America   with the exception of my street bike. 
I

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 03:10:48 PM »
any ideas on how to help
I

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 03:15:56 PM »
support china?

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 03:19:53 PM »
I

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 03:20:20 PM »

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 03:20:57 PM »
I am so tired of watching places close down and watching people lose their homes and their lively hood because of the economy.  

I can only imagine that if we buy and spend locally we could pull ourselves out of this.  

I only buy American when I can.

I drive ford only vehicles

I do however spend alot of money at walmart which I knwo isnt helping

people with low or no qualifications are often more prone to be impacted by unemployment. People with rare skills and a decent education, who can lead and have a background in psychology have better places and of course earn more.
They also chose safer jobs from the beginning.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 03:23:40 PM »
people with low or no qualifications are often more prone to be impacted by unemployment. People with rare skills and a decent education, who can lead and have a background in psychology have better places and of course earn more.

::) Wow you'll do well then in your black and white world

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 03:26:38 PM »
My cousin when to China for 2 weeks. He brought back about 15 custom measured shirts that he bought about $12 each. He did a comparison between the shirts that he bought off the rack here in the US and the custom ones were superior in material and workmanship.

He bought so many things there for pennies on the dollar that even if you factor in the plane ticket he still ahead of the game. For about $5 US you can have a meal fit for a king.

But beyond that Americans are only patriotic when he comes to "physical and immediate threats".  In other countries buying "locally" produced goods is the only way to go.

Here is the states no ones gives a fuck where anything is produced.   One thing that always amazed me is that for the past 20 years not one high ranking government officially has stated that Americans should buy american goods.

You never see american cars in other countries...never..

hell, we give other countries tax benefits for dumping shit here.

I

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 03:28:49 PM »

you really are an idiot.  SO how do you respond to the fact that I am self employed  and I have lost over 500g in sales this past year alone and mostly from the upper crust of society.  The economy affects all.
I

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 03:30:33 PM »
::) Wow you'll do well then in your black and white world

What, you have what it takes to be a teacher, a surgeon, a physician or a manager, but noone wants to hire you? How comes?

I could have gone deeper...and said that the most successful are those who have both well developped intellectual and emotional intelligence... And that you inherit most of your chances to be successful in life from your parents or from some tutors of resiliency you might have met in your life first and foremost.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 03:33:32 PM »
My cousin when to China for 2 weeks. He brought back about 15 custom measured shirts that he bought about $12 each. He did a comparison between the shirts that he bought off the rack here in the US and the custom ones were superior in material and workmanship.

He bought so many things there for pennies on the dollar that even if you factor in the plane ticket he still ahead of the game. For about $5 US you can have a meal fit for a king.

But beyond that Americans are only patriotic when he comes to "physical and immediate threats".  In other countries buying "locally" produced goods is the only way to go.

Here is the states no ones gives a fuck where anything is produced.   One thing that always amazed me is that for the past 20 years not one high ranking government officially has stated that Americans should buy american goods.

Lots of rubbish out of China too that isn't at the same quality. However the problem is there are some good factories and they are mass producing so it's going to hurt local jobs (although you have to mention importing creates jobs as well on the ports, unloading, truck drivers for containers etc.)

As for buiying American, it sounds great but the majority of people will go with $$ first

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 03:37:49 PM »
you really are an idiot.  SO how do you respond to the fact that I am self employed  and I have lost over 500g in sales this past year alone and mostly from the upper crust of society.  The economy affects all.

Dude... seriously...stfu. Everyday you re-invent your internet character, judging by most of your posts it seems you're just a teen who understands nothing about life and makes up bullshit stories on a hourly basis cause he has nothing else better to do than watching TV, pick some random society related topic and create a thread about it on a bodybuilding messageboard.  You re lying so much almost anything you say has 0 value.

Oh and I dont know many people with a good education who have no jobs, or work shitty jobs. Most of em have good jobs and  very good incomes, period. I dont know why you morons need to pretend that "even people with degrees" are struggling to make a living in their fields "nowadays"... It's a myth for morons like you to feel better about themselves. These skilled people are working right now while you're whining on an internet messageboard cause you have nothing worth it to offer to society. Learn some skills and sell em for money then you'll see, you will feel like society needs you and like you have a role, a place in it.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 03:38:37 PM »
What, you have what it takes to be a teacher, a surgeon, a physician or a manager, but noone wants to hire you? How comes?

I could have gone deeper...and said that the most successful are those who have both well developped intellectual and emotional intelligence... And that you inherit most of your chances to be successful in life from your parents or from some tutors of resiliency you might have met in your life first and foremost.

I'm just saying all your posts try to say this happens because this happened, or someone is like this because..... there is more to it than this or that but who i am to say.....

I totally believe i didn't get certain jobs because i was being interviewed by someone who's ego was in the way (like many men)(by this i mean thought they were the greatest and didn't want the challenge) or just jealous of what i looked like. Break it down.................... .

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 03:38:50 PM »

engeeners earn 200 dollars a month in china.

Move there with 10000 dollars and you can start a business from scratch. Well, you ll have to speak chinese and walk their walk tho.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 03:43:09 PM »
Dude... seriously...stfu. Everyday you re-invent your internet character, judging by most of your posts it seems you're just a teen who understands nothing about life and makes up bullshit stories on a hourly basis cause he has nothing else better to do than watching TV, pick some random society related topic and create a thread about it on a bodybuilding messageboard.  You re lying so much almost anything you say has 0 value.

Oh and I dont know many people with a good education who have no jobs, or work shitty jobs. Most of em have good jobs and  very good incomes, period. I dont know why you morons need to pretend that "even people with degrees" are struggling to make a living in their fields... It's a myth for morons like you to feel better about themselves. These skilled people are working right now while you're whining on an internet messageboard cause you have nothign worth to offer to society.
I NEVER ONCE SAID ANY ONE WITH AN EDUCATION WAS UNEMPLOYED OR SUFFERING BECAUSE OF THE ECONOMY. Some however are holding on to their money a little tighter.    I am simply saying it would benefit the country at large to buy locally.

And I do not reinvent myself daily you assclown.  I simply have a diverse view on things and unlike yourself from time to time post intelligent thoughts and theories 
I

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 03:46:21 PM »
engeeners earn 200 dollars a month in china.

Move there with 10000 dollars and you can start a business from scratch. Well, you ll have to speak chinese and walk their walk tho.
im guessing you have never ben to china.  Its not as cheap as you think unless you want to live like the locals.  I prefer the finer things in life   like freedom and basic human rights. 
I

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 03:49:36 PM »
I'm just saying all your posts try to say this happens because this happened, or someone is like this because..... there is more to it than this or that but who i am to say.....

cause that's the way it works...

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 03:51:54 PM »
cause that's the way it works...
fuck you gotta be about 18 and living at home to be this narrow minded
I

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 04:19:59 PM »
fuck you gotta be about 18 and living at home to be this narrow minded

funny to hear that from a loser who complains his "girlfriend caught him jerking off" on an internet messageboard. Living the life.

My girl just got me rubbing one out on the couch.  She went upstairs and hasn't come down yet. I think she is either mad or disgusted  lol

Feel like I did  something wrong now

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2010, 04:24:24 PM »
funny to hear that from a loser who complains his "girlfriend caught him jerking off" on an internet messageboard. Living the life.

I wasn't complaining stupid just making fun of myself and letting others in on a funny moment in my life.   

BTW message board is not a compound word and Internet should be spelt with a capital I.    lol

You get dumber every time you post   
I

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2010, 04:42:59 PM »
I wasn't complaining stupid just making fun of myself and letting others in on a funny moment in my life.   

BTW message board is not a compound word and Internet should be spelt with a capital I.    lol

You get dumber every time you post   

stfu dave