Author Topic: Does your Gym have a pair of these?  (Read 14392 times)

Stavios

Re: Does your Gym have a pair of these?
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2010, 01:30:05 PM »
Who cares how strong you are if you look like a human pear ?!!..

;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2010, 02:16:36 PM »
;D A Bullworker will do the trick fuck the rest.

;D
    hey that don't belong on here, penis pumps go in the x-rated section. just kidding.
F

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2010, 02:17:28 PM »
    hey that don't belong on here, penis pumps go in the x-rated section. just kidding.
;D :D

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2010, 08:31:49 AM »
Meh, how many guys in your gym do you see going above the 140's for anything but shrugs ?

we can't all be as strong as you, Stud.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2010, 10:16:58 AM »

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2010, 02:10:34 PM »
F

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2010, 07:27:26 PM »

we can't all be as strong as you, Stud.

Hahahhaha, I gave up trying to be strong about 6 years ago when I kept getting injuries trying to show off for cardio bunnies in the gym, my idiot buddy tore his pec right off doing 495 on the incline... since then I haven't benched more then 2 1/2 plates a side... no need to, if you're in the gym to flex your ego you're an idiot and asking for injuries. These days I lift for volume and a good pump :)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2010, 07:31:59 PM »
yup, yup. also cover in dust.
A

StuartR

• Getbig III
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2010, 07:38:54 PM »
Hahahhaha, I gave up trying to be strong about 6 years ago when I kept getting injuries trying to show off for cardio bunnies in the gym, my idiot buddy tore his pec right off doing 495 on the incline... since then I haven't benched more then 2 1/2 plates a side... no need to, if you're in the gym to flex your ego you're an idiot and asking for injuries. These days I lift for volume and a good pump :)

thats the silver lining ive found in being generally weak relative to how i look to the average girl. it means im more inclined not to use potentially dangerous poundages since i wouldnt be able to effectively show off that way anyhow

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2010, 07:52:55 PM »
thats the silver lining ive found in being generally weak relative to how i look to the average girl. it means im more inclined not to use potentially dangerous poundages since i wouldnt be able to effectively show off that way anyhow

At this point in my life I couldn't care less about how much weight I lift... I worried about that the first 4-5 years of training and in turn ignored form sometimes so I could get an extra 20-50lbs. on a lift, which in retrospect is retarded, I'm sure all the guys in this thread bench 595 and squat/dead 800 no problem.. I personally couldn't care less, I'm too vain and narcissistic to do something stupid like tear a muscle and not be able to train fully for 3 months.

The idiots that try to show off for girls end up showing off more for guys anyway since 99% of girls couldn't care less if you can bench one plate or six, then these idiots rip or tear a muscle and end up getting skinny because they can't workout for 6 months, LOL.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2010, 08:17:11 PM »
There was kid at the gym the other day doing shrugs on the smith machine. He loaded it up with over 400lbs he needed a spot to get out three yeps and his form was laughable.    He started dropping the weight and not until he had a single plate per side did I see good form being used.  I dont know the purpose of that. I thought maybe he is a power lifter but I never saw a power lifter use the smith machine before. BTW this kid was about 165 lbs 18 years old max.  I wanted to offer some guidance but I didnt want to start a bad habit of talking at the gym
I

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2010, 09:09:15 PM »
I wish my gym had a pair of these.

El_Torro

• Getbig II
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2010, 10:09:10 PM »
I just join a new Gym in my area and I was full of joy when I spotted a pair of 200's in the weight room. the Manager told me that he has a few meathead in the Gym who've been complaining for years to upgrade the dumbell Rack, and the manager, being the smart man that he is, Listened to his customers...hahahahahaha ha.........$43/month basic membership aint bad.

Looks like Doherty's gym in Dandenong.... they have an adjustable dumbell too that can be made up weights greater than 200 lb

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2010, 03:04:08 PM »

I can try shrugs with these. that's all they can be of use to me. I can't stand barbell shrugs, it kills my shoulders
I call BB shrugs ball crushers. Go figure.
((-::

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2010, 08:06:21 AM »
I call BB shrugs ball crushers. Go figure.

lol.......that's another reason why I hate it too.... ;D ;D