Author Topic: Bodybuilding related--What to get BMW M3 or 335iS?  (Read 8176 times)

bigkid

• Getbig IV
Re: Bodybuilding related--What to get BMW M3 or 335iS?
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 04:36:47 PM »
Better if you put a Quaife LSD in it, along with the chip. Makes no sense to have 400 hp and One Wheel drive, the BMW Z8 had problems because it lacked a LSD.
My bros never really had an issue.  His car went 12.6 with just the chip.  Not too shabby. My Cayman on the other hand sucks. Major wheelhop from the irs.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 06:10:22 PM »
Depends on what you want, an all out high rev V-8 without much torque or a car that is highly tunable, better on gas, and more torque. Not to mention cheaper.

Base prices don't mean shit as we know these cars pretty much loaded you are looking at 72K for the M3 and high 50's, low 60's for the 335IS. Plus you now get the DCT trans on the IS now.

Tough choice, but if I could go back I'll get the 335IS. No regrets though however.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 10:12:36 PM »
My bros never really had an issue.  His car went 12.6 with just the chip.  Not too shabby. My Cayman on the other hand sucks. Major wheelhop from the irs.
You know Porsche doesn't want the 911's baby brother to upstage it? The midengine placement is ideal, and Porsche knows this. Does yours have the LSD in it, or is it the one without it?    But Purists want the Rear engine design, even though it hinders the car. I have driven the 911 before, and it is kinda odd, even with the driving aids.

A friend of mine has the 330i (E90), and does complain about the lack of LSD. Im guessing the lack of one with 400 hp, when doing spirited driving or track work will play havoc with the E-diff, like it did with the 135i I test drove (spiritedly :D).

Ryan, what do you think about the new 5 series.

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 01:23:50 AM »
Never understood why Americans love the 3 series. M3's and 335's etc are pricey, not fast, small, ugly(to me and everyone I know at least), uncomfortable and cost more than they should with maintenance.

Buy an Evo or a Subaru.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 01:39:24 AM »
Never understood why Americans love the 3 series. M3's and 335's etc are pricey, not fast, small, ugly(to me and everyone I know at least), uncomfortable and cost more than they should with maintenance.

Buy an Evo or a Subaru.

It comes down to what you are used to as well. The M3, as you know is a lux based sports car, that has gotten fat over the years. It's still got a lot of lux. But it offers 911 pace and track performance for less money.

The 3 series itself (and 5 series) was the darling of the 1980's yuppies, it was the "made it" car. Those were the cars that yuppies that were doctors and lawyers got. And there it has stayed, and it has "snob appeal".

Plus, the Evo's have a bad maintenance history, the previous gens. I know of dudes with Evo 9's that complain about them. And they are too boy racer-ish. You don't look right taking your girlfriend to a nice restaurant with a bright blue or red four door sedan that has a huge wing on the back. But they handle like crazy due to that AWD. I like the Scoobies better, especially in matte black.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 02:01:04 AM »
You know Porsche doesn't want the 911's baby brother to upstage it? The midengine placement is ideal, and Porsche knows this. Does yours have the LSD in it, or is it the one without it?    But Purists want the Rear engine design, even though it hinders the car. I have driven the 911 before, and it is kinda odd, even with the driving aids.

A friend of mine has the 330i (E90), and does complain about the lack of LSD. Im guessing the lack of one with 400 hp, when doing spirited driving or track work will play havoc with the E-diff, like it did with the 135i I test drove (spiritedly :D).

Ryan, what do you think about the new 5 series.

Overall I like the car, looks very good! My only gripe is that BMW's are starting to look the same now from 5 to 3 to 7. Just like how the Audis look from A4, A5, A6, A8, etc...

They use to look interesting, not that I like the Bangle era better, but I think it had originality,sure the looks were outrageous from the 02 7 series to the E60 5's, but they were "daring." Now I think BMW is playing it safe in terms of styling and entering a more conservative approach.

In terms of new cars are concerned I would say I like the styling of the Audis better overall. I love the A4, S4 styling and think the lights from the rear to the front LED strip to be brilliant. But at the same time IMO, they don't have the masculine look as say a Mercedes or a bimmer.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 02:07:03 AM »

Overall I like the car, looks very good! My only gripe is that BMW's are starting to look the same now from 5 to 3 to 7. Just like how the Audis look from A4, A5, A6, A8, etc...

They use to look interesting, not that I like the Bangle era better, but I think it had originality,sure the looks were outrageous from the 02 7 series to the E60 5's, but they were "daring." Now I think BMW is playing it safe in terms of styling and entering a more conservative approach.

In terms of new cars are concerned I would say I like the styling of the Audis better overall. I love the A4, S4 styling and think the lights from the rear to the front LED strip to be brilliant. But at the same time IMO, they don't have the masculine look as say a Mercedes or a bimmer.
So you think that the 5 is just a smaller sausage of the 7? :) Just like the Audi's, which all look the same, especially from the back (except the R8).

I too agree, BMW is playing it safe, especially after the outrage of the last gen 7 series, which was the best selling 7 series of all time. 

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 02:11:50 AM »
Dont waste your money, get an American car like a Chevy Vet. More bang for your buck!
qft.  unless of course u have self esteem issues then go ahead and buy a foreign car

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 03:25:24 AM »
The M3..... it will have a better resale value  ;D
Man over here you can get M3's  cheap enough now,second hand like
Was looking to buy one last November but I wouldnt get enough time to enjoy it

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 03:32:15 AM »
qft.  unless of course u have self esteem issues then go ahead and buy a foreign car
Vettes are good, but their interiors suck, and they smell like glue, especially on a hot day. But they are the best bang for your buck, especially the Z06 and ZR1.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 05:59:30 AM »
It comes down to what you are used to as well. The M3, as you know is a lux based sports car, that has gotten fat over the years. It's still got a lot of lux. But it offers 911 pace and track performance for less money.

The 3 series itself (and 5 series) was the darling of the 1980's yuppies, it was the "made it" car. Those were the cars that yuppies that were doctors and lawyers got. And there it has stayed, and it has "snob appeal".

Plus, the Evo's have a bad maintenance history, the previous gens. I know of dudes with Evo 9's that complain about them. And they are too boy racer-ish. You don't look right taking your girlfriend to a nice restaurant with a bright blue or red four door sedan that has a huge wing on the back. But they handle like crazy due to that AWD. I like the Scoobies better, especially in matte black.

Good assessment!! :D

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 02:56:49 PM »
So you think that the 5 is just a smaller sausage of the 7? :) Just like the Audi's, which all look the same, especially from the back (except the R8).

I too agree, BMW is playing it safe, especially after the outrage of the last gen 7 series, which was the best selling 7 series of all time. 

Exactly, doesn't mean they don't look good though, just the same, different lengths :)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 03:03:42 PM »

Exactly, doesn't mean they don't look good though, just the same, different lengths :)
That Audi S8 in "Taken" was the shit, I have to admit that.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 03:22:56 PM »
I found your car Parker 400HP  ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 03:26:15 PM »
I found your car Parker 400HP  ;D

Yes, I've always like the 135i. That is tight as hell. The rims and the matte grey paint scheme look well together, but at the same time it looks unpainted.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2010, 03:27:50 PM »
Yes, I've always like the 135i. That is tight as hell. The rims and the matte grey paint scheme look well together, but at the same time it looks unpainted.

$35K http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/199929-bmw-135i-hre-jic-flat-gray-400hp-pocket-rocket.html

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 03:42:48 PM »
$35K http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/199929-bmw-135i-hre-jic-flat-gray-400hp-pocket-rocket.html
They should have waited to buy this. It's the rumored 1 series M model.  Performance equal or better to what that 135i is putting out. Plus, he's not gonna get 35k for that.
http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/10/13/could-this-be-a-bmw-1-series-supersport-prototype/

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 03:50:09 PM »
They should have waited to buy this. It's the rumored 1 series M model.  Performance equal or better to what that 135i is putting out. Plus, he's not gonna get 35k for that.
http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/10/13/could-this-be-a-bmw-1-series-supersport-prototype/

Or the one that started it all

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2010, 04:10:12 PM »
Or the one that started it all
Noboy is giving those up.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2010, 04:50:24 PM »
Noboy is giving those up.

I took that pic at a Italian car show at the Lars Anderson museum. I was talking to the owner and I said " I've never seen an M1 in person " and he told me he's only seen one other one himself in the US awesome to see one live and in person.

He commented on the fact that it wasn't an Italian car but I guess he knew the promoter of the show and he thought a lot of people would enjoy seeing it , surprisingly he drove it to the show and didn't have it trucked in.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2010, 08:51:38 PM »
I took that pic at a Italian car show at the Lars Anderson museum. I was talking to the owner and I said " I've never seen an M1 in person " and he told me he's only seen one other one himself in the US awesome to see one live and in person.

He commented on the fact that it wasn't an Italian car but I guess he knew the promoter of the show and he thought a lot of people would enjoy seeing it , surprisingly he drove it to the show and didn't have it trucked in.
One of my friends from college was hugely into cars. His brother owned a BMW shop in Silver Spring, MD. He had a pic of a M1 being turbo-charged to 500+ hp.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2010, 06:54:24 AM »
Ask goatboy's Mother.

THE BEEF

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2010, 02:09:15 PM »
Speaking of BMW's, I saw the new XM5, it was white and looks sweeeeeet!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2010, 08:06:57 PM »
Speaking of BMW's, I saw the new XM5, it was white and looks sweeeeeet!
yes,,,,and the mx6 i work for a dealer they are sick,and the 5 series crossover looks like a smaller x6.new 7 seres has great look from rear,kinda like a lexus..u can touch any bmw under 4o,ooo,even a loaded 1 series with 300 hp will run mid to upper 40,ooo's.great cars ,great warranty ,when that all runs out be prepared to shell out to keep it right.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2010, 01:47:02 PM »
Today I wish I had an M3.  I was in a three way drag race for about 30 miles today and I got smoked by a supped up Orange Mustang and a Red Dodge.   >:( :'( >:( :'(