Author Topic: Name What Psychopharmaceutical Med You're On  (Read 4804 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Name What Psychopharmaceutical Med You're On
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2010, 03:43:52 AM »
optimism = cure for depression.

:D

Funny. Like saying happiness = cure for sadness

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2010, 03:44:45 AM »
French wine.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2010, 04:04:49 AM »

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010, 04:08:23 AM »
Australian wine!

That sunburnt syrah does taste good from time to time.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2010, 04:11:12 AM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2010, 04:11:36 AM »
Shiraz, baby!  Can't go wrong with a lot of the SSBs too.  Unfortunately, the pinot sucks.  Thank god for New Zealand.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2010, 04:18:43 AM »
Shiraz, baby!  Can't go wrong with a lot of the SSBs too.  Unfortunately, the pinot sucks.  Thank god for New Zealand.

Well, Paris is only a block away from Burgundy. Great supply. Even had a DRC "La Tâche" a few years ago. Fragile grape, doesn't like too much heat unless it's humid enough.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2010, 04:24:25 AM »
I don't know what that is but it sounds like something you drink.  :D

Got some el cheapo French pinot a few months ago.  Wasn't bad, I thought.  Better than the Aussie $20-$30 stuff.  I rarely spend more than that... on a single bottle, anyway.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2010, 04:28:15 AM »
I don't know what that is but it sounds like something you drink.  :D

Got some el cheapo French pinot a few months ago.  Wasn't bad, I thought.  Better than the Aussie $20-$30 stuff.  I rarely spend more than that... on a single bottle, anyway.

Well, now, great burgundy wines are just out of reach. Richebourg, La Tâche, Romanée-Conti, Grand Echezeaux, all go for prices between 300-400€ and sometimes more (600-700€) for wines wich are not even out yet.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2010, 04:41:32 AM »
Tbh that would be wasted on me.  I can't really see how anyone would be able to afford to develop an appreciation of wines priced like that.  I'm at a loss with French wines anyway.  I'm the rube you see in the restaurant quietly asking the sommelier, "Fine, that's the vineyard but what's the grape?!"

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2010, 04:43:05 AM »

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2010, 04:46:19 AM »
Tbh that would be wasted on me.  I can't really see how anyone would be able to afford to develop an appreciation of wines priced like that.  I'm at a loss with French wines anyway.  I'm the rube you see in the restaurant quietly asking the sommelier, "Fine, that's the vineyard but what's the grape?!"

I know what you mean. Wine is an education over here. It's only recently that they started doing "mono-grape" wines or labeling them that way. To develop the appreciation as you say, find rich friends, preferably youngsters with old money who've lost the sense of taste partying too much but still have their grandparents cellar.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2010, 04:51:24 AM »
I know what you mean. Wine is an education over here. It's only recently that they started doing "mono-grape" wines or labeling them that way. To develop the appreciation as you say, find rich friends, preferably youngsters with old money who've lost the sense of taste partying too much but still have their grandparents cellar.

PMing webcke...

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2010, 05:08:46 AM »
Australian wine!
A lot of people in this country pooh-pooh Australian table wines. This is a pity as many fine Australian wines appeal not only to the Australian palate but also to the cognoscenti of Great Britain.

Black Stump Bordeaux is rightly praised as a peppermint flavoured Burgundy, whilst a good Sydney Syrup can rank with any of the world's best sugary wines.

Château Blue, too, has won many prizes; not least for its taste, and its lingering afterburn.

Old Smokey 1968 has been compared favourably to a Welsh claret, whilst the Australian Wino Society thoroughly recommends a 1970 Coq du Rod Laver, which, believe me, has a kick on it like a mule: eight bottles of this and you're really finished. At the opening of the Sydney Bridge Club, they were fishing them out of the main sewers every half an hour.

Of the sparkling wines, the most famous is Perth Pink. This is a bottle with a message in, and the message is 'beware'. This is not a wine for drinking, this is a wine for laying down and avoiding.

Another good fighting wine is Melbourne Old-and-Yellow, which is particularly heavy and should be used only for hand-to-hand combat.

Quite the reverse is true of Château Chunder, which is an appellation contrôlée, specially grown for those keen on regurgitation; a fine wine which really opens up the sluices at both ends.

Real emetic fans will also go for a Hobart Muddy, and a prize winning Cuivre Reserve Château Bottled Nuit San Wogga Wogga, which has a bouquet like an aborigine's armpit.

/obligatory

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2010, 05:49:19 AM »
Metadate.
Giving 110%

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2010, 06:02:00 AM »
:)
your dose is too low. split a g of crystal mdma between me and another space cadet over the entire night.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2010, 06:08:19 AM »
Adrenochrome. Now that's a trip!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2010, 06:52:45 AM »

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2010, 06:58:29 AM »
A lot of people in this country pooh-pooh Australian table wines. This is a pity as many fine Australian wines appeal not only to the Australian palate but also to the cognoscenti of Great Britain.

Black Stump Bordeaux is rightly praised as a peppermint flavoured Burgundy, whilst a good Sydney Syrup can rank with any of the world's best sugary wines.

Château Blue, too, has won many prizes; not least for its taste, and its lingering afterburn.

Old Smokey 1968 has been compared favourably to a Welsh claret, whilst the Australian Wino Society thoroughly recommends a 1970 Coq du Rod Laver, which, believe me, has a kick on it like a mule: eight bottles of this and you're really finished. At the opening of the Sydney Bridge Club, they were fishing them out of the main sewers every half an hour.

Of the sparkling wines, the most famous is Perth Pink. This is a bottle with a message in, and the message is 'beware'. This is not a wine for drinking, this is a wine for laying down and avoiding.

Another good fighting wine is Melbourne Old-and-Yellow, which is particularly heavy and should be used only for hand-to-hand combat.

Quite the reverse is true of Château Chunder, which is an appellation contrôlée, specially grown for those keen on regurgitation; a fine wine which really opens up the sluices at both ends.

Real emetic fans will also go for a Hobart Muddy, and a prize winning Cuivre Reserve Château Bottled Nuit San Wogga Wogga, which has a bouquet like an aborigine's armpit.

/obligatory

English snob.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2010, 07:01:23 AM »

English snob.

Nope. Just a Monthy Python fan.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2010, 07:03:15 AM »
Nope. Just a Monthy Python fan.

It's a running joke with the dr.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2010, 07:06:53 AM »

It's a running joke with the dr.

Sorry, didn't know you two had history.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2010, 07:10:43 AM »
Sorry, didn't know you two had history.

It's all in fun ;) :)

erokyrwrld

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2010, 07:11:27 AM »
Lexapro

As a litigation attorney, I find it a wonderful addition to assist with oral arguments.  Gone are the days of oration scattered with er's and uh's.  I can now deliver a position statement fluidly and concisely.  

Many attorney's use cocaine for a similar effect (albeit with a machine gun rapid pace), but I think this is a far better alternative.

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2010, 07:14:37 AM »

Pussy + optimism = cure for depression.

Best Stress Reliever of all time  ;D