Author Topic: State of the Union  (Read 3617 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
State of the Union
« on: January 27, 2010, 07:50:41 PM »
How did he do?

My take:

He's a great speaker, always has been.  Seemed to move a little to the center.  He's on the right track about jobs.  But, his actions don't often support his words...so most of the speach just seemed empty and hallow to me.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: State of the Union
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 07:51:47 PM »
Oh and lol at the Republican response being like a mini State of the Union.

haha

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 07:54:47 PM »
In the last week, he 'took on' big banking and slashed spending with this freeze.

Then, he talked about these actions and repubs sat there refusing to stand and applaud things that the moderates like.  it was a pretty shrewd move.  I think repubs who believe they're gonna win back congress in 10 months should stop counting their chickens before they hatch and not get so complacent.

He's still at 50% approval.  Americans still blame repubs for the economy more than Obama (see the new WSJ poll tonight).  He still has an insane senate 59 seats and what, 79 seat lead in house?

He's still clearly in charge, and it's gonna take more than a health care loss to win back the congress in the fall.  GOP, you put a newbie on for the response, weird move, but looking ahead = a great idea.  

tea party > Obama > RINOs.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 07:59:26 PM »
In the last week, he 'took on' big banking and slashed spending with this freeze.

Then, he talked about these actions and repubs sat there refusing to stand and applaud things that the moderates like.  it was a pretty shrewd move.  I think repubs who believe they're gonna win back congress in 10 months should stop counting their chickens before they hatch and not get so complacent.

Moderates support?  Are you kidding me?  It doesn't even make sense.  He's freezing some spending while trying to promote stimulus spending.  HUH?

I also noticed the Blame Bush Theme reared it's ugly head.  No shock there.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 08:11:28 PM »
eh, he didn't act like a pussy, that's all.  He took blame for things, which is a change.

then he went populist and did what many thought he would do - rah rah and cheerlead some vague shit like "punish the banks!" and "freeze spending!"

He's playing smart politics.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 08:21:25 PM »
Typical political bullshit.

After putting this nation even deeper into debt in just his first 6 months in office, Stimulus, more spending, Health "Reform", still fighting two wars....he want's to cut taxes and is now a deficit hawk?

Earmark reform? He is STILL talking about "change"? "The American people deserve a govt. that works for them"? What? It seems to only be working for the elite and the financial institutions at this juncture.

And he wants change by sticking with Bernanke, who is a Bush guy? What the fuck?

And I love his claim that the economy is "growing"....wow, if you were to take out govt. spending that "growth" would be next to nill and for what, more debt? Awesome.

But even better, fear not, he is going to throw a "JOBS BILL" out there to "create" jobs....probably meaning take money from people who earn it and create artificial ditch digging govt. jobs. Well fucking sweet.

WTF?

He of course blames Bush...when he was talking about a huge recession, huge spending, tax cuts and paying for two war, I thought he was talking about his current administration.

This was lame and transparent. It was like when Bush II was bragging about the DOW being at 12,000 in one of his SOTU speeches....good lord.

MASSIVE debt overhang, UE still 10%, housing just hit a double dip, we are out of money, still fighting 2 wars, no organic job creation, 1 trillion dollars in stimulus that has done nothing.....

UGH.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 08:23:17 PM »
He's playing smart politics.

Fixed.

Blame Bush is not smart politics (at least not at this point in his Presidency).

Promoting spending and not spending at the same time is not smart politics.

Acting like the healthcare bill failing was due to Republicans obstructionist when it's the people who don't want it, is not smart politics.

Saying that jobs for Americans is the new #1 priority, is very smart politics.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 08:28:16 PM »
Something else I found comical was his renewed call for transparency.  This was a central theme throughout his campaign, yet since he's been in office, it's been a joke.  That got a bipartisan round of applause.  They can all go fuck themselves because none of them want to give the public any transparency.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 09:21:08 PM »
Thank God I had a date with my wife. I have better things to do, then listen to Obama blame Bush for everything under the sun and claim that he saved the economy, when unemployment's at 10%

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 09:22:32 PM »

Fixed.

Blame Bush is not smart politics (at least not at this point in his Presidency).

Promoting spending and not spending at the same time is not smart politics.

Acting like the healthcare bill failing was due to Republicans obstructionist when it's the people who don't want it, is not smart politics.

Saying that jobs for Americans is the new #1 priority, is very smart politics.

Too bad it took him one year (and a political punch in the jaw, last week) to get that through his head.

The only reason he's talking about jobs NOW, is because ObamaCare is DEAD!!! This State of the Union speech was supposed to be his BIIIIIIIIIIIG chest-thumping moment in the sun, to brag about universal healthcare being passed into law.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 10:06:53 PM »
Just when it appeared that the numbers for the Democratic health care proposals passed by the House and Senate couldn't get any worse -- they have. A new poll by CNN and Opinion Research, taken from January 22 to January 24, shows that 69 percent of respondents say Congress should dump the current Democratic health care proposals and either write an entirely new health bill or stop working on the subject altogether.
"What do you think Congress should do on health care?" CNN asked. "Pass a health care bill similar to the legislation that Congress has been working on for the past year, start work on an entirely new bill, or stop working on any bills that would change the country's health care system?" Thirty percent said pass a bill similar to the current ones, while 48 percent said start work on a new bill and 21 percent said stop working on health care. Add it up, and 69 percent say Congress should either write a new bill or stop working on health care altogether. (When CNN asked only about the existing bills, 58 percent said they oppose the bills, while 38 percent say they support them.)

L

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 11:02:52 PM »
Have they increased chocolate rations again?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 06:09:23 AM »
How did he do?

My take:

He's a great speaker, always has been.  Seemed to move a little to the center.  He's on the right track about jobs.  But, his actions don't often support his words...so most of the speach just seemed empty and hallow to me.

Another complete farce and embarassment for the country. 

Only a moron believes a word he says. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 06:11:17 AM »
of course he's lying and FOS on most issues.

But politically, he held his own last night.  We could have been criticizing him for playing the bitch role and backing down last night.  isntead he came out swinging. 

He's gonna be an ice cold mofo by the end of his presidency.  Throwing out the right/wrong/BS of what he says, cause many of you get all whiny about that angle and start namecalling.  Politically though, he did okay last night.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 06:13:44 AM »

But politically, he held his own last night.  We could have been criticizing him for playing the bitch role and backing down last night.  isntead he came out swinging. 

He's gonna be an ice cold mofo by the end of his presidency.  Throwing out the right/wrong/BS of what he says, cause many of you get all whiny about that angle and start namecalling.  Politically though, he did okay last night.

Not so 240 - he called for Cap & Trade, Illegal Alien Amensty, and and repeal of DODT.

Bring it on in November Dear Reader! 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 06:17:32 AM »
His 2 biggest and loudest points were abuot attacking the banks, and freezing the debt.  He dared repubs not to stand in support.

It was a politically shrewd move. you have to admit that, even if you hate him.  He releases those 2 new initiatives the week before the State of Union, then shouts these popular moves while american idol voters are wondering why simon and ellen aren't on.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 06:20:02 AM »

Lets see,he still wants health care passed,68% of Americans dont want it.He still said he wants cap and trade passed,its very unpopular,jobless claims "unexpetedly" were up to 47,000 today up from the estimated 45,000,durable goods plumetted.You keep thinking this man can win with his words.He cant.The economy continues to plummet,all the words in the world cant change it.

By the way,questioning a ruling by the supreme court with the dumb ass dems like little Dick Durbin clapping in their favce looked great.My favorite reaction was not Alito,it was Roberts who just smirked at what a dim wit Obama is.Obama  isnt a speck on the shoe of Roberts and he dares question his ruling.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 06:21:32 AM »
His 2 biggest and loudest points were abuot attacking the banks, and freezing the debt.  He dared repubs not to stand in support.

It was a politically shrewd move. you have to admit that, even if you hate him.  He releases those 2 new initiatives the week before the State of Union, then shouts these popular moves while american idol voters are wondering why simon and ellen aren't on.

Only if you are a braindead idiot.  Geithner was seen all throughout the speech and people are not that dumb.

Everyone knows he is also FOS on spending.  

He makes Bill Clinton look like a paragon of virtue in the truth department.

I never NEVER seen a bigger, more blatant liar in my lifetime.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 06:23:06 AM »
hey, there are a lot of braindead idiots out there who will hear "going after banks" and "freeze spending" and buy it. 

If you don't think many americans are idiots, look at the 2008 results ;)  How many electoral votes did Kuscinich and Ron paul end up with?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 06:26:27 AM »
hey, there are a lot of braindead idiots out there who will hear "going after banks" and "freeze spending" and buy it. 

If you don't think many americans are idiots, look at the 2008 results ;)  How many electoral votes did Kuscinich and Ron paul end up with?

People dont believe him anymore.That was proven in New Jersey and Mass.When two of the most lib states come out to vote against YOU you know your introuble.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 06:27:48 AM »
People dont believe him anymore.That was proven in New Jersey and Mass.When two of the most lib states come out to vote against YOU you know your introuble.

When UE gets adjusted to the birth death model and official UE goes to 11.5% and this marxist/communist POFS keeps pushing amnesty for illegals, DODT. and crap and tax, 240, I am telling you, there will be MILLIONS protesting this scumbag. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 06:53:44 AM »
"People dont believe him anymore."

I guess we'll see what the polls say this week.

My guess is that after everyone sees "Obama is feisty again!" he will get a bump.

I know you guys say you're not... but I'm still in absolute shock that he's around 50% approval despite a year of this garbage. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 07:28:14 AM »
I couldn't watch but a few minutes as biden and his used car salesman grin and hyper blinking eyes in the background was too distracting.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 07:31:25 AM »
"People dont believe him anymore."

I guess we'll see what the polls say this week.

My guess is that after everyone sees "Obama is feisty again!" he will get a bump.

I know you guys say you're not... but I'm still in absolute shock that he's around 50% approval despite a year of this garbage. 

Oh brother,its the lowest rating for any president at this time in his first term.THE LOWEST.If you can find a silver lining in that ,then be my guest.Add to it,he started out at 76% approval.NEVER EVER in history has one man squandered so much.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 07:32:58 AM »
Oh brother,its the lowest rating for any president at this time in his first term.THE LOWEST.If you can find a silver lining in that ,then be my guest.Add to it,he started out at 76% approval.NEVER EVER in history has one man squandered so much.

Billy: 

I thought Clinton was a good liar. 

However, Clinton was an amatuer compared to Obama.