Author Topic: Ronnie or Stan efferding?  (Read 6080 times)

Neptune100

• Getbig III
Ronnie or Stan efferding?
« on: January 28, 2010, 11:21:48 AM »
which dumbell press do you find more impressive?  I'll take Ronnie.

Pecs

• Getbig IV
Re: Ronnie or Stan efferding?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 11:27:39 AM »
if those weights are real, 210 pound INCLINE dumbell press is crazy!

if they are real weights, stan's video is more impressive.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 11:29:11 AM »
Ya ronnie for a couple reasons.

Stan was tilting the dumbells down to reduce the ROM significantly, hate to say it but ronnies form is lightyears better. Stan is also lifting his ass so much that its pretty much a flat bench press,  there is very little incline if you watch his waist. Ronnie is like 4 weeks out of a show and lean as hell, he would be stronger with more bodyfat, so the fact that he can do that while depleted and diced to the bone is ridiculous.

Stan failed at 7-8 i think, ronnie probably could of done 13, ten pounds lighter but i would venture he would of done the 210s for 8-10, obviously just a geuss.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 11:29:38 AM »
ronnie, better form

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 11:37:41 AM »
Ya ronnie for a couple reasons.

Stan was tilting the dumbells down to reduce the ROM significantly, hate to say it but ronnies form is lightyears better. Stan is also lifting his ass so much that its pretty much a flat bench press,  there is very little incline if you watch his waist. Ronnie is like 4 weeks out of a show and lean as hell, he would be stronger with more bodyfat, so the fact that he can do that while depleted and diced to the bone is ridiculous.

Stan failed at 7-8 i think, ronnie probably could of done 13, ten pounds lighter but i would venture he would of done the 210s for 8-10, obviously just a geuss.

I said this before and Bob Chick and company were on Stan's balls tighter than a pubic hair knot.
Even though I was arguing that Stan had a monster arc, I should have said that Stan was practically standing up and his ass was off the seat.

Also I do believe Ronnie also did the 200's on incline press before or after the flat bench. Which is more impressive to me.

spinnis

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 11:47:12 AM »
Well, Stan IS stronger though.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 12:03:53 PM »
We don't know. Ronnie from what I know has never maxxed out. That vid of Ronnie is a few weeks out from the Mr. O, something one doesn't "just get in shape" for like Stan's pro card win. Ronnie is of course dealing with the elite and is a defending Mr. O, so he at that stage of conditioning (even when the vid was shot) is far better than what Stan has ever had.

Plus, this was a chest workout, not a fresh set.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 12:13:28 PM »
All of Ronnie's lifts are gym lifts.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 01:03:38 PM »
ronnie did db flats first then went to db inclines so surely if he woulda done inclines first no doubt he woulda did a higher number of reps than he did  (think he did like 6-8 inclines in the vid and he even mentioned went gassed out from the 12 before, wether it was the incline set of flat set)  or he coulda handled a heavier weight instead of more reps.
both are impressive but i'd edge it to ronnine because of this^^^ and other posters pov's that were mentioned.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 01:23:30 PM »
Ronnie is way better on these - he's actually training

the eff is just showing small penis syndrome...

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 02:14:50 PM »
We don't know. Ronnie from what I know has never maxxed out. That vid of Ronnie is a few weeks out from the Mr. O, something one doesn't "just get in shape" for like Stan's pro card win. Ronnie is of course dealing with the elite and is a defending Mr. O, so he at that stage of conditioning (even when the vid was shot) is far better than what Stan has ever had.

Plus, this was a chest workout, not a fresh set.

agree

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 02:15:37 PM »
I said this before and Bob Chick and company were on Stan's balls tighter than a pubic hair knot.
Even though I was arguing that Stan had a monster arc, I should have said that Stan was practically standing up and his ass was off the seat.

Also I do believe Ronnie also did the 200's on incline press before or after the flat bench. Which is more impressive to me.

yep
and he did the incline dbs (in the vid) after he did flat.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 02:22:51 PM »
I like how effortlessly Ronnie gets the 200s into position.  Looks like me setting up the 65s!

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 02:32:48 PM »
I think Ronnie would have to do a powerlifting meet so we could see his numbers.  Stan is a really good powerlifter

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 02:53:11 PM »

who cares...Ronnie HAS a chest to show for these 200 pound dumbells..

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 04:36:08 PM »

oh shoot,,, lol

good point meso, this is bodybuliding.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 04:56:11 PM »
Tough call, Ronnie could no doubt do the 210lbs for around 9-10. He gets 7 reps with the 200lb INCLINES after he finishes with flat dumbells. Form is better I think, smoother, working the muslce not just bouncing them off his chest. However Eff is damn impressive, not many guys can make them look that light, here's Chris Cormier, widely regarded as one of the strongest pros, struggling like a mofo.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 01:26:58 AM »
Tough call, Ronnie could no doubt do the 210lbs for around 9-10. He gets 7 reps with the 200lb INCLINES after he finishes with flat dumbells. Form is better I think, smoother, working the muslce not just bouncing them off his chest. However Eff is damn impressive, not many guys can make them look that light, here's Chris Cormier, widely regarded as one of the strongest pros, struggling like a mofo.

chris did a heavy set of inclines before that...

that Stan "Effedrine" should stick to powerlifting. horrible structure for bb, flat everywhere.

spinnis

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 04:27:11 AM »

didnt know the thread was about who has the best pecs lol