Author Topic: Top 3 Mr.O winners of all time.  (Read 1536 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Top 3 Mr.O winners of all time.
« on: January 29, 2010, 06:26:08 AM »
Top 3 Mr.O of all time :

Arnold = 7x Mr.O (in 71 won without competing, controversial win over Sergio in 72', and the 1980 Mr.O is simply the  stain on his jacket)

Ronnie = 8x Mr.O (controversial win in 01 over Jay, lost a contest to Gunter in 02', lost his last two showing at the O, and started to make a full of himself for cash showing his physique out of shape the following years.)

Lee H. = 8x Mr.O (retired as a champ) known as a class act.

Woooooshshshshshshshshshsh

jprc10

• Getbig III
Re: Top 3 Mr.O winners of all time.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 06:44:33 AM »
I would put Dorian instead of Arnold, maybe.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 06:46:00 AM »
I would put Dorian instead of Arnold, maybe.

blasphemy...

it's ok because you said maybe.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 06:50:35 AM »
I don't think anyone of those 3 have any controversial wins (that I am aware atleast). Yeah the 1980 is of course controversial, but only in some people's head while (I hope) the majority sees it like it is. Ronnie won Jay in 2001 fair and square.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 06:51:13 AM »
-Dorian '93
-Ronnie '98
-Bannout '83

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 06:57:37 AM »
I say:

Arnie
Ronnie
Dorian

But it's so hard to judge. Arnie popularised BB so has to win. Haney could easily top the list depending on the criteria. But Arnie, Haney, Dorian and Ronnie must be the top 4 mostly because of their large number of wins, but also because each one marked a step forward in one or more departments. Sergio should realy make the least for this reason too, but since Arnie beat him at his best it's hard to keep him on there.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 07:02:09 AM »
I say:

Arnie
Ronnie
Dorian

But it's so hard to judge. Arnie popularised BB so has to win. Haney could easily top the list depending on the criteria. But Arnie, Haney, Dorian and Ronnie must be the top 4 mostly because of their large number of wins, but also because each one marked a step forward in one or more departments. Sergio should realy make the least for this reason too, but since Arnie beat him at his best it's hard to keep him on there.

Did he really beat him? You're talking about '72, I guess. Many will beg to differ.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 07:02:20 AM »
-Dorian '93
-Ronnie '98
-Bannout '83

+1

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 07:04:15 AM »
Wasn't there an O in the 80s sometime that was drug tested or something like that and Haney came in looking pretty bad?  Could be way off but I seem to recall hearing something like that.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 07:07:38 AM »
Wasn't there an O in the 80s sometime that was drug tested or something like that and Haney came in looking pretty bad?  Could be way off but I seem to recall hearing something like that.

90 was tested but well, those tests weren't exactly "accurate". Haney came way off like most others, Labrada was the one to look the closest to his best. One of those very controversial wins.Most people I've heard talking about it who actually attended say Labrada should have won. Strange you don't hear him flooding this board about this.

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 10:12:07 AM »
Top four are definitely (in no particular order) 1-Arnold 2-Yates 3-Haney 4-Ronnie.  Narrowing that to three is very difficult, however, because each one dominated their respective era.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 10:35:58 AM »
I started a thread like this awhile ago but here again top 3.

Arnold
Dorian
Coleman.

Runnerup = Haney

Done.