Author Topic: Obama orders Justice Dept. to look for other places to hold 9/11 Terror Trials.  (Read 1672 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
White House orders Justice Department to look for other places to hold 9/11 terror trial
NY Daily News ^ | 01/28/2010 | Thomas M. Defrank and Samuel Goldsmith

Posted on Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:22:29 PM by Pyro7480

White House officials have told the Justice Department to consider other venues for the 9/11 terror trial that was to be held in lower Manhattan, the Daily News has learned.

The decision came after Mayor Bloomberg and other politicians across the state railed against President Obama's plan to try Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in Manhattan Federal Court....

It was not immediately clear if the reassessment means the trial will definitely be moved out of the city.

(Excerpt) Read more at nydailynews.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ________________

See people - organizing, protesting, and contacting these people can work to CHANGE horrible policies of the govt. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Palin changed positions on Cap/Trade and bailout bill.

Brown (mass) changed positions on healthcare.

Rudy and Mitt were pro-illegal, anti-gun libbies.

They all had beliefs that took a lifetime to form, and changed the moment public opinion or party lines determined it would be politically beneficial to do so.

This is the same thing.  O planned on getting a nice public trial for these guys, decided the cost/backlash would be too much, and now is gonna move it to Podunk, Cuba for a swifter trial.  If you're gonna shit on Obama for changing positions with the wind, you'd better take your ex-lax, cause there's a lot more shitting to be done.  Every politician does this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Palin changed positions on Cap/Trade and bailout bill.

Brown (mass) changed positions on healthcare.

Rudy and Mitt were pro-illegal, anti-gun libbies.

They all had beliefs that took a lifetime to form, and changed the moment public opinion or party lines determined it would be politically beneficial to do so.

This is the same thing.  O planned on getting a nice public trial for these guys, decided the cost/backlash would be too much, and now is gonna move it to Podunk, Cuba for a swifter trial.  If you're gonna shit on Obama for changing positions with the wind, you'd better take your ex-lax, cause there's a lot more shitting to be done.  Every politician does this.

Schumer/Bloomberg/Feinstein/King/Patterson and all of the other local pols are screaming over this. 

Obama did not change his mind 240 - his own party is revolting against him since he is exposing himself as a marxist ideologue. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Why do you not want them to be held here?

I mean, serious question?  You bring them to the site marking their attack on our country and you hand them the death sentence in the very country they hate so much.  That is adding insult to injury there.  They don't get be tried somewhere else.  They get tried in a country they hate, by the citizens they tried to kill, and they die here. 

If I had my way, I would even have them taken to the hallowed grounds where Twin Towers stood and publicly have the lethal injection administered.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I mean, serious question?  You bring them to the site marking their attack on our country and you hand them the death sentence in the very country they hate so much.  That is adding insult to injury there.  They don't get be tried somewhere else.  They get tried in a country they hate, by the citizens they tried to kill, and they die here. 

If I had my way, I would even have them taken to the hallowed grounds where Twin Towers stood and publicly have the lethal injection administered.

Because I live here and work here and know that this fiasco is going to put a ton of small businesses out of business and cost the city a fortune we dont have, not to mention the hit on tourim, traffic, mobility, and basically shutting the city down.

This should be in a military tribunal, not NYC.  Remember the pentagon was hit in the same attack as the WTC.  How about we hold the trial in the pentagon instead?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
200 ppl died at pentagon.  2700 died in NYC.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
200 ppl died at pentagon.  2700 died in NYC.

So?  Part of the same attack no? 

Every day on local TV we have small businesses screaming that they will lose their livihoods because of this.  And for what 240?  FOR FUCKING WHAT? 

Is Dear Reader going to replace their incomes? 

No, he wants to gamble with our safety, spend all our money, all for a cheap political stunt. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
hey, I think if they have the evidence, they should hold the trial at gitmo and hang em.

but if they NEED emotion to convict in lieu of evidence, then yeah, NYC would be the place that makes the most sense.  part of using emotion to convict is location, location, location.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV

Great..except that isn't what would happen. It would be a 3 ring circus. In ring 1, the terrorists will use the trial to spread their propaganda. In ring 2, the terrorists' lawyers will demand all evidence against them be thrown out since: they were not read their Miranda rights, confessions were coerced through "Harsh interrogation methods." 3. The attorneys will force the CIA and the government to turn over very sensitive classified intelligence on various strategies and procedures used in apprehending the suspects. ..and if they won't comply, the attorneys will call for a mis-trial or a non-guilty verdict. And if they can find enough lefties on the jury, the reality is they could go free. It should be a military tribunal. They are enemy combatants, not common criminals of the US afforded american civil rights.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Great..except that isn't what would happen. It would be a 3 ring circus. In ring 1, the terrorists will use the trial to spread their propaganda. In ring 2, the terrorists' lawyers will demand all evidence against them be thrown out since: they were not read their Miranda rights, confessions were coerced through "Harsh interrogation methods." 3. The attorneys will force the CIA and the government to turn over very sensitive classified intelligence on various strategies and procedures used in apprehending the suspects. ..and if they won't comply, the attorneys will call for a mis-trial or a non-guilty verdict. And if they can find enough lefties on the jury, the reality is they could go free. It should be a military tribunal. They are enemy combatants, not common criminals of the US afforded american civil rights.

Those are the legal arguments, in which you are correct. 

To me, the day to day impact on NYC is horrific all for a cheap stunt for Obama.  I am down there all the time and this will literally cripple the city with all the security, etc.  . 

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
hey, I think if they have the evidence, they should hold the trial at gitmo and hang em.

but if they NEED emotion to convict in lieu of evidence, then yeah, NYC would be the place that makes the most sense.  part of using emotion to convict is location, location, location.

You're walking dangerous ground...while not getting into the location of the trial, emotion should NEVER, EVER, be used to convict.  Hard evidence is what should be used.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
You're walking dangerous ground...while not getting into the location of the trial, emotion should NEVER, EVER, be used to convict.  Hard evidence is what should be used.

How about a confession and request to be executed like KSM did. 

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
How about a confession and request to be executed like KSM did. 

No, because that is what that fucker wanted.  Confession?  Sure, accept it, then do what Ron White says and throw him in a cell with Bubba and make him lick jelly out of his butt for the rest of his life. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No, because that is what that fucker wanted.  Confession?  Sure, accept it, then do what Ron White says and throw him in a cell with Bubba and make him lick jelly out of his butt for the rest of his life. 

Fine, but we dont have to spend 1 Billion Dollars in the process.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
'You're walking dangerous ground...while not getting into the location of the trial, emotion should NEVER, EVER, be used to convict.  Hard evidence is what should be used."

Cheney ADMITTED that KSM didn't confess shit until he was waterboarded for over 2 minutes.

There is NO CONFESSION in a court of law once a guy is tortured.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
An interesting point of view is holding it on a military base, but keeping it in front of a federal judge.  Seems to me like a good compromise, it's going to be safe and secure, it's away from the public i.e. manhatten and it's still going to be a federal trial.  What would you think 333 if it was held on a secure military facility?
Abandon every hope...

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum

Never been to the ME have you? You just might be surprised how sexually confused the male population is over there. KSM might actually like it.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
An interesting point of view is holding it on a military base, but keeping it in front of a federal judge.  Seems to me like a good compromise, it's going to be safe and secure, it's away from the public i.e. manhatten and it's still going to be a federal trial.  What would you think 333 if it was held on a secure military facility?

How about they get a military tribunal, and they should be thankful they get that. You can try to argue venue, but proceedure is the real issue here.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

kcballer

• Getbig V
How about they get a military tribunal, and they should be thankful they get that. You can try to argue venue, but proceedure is the real issue here.

And if the supreme court rules certain parts of a military tribunal unconstitutional or illegal then what? This is why the Bush admin never went with the MT.  The two cases that were put there went back to federal court for this very reason. 

The rule of law can be broken by no man, no matter how much heinous the crime. 
Abandon every hope...

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
Hold it in Haiti
RIP Bob Probert

kcballer

• Getbig V
Bump for 333 response
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I oppose Federal Criminal Procedure applying to this case since these TERRORISTS were not captured using standard criminal justice procedures and do not deserve constitutional rights either under our constitution or the Geneva Convention. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
I oppose Federal Criminal Procedure applying to this case since these TERRORISTS were not captured using standard criminal justice procedures and do not deserve constitutional rights either under our constitution or the Geneva Convention. 

But what of the issue of the SC finding things illegal or unconstitutional during a MT?  Bush already set precedent and as i said two that were sent to MT were sent back to federal court. 
Abandon every hope...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

thats nasty