Author Topic: GOP to meet privately with lobbyists - and the circle continues...  (Read 1302 times)

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
The day after President Barack Obama urged members of Congress to be more transparent about their interactions with lobbyists, the House Republican Caucus headed up Interstate 95 for a retreat where they will be able to mingle privately with lobbyists.

The annual retreat, sponsored by a non-profit group called the Congressional Institute, is meant to be a chance for members to escape the Beltway to talk about big ideas, hear from rising stars in the party, media pundits, and even visit with President Obama, who will address the caucus Friday.

::) why am i not surprised.  bought and paid for GOP. 
Abandon every hope...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: GOP to meet privately with lobbyists - and the circle continues...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 01:07:42 PM »
The day after President Barack Obama urged members of Congress to be more transparent about their interactions with lobbyists, the House Republican Caucus headed up Interstate 95 for a retreat where they will be able to mingle privately with lobbyists.

The annual retreat, sponsored by a non-profit group called the Congressional Institute, is meant to be a chance for members to escape the Beltway to talk about big ideas, hear from rising stars in the party, media pundits, and even visit with President Obama, who will address the caucus Friday.

::) why am i not surprised.  bought and paid for GOP. 

Incredibly Hussein Obama will be there as well.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 01:14:34 PM »
KC - READ THIS AND CRAWL BACK UNDER YOUR PATHETIC ROCK. 
________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _____

After Obama rips lobbyists, K Street insiders get private policy briefings
By Bob Cusack - 01/28/10 11:02 AM ET
WWW.THEHILL.COM

________________________ ________________________ ____________

A day after bashing lobbyists, President Barack Obama’s administration has invited K Street insiders to join private briefings on a range of topics addressed in Wednesday’s State of the Union.

The Treasury Department on Thursday morning invited selected individuals to “a series of conference calls with senior Obama administration officials to discuss key aspects of the State of the Union address.”

The invitation, which went to a variety of stakeholders, was sent by Fred Baldassaro, a senior adviser at the Treasury Department’s Office of Business Affairs and Public Liaison.

The invitation stated, “The White House is encouraging you to participate in these calls and will have a question and answer session at the end of each call. As a reminder, these calls are not intended for press purposes.”

The calls are scheduled to begin at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, with the first topic being job creation and economic growth.

Another call, at 1 p.m., is on government reform and transparency. Republicans have criticized the Obama White House for not being more transparent in its discussions with Congress on healthcare reform. Obama recently acknowledged that the legislative process has not been as open as he promised on the campaign trail.

Other issues that will be addressed on Thursday include education, climate change and healthcare reform.

A handful of lobbyists told The Hill on Thursday morning that they received the invitations and were planning to call in.

Some lobbyists say they are extremely frustrated with the White House for criticizing them and then seeking their feedback. Others note that Democrats on Capitol Hill constantly urge them to make political donations.

One lobbyist said, “Bash lobbyists, then reach out to us. Bash lobbyists [while] I have received four Democratic invitations for fundraisers.”

In his State of the Union on Wednesday, Obama once again targeted K Street: “We face a deficit of trust — deep and corrosive doubts about how Washington works that have been growing for years.  To close that credibility gap, we have to take action on both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue — to end the outsized influence of lobbyists; to do our work openly; to give our people the government they deserve.”

The Treasury Department referred The Hill’s request for comment to the White House, which at press time had not responded to questions on this issue.

On Thursday afternoon, White House spokesman Josh Earnest stated in an e-mail, "As part of our effort to reach out and engage with the public and policymakers, it is standard for our outreach team to organize a conference call, so that we can include people who are not in Washington, after a major speech or announcement through the president's priorities. These calls are targeted at a diverse group of community and government leaders including mayors, governors, faith groups, women's organizations, representatives from the African American and Latino communities to share as much information about the administration's agenda as possible. The calls, which include question-and-answer sessions, typically include hundreds of people from across the country..."

Lobbyists say the Obama White House has held many off-the-record teleconferences over the past year.

For example, lobbyists and others were invited to a teleconference with “senior Obama administration officials” on Monday to discuss the administration’s plan to improve the lives of middle-class families.

The invitation, which is addressed to “Friends,” emphasizes in bold and italics that “this call is for background information only and not intended for press purposes.” It advises callers to tell the operator “you’re joining the ‘White House Briefing Call.’ ”

Another lobbyist said these types of teleconferences occur “all the time.”

And that is why many on K Street are exasperated with Obama’s use of lobbyists as a punching bag. Some have said they understood why he used strong rhetoric on the campaign trail but are irritated the White House solicits their opinions while Obama’s friends in Congress badger them for political donations.

This article was updated at 12:11 p.m. and at 4:50 p.m.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _

KC = OWNED OWNED OWNED OWNED OWNED

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 01:22:08 PM »
How am i owned?  I never said Obama and the dems didn't meet with them either.  This thread was about the GOP, not the dems.  Hence the circle continues, you would need two halves to create a circle would you not?  One half GOP, one half dems with lobbyists in the middle. 

For all your bashing of obama you've yet to say anything about the GOP.  funny that
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 01:26:31 PM »
How am i owned?  I never said Obama and the dems didn't meet with them either.  This thread was about the GOP, not the dems.  Hence the circle continues, you would need two halves to create a circle would you not?  One half GOP, one half dems with lobbyists in the middle. 

For all your bashing of obama you've yet to say anything about the GOP.  funny that

Why should I?  They are not controlling anything.  I applaud them for not going along with this admn on health care, the stim bill or crap & tax. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 01:33:16 PM »
Why should I?  They are not controlling anything.  I applaud them for not going along with this admn on health care, the stim bill or crap & tax. 

So you love lobbyists in congress?  good to know.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 01:37:15 PM »
So you love lobbyists in congress?  good to know.

They are a fact of life.  Unless you are prepared to repeal the first amendment, you are not going to get rid of lobbysits. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 01:57:56 PM »
They are a fact of life.  Unless you are prepared to repeal the first amendment, you are not going to get rid of lobbysits. 

What about an opening of doors so to speak?  I support a complete and easy to access list of all meetings lobbyists have with member of congress and i do not support behind closed doors meetings.  The public have a right to know that their elected officials are not beholden to corporate interests. 

it's we the PEOPLE not we the LOBBYISTS

Reign them in don't you think 333?  Reign in blood Obama! haha
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 02:04:09 PM »
What about an opening of doors so to speak?  I support a complete and easy to access list of all meetings lobbyists have with member of congress and i do not support behind closed doors meetings.  The public have a right to know that their elected officials are not beholden to corporate interests. 

it's we the PEOPLE not we the LOBBYISTS

Reign them in don't you think 333?  Reign in blood Obama! haha

Who is the NRA?  Lobbyists
Who is the Sierra Club - Lobbysits
Who is the ACLU - Lobbysits
Who is the AFT and AFL/CIO - Lobbyists.

This is just another idiotic diversion by Dear Messiah. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 02:06:00 PM »
Who is the NRA?  Lobbyists
Who is the Sierra Club - Lobbysits
Who is the ACLU - Lobbysits
Who is the AFT and AFL/CIO - Lobbyists.

This is just another idiotic diversion by Dear Messiah. 

And they should all have to disclose their dealings with congress.  Wouldn't you want to know if the anti-gun lobby was buying off senators before you voted?

It's what Slayer would want 333 are you with them or against them?
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 02:12:00 PM »
As long as there is full disclosure, I am fine with them lobbying. 

I like the fact that my $35.00 NRS membership gets me such a loud voice in DC. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 02:17:01 PM »
As long as there is full disclosure, I am fine with them lobbying. 

I like the fact that my $35.00 NRS membership gets me such a loud voice in DC. 

That's all i'm asking for - full disclosure.  I don't belong to any gun clubs or lobby's myself i prefer to shoot animals not paper. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 02:19:03 PM »
That's all i'm asking for - full disclosure.  I don't belong to any gun clubs or lobby's myself i prefer to shoot animals not paper. 

If I shoot any of the animals in my hood in the Bronx, I will get a 1st degree murder rap. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 02:21:37 PM »
If I shoot any of the animals in my hood in the Bronx, I will get a 1st degree murder rap. 

Gotta head to the woods 333.  Nature is your friend.  There is nothing like cross country skiing to a cabin, waking up early, skiing out to kill something, coming back and cooking it.  That's what winter is all about.  Besides endless powder to ski of course.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 02:22:46 PM »
Gotta head to the woods 333.  Nature is your friend.  There is nothing like cross country skiing to a cabin, waking up early, skiing out to kill something, coming back and cooking it.  That's what winter is all about.  Besides endless powder to ski of course.

Yeah, I live in a concrete jungle KC.  No skiing here.

BTW - go watch the shiff video I posted and learn something.   

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 02:23:55 PM »
Yeah, I live in a concrete jungle KC.  No skiing here.

BTW - go watch the shiff video I posted and learn something.   

it's called getting out 333.  You should try it.  Fresh air and all that sh*t.  Plus meat just tastes better when it isn't handled by illegals.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 02:25:32 PM »
it's called getting out 333.  You should try it.  Fresh air and all that sh*t.  Plus meat just tastes better when it isn't handled by illegals.

Bro - in NYC - its 24/7 rat race. 

Work, Lift, Drink, Sleep, Repeat. 

James

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 02:25:53 PM »

Roll Eyes why am i not surprised.  bought and paid for GOP.

Are you as outraged over Obama being present, as you are over the Republicans ?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 02:29:21 PM »

KC seems like a nice guy but he really has blinders on. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 02:33:34 PM »

Obama is an elected official, not a lobbyist.  I would and am outraged when dems meet with left wing lobbyists or insurance companies behind closed doors.  Open for all. 
Abandon every hope...

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 02:40:10 PM »
This is exactly the type of issue I worry about given the Supreme Court's most recent ruling.  If it's this bad now, on both sides, I keep projecting that it's going to be even worse when businesses can just flaunt their will in the faces of everyone.

Yes, not all lobbyists work for business, but if the one's who do have our politicians by the ear now, they'll soon have them by the dick.

And I think it's fairly obvious that the only transparency we're going to see is at next years State of the Union address when Barry tells us again that government should be transparent.

James

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2010, 02:40:45 PM »
Obama is an elected official, not a lobbyist.  I would and am outraged when dems meet with left wing lobbyists or insurance companies behind closed doors.  Open for all.

Then why did you only mention in this post that republicans were meeting with lobbyists, when Obama and the Democtrats are meeting with lobbyists as well ?

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 02:46:41 PM »
Then why did you only mention in this post that republicans were meeting with lobbyists, when Obama and the Democtrats are meeting with lobbyists as well ?

Because at the time of posting Jimmy old boy, this was the article i was looking at.  I already knew the dems met with them hence my circle is complete referring to both parties involved in this.   :-*  That suit you slim jim?
Abandon every hope...

James

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 02:55:00 PM »
Because at the time of posting Jimmy old boy, this was the article i was looking at.  I already knew the dems met with them hence my circle is complete referring to both parties involved in this.   Kiss  That suit you slim jim?

You are full of shit.

You thought you found something that you could call the Republicans out on, when all you did was make a fool of yourself.

circle, half circle, complete circle.................. LMAO !!!!!!!