Author Topic: Looks like the War with Iran is about to go down.  (Read 4336 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Looks like the War with Iran is about to go down.
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 10:00:41 PM »
Obama should give one week notice to Iran to evacuate, then after that week , nuke that shit fucking hole and be done with the fuckers. Then pak, afg, after, then our troops could come home, and we wouldn't be spending billions just pussy footing around with these pieces of shit.
you don't nuke Oil rich countries...Oh yeah, just  blow up refineries, Oil rigs, and just try capping those things...Milions, if not billions of gallons wasted. Blow up museums containing some of the oldest artifacts in the world. Right bright idea, huh?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 04:56:13 AM »
I've already read Ike's speech, thanks though. I get your point and do agree that he was the iron fist that kept things in line, more or less. But what happens after the U.S. totally leaves the country or pulls out and leaves nothing but a skeleton force and a large diplomatic contingent, is anyone's guess. I tend to be more optimistic in this regard. It won't be a paradise or even a largely tight and focused govt. for a long long time. Lots can go right and lots can go wrong.

In the end, what was the invasion for in the long term? Putting a vice grip on Iran? A blocking move on China? Oil? Bases? A friendly govt. that will buy our weapons and see things our way?

I believe it to be all of the above, but war with Iran right now would send an economic shock wave and cause mass instability in the region. Will it be an air campaign with special forces and CIA incursions? A ground offense reminiscent of OIF? What do we plan on doing afterwards?

Or do we just support the dissidents and let the cards fall where they may?
Good post. Well written.
G

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 05:27:30 AM »
We aren't doing anything...the Gov wants to avoid an out of control arms race when and if Iran goes nuke. If we have missile ships and Patriots spred around, the other arab countries are less likely to build their own. Most of these places are one good car bomb away from nutbags rulership. We are better off letting the unrest spread and when it looks like a little help either economic or "whatever" will tip things, then we could get invloved. Our folks here spend alot of time shipping things to Afghanistan...our tanks have'nt rolled in months. Most of our MRAPs are headed to Gare's neck of the woods.
L