Author Topic: Cap & Trade Dead? Obama's 2010 Budget no longer counts revenue from bill.  (Read 3581 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama budget omits cap-and-trade revenues: official
Jeff Mason
WASHINGTON
www.reuters.com

Mon Feb 1, 2010 9:09am ESTRelated NewsSnap Analysis: Winners and losers in Obama's new budget
9:08am ESTU.S. formally embraces Copenhagen climate deal

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _

Thu, Jan 28 2010WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House has dropped projected revenues from a "cap-and-trade" mechanism to fight climate change from its new budget, an administration official said, bowing to the possibility that the U.S. Congress may not pass it.

Last year the Obama administration forecast revenues of $646 billion in the years 2012-2019 from an emissions trading program that formed the crux of its proposal to fight global warming.

The legislation that contains that proposal is now stalled in the U.S. Senate and cap-and-trade, which sets limits on greenhouse gas emissions and allows companies to trade permits to pollute, may be cut from a final bill if one is passed.

"The $646 billion revenue projection is no longer in the budget," the administration official told Reuters.

"Unlike last year, we do not show an assumed amount of cap-and-trade revenue since the exact nature of the legislation remains in flux," the official said.

The trading system had been the keystone to President Barack Obama's plan to reduce emissions blamed for global warming. He did not mention cap-and-trade last week in his State of the Union address, but did call for Congress to pass a comprehensive climate bill.

Some interpreted his omission of cap-and-trade as a signal that he would not actively pursue wide-ranging climate legislation this year. White House aides, however, still are working to advance legislation among lawmakers.

The official said the administration would insist any climate legislation be paid for without adding to the deficit.

"We assume neither a specific spending and revenue level -- but stand by the same principle that the policy as a whole must be deficit-neutral," he said.

The $646 billion figure a year ago was based on a presumption that a U.S. law to limit emissions would be in place by 2012. A climate law is crucial to Obama's efforts to get international momentum behind efforts to fight global warming and craft a follow-up pact to the Kyoto Protocol.

The Obama administration formally embraced the Copenhagen Accord on global warming, which the president helped negotiate, last week.

The Obama administration is also pushing the Environmental Protection Agency to move toward regulating greenhouse gases in an effort to push companies to support climate legislation.

The budget includes more than $6 billion in funding for clean energy technologies, aimed at helping cutting dangerous emissions. Most of that money is focused on research, development and demonstration projects, the White House said.

The House of Representatives already has passed a bill with a cap-and-trade component.

A Senate version still is in the works but chances of passage may be hindered by the looming election in November as lawmakers fear the repercussions of supporting a measure that some say would drive up energy costs for consumers.

(Editing by Russell Blinch and Bill Trott)

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _______

The Obama administration is also pushing the Environmental Protection Agency to move toward regulating greenhouse gases in an effort to push companies to support climate legislation.

In the regular world people go to jail for that as extortion or blackmail.  But not Obama, this is thug politics mafia style. 

BTW - Obama's dropping this from the budget is an admittion that this is nothing more than a massive tax increase on consumers. 

Remember this gem? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Cap & Trade Dead? Obama's 2010 Budget no longer counts revenue from bill.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 08:05:00 AM »
Stunning.  You cant blame Bush for all of this. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 09:46:24 AM »
Hey, maybe obama finally saw the light on it and changed positions.  Palin did ;)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 10:29:35 AM »
Hey, maybe obama finally saw the light on it and changed positions.  Palin did ;)

I doubt Obama ever changes his mind.Ideologues don't change their minds.They simply disguise what they are doing and try to ram it through the back door.Just like Obama sat in Rev. Wrights church for twenty years,he still HATES whites but now smiles in their face and disguises it.Obama will still push health care,cap and trade and card check and if he cant pass it he will backdoor it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 10:47:52 AM »
I doubt Obama ever changes his mind.Ideologues don't change their minds.They simply disguise what they are doing and try to ram it through the back door.Just like Obama sat in Rev. Wrights church for twenty years,he still HATES whites but now smiles in their face and disguises it.Obama will still push health care,cap and trade and card check and if he cant pass it he will backdoor it.

I like how they are using the EPA as the extortion tool to have companies bow down. 

Fuck Obama - he is a marxist by his actions. 

I dont give a crap any of his idiotic speeches, its his action that tell the tale. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 10:53:14 AM »
It's a good call to not include this currently.  However, a cap needs to be done and a carbon trade system is a highly viable economic model for reducing and offsetting long term costs for business and increasing incentives to stay below the cap.  This does need to be regulated strictly as it can be manipulated. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 10:57:52 AM »
It's a good call to not include this currently.  However, a cap needs to be done and a carbon trade system is a highly viable economic model for reducing and offsetting long term costs for business and increasing incentives to stay below the cap.  This does need to be regulated strictly as it can be manipulated. 

Ha ha!!!!

Show where it worked KC?  Europe where they got 25% increase in electric bills and over 6 billion in fraud PEr YEAR? 

GS owns 1/2 the trading floor for this insanity and you are ok with that?

Even the founders of cap & trade now say its a failure and a farce.  But I guess you wont take their word for it, so long as Dear Reader is ok with it right? 

Unreal.  GW is fake, climate change is fake, and more evidence came out this weekend proving 99% of the claims of the marxist left is based on utter bs. 

I can not believe any decent American would ever go along with this NWO gift.   

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 11:05:11 AM »
Ha ha!!!!

Show where it worked KC?  Europe where they got 25% increase in electric bills and over 6 billion in fraud PEr YEAR? 

GS owns 1/2 the trading floor for this insanity and you are ok with that?

Even the founders of cap & trade now say its a failure and a farce.  But I guess you wont take their word for it, so long as Dear Reader is ok with it right? 

Unreal.  GW is fake, climate change is fake, and more evidence came out this weekend proving 99% of the claims of the marxist left is based on utter bs. 

I can not believe any decent American would ever go along with this NWO gift.   

I've told you many times.  It worked with Bush 1 in the 1990 clean air bill.  That brought about a cap and trade like system to keep the air clean.  It worked perfectly fine.  Europe's mistakes are ours to learn from. 

Your continued denial of science is akin to the world is flat argument.  People like you will have us all fighting world wars in 100 years because the population will be much greater and water in far less abundance.  Pity really you're a typical city kid.  Can't see anything but concrete and dollar signs.  Maybe if you saw just how beautiful America and the world really are and the real world changes pollution is causing you might change your mind. 
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 11:07:41 AM »
FWIW i support a cap and trade like bill not necessarily the one that passed the house of reps  :-*
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 11:10:22 AM »
I've told you many times.  It worked with Bush 1 in the 1990 clean air bill.  That brought about a cap and trade like system to keep the air clean.  It worked perfectly fine.  Europe's mistakes are ours to learn from. 

Your continued denial of science is akin to the world is flat argument.  People like you will have us all fighting world wars in 100 years because the population will be much greater and water in far less abundance.  Pity really you're a typical city kid.  Can't see anything but concrete and dollar signs.  Maybe if you saw just how beautiful America and the world really are and the real world changes pollution is causing you might change your mind. 

Do you even read? 

Just this past weekend, further evidence surfaced that more of the claims of the UN Climate Council were based on utter bs. 

You are the one denying the science, not me. 

This entire "issue" from day one has been nothing but one of fraud, NWO fantasies, and greedy pigs in the enviro movt seeking to tax me more.   

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 11:14:06 AM »

Yeah that science that keeps comming up bullshit?

Cap and Trade is nothing more than another attempt to destory the middle class, same with Global Warming\Climate Change or whatever else you want to call it. There will be 2 classes if this bullshit should ever happen to pass the Rich and government dependants, and its because of people like you who believe any crisis the UN throws out there that this scam is even remotely possible.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 11:18:16 AM »

Cap and Trade is nothing more than another attempt to destory the middle class, same with Global Warming\Climate Change or whatever else you want to call it. There will be 2 classes if this bullshit should ever happen to pass the Rich and government dependants, and its because of people like you who believe any crisis the UN throws out there that this scam is even remotely possible.

A guy like KC will never ever believe the daily findings showing this is a scam.Whats amazing though  is,by their own admission,the cap and trade bill will have almost ZERO effect on global warming.So,we are going to wreck the economy,which is what Obama wants,to have almost zero effect on global warming.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 11:20:59 AM »
Do you even read? 

Just this past weekend, further evidence surfaced that more of the claims of the UN Climate Council were based on utter bs. 

You are the one denying the science, not me. 

This entire "issue" from day one has been nothing but one of fraud, NWO fantasies, and greedy pigs in the enviro movt seeking to tax me more.   

I'm not denying science in the slightest.  I'm supporting the beliefs of all major scientific academies in every western country around the world. 

I'm no fan of the IPCC's latest fu*k up regarding the glacial melt.  I believe that mistake was made for funding for a corrupt member who after making the 2035 claim, was given millions to investigate it further.  That type of nonsense is not needed in this debate. 

However that is one line in a 300+ page document.  Just the other day a scientist was commenting on getting rid of that guy because it sully's his image and his lifes work as a climate scientist. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 11:21:22 AM »

"Climate Change" is nothing more than a phoney rouse to sucker in idiots to go along with the NWO agenda without calling it a religion.  

"Climate Change" is a perfect scam on every level.  

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 11:24:12 AM »
I'm not denying science in the slightest.  I'm supporting the beliefs of all major scientific academies in every western country around the world. 

I'm no fan of the IPCC's latest fu*k up regarding the glacial melt.  I believe that mistake was made for funding for a corrupt member who after making the 2035 claim, was given millions to investigate it further.  That type of nonsense is not needed in this debate. 

However that is one line in a 300+ page document.  Just the other day a scientist was commenting on getting rid of that guy because it sully's his image and his lifes work as a climate scientist. 

And what about the 40% of the rain forest will be gone? Just another over site on their part?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 11:27:28 AM »
And what about the 40% of the rain forest will be gone? Just another over site on their part?

I've never heard such a claim before kazan.  You can cherry pick all you wish.  Like i've said i'll side with every major western scientific academy. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 11:28:59 AM »
I've never heard such a claim before kazan.  You can cherry pick all you wish.  Like i've said i'll side with every major western scientific academy. 

And where did they get their info from KC? 

Garbag in = garbage out. 

Deal with it.  Yiou have been suckered, like on every other liberal pet issue. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 11:33:37 AM »

Whatever dude, you want to live with this scam thats up to you, but I will do everything I can to fight this bullshit scam that has no purpose than to destroy middle class America. You can thank us one day when your not living in a government mandated hobble, freezing your ass off because the energy bill is to high.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 11:45:26 AM »
Whatever dude, you want to live with this scam thats up to you, but I will do everything I can to fight this bullshit scam that has no purpose than to destroy middle class America. You can thank us one day when your not living in a government mandated hobble, freezing your ass off because the energy bill is to high.

Damn - KAZAN. Good one. 

Crap & Tax is nothing more than a give away to GS at our expense. 

Even Matt Taibii at RS said this is a complete ponzi scam. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 12:17:04 PM »

haha i guess i'll have you to thank when china becomes the number 1 exporter of green tech and europe buys it up like crazy, i guess i'll thank you when our worldclass ski areas become rocks and dust, i guess i'll thank you when the central americans flood our borders like never before because their land is ruined by lack of rain, i guess i'll thank you for our lack of energy independence and our total reliance on canada, russia and the middle east for our oil, i guess i'll thank you for all this kazan.
Abandon every hope...

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 12:19:49 PM »
haha i guess i'll have you to thank when china becomes the number 1 exporter of green tech and europe buys it up like crazy, i guess i'll thank you when our worldclass ski areas become rocks and dust, i guess i'll thank you when the central americans flood our borders like never before because their land is ruined by lack of rain, i guess i'll thank you for our lack of energy independence and our total reliance on canada, russia and the middle east for our oil, i guess i'll thank you for all this kazan.

Blah blah blah, more unsubstantiated bullshit from the climate change expert
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 12:22:26 PM »

and what is yours but rhetoric without proof.  I have science backing me up.  you have right wing ideology.   ::) 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 12:23:14 PM »

KC - you do realize that the cold temp has shut down the windmill turbines in MN right? 

How is that global warming working out?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 12:29:10 PM »
and what is yours but rhetoric without proof.  I have science backing me up.  you have right wing ideology.   ::) 

You don't have science backing you up, you have a group of enviro-nazi's who are trying to push an agenda. Day after day more and more of the claims are found to be complete bullshit, and based on the word of one guy in an interview 5 years ago, solid fucking science there ::)

Do I have to say it yet again, follow the money dumbass, and you'll see who the true pupet masters are.

My right wing ideology? No I just can think empirically, maybe you should try it sometime.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 12:57:09 PM »
KC - you do realize that the cold temp has shut down the windmill turbines in MN right? 

How is that global warming working out?

Yes because a historically cold place being cold is something new.   ::) you don't get it at all.  it's not about oh wow one day it's cold so it's false.  nor is it about 'oh wow its hot today it's true'  read up on it or talk to someone who studies it.  you always post about your favourite economic writers and that's great.  now turn some of that attention to this issue and you'll understand better.
Abandon every hope...