Author Topic: Rapist spared, victim lashed... WTF Bangladesh?  (Read 12573 times)

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
Rapist spared, victim lashed... WTF Bangladesh?
« on: February 01, 2010, 02:56:08 PM »
 Basically she was punished because she got pregnant... from the rapist. wtf?

Eight months after being raped, a 16-year-old at Khargor of Kasba upazila in Brahmanbaria had to receive 101 lashes as "punishment".

A village arbitration found her guilty and issued the 101 lashes fatwa (religious edict) but amazingly left alleged rapist Enamul Mia, 20, untouched.

The arbitration also fined the victim's father Tk 1,000 and issued another fatwa that her family would be forced into isolation if he failed to pay up.

Village matbar (local leader) Delwar Hossain alias Ullashi executed the durra (lashes) on January 17.

Family sources said Enamul Mia of Gabbari used to eve-tease the girl on her way to Sathgram Advocate Haroon-or-Rashid High School. He raped her April last year. Fearing the shame, the girl did not disclose the incident.

The girl's family had married her off to a man of neighbouring Ghatiara village but after a month into the marriage medical test discovered she was seven months pregnant.

She was divorced and she had to live at her father's place after an abortion. Following her return, a group of so-called matbars led by Manik Mia declared that her family is to be isolated until punished.

On January 17, the influential group arranged the arbitration at the yard of the victim.

At one stage of the inhuman torture, the girl collapsed and fainted. She regained her sense after two hours.

Ullashi presided over the arbitration while Wahid Mia, Basu Mia, Manik Mia, Shahjahan Mia, Dulal Mia, Maulana Md Kawser Mia, Imam of Gupinathpur Baro Mosque, Maulana Md Ishaque Mia, Imam of Khargor Jame Mosque, and a few others played key roles.

"Enamul has spoiled my life. I want justice," said the girl as tears rolled down from her eyes.

Talking to The Daily Star, neighbours spoke in favour of the girl and blamed Enamul. They did not dare to say anything against the so-called village arbitration.

The girl's father said members of the influential group are now keeping a watch on them so that they could not move or seek legal action.

Wahid Mia said they executed the 101 lashes on the girl following the religious edict and they did not call Enamul during the arbitration as he belongs to another village.

A team of human rights activists led by advocate Mili Chowdhury visited the spot.

Their organisation will help the victim file separate cases against the culprits, Mili said.

Kasba Police Station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Md Jahirul Islam Khan said they would take appropriate action if the victim files a case in this regard.

Three women were whipped as a result of fatwas in the district during the last six months.
Gracie Rules

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: Rapist spared, victim lashed... WTF Bangladesh?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 03:20:53 PM »
What a bunch of f*cked up animals.... savages.

That whole area should be nuked immediately and re-partitioned into a future vacation area for normal countries when the radiation damage wears off..

should be good in about 500 years :D

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 03:23:41 PM »
not everyone has entered the 21th century it seems. Some people on earth are still stuck in the f'in stone age.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 03:27:59 PM »
Wrong country Gracie.  He would have gotten a gasoline with tires, knives n bullets after or nice offiers. 

8)

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 03:30:45 PM »

Usually I don't bash other countries...people are different they believe in different things.

Nobody is perfect.

Whatever it works for them,I don't care.

But...wtf?   8)
Gracie Rules

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 03:32:34 PM »
Wrong country Gracie.  He would have gotten a gasoline with tires, knives n bullets after or nice offiers.  

8)

There's a difference between a criminal and an innocent 16 year old girl.

You know that right?
Gracie Rules

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 03:38:54 PM »
But...wtf?   8)

Instincts + social conditioning. Maybe they see the raped girl as weak and they feel the need to get rid of her and thus strengthen their tribe/village/group?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 03:41:07 PM »

There's a difference between a criminal and an innocent 16 year old girl.

You know that right?

of course...but i got to shoot one at ya.  8)

u once said u live ipanema and barra.  does ur family run shops in ip and/or stores in mail in barra?

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 03:46:40 PM »
What a bunch of f*cked up animals.... savages.

That whole area should be nuked immediately and re-partitioned into a future vacation area for normal countries when the radiation damage wears off..

should be good in about 500 years :D

And allow me to add that all those fuckers spread tgrough the world should be shot!
S

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »
of course...but i got to shoot one at ya.  8)

u once said u live ipanema and barra.  does ur family run shops in ip and/or stores in mail in barra?

Please, go ahead whats your point?

Are you stalking me? tracking my answers. ;)
Gracie Rules

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 04:01:17 PM »

Please, go ahead whats your point?

Are you stalking me? tracking my answers. ;)

hahaha.  been on getdumb to long for that one...gracie

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 04:23:26 PM »
This is surprising? This sort of thing happens every day under Sharia Law. In 2008 a 13 year old Somali girl was stoned to death in front of 1,000 people in a stadium because she reported to police that she had been gang-raped. She begged for her life of course but that didn't matter. This concept of punishing rape victims is Islam at its very core.

Sharia Law requires FOUR men to be present at the rape for a man to even stand a chance of being convicted. Good luck with that.  ::)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 04:28:23 PM »
This is surprising? This sort of thing happens every day under Sharia Law. In 2007 a 13 year old Somali girl was stoned to death in front of 1,000 people in a stadium because she reported to police that she had been gang-raped. This is Islam at its very core.

This has nothing to do with Islam.

Basically the guy got angry and felt "cheated" because he only found out later that his wife was not a virgin, and the girl's village "leaders" felt embarassed that they "let down" the guy's village (third world villager mentality).  They also may be dependant on the guy's village for resources, business relationships, etc. and felt they had to do something to show the the guy's village solidarity. 

It's f'ed up, and I hope the villagers who took part in the lashes get punished by actual Bangladesh authorities (as well as the rapist), but the cause of this is the backwards culture, not religion.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 04:33:35 PM »
Does this have anything to do with Islam?

PRESS RELEASE
October, 31 2008

Somalia: Girl stoned was a child of 13

Contrary to earlier news reports, the girl stoned to death in Somalia this week was 13, not 23, Amnesty International can reveal.

Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow was killed on Monday, 27 October, by a group of 50 men who stoned her to death in a stadium in the southern port of Kismayu, in front of around 1,000 spectators.

Some of the Somali journalists who had reported she was 23 have told Amnesty International that this age was based upon a judgement of her age from her physical appearance.

She was accused of adultery in breach of Islamic law but, her father and other sources told Amnesty International that she had in fact been raped by three men, and had attempted to report this rape to the al-Shabab militia who control Kismayo, and it was this act that resulted in her being accused of adultery and detained. None of men she accused of rape were arrested.

“This was not justice, nor was it an execution. This child suffered a horrendous death at the behest of the armed opposition groups who currently control Kismayo,” said David Copeman, Amnesty International's Somalia Campaigner.

“This killing is yet another human rights abuse committed by the combatants to the conflict in Somalia, and again demonstrates the importance of international action to investigate and document such abuses, through an International Commission of Inquiry.”

Amnesty International has learnt that:

* Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow was reported as being 23, based upon a judgement on her physical appearance, according to one of the journalists who had reported the stoning. Her actual age was confirmed to Amnesty International by other sources, including her father.
    * Her father said she had only travelled to Kismayo from Hagardeer refugee camp in north eastern Kenya three months earlier.
    * She was detained by militia of the Kismayo authorities, a coalition of Al-shabab and clan militias. During this time, she was reportedly extremely distressed, with some individuals stating she had become mentally unstable.
    * A truckload of stones was brought into the stadium to be used in the stoning.
    * At one point during the stoning, Amnesty International has been told by numerous eyewitnesses that nurses were instructed to check whether Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow was still alive when buried in the ground. They removed her from the ground, declared that she was, and she was replaced in the hole where she had been buried for the stoning to continue.
    * An individual calling himself Sheik Hayakalah, was quoted on Radio Shabelle saying:``The evidence came from her side and she officially confirmed her guilt, while she told us that she is happy with the punishment under Islamic law.'' In contradiction to this claim, a number of eye witnesses have told Amnesty International she struggled with her captors and had to be forcibly carried into the stadium.
    * Inside the stadium, militia members opened fire when some of the witnesses to the killing attempted to save her life, and shot dead a boy who was a bystander. An al-Shabab spokeperson was later reported to have apologized for the death of the child, and said the milita member would be punished.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/document.php?id=ENGPRE200810317930

Nothing to do with Islam yet there are countless stories of events like this happening. I guess all these people that stone women to death are misguided and you're the only one that fully understands Islam.  ::)

I'll give them credit, though. At least some people had the balls to stand up and try to save this girl. Shame it wasn't enough to, you know, actually save her. I guess the other 1,000 people who looked at it like a sporting event had something to do with that.

Shame on her for have the audacity to report that three men had gang-raped her.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 04:46:23 PM »
This is surprising? This sort of thing happens every day under Sharia Law. In 2008 a 13 year old Somali girl was stoned to death in front of 1,000 people in a stadium because she reported to police that she had been gang-raped. She begged for her life of course but that didn't matter. This concept of punishing rape victims is Islam at its very core.

Sharia Law requires FOUR men to be present at the rape for a man to even stand a chance of being convicted. Good luck with that.  ::)

Believe me, our leaders are laughing how easily our attention is drawn from our own problems to the other ones'...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 04:48:03 PM »
Believe me, our leaders are laughing how easily our attention is drawn from our own problems to the other ones'...

I don't believe anything you say as you're just another insecure Eurotrash gimmick that thinks he's "in the know" because he spends hours every day trolling a bodybuilding forum.  :D

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 04:59:32 PM »
I don't believe anything you say as you're just another insecure Eurotrash gimmick that thinks he's "in the know" because he spends hours every day trolling a bodybuilding forum.  :D

You really thought you're going to change something with that post of yours? You attacked a foreign culture, a religion and all it's people. And on a bodybuilding forum.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 05:08:23 PM »
You really thought you're going to change something with that post of yours? You attacked a foreign culture, a religion and all it's people. And on a bodybuilding forum.

Do you really think you're going to change something being a whiny troll on a forum every day? Hint: Pot meet kettle.  ;)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 05:12:30 PM »
Berzerk, I'm sure you know we all agree these events are despicable to the say the least.

The only part we don't agree on is how you present the events.  You are implying as though the majority of Muslims support this.  In actuality, a small group of corrupt, armed militants were in control of that area of Somalia against the will of the people.  The articles I read had the locals who attended telling media sources how awful the event was and how they were in disagreement with it, but feared for their lives from the armed militants even for expressing their disagreement to media sources.  It was likely members of the same militant group in power who conducted the rape and then executed this mock trial to put fear in hearts of the people for trying to report their crimes.  Many more rapes have been unreported by people fearful of these warlords and their militias.  

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 05:13:42 PM »
Oh helllnaw B.  I'm gonna send my mufuckin pet chimp on a flight down there asap to strighten shit out over there.

;D

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 05:17:04 PM »
Do you really think you're going to change something being a whiny troll on a forum every day? Hint: Pot meet kettle.  ;)

You were crying after some dead girl on the other side of world.  ::) I'm not trying to save the world like you are, I'm just bringing my views into discussion.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 05:27:28 PM »
And allow me to add that all those fuckers spread tgrough the world should be shot!

I seriously don't understand these animals.. they should all be eradicated.

It's not like they contribute anything to civilization or world social structure.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 05:29:43 PM »
You were crying after some dead girl on the other side of world.  ::) I'm not trying to save the world like you are, I'm just bringing my views into discussion.

Pot meet kettle. No one is crying over the dead girl. I was merely bringing my view into discussion by posting a story that the mainstream media did not. Thank you for telling me what I was doing with that post. Shame on me for thinking I knew what I was doing.

Let's face it. You're a terrible troll who has a massive hard-on for Americans (which I attribute to your inferiority complex) and who thinks he's in the know despite the fact that he logs about 10 hours a day trolling a forum dedicated to people's physical appearances. You keep fighting the good fight, soldier.  ::)

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 01:42:34 AM »
This stuff is common

Honor killings aren't limited to uneducated villagers. Plenty of middle class muslims have engaged in it as well.

She was accused of adultery in breach of Islamic law. This seems to be a common occurrence throughout the middle east and countries like pakistan. So much for the religion of peace. :-X

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 01:45:33 AM »
Oh helllnaw B.  I'm gonna send my mufuckin pet chimp on a flight down there asap to strighten shit out over there.
lol  ;D