Author Topic: R.I.P. Jack Brisco:  (Read 1684 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
R.I.P. Jack Brisco:
« on: February 01, 2010, 05:53:30 PM »
Jim Ross updated his blog over at JRsBarBQ.com with thoughts on the passing of Jack Brisco. Below is an excerpt from the blog:

"Jack passed away Monday morning at the at of 68 as a result of complications after under going heart surgery a week or so ago."

"I got to know Jack on a more personal level when I went to work in WWE in 1993 as I worked closely with Jack's brother Jerry in the talent relations department. Jerry recruited our best ever signees from the amateur ranks. Plus, Jerry and I joined forces to sign both Chris Jericho and the Big Show with 'in home' recruiting visits in Tampa. Jerry became my closest confidant and with that came another blessing for me...getting to know, on a personal level, Jerry's big brother, the great Jack Brisco."

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: R.I.P. Jack Brisco:
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 09:15:21 PM »
Sorry to hear this.

As a kid, I remember hearing about him but never saw him wrestle, because, in the northeast, we only got the WWF.

R.I.P.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 04:44:47 AM »
RIP Jack Brisco...one of the best tag teams of its era. The Brisco brothers.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 06:30:50 AM »
RIP- a true legend of the sport.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 12:42:09 PM »
brisco was truly a great wrestler, i remember watching him wrestle on tv when i was in college florida championship wrestling. mr wrestling, jack brisco were the top stars back then. plus the fact that he was a top amateur wrestler makes him a cut above the usual pro rassler.
F

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 02:44:52 PM »
brisco was truly a great wrestler, i remember watching him wrestle on tv when i was in college florida championship wrestling. mr wrestling, jack brisco were the top stars back then. plus the fact that he was a top amateur wrestler makes him a cut above the usual pro rassler.

Are you talking about the original Mr Wrestling, Tim Woods?  or Mr Wrestling II?  Woods was a favorite of mine when I was very, very young here in the midatlantic area. 

Brisco was a great world champion.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 12:13:56 PM »
Are you talking about the original Mr Wrestling, Tim Woods?  or Mr Wrestling II?  Woods was a favorite of mine when I was very, very young here in the midatlantic area. 

Brisco was a great world champion.
   tim woods  i think bob roop was also there.
F