Author Topic: UN agency calls for global cyberwarfare treaty, ‘driver’s license’ for Web users  (Read 448 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
The world needs a treaty to prevent cyber attacks becoming an all-out war, the head of the main UN communications and technology agency warned Saturday.

International Telcommunications Union secretary general Hamadoun Toure gave his warning at a World Economic Forum debate where experts said nations must now consider when a cyber attack becomes a declaration of war.

With attacks on Google from China a major talking point in Davos, Toure said the risk of a cyber conflict between two nations grows every year.

He proposed a treaty in which countries would engage not to make the first cyber strike against another nation.

"A cyber war would be worse than a tsunami -- a catastrophe," the UN official said, highlighting examples such as attacks on Estonia last year...

cont... http://rawstory.com/2010/01/agency-calls-global-cyberwarfare-treaty-drivers-license-web-users/

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Maybe they should direct this at the Chinese. Every day they're pretty much launching a cyber attack on a different country/organization/company.

saopl

• Getbig III
 ::)

good luck with that, they would have better chances counting all the grains of sand on earth.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
::)

good luck with that, they would have better chances counting all the grains of sand on earth.

Don't get comfortable...you have to always be diligent with your rights because they can, will, and have been taken away from us.  Your statement is ignorance to the fact that WE THE PEOPLE need to stay on top of things so idiots in Washington or at the U.N. don't enforce this upon us.  Some here agree that if enough people would just wake up we can make a REAL difference.

saopl

• Getbig III
Don't get comfortable...you have to always be diligent with your rights because they can, will, and have been taken away from us.  Your statement is ignorance to the fact that WE THE PEOPLE need to stay on top of things so idiots in Washington or at the U.N. don't enforce this upon us.  Some here agree that if enough people would just wake up we can make a REAL difference.

i'm not really the extreme hippie revolutionary type, but thanks.

honestly i'm more concerned about my next meal and making sure I have enough protein intake for the day.  ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
i'm not really the extreme hippie revolutionary type, but thanks.

honestly i'm more concerned about my next meal and making sure I have enough protein intake for the day.  ;D
Wow.... keeping an eye on Washington and the UN was a conservative ideal.  It sure has been for as long as I can remember, but if the guy who says he only cares about his daily protein intake says it's a hippie thing, I guess I'll just have to take your word for it ::)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
This sounds more like another case of trying to get people to play by the rules and then "hoping" that those who don't play by the rules won't do too much harm - if that makes any sense.  It's been a long night...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Is this not the dumbest shit you've ever heard ::)

"We need a kind of World Health Organization for the Internet," Said, Craig Mundie, chief research and strategy officer for Microsoft... "If you want to drive a car you have to have a license to say that you are capable of driving a car, the car has to pass a test to say it is fit to drive and you have to have insurance."

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

It sucks, when somebody on the street says something so complete retarded, you can look at them face to face and tell them to STFU and fuck off.  All we can do with these elite shitheads is roll our eyes and just be disgusted.  Then of course support them by making sure to buy the next version of windows ::)