Author Topic: Obama to end "Dont ask, Dont' tell"  (Read 13945 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Obama to end "Dont ask, Dont' tell"
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 10:52:46 AM »
and obama may well be saved by the same thing in congress.  or the gop might implode, as evidenced by the silly tea party meltdown - they got greedy :(

I'm saying you're celebrating too early.  I'd love nothing more than to see Thune win 40 states.  But if the election were held today, the same machine that exposed palin as a dumbass would show up.  Repubs need to be as united as the dems were - and they're not.  They need to be as hungry as the dems were in 08 - and they're NOT.  The infighting shit is weak, the 'we already won back the hosue in 2010 baby!" shit is weak.
Thune is a religious extremist, worse than Palin, possiblly as mentally retarded as well.  Surely you don`t really want him do you?  He actually thought that the War in Iraq was a good idea for the spread of Christianity.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 11:01:58 AM »
Thune is a religious extremist, worse than Palin, possiblly as mentally retarded as well.  Surely you don`t really want him do you?  He actually thought that the War in Iraq was a good idea for the spread of Christianity.  

And Obama is a thief stealing our money every day.  Whats your point? 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 11:12:35 AM »
And Obama is a thief stealing our money every day.  Whats your point? 
He hasn`t taken a dime from me.  My stocks are up and improving.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 11:13:53 AM »
and obama may well be saved by the same thing in congress.  or the gop might implode, as evidenced by the silly tea party meltdown - they got greedy :(

I'm saying you're celebrating too early.  I'd love nothing more than to see Thune win 40 states.  But if the election were held today, the same machine that exposed palin as a dumbass would show up.  Repubs need to be as united as the dems were - and they're not.  They need to be as hungry as the dems were in 08 - and they're NOT.  The infighting shit is weak, the 'we already won back the hosue in 2010 baby!" shit is weak.

You keep saying Republicans are overconfident.I dont agree,I think we are scared to death.This man is purposely trying to destroy the economy.There might be nothing left by the time Obama leaves office either in three years or 7.With a normal democrat Id agree,but with this man,there is something everyday that he does that stokes the fire.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 11:14:47 AM »
He hasn`t taken a dime from me.  My stocks are up and improving.

Serious TA - read a damn economics book.  

When the gov't prints money to finance the deficit, they are stealing your money by devaluing the purchashing power of your exsiting dollars.  Its called a hidden tax.    

________________________ ________________________ ______________

The Hidden Tax

There are basically two kinds of taxes you need to be aware of as an American taxpayer - the kind of taxes the masses can see, and the kind of taxes the masses CAN’T see.

The “inflation tax” is of the second kind - an invisible tax.

Whenever a politician promises you more free stuff than the guy he’s running against, whenever the masses think they’re getting something for nothing, whenever our government engages in deficit spending, whenever we borrow the prosperity of tomorrow to spend today, it comes back to haunt us in the form of an infation tax, which insidiously, and invisibly, confiscates our wealth.

When you begin to account for the stealth tax of inflation, in 1966 the Dow Jones Industrial Average began a long, slow crash that would see it lose value over the next sixteen years.  Chances are, you never heard of the crash of 1966, but you can be sure it happened.

And this crash resulted in the raging price inflation of the 1970s, eating away at investor profits.  Economists refer to it as “The Invisible Crash” because investors in stocks never knew what hit them.

The Dow failed to substantially surpass 1,000 points from 1966 to 1982.  If you had put $100,000 in the Dow in 1966, by 1982 your $100,000 was still $100,000 - but due to inflation it would only buy you $34,000 worth of goods and services as measured by the 1966 Consumer Price Index.

That represents a 66% loss in value! That is how the inflation tax can cause an invisible crash.

Many who invested in the Dow between 1966 and 1982 felt they were making a safe and prudent investment decision.  They bought into the pundit hype that investments in stocks do well over long periods of time.  All the while their currency was losing its value at an average rate of 6.52% per year (a 66% loss spread over sixteen years).

A smart investor would have recognized the ravaging effects inflation was having on their portfolio, and would have moved their money into investments that exploited the weakness of the U.S. currency, like precious metals.

Beyond any shadow of a doubt, the U.S. stock markets are crashing, and have been since as early as 1999 and as late as 2001, depending on how you measure it.

Even though the Dow is going up in price, its value is falling.  If everything else is going up in price faster than the Dow, then it stands to reason that the Dow is crashing in relative terms.  Just as there was an invisible crash from 1966 to 1982, there is an invisible crash happening right now - and the hidden tax of inflation is the cause.

An invisible crash is a product of a fiat currency system and/or rampant credit creation.

It requires a rapidly expanding currency supply to obscure the fact that an overvalued asset class is correcting and reverting to fair value, or less.  It has happened numerous times throughout history when a country leaves an asset-backed currency for a fiat currency - and it started in the United States when President Lyndon Johnson started to fund the Vietnam War by cheating our financial system through deficit spending and President Nixon took us off the gold standard in 1971.

The primary cause of inflation is the rising of prices due to the expansion of the currency supply.  With inflation, everything gets more valuable except currency.

So when inflation occurs, the value of your money decreases - which means you are able to buy less with it.  The primary cause of inflation in the U.S. is the creation of currency by the U.S. government and banks.

When the U.S. wants to pay for something, it prints more money after its spent all the tax revenue it’s collected.  That is how the government is able to fund these billion dollar projects.

When banks give loans, it creates money in its balance sheets thanks to the use of fractional reserve banking, which allows the bank to loan out 90% of all money that is deposited.  (i.e., it can loan out $9 for every $10 it has in its vaults)  This is where credit creation comes into play.

Under An Obama Economics Plan, Inflation Will Increase
Obama’s plans for the United States include a dramatic increase in spending.  This includes increases in entitlement programs like Social Security, Medicare, Medicade, Welfare, and even nationalized healthcare.  He also has many investment plans which require the government to shell out even more money to try and “stimulate the economy.”

To see how an Obama Administration would lead the country into a time of hyperinflation, you need to look no further than congressman Barney Frank, a Democrat from Massachusetts who is chairman of the House Financial Services Committee - which oversees the entire financial services industry, including the securities, insurance, banking, and housing industries.

You can be sure that under President Barack Obama, Congressman Frank would be free to do exactly what he just described in the video above.

Barack Obama also plans to spend money on new public works projects, and with the help of newly nationalized banks, make credit more available for lower-income people.

You can find a list of some of his spending plans here.

As spending increases, and more currency is created, the U.S. dollar’s value will be debased, and your money will be worth less.

This means someone making $40,000 per year may really only have $12,000 per year worth of value from their income.

That also means that the individuals and small businesses who make over $250,000 per year won’t really be making $250,000 per year - since their money will be worth less - yet they will still be taxed at a greater level.

As you can see, this “hidden tax” of inflation affects everyone in the United States - especially the low-income workers, who’s meager income is worth even less in the long run.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 11:17:44 AM »

What is your deal with religion?You love queers but hate Christians.Obama sat in a church for twenty years  AND BELIEVED EVERY WORD preached by a wild eyed,kook!!!Every word he believed!Yet you support Obama.Bill Clinton carried a Bible everytime he got in trouble.Jimmy Carter was a religious guy.This idea that Christians are nuts BUT GAYS ARE GOOD IS FOOLISH.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 11:19:07 AM »
What is your deal with religion?You love queers but hate Christians.Obama sat in a church for twenty years  AND BELIEVED EVERY WORD preached by a wild eyed,kook!!!Every word he believed!Yet you support Obama.Bill Clinton carried a Bible everytime he got in trouble.Jimmy Carter was a religious guy.This idea that Christians are nuts BUT GAYS ARE GOOD IS FOOLISH.
Gays can be Christians too you know.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 11:21:01 AM »
Great move by Obama.  We need all the troops we can get. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 11:22:28 AM »

::)  ::)

However, when they throw condoms at the stoop of St. Patricks Cathedral, in my mind they are no longer Christians, but hedonistic barbarians. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 11:23:15 AM »
Great move by Obama.  We need all the troops we can get. 

Yeah, I'm sure you will be all in favor of an invasion of Iran, the surge in Afhg, and ramping up the bombings in Pak. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 11:32:49 AM »
Yeah, I'm sure you will be all in favor of an invasion of Iran, the surge in Afhg, and ramping up the bombings in Pak. 

If we can get unilateral military help vs Iran i'm all for it.  If we try to run in there without international support we will suffer.  I support a bombing strategy of their nuclear facilities.  Iran though is in a weird spot right now.  The people there want change but that doesn't mean they want American troops on the ground.  By invading we risk alienating that side because we will be outsiders.  All if takes it one wrong target and public support turns against us. 

I've always supported the surge into Afghanistan and attacks in Pakistan.  We must be careful to have the support of Pakistan though, that is not a country we can risk losing in this fight. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 11:38:12 AM »
If we can get unilateral military help vs Iran i'm all for it.  If we try to run in there without international support we will suffer.  I support a bombing strategy of their nuclear facilities.  Iran though is in a weird spot right now.  The people there want change but that doesn't mean they want American troops on the ground.  By invading we risk alienating that side because we will be outsiders.  All if takes it one wrong target and public support turns against us. 

I've always supported the surge into Afghanistan and attacks in Pakistan.  We must be careful to have the support of Pakistan though, that is not a country we can risk losing in this fight. 

So you are ok with Obama going "cowboy" on Iran?

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 11:39:30 AM »
So you are ok with Obama going "cowboy" on Iran?

What did i just say?  I'm okay with invading Iran if it is a unilateral international force.  You didn't read what i said at all which isn't surprising you cherry pick everything to fit your warped sense of reality. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 11:42:15 AM »
What did i just say?  I'm okay with invading Iran if it is a unilateral international force.  You didn't read what i said at all which isn't surprising you cherry pick everything to fit your warped sense of reality. 

Were you ok with Bush invading Iraq? 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 11:43:59 AM »
Were you ok with Bush invading Iraq? 

It wasn't a unilateral invasion.  It was a fu*k you world i'm doing what i want and i'm lying to boot.

Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2010, 11:46:23 AM »
It wasn't a unilateral invasion.  It was a fu*k you world i'm doing what i want and i'm lying to boot.

Wasnt there tons of UN orders violated by Saddam? 

BTW - where is the evidence IRAN is seeking to nuke us?

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 11:48:22 AM »
Wasnt there tons of UN orders violated by Saddam? 

BTW - where is the evidence IRAN is seeking to nuke us?

There isn't.  I haven't said there was.  Like i said i only support an invasion if there is unilateral forces.  That's it.

Saddam wasn't a good man and him being out of office is a great thing, but to lie about why and to disregard all international UN protocol is really why Iraq was never a popular war. 
Abandon every hope...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 11:50:39 AM »

Jesus Christ saves you FROM your sin,NOT in your sin.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2010, 12:24:06 PM »
Thune has made it his mission to end this whole "tax & spend" way of thinking that Obama has championed.  He's got my vote.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2010, 12:38:07 PM »
"Wasnt there tons of UN orders violated by Saddam?  "

The UN got their inspectins, and made it a point to search all of saddam's personal toilets and bedrooms for the WMD, along with all the spots Powell "knew" existed.

There were none.

The only WMD we ever found were the ones Rummy sold him in 1979 before leaving the private sector.  Mustard gas, etc.  Not exactly the shit we claimed.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2010, 01:56:05 PM »
Thune has made it his mission to end this whole "tax & spend" way of thinking that Obama has championed.  He's got my vote.
Sad. Just Sad. For many reasons.  :-\

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2010, 01:57:49 PM »
McCain shifting stance on 'don't ask, don't tell' policy?
By Michael D. Shear

Three years ago, Republican Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) was pretty clear about his stand on the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

A former war hero, McCain said he would support ending the ban once the military's top brass told him they were okay with it.

"The day that the leadership of the military comes to me and says, 'Senator, we ought to change the policy,' then I think we ought to consider seriously changing it because those leaders in the military are the ones we give the responsibility to," McCain told an audience of college students during the "Hardball" college tour on MSNBC.

That day arrived Tuesday, with Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates and Joint Chiefs Chairman Mike Mullen testifying to senators following President Obama's announcement that he would seek a congressional repeal of the controversial 15-year-old policy.

Mullen called repealing the policy, which bans openly gay men and lesbians from serving, "the right thing to do" and said he was personally troubled by effectively forcing service members to "lie about who they are in order to defend their fellow citizens."

Gates told the Armed Services Committee, "I fully support the president's decision.

"The question before us is not whether the military prepares to make this change, but how we best prepare for it. We have received our orders from the commander in chief, and we are moving out accordingly," Gates said.

In response, the Arizona senator declared himself "disappointed" in the testimony by Mullen and Gates. The senator said Gates should be asking whether to repeal the ban, not acting as if it had already been repealed.

"At this moment of immense hardship for our armed services, we should not be seeking to overturn the 'don't ask, don't tell' policy," McCain said bluntly, before describing it as "imperfect but effective."

Since losing to Obama in the 2008 election, McCain has become a consistent critic of the president.

He also has, for the first time in years, a serious primary fight on his hands. J.D. Hayworth, a former Republican congressman, is considering a challenge, and Chris Simcox, a founder of the Minutemen anti-immigration group, has already said he wants McCain's job.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2010, 02:02:07 PM »

Why TA - Maybe you would be happier in your precious Norway or Sweden?  

So far as I can tell the majority of people who actually pay the bills, ie taxes, dont have dreams of your socialist utopia and actually feel a bit pissed over slaving 50% of the year fo the thieves, criminals, and greedy pigs in govt.  

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2010, 02:23:29 PM »

Whats sad is Hussein Obama just put out a budget that will bankrupt this nation and there isnt rioting on the streets.THATS sad.Whats sad is that people like you support this man in his desire to destroy this country.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2010, 03:40:35 PM »
You are 100% right billy.

But even FOX... their top 3 stories today? 

Palin and Rahl Feuding
Don't Ask Don't Tell backlash
Tea party infighting.

NONE of that matters to americans nearly as much as the tax hikes... yet FOX and MSN are both ignoring it.  It should be the top story.  But that's not a sexy enough story, huh?