Author Topic: Stars Record "We Are the World" Remake in Hollywood [Exclusive Pics Inside]  (Read 3235 times)

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here

MTV reports:

LOS ANGELES — The energy was electric Monday night (February 1) at Henson Studios as more than 80 of music's biggest stars gathered for a charity remake of "We Are the World" in support of Haitian earthquake relief.

"I feel like a kid in a candy store," Wyclef Jean said, speaking to the press about the idea of remaking such an iconic song, which is getting production help from RedOne and Will.I.Am. "What's bigger than a contribution is that you lend your voice," the Haitian native said earlier in the day to his peers while trying to inspire them during the session, which began around 3 p.m. and was expected to last well into the night.

Among the voices in the 81-member choir were Pink, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Nick Jonas, LL Cool J, Robin Thicke, Celine Dion, Akon, Rob Thomas, Wyclef, Jeff Bridges, Vince Vaughn, Barbra Streisand, Jordin Sparks, Good Charlotte's Madden brothers, Tony Bennett, Josh Groban, Snoop Dogg, Justin Bieber, Jennifer Hudson, Keri Hilson, Jamie Foxx, Tyrese, Katharine McPhee, Sean Garrett, Will.I.Am, Carlos Santana, Melanie Fiona, Enrique Iglesias, Toni Braxton, Jason Mraz, Miley Cyrus, Busta Rhymes, Nicole Scherzinger, Nicole Richie, Usher, Julianne Hough, Raphael Saadiq, Zac Brown, India.Arie, "American Idol" judge Randy Jackson, Musiq Soulchild, Heart's Ann and Nancy Wilson, Fonzworth Bentley, Kid Cudi, Iyaz, Bizzy Bone, Nipsey Hussle, the Beach Boys' Brian Wilson and Al Jardine, Trey Songz, Faith Evans, Mya and Gladys Knight. (At press time, the full list of participants was not yet available.)

Kanye, wearing a red jacket with sparkling gold crisscross accents, stood center in the front row, between Wyclef and Hudson.

Among the soloists whose sessions were screened for journalists at press time were Bieber, Dion and Groban. Weezy also came out and humbly noted that he recorded the solo originally sung by Bob Dylan.

The inspirational lyrics were laid down over a track that had a more modern Southern hip-hop bounce to it. The recording session took place almost 25 years to the day since the original song for African famine relief was recorded.

"The experience was out of this world," said Bieber, who sang Lionel Richie's original opening line. The video for the song, which is being shot in 3-D, will debut February 12.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Vince Vaughn and Jeff Bridges for F*ck's sake! Are they trying to finish Haiti off!? 

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
Why is Wycleff there? His charity is under investigation atm, someone split his kneecaps please!

tendonitis

• Getbig V
South Park will have a field day with this.

saopl

• Getbig III
South Park will have a field day with this.

hahaha I can see it now.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
I heard clips from that new recording session; it sounded horrible!  The original WATW was a special event; sometimes, you can’t recreate the past.  Maybe they can doctor up the new recording in post production, but based on what I heard no one will be eager to buy the new recording.  Just give $$ to a worthy charity doing relief work in Haiti and spare yourself the pain of hearing this new group croak out and mangle that classic song.  :-[

(I know I sound like an old fogey… so be it).

There were a lot of artists in that session and it had been planned for months.  Why not write a new song(s) and record original material? Remember, the original WATW was an entire album with different artists contributing individual tracks in addition to the now classic song.  

http://www.amazon.com/We-Are-World-U-S-Africa/dp/B000001FCX/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1265140796&sr=8-4

Natural Man

• Getbig V

MTV reports:

LOS ANGELES — The energy was electric Monday night (February 1) at Henson Studios as more than 80 of music's biggest stars gathered for a charity remake of "We Are the World" in support of Haitian earthquake relief.

"I feel like a kid in a candy store," Wyclef Jean said, speaking to the press about the idea of remaking such an iconic song, which is getting production help from RedOne and Will.I.Am. "What's bigger than a contribution is that you lend your voice," the Haitian native said earlier in the day to his peers while trying to inspire them during the session, which began around 3 p.m. and was expected to last well into the night.

Among the voices in the 81-member choir were Pink, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Nick Jonas, LL Cool J, Robin Thicke, Celine Dion, Akon, Rob Thomas, Wyclef, Jeff Bridges, Vince Vaughn, Barbra Streisand, Jordin Sparks, Good Charlotte's Madden brothers, Tony Bennett, Josh Groban, Snoop Dogg, Justin Bieber, Jennifer Hudson, Keri Hilson, Jamie Foxx, Tyrese, Katharine McPhee, Sean Garrett, Will.I.Am, Carlos Santana, Melanie Fiona, Enrique Iglesias, Toni Braxton, Jason Mraz, Miley Cyrus, Busta Rhymes, Nicole Scherzinger, Nicole Richie, Usher, Julianne Hough, Raphael Saadiq, Zac Brown, India.Arie, "American Idol" judge Randy Jackson, Musiq Soulchild, Heart's Ann and Nancy Wilson, Fonzworth Bentley, Kid Cudi, Iyaz, Bizzy Bone, Nipsey Hussle, the Beach Boys' Brian Wilson and Al Jardine, Trey Songz, Faith Evans, Mya and Gladys Knight. (At press time, the full list of participants was not yet available.)

Kanye, wearing a red jacket with sparkling gold crisscross accents, stood center in the front row, between Wyclef and Hudson.

Among the soloists whose sessions were screened for journalists at press time were Bieber, Dion and Groban. Weezy also came out and humbly noted that he recorded the solo originally sung by Bob Dylan.

The inspirational lyrics were laid down over a track that had a more modern Southern hip-hop bounce to it. The recording session took place almost 25 years to the day since the original song for African famine relief was recorded.

"The experience was out of this world," said Bieber, who sang Lionel Richie's original opening line. The video for the song, which is being shot in 3-D, will debut February 12.

fucking hypocrits with their surgically redone faces... you could feed the whole africa for 10 years with all of their money combined ...  and funny how 70% of em are black too.

saopl

• Getbig III

fucking hypocrits with their surgically redone faces... you could feed the whole africa for 10 years with all of their money combined ...  and funny how 70% of em are black too.

EPIC PROJECTIVE PUKE.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
How does that compare with the first go-round, angry-man?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
I couldn't find DA or vince g in the pic......could someone help me?  Someone with photoshop skills perhaps....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Stars Record "We Are the World" Remake in Hollywood [Exclusive Pics Inside]
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 01:15:01 PM »
Without lady Gaga, this celebrity thread is useless.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 01:25:43 PM »
How does that compare with the first go-round, angry-man?
it does not. Same shit over and over. Actually "they" re not the "world", they re 0,0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the world.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 01:29:37 PM »
Woont be even a quarter as good as the original
because 90% of people in that pic have zero talent as you don't need talent nowadays to be a music artist
choice is an illusion

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 01:29:54 PM »

your best post
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 01:33:09 PM »
what about avril lavigne and lady gaga  , they would be much more cuter than these bastards

A

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 01:34:41 PM »
Woont be even a quarter as good as the original
because 90% of people in that pic have zero talent as you don't need talent nowadays to be a music artist

Without computers and audio/voice treatment, none of em would be where they are today.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 01:41:15 PM »
Exactly music died in the 90 now all we have is that's stupied vocoder that tpain has made famous and the females every video nude don't have to have talent as long as the look good
talentless fake garbage especially rnb
choice is an illusion

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 01:50:44 PM »
South ParkGetbig will have a field day with this.

Fixed.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2010, 01:54:22 PM »
Exactly music died in the 90 now all we have is that's stupied vocoder that tpain has made famous and the females every video nude don't have to have talent as long as the look good
talentless fake garbage especially rnb

Don't forget the perfect pitch device they use to make it sound like all these 'tards can actually sing in key. Cher started that crap with "Believe" however long ago. People might have used tools such as "Pro Tools" to touch up on things, add the finishing touch etc...but now entire albums are made using these gadgets because all the companies want are people that can be marketed. If they can't sing? Who cares, fix it in the studio, and they'll still make millions off the kids that don't know any better.

This has always been my problem with Lady Gaga. She's one of many, however, I doubt there's any real musicians on her albums. All computer tricks. If she wants to be esoteric, have her personality thing with being looked at as odd, by all means go for it. But I've never liked that she boasts about "changing the history of music" or "changing music as we know it" and puts out the crap she does. She is not a musician in any way- in her current state anyhow.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 02:15:44 PM »
I don't think anyone should pay a cent for anything these fakers put out
choice is an illusion

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 03:07:04 PM »
I don't think anyone should pay a cent for anything these fakers put out

Unfortunately lots of idiots will :-\

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 05:05:24 PM »
I do (electronic) music as a hobby and use autotune  and sony acid pro 7 as a host sequencer and i can tell you these softwares are incredibly powerful and accessible, all it takes once you have them is good hardware (pro speakers, mics, mixing consoles).

I know this. It's similar to a piano/keyboard that has autotune. I know a guy that I played with years ago used to use it for one song we did onstage. I noticed it one time and asked him 'don't you think that's cheating when you do that?' and his reply was "well I'm a bit shaky in that key. I can play in the key, but since I have autotune, why not just do it?'

Since that was the one song we played in that key, and he didn't rely on it, I didn't, nor do I, have a problem with it.

It's the people that come out with albums full of electronic music, and cannot recreate the sound onstage that I have issues with.

For instance, listen to "Obsessed" by Mariah Carey. The studio version is a good song that I like/enjoy. It sounds polished, and perfect. Mariah is a girl that can sing and I've always thought "Damn that girl has pipes on her!" Now listen to the live version:

Waaaay different. She outright sucks! Changing octaves, missing notes, hitting bad notes and just a shaky at best performance.

That's far different than a real musician that flubs a note by accident and it's exposed for all to see/hear. Listen to Phil Collins (not the best example, but it pops into mind immediately and it's obvious) at the 1:10 minute mark:

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 06:26:05 PM »
This is looks utter shit.
The absense of Dylan/Tom Petty and one else of any talent has been noted.
Heard they want to mix in Mike Jackson vocal from the orginal.
 WTF

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 06:39:45 PM »
I mostly listen to music from the 80s and some trance/house/electro. music died in the 90s, I fully agree.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 07:08:35 PM »
Straight garbage, As others have stated why not do some new material?

also this cast looks like a bunch of has been and never been that are trying to resurrect the dead.

Might have been better off holding a telethon a letting each person answer the phone.

I