Author Topic: What I did not find on MSLSD or CNN  (Read 2720 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
What I did not find on MSLSD or CNN
« on: February 02, 2010, 01:18:31 PM »
Kinda proves my point in the other thread!

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is calling on the White House to fire Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel for using the word "retarded" in a strategy session last year. 

In a posting on her Facebook page Monday, Palin blasted Emanuel for calling an idea from some of President Obama's supporters "f---ing retarded" during an August meeting with liberal groups and White House aides.

The Wall Street Journal reported last week that Emanuel made the remarks after some participants said they planned to air ads attacking conservative Democrats who were critical of Obama's health care agenda.

Palin, whose youngest child, Trig, has Down Syndrome, wrote that Emanuel's expletive was "heartbreaking" and said his "degrading scolding" has been "completely ignored by the White House."

"Just as we'd be appalled if any public figure of Rahm’s stature ever used the "N-word" or other such inappropriate language, Rahm’s slur on all God's children with cognitive and developmental disabilities -- and the people who love them -- is unacceptable, and it’s heartbreaking," wrote Palin.

"Rahm is known for his caustic, crude references about those with whom he disagrees, but his recent tirade against participants in a strategy session was such a strong slap in many American faces that our president is doing himself a disservice by seeming to condone Rahm’s recent sick and offensive tactic," she continued.

Emanuel reportedly apologized for the remarks in a phone call last week to Tim Shriver, CEO of the Special Olympics, which has launched a campaign to end use of the "R" word.

"Rahm called Tim Shriver Wednesday to apologize and the apology was accepted," a White House official told Politico.com on Tuesday.

"The White House remains committed to addressing the concerns and needs of Americans living with disabilities and recognizes that derogatory remarks demean us all," the official reportedly said.

On March 19, 2009 the president himself made headlines for a joke on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno in which Obama compared his poor performance in a bowling game to the Special Olympics. 

In describing his measly score, Obama said, "It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something.”

A White House spokesman was forced to release a hurried statement which said:  "The president made an off-hand remark making fun of his own bowling that was in no way intended to disparage the Special Olympics. He thinks the Special Olympics is a wonderful program that gives an opportunity for people with disabilities from around the world."

At the time, Palin responded by saying: “I was shocked to learn of the comment made by President Obama about Special Olympics. This was a degrading remark about our world's most precious and unique people, coming from the most powerful position in the world... I hope President Obama’s comments do not reflect how he truly feels about the special needs community."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/02/palin-blasts-emanuel-derogatory-remarks-physically-disabled/

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: What I did not find on MSLSD or CNN
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 01:22:00 PM »
funny how libs are considered the ones with "open minds and open hearts" huh?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 01:24:42 PM »
You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one, Coach. 'C' for effort, tho.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 01:33:22 PM »
You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one, Coach. 'C' for effort, tho.

Really? How do you figure that? Calling people a f-ing retard is acceptable for a presidents advisor?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 01:35:15 PM »
it was wrong for him to say that...

but...

if palin wants to be the president of the USA (and leader of the free world), she should probably stop the "i'm so offended" act 5 or 6 times a month.

People like Rahm are going to be assholes.  Palin didn't call for Senator Ensign to resign when he used state $ to pay his mistress, nor repub governor Sanford for using state $ to fly to argentina for the mistress.  If Rahm should be fired for offensive words (which I'm fine with), then people who steal tax money to bang mistresses should be fired too - right?

if she's going to be offended all the time - it's weird only Dems defend her ;)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 01:35:52 PM »
I'm just pointing out what you'll hear or read on Fox in comparison to the other "networks". Now that Fox is reporting it now the others will follow.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 01:37:31 PM »
it was wrong for him to say that...

but...

if palin wants to be the president of the USA (and leader of the free world), she should probably stop the "i'm so offended" act 5 or 6 times a month.

People like Rahm are going to be assholes.  Palin didn't call for Senator Ensign to resign when he used state $ to pay his mistress, nor repub governor Sanford for using state $ to fly to argentina for the mistress.  If Rahm should be fired for offensive words (which I'm fine with), then people who steal tax money to bang mistresses should be fired too - right?

if she's going to be offended all the time - it's weird only Dems defend her ;)

I don't recall her saying she wanted to be president, do you?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 01:40:16 PM »
Yes, she said it about 900 times while running for VP.

NOBODY has said they want to be president in 2012 yet.

She hasn't said it in the last year, but her setting up a PAC, taking up politically expedient positions, changing her positions on cap/trade and bailout bill, and spending as much time possible attacking the white house (along with INTRADE) puts her at the front of the list.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »
I wish Palin would disappear. She is so irrelevant to this country.
Watching The Haters

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 01:42:04 PM »

Really chimps?  So if Rush, Bush, etc... made the comments that this guy or Obama did you would be ok with it?

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 01:43:10 PM »
Really? How do you figure that? Calling people a f-ing retard is acceptable for a presidents advisor?

he didnt call anyone retarded, he called the idea retarded. big difference if youre trying to split hairs (like you are)

retard:
1 : to slow up especially by preventing or hindering advance or accomplishment : impede
2 : to delay academic progress by failure to promote

by the way....i read this article on Yahoo about 2 hours ago....which political affiliation are they with?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 01:43:55 PM »
Rahm is a prick, don't get me wrong, I can't stand the guy...

But a person can only be "deeply offended" a few dozen times before you realize they aren't the tough MOFO you want running a country in a very safe world.  

I liked the fact that Bush didn't hold a press conference talking about how offended he was by saddam's actions - he just bombed them.  He didn't tweet about bin laden - he dropped bombs.  Politicians on facebook whining about shit - instead of actually doing something - is weak.  

If she was to announce this is the last straw with this obama monstrosity, and she's throwing her hat into the ring to run, I'd respect it.  If she just says "I'm offended and he should be fired", well, she can get in line with millions of others who are bitching about Obama but doing nothing about it.  If you don't like the job he's doing - Run against him.  Donate some of that speaking fee $ you're using to buy your own books to the GOP so they can win some senate seats back :)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 01:44:08 PM »
FUCK YOU , YOU FUCKING RETARDED RETARD

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 01:45:27 PM »
We have a politics board for this crap.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 01:47:56 PM »
he didnt call anyone retarded, he called the idea retarded. big difference if youre trying to split hairs (like you are)

retard:
1 : to slow up especially by preventing or hindering advance or accomplishment : impede
2 : to delay academic progress by failure to promote

by the way....i read this article on Yahoo about 2 hours ago....which political affiliation are they with?

wes, you know that in the context of its use that dumbass didn't mean it was an "impeding" idea.  He's a prick and got called out on it.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 01:52:15 PM »
wes, you know that in the context of its use that dumbass didn't mean it was an "impeding" idea.  He's a prick and got called out on it.

agree to a point. but i also think that if youre gonna make it news worthy and demand apologies....you should make a more solid argument if a "retard" like me can simply sweep it under the rug with a one post definition.

my point is...theyre really trying to stretch....to grasp at ANYTHING......

semantics......

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 01:56:56 PM »
You know what's funny...

Today Obama slipped in some serious taxes on the middle class that would really piss off most people.

But we're not hearing about it.  Because FOX is reporting on 3 stories above it.  First, the Tea Party factions are fighting.  Next, palin is offended.  Finally, "Dont ask, Dont tell" is pissing people off.

So, instead of getting some people really riled up about this BS that Obama is slipping in on taxing middle class - we're hearing about these other 3 stories that really don't affect us in any way.  I commented on the poli board 3 hours ago on this.  Biggest move obama's made to screw the middle class - yet FOX and repubs messaeg board members are all riled up over Don't Ask and Rahm's Comment.

it's like they WANT to lose in 2010 and 2012 :(

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 02:02:34 PM »
Really chimps?  So if Rush, Bush, etc... made the comments that this guy or Obama did you would be ok with it?
I gotta come clean, lads. I grew up with the word retard; it's part of my vocab. 'Don't be a farking 'retard,' I'd say, still say. And I totally laughed when that guy was called a monster 'tard in The Ringer. But this guy is a Pol and they are known for shitty language, and this happened in, what, in August and only surfacing now!? C'mon, this is lightweight. Sure, he shouldn't have said it, but it comes nowhere near what Rush says daily or Bush on a good gaffe. Sweet jeebus, if I was miked everyday I would be lynched in a week.

/if it's any consolation, word is that rahm's gonna resign because he is just too abrasive dealing with congress  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2010, 02:06:49 PM »
LOL... Palin caught wind of Rahm's impending resignation and decided to try to take credit for it by calling for it.

Hey, I'm gonna wait until it gets cloudy.  Then I'll do a rain dance.  Then it'll rain. Everyone's gonna be so impressed with my control over the weather.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 02:10:16 PM »
LOL... Palin caught wind of Rahm's impending resignation and decided to try to take credit for it by calling for it.

Hey, I'm gonna wait until it gets cloudy.  Then I'll do a rain dance.  Then it'll rain. Everyone's gonna be so impressed with my control over the weather.
Good call, Rob. Man, you're more cynical than I am. You need help, bro.   ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 02:11:45 PM »
so the fuck what ? get a life JME... its a word and it wasnt used maliciously towards mentally handicapped.. are homosexuals supposed to be mad evrytime someone calls a cigarette a f  a  g?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 02:12:55 PM »
hahah it's a very smart move on Palin's part, politically.

She can't tell you much about US history or economics, but she is damn good at playing the politics game.  Some people are stupid enough to buy into it, just as some people believed Obama would pay their mortgage.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 02:13:14 PM »
I gotta come clean, lads. I grew up with the word retard; it's part of my vocab. 'Don't be a farking 'retard,' I'd say, still say. And I totally laughed when that guy was called a monster 'tard in The Ringer. But this guy is a Pol and they are known for shitty language, and this happened in, what, in August and only surfacing now!? C'mon, this is lightweight. Sure, he shouldn't have said it, but it comes nowhere near what Rush says daily or Bush on a good gaffe. Sweet jeebus, if I was miked everyday I would be lynched in a week.

/if it's any consolation, word is that rahm's gonna resign because he is just too abrasive dealing with congress  

Hey, I'm there with you, but I think an official who has input on major decisions, etc....has to be above that.  They need to be, and absolutely should be, held to a higher moral code than the avg goof on the street......like you or me.  ;D

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 02:29:16 PM »
did someone say retard?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 02:32:56 PM »
did someone say retard?

haha, classic stuff.