Author Topic: For 333 - Our Resident Commie Hunter  (Read 60924 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
For 333 - Our Resident Commie Hunter
« on: February 02, 2010, 08:30:11 PM »
Hey 333 - you keep ranting about all the Marxist/Communist in our country (including the POTUS). Can you show me one thing on this list that even comes close to what we have today

The following is from WIKI:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Communist_Manifesto

According to the Communist Manifesto, all these were prior conditions for a transition from capitalism to communism, but Marx and Engels later expressed a desire to modernize this passage.

1.   Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2.   A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3.   Abolition of all right of inheritance.
4.   Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5.   Centralisation of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and         an exclusive monopoly.
6.   Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
7.   Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8.   Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9.   Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of the population over the country.
10.  Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.[8]

According to the Communist Manifesto, all these were prior conditions for a transition from capitalism to communism, but Marx and Engels later expressed a desire to modernize this passage.[9]

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Re: For 333 - Our Resident Commie Hunter
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 09:12:19 PM »
1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 10 are all being aggressively pursued by liberal Democrats, especially through excessive taxation and federal regulation.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 09:40:29 PM »
Straw, maybe you should have done some more research before posting, like brixton said lots of these are being pursued. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 09:59:53 PM »
Straw, maybe you should have done some more research before posting, like brixton said lots of these are being pursued. 

well.....I've been pretty busy

no excuses though

let's start with#1

why should I be worried about the abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 04:48:34 AM »
1.   Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
________________________ ________

We are quickly approaching that with massive property taxation to the point where you dont actually own your property.   

2.   A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
________________________ ________________________ _

Who is screaming for that Straw?  The left.  BTW - many on the left like yourself think taxes are too low and need to go much higher.  Additionally, the end of the Bush tax custs effectively hikes the effective tax rates. 

The only fair tax is the national flat sales tax with no exemptions whatsoever. 

3.   Abolition of all right of inheritance.
________________________ ________________________ ________

Again - who pushes for that Straw - the right or left.  in the year 2010 there is no estate tax because of the bush tax custs, however, next year it goes to 45%! and then 55%!  Its pure fucking bullshit because the money has already been taxed many times over and often leads families to take out expensive insurance policies and/or sell of productive assets like farms or businesses to fund the criminals in govt. 

4.   Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
________________________ ________________________ __________

Why bother?  The criminal govt already confiscates the property of residents as it is.

5.   Centralisation of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and         an exclusive monopoly.
________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _________

We already have that via the Federal Reserve.  BTW - I see all the time on DU and HP the marxists like yourself screaming for nationalization of the banks by the Govt.     

6.   Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _____________

"Fairness Doctrine" anyone? ? ? 

7.   Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
________________________ ________________________ ____________________

Takeover of GM, "open space" laws, "sustainable development" laws, etc.  Again who pushes all this crap Straw? 

8.   Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
________________________ ________________________ ________________________

Dont know exactly what that means.  "Card Check" comes to mind though. 

9.   Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of the population over the country.
________________________ ________________________ _____________________

We are rapidly approaching that with the Fedzilla passing along all sorts of mandates to localtieis which in essence make the localties subservient to the Fed Govt.  It was never supposed to be that way.  I caN GIVE YOU HUNDREDS OF EXAMPLES OF THIS. 

10.  Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.[8]
________________________ ________________________ ____ 

We already have that. 

________________________ ________________________

Straw, good list and I did not realize how close the left wing of this country actually are to being full blown communists. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 04:55:49 AM »
Yeah that worked out well Straw.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 06:28:55 AM »
Yeah that worked out well Straw.

I did not even realize how close my assertions are. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 06:43:45 AM »
I did not even realize how close my assertions are.  

that's because none of them are close

I thought you'd jump on the graduated tax thing first.  

You realize that even with rolling back the Bush tax cuts our rates would be exactly what they were under Clinton and lower than they were under Reagan.  Were we headed toward Communism when Reagan was in office? And of course taxes are much lower now than they were in the 60's and 70's.   Were we closer to communism then than we are now?

Going back to #1 - are you high man?

Property taxes vary widely by state but and even within the state depending on when you bought the property (my neighbor pays 1/3 of what I pay and we have the same house).   How does property tax equate to  "Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes"?

Explain that to me sufficiently and then I'll address the rest of your absurd responses

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 06:50:27 AM »

You realize that even with rolling back the Bush tax cuts our rates would be exactly what they were under Clinton and lower than they were under Reagan.  Were we headed toward Communism when Reagan was in office? And of course taxes are much lower now than they were in the 60's and 70's.   Were we closer to communism then than we are now?

Property taxes vary widely by state but and even within the state depending on when you bought the property (my neighbor pays 1/3 of what I pay and we have the same house).   How does property tax equate to  "Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes"?

Explain that to me sufficiently and then I'll address the rest of your absurd responses

This is why you are a marxist stooge yourself.  You are so brain-dead you dont realize what you are. 

I gave brief but accurate statements on each of them.  And by the way moron, we have not always had the income tax to fund the govt.

As for your statement about property tax, the higher taxes, regulations, impediments, restrictions, etc, basically make your property not really yours.  Dont pay your property taxes and see what happens. 

Place a fence within the setback requirements and see what happens. 

Cut down some bs tree on some dumb list and see what happens. 

You own you property in theory, not reality.  You are merely a renter to the govt since if you dont pay your taxes they can insitute foreclosure proceeedings.  You dont own squat, you only think you do. 

And what about the others Straw?   

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 06:51:00 AM »

We have been headed this way for a long time now.  Not just under Bush or Obama.

It's sad you aren't worried about private property rights.  It's a mainstay of what this country was founded on.  

It doesn't matter what the tax rate is...it doesn't address the progressive tax issue which is very unfair, complicated, and meant to cause distrust and disruption among the working class.  That is all it is designed to be.  You keep arguing about the rate while not addressing this main issue...government loves it, the people don't; what does that tell you?

Big government isn't the answer.  Never has been and it never will be.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 06:52:28 AM »
We have been headed this way for a long time now.  Not just under Bush or Obama.

It's sad you aren't worried about private property rights.  It's a mainstay of what this country was founded on.  

It doesn't matter what the tax rate is...it doesn't address the progressive tax issue which is very unfair, complicated, and meant to cause distrust and disruption among the working class.  That is all it is designed to be.  You keep arguing about the rate while not addressing this main issue...government loves it, the people don't; what does that tell you?

Big government isn't the answer.  Never has been and it never will be.

Straw believes in every nearly every tenent of the communist manifesto as listed above yet doesnt have the balls to call himself a communist. 

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 06:52:40 AM »
This is why you are a marxist stooge yourself.  You are so brain-dead you dont realize what you are. 

I gave brief but accurate statements on each of them.  And by the way moron, we have not always had the income tax to fund the govt.

As for your statement about property tax, the higher taxes, regulations, impediments, restrictions, etc, basically make your property not really yours.  Dont pay your property taxes and see what happens. 

Place a fence within the setback requirements and see what happens. 

Cut down some bs tree on some dumb list and see what happens. 

You own you property in theory, not reality.  You are merely a renter to the govt since if you dont pay your taxes they can insitute foreclosure proceeedings.  You dont own squat, you only think you do. 

And what about the others Straw?   

Bingo!  Take it from a surveyor that deals with these things everyday!  You don't own your property!  Habeus Corpus wasn't intended for private developers to take your land but guess what?  They can and do use it in court.  Fucking sad.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 06:55:03 AM »
Anyone who truly believes they own their property is delusional.  Its a complete farce and Straw needs to STFU before this thread really backfires on him since I have not even gone into depth on these issues. 

Almost every thing he listed I can discuss at length as to how it is occuring here daily and pushed by the left wing. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 07:00:13 AM »
Anyone who truly believes they own their property is delusional.  Its a complete farce and Straw needs to STFU before this thread really backfires on him since I have not even gone into depth on these issues. 

Almost every thing he listed I can discuss at length as to how it is occuring here daily and pushed by the left wing. 
I live in a deed state

I absolutely own my property

you're a lawyer right? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 07:02:22 AM »
I live in a deed state

you're a lawyer right? 

Don't pay your property taxes and see how much you "own". 

Try cutting down a "protected tree" on your property and see what happenes.

Read the "Kelo" decision on eminent domain and see how the courts now regard your property rights. 

You think you own it, but you really dont. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 07:06:05 AM »
A Layman's Look at the Communist Manifesto
by John Keller

www.lewrockwell.com
________________________ ________________________ ________-

The Communist Manifesto is one of those documents I was aware of, but had never taken the time to actually read. As a woefully undereducated product of the public education system, I somehow managed to slip by the class that required reading of the old Marx and Engels classic. So, in the course of continuing liberty self-education, I found a translation on the web in order to better understand this failed canon of anti-freedom. My reaction: wow. The Communist Manifesto, written in 1848, looks a lot like the Democratic Party Positions, written in 2000.

The Pseudo-History of Class Warfare

The first chapter of the Manifesto is a rambling pseudo-history that rails against the bourgeois as the historically re-incarnated oppressors vis-à-vis the continually oppressed proletariat. I was reminded of the slave reparations, minority oppression, women oppression, and other Democratic Party class based arguments. The second chapter is a lengthy list of "Bourgeois" complaints against the generally perceived Communist aims, and the communist response to them. Among the Bourgeois complaints the manifesto defends are: abolition of family, abolition of religion, socialization of education, and abolition of nations. Does this remind us of current complaints within the political system? Interestingly, the manifesto presents the following observation regarding the abolition of nations:

National differences and antagonism between peoples are daily more and more vanishing, owing to the development of the bourgeoisie, to freedom of commerce, to the world market, to uniformity in the mode of production and in the conditions of life corresponding thereto.

This is a fairly prescient assessment, given the franchise-ization of the world. As an aside, I spent 9 months in various cities as part of my job in 1998. The thing that surprised me most in my tour of 30-odd medium and large American town was the uniformity. Like Edward Norton in Fight Club, I found the same hotel soaps in the same hotels, next to the same Applebee’s or Chili’s. It was Generica, not America. That, however, is a different article; one that addresses how government zoning laws and tax schemes aide and abet big business in destroying small, local competition. Back to the original point, however, I wonder what Marx and Engels saw as the downside to the vanishing of "antagonism between peoples" that bourgeoisie and freedom of commerce had brought about. I suppose it was their follow-on predication, which is wrong.

The supremacy of the proletariat will cause them (national differences and antagonism) to vanish still faster.

The Tyranny of Democracy

Like any wacko manifesto, the Communist Manifesto has just enough facts, just enough history, and just enough lucid observations to cover the other 90% of it, which is utter crap. One of the lucid observations in the Manifesto, is that the proletariat constitute the majority of the population. The communists realized that by organizing the proletariat politically, they could just vote themselves more power. This is one of the two the real gems of chapter two. It explains a great deal about the tyranny of democracy, and the modus operandi of our current political parties.

The Politics of Jealousy

The other gem in chapter two immediately follows the observation that the proletariat must first seize control of "political supremacy". Once that is accomplished, well, Marx and Engels say it best: "The proletariat will use its political supremacy to wrest, by degree, all capital from the bourgeoisie, to centralize all instruments of production in the hands of the state…" The Democrats, like the Communists, realize that by dividing people into groups, all with a chip on their shoulder against the oppressor, they can vote themselves chunks of the oppressors’ property. Let’s call this the politics of jealousy and victimhood. I suppose this explains how communism could organize itself, at least initially. There will always be people of extraordinary talent running businesses, inventing new things, and generally pushing the boundaries of science, technology, and commerce. Let’s use Bill Gates as an example of this natural elite. For every Bill Gates, there are a thousand Joe Programmers at Microsoft who are smart and talented. They are the second line of the elite, in Marx’s view, the bourgeois. For every Joe Programmer at Microsoft, there are a thousand Mary Secretaries, a thousand Bob Lawnmower, a thousand Doug Factoryworker, and Susie Governmentbureaucrat; these are the proletariat in the Marxian view. None of them have the combination of mental ability, circumstance, and determination that Bill Gates has, and most of them know it. However, these thousands have a lot more votes than Bill and his programmers. Those votes are political power, and the Marxists know it.

The 10 Measures of Communism

And how will the proletariat use their political clout to wrest capital away from the capitalists? With the 10 measures Marx and Engels laid out in 1848. As the master communists aver, the exact implementation will vary slightly from county to country, but will follow the general thrust of the measures.

Here are the 10 measures the proletariat will use to bring about the full realization of the communist utopian dream, once they have the political power:

Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
Centralization of credit in the banks of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the state.
Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country.
Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc.

Take a second to compare them with the Democratic Party Positions. Note that the communists speak in terms of oppressed and oppressor, guilty rich, and noble worker, just like the Democrats. Solely by observing the title link of the various positions, you can see the Democrats place no value on Americans in general, but play race and class warfare by dividing people into ethnic, social, gender, and special interest groups.

Observations on The Communist Goals

Here are the 10 points from the Communist Manifesto again, with a few observations.

Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.

The communist revolution is about half successful here. Private property rights are eroded daily in this country. Property Tax in most areas goes directly to fund the "public purpose" of public education. (confer #10). The US government is the single largest land owner, but instead of selling off "public" land, the government continues to acquire more under the guide of "protecting wilderness" or some other such nonsense. The land under direct federal control is not the only property held by the government. The use of executive branch regulatory edicts to put severe restrictions on private property has the effect of putting much more property in the hands of the government. Do you really own that South Florida beachfront property if you can’t build a beach house on it? As long as it’s to save the Red Mangrove, Loggerhead Turtle, and Brown Pelican, you see.

A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.

Can someone please explain how a flat tax RATE is not already graduated? A truly flat tax would be something like $500 per person per year. A graduated tax is 5% per person per year. A punitive tax on innovation and achievement is our current manipulative system. When historians look back at the United States, they will ask how, in this day and age of instant access to information and history, a people could fail to see the obvious parallels between the Gestapo, the KGB, and the IRS. They all use fear, intimidation, spying, and invasion of privacy to keep people in line. This awful agency should be abolished and replaced with nothing. The tax code is such an obvious tool of social manipulation that it absolutely disgusts me. Do you think its any coincidence that the tax code has a marriage penalty, and the number of unmarried couples living together has gone up? Check off one of the previously stated goals of the communists as partially achieved: abolition of the family.

Abolition of all rights of inheritance.

Well, the current Estate Tax rate of 55% means we’re just over half way towards this one. Part of the communist goal of ultimate state power is the destruction of the family (outlined in chapter 2 of the manifesto). One of the ties that bind families together, as well as encourage parents to work for the betterment of their children is the promise of leaving an estate or inheritance. By legislating that the property owned and accumulated over a lifetime can’t be passed on, we help replace the idea of the parent and family with the idea of a benevolent state. Further, the idea of ownership of one’s labor and the property earned by it is undermined. One of the tests of ownership is the ability to grant a thing to another person. If you aren’t free to do that, you don’t really own something.

Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.

The US has relatively few emigrants, but we have plenty of rebels. While assorted tax resistors and government regulatory resistors fall in the rebel category, the new favorite catch-all prosecutorial group is "suspected" drug dealers. Suppose I sell my 1986 Honda CRX for $800 cash, then drive to the bank to deposit it, get stopped on the way, searched (under duress, naturally), and the cop decides the cash might be used for drugs. Buh-bye cash. I just might be a drug dealer. I’m suspected, and suspicion is all it takes. No need to worry about due process or anything, kind of like Salem, circa 1692. This is the drug war. Police Forces can confiscate your entire house if they find one pot leaf in it. The same holds true for your car, or boat. Having a pile of money that could be used to buy drugs is suspicious.

The drug war has flown this one in under the Radar of most commie-fighting Republicans who roundly support the new prohibition, but as Marx and Engels noted "The forms these take will vary from country to country". The Communists are ends-justify-the means kind of folks.

Centralization of credit in the banks of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.

Done. Don’t think so? Quick, who’s Chairman of the Federal Reserve? That’s right, our good friend, Alan Greenspan. He and the rest of the board set the prime-lending rate, and control the money supply. In my Keynesian slanted Macro Economic class, they called this "fiscal and monetary policy". After a good dose of Austrian economics, I now spot it as "Objective 5 of the Communist Manifesto – Government Command Economy" or "taxation via inflation". Control of the banking system by the fed is so complete that Wall Street, the supposed paragon of free-market capitalism, wags up and down to the mumblings of a single un-elected bureaucrat.

Centralization of the means of communication and transport in he hands of the state.

AT&T was a government sanctioned monopoly for 70 years. Thanks to the heroic Carter Phone Company making a phone other than black, and suing to break the government imposed monopoly, the communications industry has been making spectacular progress after begin stifled for three-quarters of a century, thanks to Uncle Stalin, errr, Sam. Jeremy Sapienza asks if we might not be online in 1950 if not for Intellectual Property restrictions. Given that the telephone took 67 years to get to 50% of US households thanks to the strangling effects of monopoly status, compared with 6 years for the World Wide Web to hit 50%, Mr. Sapienza may be right.

While the free market has broken the communications impasse electronically, the real world still has only one choice for "first class" mail, and the transportation system is still in the hands of the state. Think about this the next time you’re in traffic. When was the last time you went to a grocery store where the checkout lines were routinely so frustratingly long that the patrons started shooting each other. I would love nothing better than for a private company to start leasing tracts of land on the north side of Atlanta, build an outer perimeter based on profit sharing of toll revenue collected from wireless tags, and then watch the MARTA and highway planning goofballs tear their hair. What kind of organization actually plans 20 years down the road when traffic jams are driving people bonkers today? A government agency of course. Back to the communist aspects of this, the central planners love the idea that everyone has the same kind of transportation. How dare we express individuality, or class distinction based on the kind of car we drive.

Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.

Governor Gray Davis of California has a few things to say about this: namely, he’s all for it. In fact, having wrecked havoc on California’s electric and utility companies through price controls, he’s proposed confiscating them and giving them to the state to run. Governor Davis, welcome to the pantheon of fellow communist confiscators: Mao, Stalin, and Castro.

Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.

Marx and Engels knew that growing food in a collective commune would require some of the very productivity advances brought about by capitalism and the industrial revolution in order to supply anything above a subsistence level. The solution for them was that everyone would work, and agriculture would use industrial techniques. In this analysis, they were correct: agriculture in the 21st century is often referred to as agribusiness. It looks a lot more like steel refining than the picturesque farmer of yore, tilling his fields behind an ox, or the post Great Depression family farmer on his tractor. Hurray for it. Getting food was the daily occupation for most of humanity for as long as we’ve been on this planet. In 1800, it’s estimated that 80% of the American workforce was involved in farming. In 1990, it’s estimated that 3% of the American workforce was involved in farming. 3% of the population provides food for the other 97%, of their own free will, without hoarding, price fixing, or the other bugga-bears of the free market.

The modern form of the industrial army is undeniably the union. Just like an army, unions use force to get their way. Sometimes its physical force, other times political force. I fully support the freedom of and freedom from association. If a group of workers wants to form a club and bargain collectively, so be it. If their employer wants to fire them all together, well, that’s fine too. Naturally, the unions, consisting of the democratic mob, have passed legislation making it legal for them to organize, but illegal for their employer to terminate them. Forward the communist army!

Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country.

The original aim of this communist policy seems to be melding the oppressor and oppressed classes: a mass of proletariat concentrated in the city, a countryside of peasant farmers, and a few aristocracy with massive tracts of hereditary land. Notice the reference to "equable distribution" of the populace. This can only be accomplished by land redistribution. The communists saw the distinction between city dwellers, townies, and country folk. They knew the city, filled with factory workers, was their natural base from which to mount an assault on the property rights conscious farmers and aristocratic landowners. While moving people into the countryside seems antithetical to today’s environmental movement, the two are actually after the same goal: reduction of property rights. The greens realize the communist goal by forcing the people out of the country, and into the city and suburbs. Think Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge in reverse. Thus, the common thread in these nihilistic, authoritarian political movements is revealed.

Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc.

Well, we’ve certainly reached the education camp ideal espoused in the communist manifesto. Instead of universal access to "free" education, we now have universal compulsory indoctrination. Look at the assault on home-schoolers for further proof. I asked a friend of mine who recently graduated with an education degree what she learned in her degree major classes. The response frightened me; she had learned how to control classroom behavior. She told me it usually "takes 3 or 4 years before children are broken in to the idea of a teacher in charge". She teaches 2nd graders. Stories of public school officials promoting political agendas are legion. Almost universally, that agenda takes its cues from the communist manifesto, and its modern keepers.

Back to point 10 of the Manifesto. The combination of education with industrial production looks exactly like the work to school programs that find such favor with our public education system. The abolition of factory slave labor, and the preservation of third world "habitat" are two verses in the same tribal chant of the neo-communist environmental movement. This is all in the name of preventing the third world country de jour in cahoots with Nike from wrecking the natural habitat of their beautiful swamps and deserts while exploiting the children, of course. The natural consequence that the now unemployed children will have to beg or prostitute themselves to stay fed is ignored by our enlightened watermelon (red with a thin green skin) protestors.

Conclusion

Am I suggesting some massive conspiracy to infiltrate the Democratic (and to a lesser degree the Republican) Party by the International Commune? No. What I am suggesting is that communists gravitate towards political parties that see no wrong in enforcing edicts via state control. I am also suggesting that people with authoritarian tendencies will never come out and directly say that they want to run your life. They’ll tell you to support some piece of legislation in the name of fairness, or the environment, or safety, or the children, or "our" future, or humanitarian intervention, or national security. Those who oppose are branded heartless, or selfish, or sadistic, or cowardly, or stupid, or greedy. The collectivists make the claim to the moral high ground based on the false assumption that they know what’s best for someone else, and how dare you get in the way. The worst part may be the fact that most Americans don’t realize the stated goals of communism, and the means to achieve those goals are at work in our society today. I suppose most people assume the communists will come out and say they want to run your life. No one can be enslaved all at once; no one would volunteer for it. But the incremental approach to control is insidious, and dishonest. It doesn’t speak its name, since detection would render people alert to it, and ready to destroy it. Well, folks, here’s your wakeup call. You will know the authoritarians are attempting to gain control by reading their Manifesto in their own words. It’s plain as day if you take the time to read it.

________________________ ________________________ ______

Exactly what I said above on almost all points. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 07:06:50 AM »
A "deed" state?

You "absolutely" own your property?

Give me a break. Wake up and smell the coffee straw. You couldn't be more wrong on this stuff.

The rule against perpatuities, the death tax, the estate tax, EPA regulations,  property taxes, zoning restrictions, eminant domain, etc.-- Regulation after regulation after regulation errodes the value of your ownership rights and most do not realize it.  

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 07:09:56 AM »
I live in a deed state

you're a lawyer right? 

333 has you on that one.  What about if you have any utility easements running through your property?  While they are needed they are not your property yet you pay for the taxes on that property and are required to maintain it.  Why would you pay for, get taxed, and have to maintain property that you don't own?  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 07:12:37 AM »
A "deed" state?

You "absolutely" own your property?

Give me a break. Wake up and smell the coffee straw. You couldn't be more wrong on this stuff.

The rule against perpatuities, the death tax, the estate tax, EPA regulations,  property taxes, zoning restrictions, eminant domain, etc.-- Regulation after regulation after regulation errodes the value of your ownership rights and most do not realize it.  

"Adverse Posession" as well GW.   Remember those cases? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 07:15:13 AM »
Don't pay your property taxes and see how much you "own". 
Try cutting down a "protected tree" on your property and see what happenes.
Read the "Kelo" decision on eminent domain and see how the courts now regard your property rights. 
You think you own it, but you really dont. 

you think if I don't pay my property taxes that proves I don't own my property?
you think because some cities have ordinances regarding trees that I don't own my property?

from the little I know about it, I don't agree with the Kelo decision but that really has to do with state/local governments.  

Oddly, Bush issued an executive order instructing the government to use emminent domain and I'm not aware that Obama has done so.  Wouldn't that make Bush more of a Commie that Obama.

I live in a nice residential subdivision and when the government starts wiping these out en masse to build communist re-edcuation centers then you might be on to something.   Right now you're just completely deluded on this subject

James

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 07:15:31 AM »

What are you smoking ?

When Reagan was elected, the top Income Tax was already at 70%, and before he was done, it was at 28%

Take a look:  (Reagan was elected in 1980, and his last year in office was 1988)

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/OnlyObvious/Tax_Rates/TopTaxBracket_TaxRate.jpg

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 07:21:17 AM »
you think because some cities have ordinances regarding trees that I don't own my property?

from the little I know about it, I don't agree with the Kelo decision but that really has to do with state/local governments.  

Oddly, Bush issued an executive order instructing the government to use emminent domain and I'm not aware that Obama has done so.  Wouldn't that make Bush more of a Commie that Obama.

I live in a nice residential subdivision and when the government starts wiping these out en masse to build communist re-edcuation centers then you might be on to something.   Right now you're just completely deluded on this subject

Kelo was a SC decision that changed eminent domain laws radically.  Read on it.  In fact, that decision to me was the one I was begging Palin would spit out in the Couric interview. 

If anyone asked me that question, KELO would have come out immediately since it was such an assault on property rights. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 07:21:53 AM »

Did you read the article I posted? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 07:27:59 AM »
What are you smoking ?

When Reagan was elected, the top Income Tax was already at 70%, and before he was done, it was at 28%

Take a look:  (Reagan was elected in 1980, and his last year in office was 1988)

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/OnlyObvious/Tax_Rates/TopTaxBracket_TaxRate.jpg

Reagan raised taxes 11 times (and Bush 1 raised them too) including the largest corporate tax increase in history, increased social security withtholding (and then was the first POTUS to borrow against it) and, oh yeah, massively increased the federal debt too

http://firedoglake.com/2009/02/01/newsflash-ronald-reagan-raised-taxes-you-idiots/

James

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 07:30:21 AM »
Reagan cut the top bracket by 42%   

To this day, many Democrats still blame Reagan for cutting taxes too much