Author Topic: Strikeforce likely to counter program WEC ppv in April  (Read 1049 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Strikeforce likely to counter program WEC ppv in April
« on: February 03, 2010, 08:38:15 PM »
According to Josh Gross formerly of sherdog, now of Sports Illustrated.  That would definately be bad news considering we would be seeing Fedor,Hendo,Gergard,Shields for free, compared to a premature and kinda pricey WEC PPV.
Predictions
 40/61

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: Strikeforce likely to counter program WEC ppv in April
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 06:16:35 AM »
Gee Whiz--

Cue Mindspin to chime in any second and tell us how Fedor should be fighting for WEC because he will make more money.  ::)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 10:03:25 AM »
Gee Whiz--

Cue Mindspin to chime in any second and tell us how Fedor should be fighting for WEC because he will make more money.  ::)

How could Fedor fight for the WEC?  They don't have a heavyweight class ::)

You know, there is no bigger indicator of stupidity, than someone who argues ad nauseum about something they know so little about.  :-\

Bad move by Strikeforce to go on the offense like that.  While I do think that they would get more views with a free event that has all of their top athletes in it vs. a WEC PPV, they are simply pissing off the UFC and waking the sleeping giant.

You guys are forgetting, I know a lot of Strikeforce fighters including my own BJJ coach.  None are happy about how few shows they have, how little they pay and how Showtime getting involved is screwing everything up.  They should know their niche and stop trying to overtake the UFC...

w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 11:59:39 AM »
Gosh really?

I thought the WEC had tons of HW's!  ::)

It was sarcasm genius.

And BTW your observation that challenging the WEC will piss of the UFC-- the sleeping giant as you call it, is retarded. What's the UFC going to do in retaliation? Have another 15 PPV events in a row with two past their prime 40 something year old's fighting to restore their former glory? Maybe Ortiz Griffin 3? How about Anderson Silva and Rich Franklin for the 3rd time?

Your refusal to acknowledge that Strikeforce puts out a sustainable alternative to the UFC is comical. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 12:02:27 PM »
Gosh really?

I thought the WEC had tons of HW's!  ::)

It was sarcasm genius.

And BTW your observation that challenging the WEC will piss of the UFC-- the sleeping giant as you call it, is retarded. What's the UFC going to do in retaliation? Have another 15 PPV events in a row with two past their prime 40 something year old's fighting to restore their former glory? Maybe Ortiz Griffin 3? How about Anderson Silva and Rich Franklin for the 3rd time?

Your refusal to acknowledge that Strikeforce puts out a sustainable alternative to the UFC is comical.  

;D

Mindspin won't admit but it's pretty clear that he's got a vested interest in the UFC, so it's really not surprising that he's playing white knight for it.

Any true MMA fan wants to see two organizations. It forces each organization to put on their best cards, which is what we got for the most part when Pride and UFC were competing. Since the UFC bought PRIDE and destroyed it, the events have spiraled from all legit cards to one good card followed by four shitty ones. Competition is a good thing and I hope Strikeforce continues to grow (which it probably will).

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 01:19:05 PM »
Gosh really?

I thought the WEC had tons of HW's!  ::)

It was sarcasm genius.

I'm still waiting for you guys to respond to the facts-based beating I gave you on the other thread ::)  What's the UFC going to do if push comes to shove?  A lot more than counter programing genius :D  From locking up more fighters to blocking sponsors.  And if it comes down to it, buy them outright just as they did to Pride...lol Horseface still hasn't recovered :-*

Oh, and please don't put words in my mouth.  I've never said that "Strikeforce does not put out a sustainable alternative to the UFC".  I believe they do.  In fact I've been to more Strikeforce shows than UFC shows.  However, UFC is the best and has the best fighters.  If Fedor wants to be considered the best, he should be fighting the best.  It's that simple 8)
w