Author Topic: I need help with westside  (Read 2052 times)

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
I need help with westside
« on: February 04, 2010, 07:08:43 AM »
I have been reading tons of info regarding westside training method and I got the idea. However as far as training programs is concerned, I can only find vague templates that don't explain or express all the exercises that we should perform day by day, week by week. They only say "Max effort day Squat", then they express the supplemental work but it is not explained how many sets and reps of squat(what kind of squat), etc, and the same goes to the other exercises.

All I am asking is for a training routine just like the ones that I've found for Sheiko (I did sheiko last year and I didn't like it).

Can anyone post one here please?
S

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Re: I need help with westside
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 04:41:11 PM »
I think that Zach Trowbridge has a link to a nice template like that. PM him and see.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 07:19:22 AM »
MAX EFFORT SQUAT DAY-You pick one excersise and work up to a max.Examples could be safety squat bar squats,round back good mornings,some kind of pull etc.Anything that works the muscles that squat and deadlift,that mimick the movement without being the movement.You wotk up to a max single and warmup with tripples.

After that you work the muscles that squat and pull such as glute ham raises,reverse hypers,45 degree hypers,bent rows, etc.Pick two  excersises plus abs and some lats and  your done.Usually 3 or 4 sets of each are done for as many reps as you want,I do about 6-10 on those and 5s on rowing movements.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 11:27:27 AM »
MAX EFFORT SQUAT DAY-You pick one excersise and work up to a max.Examples could be safety squat bar squats,round back good mornings,some kind of pull etc.Anything that works the muscles that squat and deadlift,that mimick the movement without being the movement.You wotk up to a max single and warmup with tripples.

After that you work the muscles that squat and pull such as glute ham raises,reverse hypers,45 degree hypers,bent rows, etc.Pick two  excersises plus abs and some lats and  your done.Usually 3 or 4 sets of each are done for as many reps as you want,I do about 6-10 on those and 5s on rowing movements.
That's what I have been doing, but thanks anyway. I increased my squat, but I am having a hard time in deadlift!
S

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 08:45:18 AM »
That's what I have been doing, but thanks anyway. I increased my squat, but I am having a hard time in deadlift!

Pull more on the dynamic day as a secondary movement.For example,one week pull from the rack with quaded purple bands,the next week pull from the floor with doubled minis,the next week stand on mats and pull.At westside they pull every dynamic day and then on max effort day they pull for a max every third workout or so,on different heights with different band set ups or with chains etc.