Author Topic: For your viewing pleasure  (Read 7502 times)

burn2live

• Getbig IV
For your viewing pleasure
« on: February 04, 2010, 08:54:32 AM »
The last few weeks I have been free of chest infections and injury. My back pain has also been absent for almost two weeks. Hopefully it doesn't return for a while! I turned 22 last Friday and this workout is from the following day. I'm hoping I'm developing some man strength! Weight is about 242. Results below.

Second day in Boss briefs, 307.5kg (676lbs) squat. I know it's not to depth, but it's getting there and is still easy:

Working in my Super Katana off a four board. I know I didn't hold it at the top, but my wrists were shitting themselves by this stage of the workout. lol. This Saturday I am dropping to a two and will see what happens. 260kg (572lbs) off a four:

There are more videos from the same day on my youtube, including a previous poor attempt at the 307.5kg squat and a hairy moment with 260kg off the 4.

This Saturday I think it's time I attempt to make depth on the squat and take the bench off 2. Ideally hit depth with 700lb and make my way back up with it  ;D

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Re: For your viewing pleasure
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 04:39:33 PM »
You're a beast! Great work!

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 06:00:23 AM »
You're a beast! Great work!

Cheers man :)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 09:42:25 AM »
just plain SICK work man! That squat went FAST! you're just shy of getting there man..and with 676in multiply briefs that's pretty damn crazy! GREAT STUFF AND HAPPY BDAY!

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 10:32:03 AM »
just plain SICK work man! That squat went FAST! you're just shy of getting there man..and with 676in multiply briefs that's pretty damn crazy! GREAT STUFF AND HAPPY BDAY!

Thanks a lot man  :) Going to try and take the squat a bit deeper tomorrow. Back is acting up today, but I'll see how it goes!

11venthhour

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 07:48:25 AM »
awesome videos, as usual!

is there a reason you went to geared lifting?

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 08:37:30 AM »
awesome videos, as usual!

is there a reason you went to geared lifting?

Well, there were a few reasons for me.

1) Hopefully it will prolong my lifting career. I don't feel that my joints take as much of a bumming and I don't feel nearly as beat up the next day.

2) To me, it's a logical step forward. I've lifted raw for almost 3 years now (broken up by injury) and I feel that equipped lifting is more technical and obviously the weights are more taxing.

3) It will open up more competitive associations to me. For example, the WPF and GPC. Also, all of the other guys in my club lift GPC. This means I can travel and compete with them. It will be a lot more fun!  :)

As an aside, training today I hit depth on 287.5kg for 3 singles. Now I know where I stand with my squat!
Benched 250kg off a 2 board and finished with 210kg x3 off the 2 board. Hopefully I will get touching with 210kg soon and I can formulate an idea of what my bench opener will be :)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 03:52:26 PM »
Good stuff dude... equipped lifting is a whole new kinda challenge.  Is the super katana your first bench shirt?  It's a tough shirt.  8)
:)

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 08:01:37 AM »
Good stuff dude... equipped lifting is a whole new kinda challenge.  Is the super katana your first bench shirt?  It's a tough shirt.  8)

Thanks Rip :)

It's my second. I fucked about in an old angled sleeve Katana before getting this one. It's starting to break in now. Loving it!

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 11:08:08 AM »
310kg squat just about to depth I think. Knees came in a bit, but I can work on that.

Thrilled with the workout today. I wasn't too hopeful seeing as I didn't get a chance to train at all last week and I was out on this piss during this week. Followed up this squat with a smooth 230kg full range bench. Progressing down the boards has worked a treat!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 11:18:04 AM »
Looked pretty close on depth but I would call it good. Great progress!

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 03:56:44 PM »
Looked pretty close on depth but I would call it good. Great progress!

Cheers dude. Hopefully it continues! Next comp 4th of April. Will be my first full powerlifting comp in equipment. (Deadlift will be raw though)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 06:25:11 PM »
thats a 680 lb squat! Made it look very easy, good job!
follow the arrows

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 02:29:40 AM »
thats a 680 lb squat! Made it look very easy, good job!

Cheers dude! 700lb is the next target. Ideally I hit it on the 4th of April  :)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 10:40:11 AM »
Awesome stuff Burn.  Keep it up!   8)

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 03:21:31 PM »
Awesome stuff Burn.  Keep it up!   8)

Thanks! Was just off the phone to my friend there. He and one of the others from the club have talked me into doing a GPC comp on the 13th of  March. My deadlift will be well below par, but hopefully I can put up a respectable total then as well as the 4th of April  :)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 04:04:55 PM »
Thanks! Was just off the phone to my friend there. He and one of the others from the club have talked me into doing a GPC comp on the 13th of  March. My deadlift will be well below par, but hopefully I can put up a respectable total then as well as the 4th of April  :)

Awesome.  'Tis the season, lots of people I know competing over the next couple months.  Make it a good warmup!