Author Topic: have u heard how they plan on changing teaching history in school starting from  (Read 3671 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
the year 1877?

once again oboma and his libs trying to rewrite history  >:(

this new mandate will start in northcarolina

they want to just forget about the founding principles :(
A

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
ron, please send this fgt back to timeout
I dont like twinks.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
the year 1877?

Of course it will start in North Carolina.  Goodrum is from there.  I heard Goodrum is on Obama's new council for Delusional People.  Just more letters to put after his name
No Worries 4 me

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
I heard they were just trying to pass this in NC....but you are correct, what a slap in the face to our countries founding fathers and history.....private school is the only way to go anymore.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Can't say I have.  Please detail these proposed changes for us.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V

they want to teach global history from starting at 1877 right when the progressive left wing movment begins
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
I hope they include the Spanish-American War.  No one remembers the Maine anymore.  :(

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V

Here is the actual proposal, if you want to read thru it.

http://www.ncpublicschools.org/acre/standards/phase2/

here is an article that explains it....

North Carolina Schools May Cut Chunk Out of U.S. History Lessons

Wednesday, February 03, 2010
 By Molly Henneberg

He may be the president who governed during the Civil War, freeing the slaves, but under a new curriculum proposal for North Carolina high schools, U.S. history would begin years after President Lincoln, with the presidency of Rutherford B. Hayes in 1877.

State education leaders say this may help students learn about more recent history in greater depth.

"We are certainly not trying to go away from American history," Rebecca Garland, the chief academic officer for North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, told Fox News. "What we are trying to do is figure out a way to teach it where students are connected to it, where they see the big idea, where they are able to make connections and draw relationships between parts of our history and the present day."

As the North Carolina curriculum stands now, ninth-grade students take world history, 10th-graders study civics and economics and 11th-graders take U.S. history going back to the country's founding.

Under the proposed change, the ninth-graders would take a course called global studies, focusing in part on issues such as the environment. The 10th grade still would study civics and economics, but 11th-graders would take U.S. history only from 1877 onward.

Math, science and English classes are also getting an update.

Critics say the state's decade-old high school curriculum may need an update — but not like this.

"The answer isn't to throw out fundamental portions of U.S. history," said Mike Belter, a U.S. history teacher and social studies director. "This is not preparing our kids to have a deep historical perspective that can be used to analyze modern events for themselves."

Educational policy analyst Terry Stoops agrees.

"I'm all for a global outlook, but it should not be at the expense of American history and learning about American institutions and ideas," he told Fox News.

But those considering the proposal say kids will still learn the basics.

"The students are in school for 13 years," said Garland. "They certainly are taught U.S. and North Carolina history in middle school."

Garland says they're making this curriculum revision process very public to get as much feedback as possible.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V

Here is the actual proposal, if you want to read thru it.

http://www.ncpublicschools.org/acre/standards/phase2/

here is an article that explains it....

North Carolina Schools May Cut Chunk Out of U.S. History Lessons

Wednesday, February 03, 2010
 By Molly Henneberg

He may be the president who governed during the Civil War, freeing the slaves, but under a new curriculum proposal for North Carolina high schools, U.S. history would begin years after President Lincoln, with the presidency of Rutherford B. Hayes in 1877.

State education leaders say this may help students learn about more recent history in greater depth.

"We are certainly not trying to go away from American history," Rebecca Garland, the chief academic officer for North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, told Fox News. "What we are trying to do is figure out a way to teach it where students are connected to it, where they see the big idea, where they are able to make connections and draw relationships between parts of our history and the present day."

As the North Carolina curriculum stands now, ninth-grade students take world history, 10th-graders study civics and economics and 11th-graders take U.S. history going back to the country's founding.

Under the proposed change, the ninth-graders would take a course called global studies, focusing in part on issues such as the environment. The 10th grade still would study civics and economics, but 11th-graders would take U.S. history only from 1877 onward.

Math, science and English classes are also getting an update.

Critics say the state's decade-old high school curriculum may need an update — but not like this.

"The answer isn't to throw out fundamental portions of U.S. history," said Mike Belter, a U.S. history teacher and social studies director. "This is not preparing our kids to have a deep historical perspective that can be used to analyze modern events for themselves."

Educational policy analyst Terry Stoops agrees.

"I'm all for a global outlook, but it should not be at the expense of American history and learning about American institutions and ideas," he told Fox News.

But those considering the proposal say kids will still learn the basics.

"The students are in school for 13 years," said Garland. "They certainly are taught U.S. and North Carolina history in middle school."

Garland says they're making this curriculum revision process very public to get as much feedback as possible.

they want to indoctranate students into more lies

any time you omit history something very wrong is going on
A

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
the year 1877?

yes they want to start form the "modern global era" (when the progressives started their movement).

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
I hope they include the Spanish-American War.  No one remembers the Maine anymore.  :(
Someone stole my bike. I was told it was in the basement of The Alamo.   :'(

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
What the idiots proposing this are overlooking is that America, despite our young age, do a terrible job of teaching early US history already.  Now to just not teach it at all is a WTF idea.  I've already emailed my senator about it, lets see what they have to say.  I'll post it, when they get back with me.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast

Remember Johnny:

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Someone stole my bike. I was told it was in the basement of The Alamo.   :'(

Good luck.  You'll have to go through this guy to get it.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
"I'll steal your honey, like I stole your bike..."

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
"I'll steal your honey history, like I stole your bike..."

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.

Its all brainwashing to fit into a unfit society

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Its all brainwashing to fit into a unfit society

yep there is a trend with people 5'10 and under (dwarfs) like adonis fail in mental capacity to grasp this however there are rare success within this height range
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
yep there is a trend with people 5'10 and under (dwarfs) like adonis fail in mental capacity to grasp this however there are rare success within this height range
So are you saying its a "short mans Disease"?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
So are you saying its a "short mans Disease"?

there is a correlation with shorter people acting more as "followers" and being unsuccessful in society and delinquients.  Shorter people also have lower on average income
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
there is a correlation with shorter people acting more as "followers" and being unsuccessful in society and delinquients.  Shorter people also have lower on average income
Are you saying that within a shorter statue the brain is not developed as much as a taller individual?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
The Colossus of Rhodes had an IQ of 237.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
The Colossus of Rhodes had an IQ of 237.
How tall was he?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
How tall was he?

"The Colossus of Rhodes was a statue of the Greek god Helios, erected in the city of Rhodes on the Greek island of Rhodes by Chares of Lindos between 292 and 280 BC. It is considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Before its destruction, the Colossus of Rhodes stood over 30 meters (107 ft) high, making it one of the tallest statues of the ancient world.[1]"

:D

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser
WTF why would they do this?

So events like the colonial settlements, declaration of independence, emancipation proclamation etc. are not relative to our HISTORY?  lol.