Author Topic: More lies from the Government about the UE% Rate.  (Read 3535 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
More lies from the Government about the UE% Rate.
« on: February 05, 2010, 06:29:20 AM »
NFP -20,000, Consensus +15,000, Non-Seasonally Adjusted Unemployment Rate (U3 And U6) Surges To Record 10.6% And 18%
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 02/05/2010 09:09 -0500

BLS Bureau of Labor Statistics Census Bureau Recession Unemployment Unemployment Insurance

www.zerohedge.com

________________________ ________________________ ______________

The January NFP number came in at -20,000, a mere 5k away from Goldman's -25,000 estimate. Consensus was for +15,000. December, as all prior months, saw an expected major downward revision to -150,000 from -85,000. The January Birth/Death adjustment was for -427K from +25K in December. Despite a deterioration in every metric, the unemployment rate dropped from 10.% to 9.7%, even with a consensus at 10.0%. A glitch in the excel model is further corroborated when one considers that the civilian labor force participation rate actually rose in January from 64.6 to 64.7.

Yet a number that avoids some of the constant fudging by the BLS, the Non-Seasonally Adjusted number, hit a new recent record: instead of 9.7%, this number was 10.6%, a 0.9% increase from December!

The same can be seen in the U-6 data. NSA U-6 is now at a record 18%, even as the seasonally adjusted number declined to 16.5%.

SA U-6:

And here is the Non Seasonally Adjusted U-6:

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: More lies from the Government about the UE% Rate.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 07:10:10 AM »
lol

Man, who ever doctors these numbers sure has some balls. Whats more ammusing is just how many people gobble this up while it's been demonstrated over and over again that it's all bullcrap.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 07:13:25 AM »
lol

Man, who ever doctors these numbers sure has some balls. Whats more ammusing is just how many people gobble this crap up while it's been demonstrated over and over again that it's all bullcrap.

Almost every state has reported an increase in UE yet they put out this phoney nonsense. 

Who believes these people anymore? 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 07:39:32 AM »
I actually watched CNBC this morning when the number came out.EVERY guy said "SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH THIS NUMBER" and "THIS DOESNT LOOK RIGHT.WE HAVE TO DIG INTO THIS TO UNDERSTAND THIS".LOL.Obama at it again.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 07:42:39 AM »
Am I reading that correctly, unemployment at 10.6%?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 07:44:23 AM »
Am I reading that correctly, unemployment at 10.6%?

Yes.  The lies the BLS, not Black Label Society, told in this are incredibly blatant.   

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 08:21:12 AM »
lol

Man, who ever doctors these numbers sure has some balls. Whats more ammusing is just how many people gobble this up while it's been demonstrated over and over again that it's all bullcrap.

The market is buying either. I just love how the U.E. rate and jobless claims have pretty much been constant since this recession began 2+ years ago....but every jobloss report and job loss claims report that comes in badly is reported as "unexpected".

Unexpected....meaning, what?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 08:22:40 AM »
The market is buying either. I just love how the U.E. rate and jobless claims have pretty much been constant since this recession began 2+ years ago....but every jobloss report and job loss claims report that comes in badly is reported as "unexpected".

Unexpected....meaning, what?

Meaning the govt is lying to us.  Gigantor - check this chart out.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 03:26:36 PM »
Here is your LYING president claiming things are getting better

C

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 03:49:15 PM »
This is a tough recession for sure.  I understand why he's got to sunny up the numbers.  it keeps the masses somewhat confident in a recovery.  It could be worse guys we could have the GOP in power THEN we'd all be fu*ked.  Unless we're all CEO's and earning 1000000000000000
Abandon every hope...

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 04:09:11 PM »
last time i checked kc , when there was a rep pres and rep had the majority in the senate, the u.e was between 5-6 !!!!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 04:23:55 PM »
This is a tough recession for sure.  I understand why he's got to sunny up the numbers.  it keeps the masses somewhat confident in a recovery.  It could be worse guys we could have the GOP in power THEN we'd all be fu*ked.  Unless we're all CEO's and earning 1000000000000000

You still believe in the left/right political philosophy example? Both parties take mildly different routes but the destination is the same and it isn't for the better. They claim to be different from each other but all the background players are the same and always connected to both.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 05:34:17 PM »
"last time i checked kc , when there was a rep pres and rep had the majority in the senate, the u.e was between 5-6 !!!!"

mccain would be facing 9 or 10% UE employment today as well.

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 05:51:08 PM »
Well since you can tell the future and predict things why arent you on the news doing this??? Nobody will ever know where it would be cause that situation didnt happen, but we know where it is now and with who... and if you notice I didnt say a rep pres only, I also said when the rep had majority in the senate, which has nothing to do with mclame..  why is it when someone talks about obammer there is always someone so quick to jump in talking about would may have happened or not happened if mclame had won? He didnt, obammer did, and obammer is leading us down the shitter. As long as the dems have house and senate of course a rep pres would be in the same boat as obammer,

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 06:11:07 PM »
"NFP -20,000, Consensus +15,000, Non-Seasonally Adjusted Unemployment Rate (U3 And U6) Surges To Record 10.6% And 18%
Submitted by Tyler Durden"

The first rule of fraudulent numbers is that you don't talk about fraudulent numbers.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 07:28:33 PM »
"last time i checked kc , when there was a rep pres and rep had the majority in the senate, the u.e was between 5-6 !!!!"

mccain would be facing 9 or 10% UE employment today as well.

Fine. Arriving at some point close to where we are right now might have been unavoidable, but the policies enacted/have been enacted/will be enacted will guarantee that we stay at this point for quite some time.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 08:40:26 PM »
GigX,
in theory, and from what beck says, you are 100% correct.

However, it's been 10 months since stim passed, and the bad numbers seem to have bottomed out in terms of UE.  If this happens, and people start getting confidence (then jobs) back, what we experienced in 2009 could be the worst of it.  And in 2012, Obama can frame that as "the shit salad Bush left behind" and a more successful 2011/2012 as "HIS accomplishment".

It could work, politically.  Of course he's full of shit, just as Bush and Clinton were.  But politically it could work.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 09:12:43 PM »
This about sums it up. lol

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 05:33:42 AM »
GigX,
in theory, and from what beck says, you are 100% correct.

However, it's been 10 months since stim passed, and the bad numbers seem to have bottomed out in terms of UE.  If this happens, and people start getting confidence (then jobs) back, what we experienced in 2009 could be the worst of it.  And in 2012, Obama can frame that as "the shit salad Bush left behind" and a more successful 2011/2012 as "HIS accomplishment".

It could work, politically.  Of course he's full of shit, just as Bush and Clinton were.  But politically it could work.

I understand your point, and I pretty much agree. But the original purpose of the Stim plan was a total and complete failure. The "Jobs Bill" will also be a failure. Govt. payrolls have increased by about 10% since the recession began, couple that with private payrolls dropping and you get a whole bunch of not good. The markets may well elect Obama come that time because if the DOW takes a dive it personally effects peoples retirement,$ and overall outlook. If the Dow is up, even though the connection may be little, Obama can hang that high and say the markets reflect the Stim working and his policies working...even though he's stated that Wall Street doesn't reflect Main Street during his populist campaign. If the Dow crashes and U.E. stays relatively unchanged....he won't have a leg to obfuscate on.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 05:52:59 AM »
This about sums it up. lol

Blacken and KC told me this guy is just someone in the basement? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 05:59:45 AM »
i said bedroom. here he is, the beck of the bedrooms, with all his props  to amuse the simpletons

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 06:04:58 AM »
i said bedroom. here he is, the beck of the bedrooms, with all his props  to amuse the simpletons

Can you dispute anything he said in the video? 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 08:14:31 AM »

You are one sorry ass moron. While he uses actual available data and critical thinking to figure out how the economy is really doing, you do nothing but shoot off stupid one liners. As was mentioned already, if you have anything of value to dispute what he's saying, we'd love to here it, we could use a laugh this morning.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 08:18:25 AM »
You are one sorry ass moron. While he uses actual available data and critical thinking to figure out how the economy is really doing, you do nothing but shoot off stupid one liners. As was mentioned already, if you have anything of value to dispute what he's saying, we'd love to here it, we could use a laugh this morning.

Thats what these fools do.  Blacken will simply run over to DU, see some nonsense somer whiny lib bitch posts and run over here to post it.  No critial thought, no analysis, no refutation, no dispute of the facts, just typical drivel.   

Every Shiff video I post I get the usual tripe from the left wing clown mobile. 

If they had any factual basis whatsoever to dispute the vids we post they would, but they cant, wont, and are incapable of it. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 08:23:07 AM »
Thats what these fools do.  Blacken will simply run over to DU, see some nonsense somer whiny lib bitch posts and run over here to post it.  No critial thought, no analysis, no refutation, no dispute of the facts, just typical drivel.   

Every Shiff video I post I get the usual tripe from the left wing clown mobile. 

If they had any factual basis whatsoever to dispute the vids we post they would, but they cant, wont, and are incapable of it. 

I'm waiting for him to post another Barney Frank video and put us in our place.  ::)