Author Topic: Obama seeks TARP for small business  (Read 1506 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Obama seeks TARP for small business
« on: February 06, 2010, 01:18:11 PM »
Hi, Populist Move designed to reassure pissed off small business owners that "I'm on YOUR side!"

President Barack Obama called Saturday for new steps to support America's small businesses, saying they are key to rebuilding the economy on a new, stronger foundation and creating jobs.

"These companies represent the essence of the American spirit - the promise that anyone can succeed in this country if you have a good idea and the determination to see it through," Obama said in his weekly radio address.

The president said last year, his administration had taken measures that supported over 47,000 loans to small businesses and delivered billions of dollars in tax relief to small business owners. But he argued that more must be done.

Obama said he had proposed taking 30 billion dollars from the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) fund originally used for bailing out Wall Street investment banks and create a new Small Business Lending Fund that will provide capital for community banks on Main Street.

"These are the small, local banks that will be able to give our small business owners more of the credit they need to stay afloat," the president noted.

James

Re: Obama seeks TARP for small business
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 02:00:12 PM »
How is the economy going in Florida, one year into Obama's presidency ?  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 02:10:50 PM »
hahah terrrrrrrrible!

James

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 02:26:04 PM »
hahah terrrrrrrrible!

and 5 months from now, do you think it will be any better ?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 02:29:56 PM »
Not unless people stop hoarding their $ and start spending it.

I'm not saying this is an awesome move by obama, nor assigning any merit to it.  I"m saying he is aware that small business owners hate him - and he's trying to suck up to them with a move like this.

James

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 02:35:17 PM »
Not unless people stop hoarding their $ and start spending it.

I'm not saying this is an awesome move by obama, nor assigning any merit to it.  I"m saying he is aware that small business owners hate him - and he's trying to suck up to them with a move like this.

You have wrote many times, that we should wait 18 months before deciding if Obama's plan would work. With 5 months to go of the 18 month mark, I think it is safe to say Rob, that it is not looking good.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 02:40:08 PM »
I hope very much that we're recovered at the 18 month mark.  I think there were a lot of factors that hit obama (one of them being the right-wing effort to undermine dollar with Beck talking nonstop about weimar republic and FLX running nonstop gold commercials, certainly undermining Dollar Confidence, the illusion upon which our entire economy is based.

I hope we bounce back in 18 months.  I don't think it'll be 100% in 18 months.  I do think it'll be on an upward TREND, no doubt there.  The joblloss seems to have stpped - we've lost the jobs that are going to be lost.  And these things are big, slow cycles.  I am confident this chart will now move into job growth - I don't see any scenario where such a trend just FREEZES in mid-air.

James

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 02:57:57 PM »
I hope very much that we're recovered at the 18 month mark.  I think there were a lot of factors that hit obama (one of them being the r-ght-wing effort to undermine dollar with Beck talking nonstop about weimar republic and FLX running nonstop gold commercials, certainly undermining Dollar Confidence, the illusion upon which our entire economy is based.

I hope we bounce back in 18 months.  I don't think it'll be 100% in 18 months.  I do think it'll be on an upward TREND, no doubt there.  The joblloss seems to have stpped - we've lost the jobs that are going to be lost.  And these things are big, slow cycles.  I am confident this chart will now move into job growth - I don't see any scenario where such a trend just FREEZES in mid-air.

Obama has already helped quadruple the deficit with his stimulus package, with no jobs to show for it,  and absolutely no way of our children and grandchildren ever paying it back, and you think it is Becks Fault ?   You are delusional.

Bush Deficit vs. Obama Deficit

Let me know when the economy picks back up in Florida

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 03:14:20 PM »
Obama has already helped quadruple the deficit with his stimulus package, with no jobs to show for it,  and absolutely no way of our children and grandchildren ever paying it back, and you think it is Becks Fault ?   You are delusional.

Bush Deficit vs. Obama Deficit

Let me know when the economy picks back up in Florida

Bush didn't include Iraq or Afghanistan in the budget and Obama does

Also, I don't think TARP ( a Bush bailout) was included in Bush's budget either

James

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 03:18:42 PM »
Bush didn't include Iraq or Afghanistan in the budget and Obama does

Also, I don't think TARP ( a Bush bailout) was not in his budget either

"Many Obama defenders in the comments are claiming that the numbers above do not include spending on Iraq and Afghanistan during the Bush years. They most certainly do. While Bush did fund the wars through emergency supplementals (not the regular budget process), that spending did not simply vanish. It is included in the numbers above. Also, some Obama defenders are claiming the graphic above represents biased Heritage Foundation numbers. While we stand behind the numbers we put out 100%, the numbers, and the graphic itself, above are from the Washington Post. We originally left out the link to WaPo. It has now been added."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2009/03/21/GR2009032100104.html

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/bush-deficit-vs-obama-deficit-in-pictures/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 03:38:07 PM »

"Many Obama defenders in the comments are claiming that the numbers above do not include spending on Iraq and Afghanistan during the Bush years. They most certainly do. While Bush did fund the wars through emergency supplementals (not the regular budget process), that spending did not simply vanish. It is included in the numbers above. Also, some Obama defenders are claiming the graphic above represents biased Heritage Foundation numbers. While we stand behind the numbers we put out 100%, the numbers, and the graphic itself, above are from the Washington Post. We originally left out the link to WaPo. It has now been added."

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/bush-deficit-vs-obama-deficit-in-pictures/

is TARP in there m

are there any numerical details to show how they created that picture (I don't trust the Washington Post or the Heritgage Foundation to give unbiased info  - I'm sure you understand)

Obama should just end Bush's wars, cut other military spending and let the Bush tax cuts expire (which I believe he is doing)

James

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 03:49:27 PM »
is TARP in there m

are there any numerical details to show how they created that picture (I don't trust the Washington Post or the Heritgage Foundation to give unbiased info  - I'm sure you understand)

Obama should just end Bush's wars, cut other military spending and let the Bush tax cuts expire (which I believe he is doing)

"In the first independent analysis, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office concluded that President Obama's budget would rack up massive deficits even after the economy recovers, forcing the nation to borrow nearly $9.3 trillion over the next decade."

You dont the trust Congressional Budget Office ?

The same CBO that Obama has said in non partisan ?

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/100xx/doc10014/Chapter1.5.1.shtml

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 03:51:56 PM »
if Obama had used all that money to stimulate businesses and shovel projects, it owuld be a diff story.  He just did what he was told and gave it all to the banks :(

It's not an attack on beck - I like his show a ton - but there is no denying that all the anti-dollar stuff has surely had an effect upon american economic confidence.  yes, obama hurt it too.  But the "dollar to collapse~" campaign that you see on drudge and other sites sure isn't heling confidenec either.

James

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 03:53:56 PM »
if Obama had used all that money to stimulate businesses and shovel projects, it owuld be a diff story.  He just did what he was told and gave it all to the banks Sad

It's not an attack on beck - I like his show a ton - but there is no denying that all the anti-dollar stuff has surely had an effect upon american economic confidence.  yes, obama hurt it too.  But the "dollar to collapse~" campaign that you see on drudge and other sites sure isn't heling confidenec either.

First you tell us that less than 1"% watch Fox, so they dont matter, and then you say that Beck is to blame for the mess we are in.  

I give up on your 240,  you are beyond help.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 04:00:40 PM »
I'm saying that maybe 49% of today's mess is Bush's fault for leaving avalanching debt, 50% is obama for printing money like it's his birthday, and 1 is the fault of naysayers who scare joe Sixpack into selling his dollars for foreign money and gold.

I see it as a big money thing way bigger than whichever guy is in charge at the white house.  I see the numbers being the same today with Mccain in office.  I see Mccain supporting such a bill (despite it being a non-repub bill) just like Bush did.  It was Bush and the dems against the repubs on the Bailout bill... didn't that strike you as odd?  It would have been mccain and dems against the repubs for the Stim too, I believe. 

James

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 04:08:36 PM »
I'm saying that maybe 49% of today's mess is Bush's fault for leaving avalanching debt, 50% is obama for printing money like it's his birthday, and 1 is the fault of naysayers who scare joe Sixpack into selling his dollars for foreign money and gold.

I see it as a big money thing way bigger than whichever guy is in charge at the white house.  I see the numbers being the same today with Mccain in office.  I see Mccain supporting such a bill (despite it being a non-repub bill) just like Bush did.  It was Bush and the dems against the repubs on the Bailout bill... didn't that strike you as odd?  It would have been mccain and dems against the repubs for the Stim too, I believe.

So if you think it is more Obama's fault than Bush, then why do you spend so much time on here bashing Bush, while "kneepadding" for Obama ?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 04:10:08 PM »
So if you think it is more Obama's fault than Bush, then why do you spend so much time on here bashing Bush, and kneepadding for Obama ?
hahaha

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 04:11:24 PM »
I think the best time to bash obama will be when we're blaming him for everything after  Thune's 1/20/2013 inauguration.

James

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 04:16:29 PM »
hahaha

;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 04:16:59 PM »
I think the best time to bash obama will be when we're blaming him for everything after  Thune's 1/20/2013 inauguration.

Ha Ha.  It will happen a long time before that.  

James

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 04:20:27 PM »
Ha Ha.  It will happen a long time before that.  

240 admitted that it is more Obama's fault than Bush

Remind him of that every now and then, especially when the "knee pads" are being put on   ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 04:22:16 PM »

240 admitted that it is more Obama's fault than Bush

Remind him of that every now and then, especially when the knee pads are being put on   ;D

Im still reminding him of his claims on the stim bill from a year ago. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 04:31:52 PM »
240, you know I am just joking about the knee pad thing,

To tell the truth, you are correct, that Bush is to blame too. I just think when it is all said and done, Obama's spending will make Bush look like Ron Paul.

The whole - "But Bush did it too" is completely bogus. 

Obummer was elected to fix the problems of overspending, not double down on failure and more entitlement spending and act like a bitch when people call him on it. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 09:57:28 PM »
The whole - "But Bush did it too" is completely bogus. 

Obummer was elected to fix the problems of overspending, not double down on failure and more entitlement spending and act like a bitch when people call him on it. 
as is the whole "I inherited a big mess" bullshit, he didnt inherit shit he knowingly and willingly persued the job he has...he competed for the presidency if he didnt want it he should have let hillary have the primary... ::)