Author Topic: Bodybuilders and Motorcycles  (Read 141726 times)

newmom

Re: Bodybuilders and Motorcycles
« Reply #650 on: June 10, 2010, 11:42:30 AM »
bawawa thanks Mr. tan is coming in good aint it...oh man the sun was strong on that long ass ride but soooo much fun

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #651 on: June 10, 2010, 12:23:29 PM »
bawawa thanks Mr. tan is coming in good aint it...oh man the sun was strong on that long ass ride but soooo much fun
How many times did you stop each way? I think you told us it was like a 90 minute ride...

newmom

« Reply #652 on: June 10, 2010, 12:26:56 PM »
How many times did you stop each way? I think you told us it was like a 90 minute ride...

we stopped once on the way up..that was it

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #653 on: June 10, 2010, 12:33:59 PM »
we stopped once on the way up..that was it
Damn you are tough I cant ride that long without like 3 stops. These people that ride all over the country fucking amaze me.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #654 on: June 10, 2010, 01:01:53 PM »
And like all good Harley stories.....we know how they end.
 ;D

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #655 on: June 10, 2010, 01:02:55 PM »

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #656 on: June 10, 2010, 01:05:33 PM »
And like all good Harley stories.....we know how they end.
 ;D
Les are you saying Japanese bikes own Harley's? Now on a flat track Harley's rule but on a track like Daytona or others on the series Harley's dont stand a chance. Why is this honest question.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #657 on: June 10, 2010, 01:34:18 PM »
Les are you saying Japanese bikes own Harley's? Now on a flat track Harley's rule but on a track like Daytona or others on the series Harley's dont stand a chance. Why is this honest question.

Depends on what you're looking to do...

For flat tracking the Harley XR750's pulsed power delivery is advantageous to traction. Others can and do mimic it (Aprilia, Suzuki, and now Ducati). Over the years many people have felt the AMA have "tweaked" their flat track rules to benefit HD. Yamaha and Honda both quit the Series for that very reason. In the old Grand National Series days the disciplines were combined and an overall title was awarded....so the roadracers and flattrackers had to ride across disciplines to win an overall title. That is why the most famous group of American roadracers had flat track backgrounds. A true XR750 is one of the purest forms of race bike....140 mph into turns with basically no brakes. For the 1/2 mile and mile races having huge HP is not a major concern if you can't put the power to the ground.

At Daytona....the "roval" type track is really one big dynamometer. HP rules on the high banks and a true Harley (air-cooled, push rod engine, big twin) just doesn't have the power (HP for a given displacement) to be competitive. The new Buells are close - under "tweaked" AMA rules. On road courses the Harley VR1000 was overweight and underpowered. I'm pretty sure HD could build a competitive race bike for roadracing IF they wanted to commit the resources to it. This really isn't their market niche and it would be prohibitively expensive to take on the Japanese and Italian manufacturers at their game.

For taking a bike down to the local establishment for a beer and a burger...HD corners that market and does so at a much higher profit level than the 600 cc sport bike market could ever return.

newmom

« Reply #658 on: June 10, 2010, 04:12:38 PM »

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #659 on: June 10, 2010, 04:19:23 PM »
Depends on what you're looking to do...

For flat tracking the Harley XR750's pulsed power delivery is advantageous to traction. Others can and do mimic it (Aprilia, Suzuki, and now Ducati). Over the years many people have felt the AMA have "tweaked" their flat track rules to benefit HD. Yamaha and Honda both quit the Series for that very reason. In the old Grand National Series days the disciplines were combined and an overall title was awarded....so the roadracers and flattrackers had to ride across disciplines to win an overall title. That is why the most famous group of American roadracers had flat track backgrounds. A true XR750 is one of the purest forms of race bike....140 mph into turns with basically no brakes. For the 1/2 mile and mile races having huge HP is not a major concern if you can't put the power to the ground.

At Daytona....the "roval" type track is really one big dynamometer. HP rules on the high banks and a true Harley (air-cooled, push rod engine, big twin) just doesn't have the power (HP for a given displacement) to be competitive. The new Buells are close - under "tweaked" AMA rules. On road courses the Harley VR1000 was overweight and underpowered. I'm pretty sure HD could build a competitive race bike for roadracing IF they wanted to commit the resources to it. This really isn't their market niche and it would be prohibitively expensive to take on the Japanese and Italian manufacturers at their game.

For taking a bike down to the local establishment for a beer and a burger...HD corners that market and does so at a much higher profit level than the 600 cc sport bike market could ever return.
Great explanation. So summary is Harley has no interest in "roval" type racing because the market isnt there. It's just amazing that they still dominate short flat tracks I guess the Japs and Italians arent that interested in that venue so its like a stand off.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #660 on: June 10, 2010, 05:08:45 PM »
Objects in Rear View Mirror Are Smaller Than They Appear.

newmom

« Reply #661 on: June 10, 2010, 05:09:34 PM »
Objects in Rear View Mirror Are Smaller Than They Appear.

omg LMAO

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #662 on: June 10, 2010, 05:17:55 PM »
Great explanation. So summary is Harley has no interest in "roval" type racing because the market isnt there. It's just amazing that they still dominate short flat tracks I guess the Japs and Italians arent that interested in that venue so its like a stand off.

Harley no longer needs to roadrace - for companies like Ducati racing is in their DNA.
For HD the cost of competitive entry into the sportbike market would be considerable.
Having a HD sportbike line would alienate the "true Harley faithful" - see the liquid cooled VRod.
HD dominate in flat track by favorable rules.....and those crazy goddamn hillbillies are only interested in American iron.  ;D
Roadracing = huge in Europe, small following here.
Flat track = exists in pockets of America, non-existent in the rest of the world.

I believe that if American engineering wanted to build a sportbike to take on the big four they could.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #663 on: June 10, 2010, 05:24:14 PM »
Harley no longer needs to roadrace - for companies like Ducati racing is in their DNA.
For HD the cost of competitive entry into the sportbike market would be considerable.
Having a HD sportbike line would alienate the "true Harley faithful" - see the liquid cooled VRod.
HD dominate in flat track by favorable rules.....and those crazy goddamn hillbillies are only interested in American iron.  ;D
Roadracing = huge in Europe, small following here.
Flat track = exists in pockets of America, non-existent in the rest of the world.

I believe that if American engineering wanted to build a sportbike to take on the big four they could.
Agreed on all this however I'm Hillbilly that likes flat track racing which HD dominates but I ride a Yahmaha insanity will rule the world 8)

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #664 on: June 10, 2010, 05:28:03 PM »
Agreed on all this however I'm Hillbilly that likes flat track racing which HD dominates but I ride a Yahmaha insanity will rule the world 8)

Yamaha Maxim (XJS650) flat track bobber with a Moto-Guzzi tank.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #665 on: June 10, 2010, 05:28:50 PM »
Yamaha

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #666 on: June 10, 2010, 05:30:32 PM »
Yamaha Maxim 650

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #667 on: June 10, 2010, 05:32:08 PM »
Yamaha Maxim (XJS650) flat track bobber with a Moto-Guzzi tank.
Dude I have a XJS650 its original needs restored damn fine pic gives me ideas. The one I ride is a XJ1100 the pic is at the start of the thread..thanks for posting this.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #668 on: June 10, 2010, 05:32:23 PM »

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #669 on: June 10, 2010, 05:36:05 PM »
I bet you're the type of person that wears the skull face bandana when you think it's cold.

::)

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

newmom

« Reply #670 on: June 10, 2010, 05:37:36 PM »
I bet you're the type of person that wears the skull face bandana when you think it's cold.

::)

omg NOOOOOOOOO I just have alot of bandanas because I also wear them to the gym..stupid ass

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #671 on: June 10, 2010, 05:42:09 PM »
omg NOOOOOOOOO I just have alot of bandanas because I also wear them to the gym..stupid ass
Rookie.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

newmom

« Reply #672 on: June 10, 2010, 05:47:07 PM »
Rookie.

wrong again dumbass, ugh helmets are horrific on the hair, so Id rather wear the bandana under the helmet

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #673 on: June 10, 2010, 05:48:54 PM »
Get a skull and cross bones to wear on PMS days on the bike I hope this helps.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #674 on: June 10, 2010, 05:55:43 PM »
Dude I have a XJS650 its original needs restored damn fine pic gives me ideas. The one I ride is a XJ1100 the pic is at the start of the thread..thanks for posting this.

1975 XS650 flat tracker conversion.....now get to it.