Author Topic: North Carolina town bans Guns & Ammo purchases after monster snowfall.  (Read 1915 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Alcohol Restrictions, Curfew Lifted In King
Police Chief: King Remains Under State Of Emergency Until Monday
POSTED: 5:18 pm EST February 6, 2010
UPDATED: 4:07 pm EST February 7, 2010
 Email  Print
 Comments (227)

________________________ ________________________ ________________________

KING, N.C. -- Authorities lifted a curfew and alcohol restrictions in King on Sunday, but said a state of emergency declaration remained in effect until Monday.

Authorities said the state of emergency declaration would continue until Monday 9 a.m., barring any unforeseen circumstances or severe changes.

Effective Sunday afternoon, alcohol restrictions and a curfew were lifted. All other remaining restrictions would continue until Monday, said Paula May, King police chief.

Other restrictions include a ban on the sale or purchase of any type of firearm, ammunition, explosive or any possession of such items off a person's own premises.

Also on Sunday, the emergency shelter established by the American red Cross at West Stokes High School was closed.

"We appreciate the support and cooperation of everyone with our efforts to keep the citizens of King safe," May said.

The state of emergency was declared Friday due to severe weather.

________________________ ________________________ _______________________

And people wonder why us pro- 2nd amendment folks are so protective over our rights. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Re: North Carolina town bans Guns & Ammo purchases after monster snowfall.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 08:50:15 AM »
Since when does snowfall warrant closing bars, restricting alcohol, curfews and fire arms sale?????? Seems like the local police in North Carolina are actually trying to instigate a situation.
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 08:51:34 AM »
Since when does snowfall warrant closing bars, restricting alcohol, curfews and fire arms sale?????? Seems like the local police in North Carolina are actually trying to instigate a situation.

Nice way for these asshole cop scumbags to hurt private businesses. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 08:55:55 AM »
Seems fair.  It's a state of emergency.  It actually was an emergency so i don't see the issue with this?  Was there any reason for anyone to even consider going to buy a gun in a snowstorm? No. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 08:57:39 AM »
Seems fair.  It's a state of emergency.  It actually was an emergency so i don't see the issue with this?  Was there any reason for anyone to even consider going to buy a gun in a snowstorm? No. 

You have made a perfect member of the Hitler Youth with your attitude. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 09:01:07 AM »
You have made a perfect member of the Hitler Youth with your attitude. 

Wow there really is something wrong with you 333.  All you think about his hitler this, stalin that.  Is there a reason why you have such an affinity for mass murderers?  Perhaps because you share their fascist tendencies.  Next you'll be bringing up mussolini as a great Italian. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 09:02:56 AM »
Wow there really is something wrong with you 333.  All you think about his hitler this, stalin that.  Is there a reason why you have such an affinity for mass murderers?  Perhaps because you share their fascist tendencies.  Next you'll be bringing up mussolini as a great Italian. 

Mussolini was not a great Italian, he was a fascist dictator who deserved to be hung. 

Please tell me what snow has to do with buying a firearm? 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 09:06:21 AM »
Mussolini was not a great Italian, he was a fascist dictator who deserved to be hung. 

Please tell me what snow has to do with buying a firearm? 

If a state of emergency was called they were well within their rights to do what they did.  I'm not in NC neither are you, but if it's as bad as it seems it seems logical to me to not want people out and about in such horrendous weather.  Closing whatever stores they can would make sure people stayed safe and didn't provide a greater drain on already strained emergency workers.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 09:07:48 AM »
If a state of emergency was called they were well within their rights to do what they did.  I'm not in NC neither are you, but if it's as bad as it seems it seems logical to me to not want people out and about in such horrendous weather.  Closing whatever stores they can would make sure people stayed safe and didn't provide a greater drain on already strained emergency workers.

So why didnt they close all stores? 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 09:09:57 AM »
So why didnt they close all stores? 

Ask them.  Does it matter? No.  You're making it an issue when it really isn't.  I don't think anyone wishing to purchase a gun can not wait 2-3 days IN A SNOWSTORM to then go purchase said gun. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 09:12:57 AM »
Ask them.  Does it matter? No.  You're making it an issue when it really isn't.  I don't think anyone wishing to purchase a gun can not wait 2-3 days IN A SNOWSTORM to then go purchase said gun. 

Yes it does matter. 

This shows how easily the govt can prohibit your rights, and get useful dupes like yourself to go along with it. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 09:21:08 AM »
Yes it does matter. 

This shows how easily the govt can prohibit your rights, and get useful dupes like yourself to go along with it. 

I'm not trying to buy a gun in a state of emergency so i really don't have an issue with this. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 09:23:24 AM »
I'm not trying to buy a gun in a state of emergency so i really don't have an issue with this. 

And what if they willy nilly declare a state of emergency because they fear climate change is going to accelerate rapidly? 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 09:24:31 AM »
WTF
S

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 09:25:43 AM »
And what if they willy nilly declare a state of emergency because they fear climate change is going to accelerate rapidly? 

What if they then decide to bring out killer robots to police the world and aliens then make us their slaves  ::)

Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 09:27:42 AM »
What if they then decide to bring out killer robots to police the world and aliens then make us their slaves  ::)

KC - this is why you are a clown.  You are willing to accept anything the govt tells you do you. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 09:29:05 AM »
KC - this is why you are a clown.  You are willing to accept anything the govt tells you do you. 

No i will accept a state of emergency in a SNOW STORM though.  I then won't try to draw imaginary conclusions that this will now occur for any reason imaginable. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 09:30:10 AM »
No i will accept a state of emergency in a SNOW STORM though.  I then won't try to draw imaginary conclusions that this will now occur for any reason imaginable. 

Hysterical.  You libs scream about the patriot act yet act like crap like this is perfectly fine. 

Typical. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 09:36:23 AM »
Hysterical.  You libs scream about the patriot act yet act like crap like this is perfectly fine. 

Typical. 

A state of emergency is not a prolonged abuse of rights  ::)
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 09:37:24 AM »
A state of emergency is not a prolonged abuse of rights  ::)

911 was not an emergency?

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 09:39:11 AM »

The Hitler reference is to make you aware of how people can be made to give up their rights and follow the will of the government. Why are you screaming about mass murderers? What does that have to do with anything?

So far as a state of emergency...snow fall is not a state of emergency. Political leaders scream this nonsense every time two rain drops fall as a way of getting the government to give their state emergency aid.

You guys better snap out of your delusions quick, because the next state of emergency will be the government telling you to line up for the FEMA camps...What will you do then?...just comply? Put up resistance? Will you know the difference between a real emergency and a desire for your gov to scream out a claim in order to just control you?
C

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 10:16:42 AM »
PRO- With no law enforcement and lots of hungry desperate people, people might WANT a gun to attack others for food or other resources.

CON- With no law enforcement and lots of hungry desperate people, people might NEED a gun to protect their house and family.

REALITY- Only a dumbass waits until a natural disaster to decide to buy a firearm.

PERSONALLY - I'd be sleeping in the day and spending my nights lying prone with the AR-15 ready to politely discourage any visitors ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 10:18:19 AM »
PRO- With no law enforcement and lots of hungry desperate people, people might WANT a gun to attack others for food or other resources.

CON- With no law enforcement and lots of hungry desperate people, people might NEED a gun to protect their house and family.

REALITY- Only a dumbass waits until a natural disaster to decide to buy a firearm.

What if some guys are bored and want to go to an indoor range because there is nothing else do do and they ran out of ammo?   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 10:22:50 AM »
"What if some guys are bored and want to go to an indoor range because there is nothing else do do and they ran out of ammo?   "

Hey, I'm not saying I agree with the ban.  I simply pointed out both the pros and cons, and how I would personally handle it.

I don't have all the info on the situation there.  99% of the time, it's a bad idea.  However, if it's a podunk, 5-lawman town, and there is already violent crime going on, maybe they want to stop a local gang or three from turning into pirates, how do I know.  Must be some extreme circumstance to warrant this in pro-gun area.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 10:27:08 AM »
"What if some guys are bored and want to go to an indoor range because there is nothing else do do and they ran out of ammo?   "

Hey, I'm not saying I agree with the ban.  I simply pointed out both the pros and cons, and how I would personally handle it.

I don't have all the info on the situation there.  99% of the time, it's a bad idea.  However, if it's a podunk, 5-lawman town, and there is already violent crime going on, maybe they want to stop a local gang or three from turning into pirates, how do I know.  Must be some extreme circumstance to warrant this in pro-gun area.

When you give these cops and politicians the hammer, everything looks like nail. 

Think about that 240.