Author Topic: You've got to love Chael Sonnen...  (Read 4404 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
You've got to love Chael Sonnen...
« on: February 08, 2010, 09:03:18 AM »
"I'd rather have Anderson who's big and tall and those long legs that I can come out and run over than Vitor." - Chael Sonnen, on who he'd rather fight for the UFC middleweight championship after securing his title shot with a dominating victory over Nate Marquardt at UFC 109. (AOL)

"That guy’s no more the top fighter out there than Bigfoot is roaming the woods." - Sonnen (Yahoo)
Either he'll beat Andersen, which would result in the biggest MMA pwnage we've seen in some time, or he'll get KTFO and we'll still see the biggest MMA pwnage we've seen in some time.  Here are some of his most recent quotes regarding the Spider ;D

"This guy is no more real than the Loch Ness Monster. And if he needs me to expose him then I will." - Sonnen

"Look, [Anderson Silva's] not my kind of a guy. This is a grown man that’s got earrings. This is a grown man who wears his hat sideways. This is a guy who wears pink T-shirts. This guy wouldn’t make it 12 minutes in my neighborhood." - Sonnen

"I live in a nice neighborhood and we’d still run him out." - Sonnen, running with a rough posse in suburban Oregon.

"That is an absolute myth, and all these guys can buy into it, but there’s a young man out in Portland, Oregon, that is not signing up on that bandwagon." - Sonnen.  That man is Greg "Dong" Oden. (MMA Weekly)

"If Anderson ever signed to fight me, which is highly unlikely, he’ll be getting a verbal beating like you’ve never seen." - Sonnen

w

marty31672

• Getbig IV
Re: You've got to love Chael Sonnen...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 07:14:52 PM »
who's chael sonnen? never heard of him...

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 03:19:12 AM »

He's the guy who fucks your wife. 

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 06:25:34 AM »

Really ???  He's fought in the UFC about a dozen times and in the WEC 3-4 times. 
w

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 09:56:05 PM »
This guy's great because he actually believes everything that he's saying. Either he's got some sort of insight that the rest of us are missing out on, or he's just plain fucking nuts. Whichever it is, I very much like the prospect of this fight getting inked.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 10:00:15 PM »
This guy's great because he actually believes everything that he's saying. Either he's got some sort of insight that the rest of us are missing out on, or he's just plain fucking nuts. Whichever it is, I very much like the prospect of this fight getting inked.
ima go out on a huge limb here and say he is fucken gonzo. just sayen is all

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 10:59:03 PM »
Chael Sonnen(R) is a bit of a douche, but he is well spoken and knows how to market himself. Get him at a Tea Party rally and you might convert some repubelican nut jobs into mma fans.
!

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 06:30:25 AM »
The more I read the more I see that Anderson is a total fake, said by the fighters. Curious?
Giving 110%

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 07:00:26 AM »
I have been a Sonnen fan since he got robbed of the WEC title by that brazilian guy-- thigo alves or silva or paulo something. He was beating the guys ass for 2+ rounds, then the other guy tries an arm bar and the referee accidently calls the match because he thought Sonnen tapped ( which he clearly didn't on replay).

Then in the rematch, Sonnen was like 1 pound over and didn't make weight so it was a non-title bout and he beat the guys ass.

In a lot of ways he reminds me of a middle weight Forrest Griffin ( but with 1000000x better wrestling). Not a ton of talent, but tough as shit and a ton of heart.

Anderson will probably destroy him though. His come straight ahead and beat you style is tailor made for him.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 10:20:16 PM »
Chael did verbally tap in the 1st fight against Paulo and he has admitted that.  I do agree on the 2nd fight though.  Total BS...
w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 04:56:31 AM »

A little of both.   After all, a crazy and delusional person really does believe he is being chased by demon unicorns from the hell dimension of Bliknax.   He gives me a homicidal Mormon vibe-straight laced but not quite right.  His personality is a little abrasive for my tastes and I think that might make it difficult for him to assume the mantle of likable underdog for the fans as well.

He deserves all credit the credit in the world for his victory over Marquardt,   A lot people, including myself, didn't believe he could win. In my opinion Marquards focus on silva made him overlook Sonnen.   He has also turned this upset victory into a potential title shot and although I am not exactly a fan; if he gets a chance to fight Silva, I hope he wins.  The middleweight division is weak and needs a good shaking up.
A

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 06:25:21 AM »
Chael did verbally tap in the 1st fight against Paulo and he has admitted that.  I do agree on the 2nd fight though.  Total BS...

When did he admit that?

I was watching the fight on versus live when it happened. Sonnen threw a shit fit and the announcers ( I believe Frank mir was one of them) even said that he did not tap.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 08:38:40 AM »
I too watched that fight and have it on my DVR.  If the ref had not stopped that fight, he would have had his arm severely broken.  He's admitted to verbally tapping a few times since then.

Here is one of the interviews...

w

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 10:06:19 AM »
In the 2nd fight, it was Paulo Filho who failed to make weight.  Filho was the WEC champ at the time and they fought a non-title bout which Sonnen dominated.  I personally like Sonnen's odds more than Vitor's at beating A Silva.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 10:17:40 AM »
Sonnen might get his shot. Looks like Belfort is out.